[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this movie trigger redditors so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: abatap.jpg (53KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
abatap.jpg
53KB, 500x738px
Why does this movie trigger redditors so much?
>>
It's mediocre
>>
>>82418601
because it is an original idea not based on some comic book or older movie yet still made a ton of money
>>
>>82418631
This is what butthurt haters actually believe

Cry more
>>
>>82418601
It's sincere, no quips, and a genuine technological advance. Oh sure it's derivative thematically and the character design is aimed at children, but the only criticisms you hear about these issues are very petty (dude pocahontas with smurfs am I clever yet) and miss the point. The same people who shit on this but praised cynical manufactured Disneyshit are mongoloids of the highest caliber.
>>
>>82418631
0/10

YOU'RE JUST BUTTHURT
>>
>>82418648
>original
>>
File: enhanced-6630-1460739462-1.png (188KB, 625x335px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-6630-1460739462-1.png
188KB, 625x335px
It's actually stunning how insignificant an impact Avatar has had since it was released and The Force Awakens in a lesser sense since it's still recent. It's been seven years and it earned 2.7 billion dollars yet I can't think of any references made to it in pop culture or any memorable quotes and scenes it imparted. The dialogue was reduced to such bare boned functionality and its characters so bland that it never really developed any kind of devoted following. Just look at how lukewarm the hype has been for announcements of its sequel. The Force Awakens has those problems as well and I don't think anyone really saw it again and again the way people did with the original trilogy except for people who were motivated to help it beat records instead of their enjoyment of the film.
>>
>>82418601
It made no effort at all to appeal to them, is an original story, and btfo Star Wars.

It absolutely infuriates them that Cameron is making sequels. I think because the idea of a director making films purely because he wants to explore the world he created rather than to pander to "fans" offends them on a personal level for some reason.
>>
Because a white man comes along to help save them.

They dont like fucking white males.
>>
>>82418943
>muh pocahontas in space
>>
>>82418601
>film actually designed to be viewed at the cinema instead of a throwaway Netflix flick
>no quips
>creative visuals
>no reliance on nostalagia
>BTFOd all of their favorite capeshit and Star Wars at the box office

it has everything Reddit hates
>>
>>82418811
>Oh sure it's derivative thematically and the character design is aimed at children

you say that as if it isn't a gigantic problem with the film and is the reason some people don't love it
>>
>>82418973
>"It is my job to keep you all alive. I will not succeed. Not with all of you."
>Jake Sully
>Neytiri
That was really fucking easy. Can you imagine being so triggered by a film that you would make a tweet like that?
>>
>>82418648
>>
>>82418973
Unobtainium.
>>
>>82418973
i see you
>>
>>82418601
>people bitch and moan that Hollywood is remakes sequels and adaptations
>Avatar comes out
>people bitch and moan even harder because of it
God I hate people sometimes.
>>
>>82419190
>Avatar introduced unobtainium
Anon, I...
>>
File: Dances With Wolves.jpg (229KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Dances With Wolves.jpg
229KB, 800x1200px
>>82418601

it's been done
and been done better

better characters
better scenery
more historically significant
better movie
>>
>>82419185
>>82418943
I assume you and the rest of reddit despised TFA then?
>>
>>82419185
I don't get why peuds think they're smart for being reductive. This is like saying starwars is bad because it's just the heroes journey, or that the matrix is bad because it's just the allegory of the cave
>>
>>82419190
that shit will never fail to make me laugh out loud. is it a troll? is there a human with a pulse that doesn't think that "unobtainium" is the worst coined term of all time?
>>
The dragon chooses you.
>>
>>82418973
>muh movie is bad because there aren't enough jokes in the big bang theory and family guy about it
>>
>>82419309
I never said I disliked anything. Im just saying Avatar has a pretty close story to Fern Gully.

no need to get butt hurt about it
>>
why can't haters just accept that cameron is the GOAT?
>>
>>82419364
>Why does reddit hate avatar so much?
>the plot and themes are similar to fern gully
>so why doesn't it hate TFA?
Not butthurt but actually genuinely curious
>>
>>82419390
>I'm a fanboy
>>
>>82419525
I wasnt replying to OP. I was replying to the person who said it was original
>>
Avatar is hated because it is a waste of James Cameron, it took him 10 years to make and he's devoting the rest of his life to Smurfs in Space. he has gone full George Lucas fucking crazy.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.