[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TV IS DYING, GOOD RIDANCE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 38

File: TV IS DYING.png (624KB, 1149x867px) Image search: [Google]
TV IS DYING.png
624KB, 1149x867px
In the coming weeks, TV networks will host glitzy events in New York to convince advertisers to spend more money on the latest dramas and reality shows. Many ad buyers, however, say they’re tired of paying ever-higher prices to reach ever-fewer viewers.

Thanks to competition from so many new forms of entertainment -- Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat -- audiences for traditional TV networks, from ESPN to MTV, are declining. In the current TV season, the four major broadcasters have lost 8 percent of their audience. Because of the slumping ratings, advertisers who want to reach a certain amount of eyeballs can’t get what they need from television anymore.

To make up for the shrinking audiences and keep ad sales high, TV networks have kept raising their rates, believing ad buyers will just have to spend more to reach the people they need. TV ratings have dropped 33 percent in the last four years while TV ad prices are up 20 percent during that period, according to Magna, the ad-buying agency owned by Interpublic Group of Cos.

But now, marketers are losing patience with the networks, and ad sales in the $70 billion U.S. TV market are slumping.

“Advertisers’ businesses aren’t growing 10 percent, so when you charge 10 percent increases you’re going to scare people away from TV,” said Dave Campanelli, director of national broadcast at Horizon Media, an ad buyer.

Some ad buyers have been shifting more of their TV budgets to the internet, seeking to encourage the growth of digital competitors like Hulu and YouTube. Last year, Magna announced it would move $250 million of its clients’ TV budgets to YouTube.

Though major media companies Walt Disney Co. and 21st Century Fox Inc. won’t report quarterly results until next week, cable networks look likely to post their first decline in advertising since 2010, according to Bloomberg Intelligence.

://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-05/fed-up-advertisers-stop-paying-more-for-declining-tv-audiences
>>
Good. Cable/satellite companies are jewish as fuck.
>>
>>82417980
>implying the new mediums will result in the profit of a new demographic
>>
>>82418097
This. All everybody is doing is trying to turn the internet into TV. It's why they want net neutrality killed so cable companies can sell you a Netflix/Amazon/Hulu/Youtube Data Package on top of your normal internet bill.
>>
>>82417980
Yep. the only reason i have cable is because it was bundled with my Internet. I still watch everything online. I just can't bear commercials anymore.
>>
I honestly can't remember the last time I watched tv of my own volition.
>>
>>82418268
sasuga /tv/
>>
I'm watching tv RIGHT NOW!
Boy, all these commercials are just great.
>>
>>82418214
But the entire point of this article is that commercials are going to be on the internet soon, as that will be the replacement for TV.
>>
File: 1441455020667.jpg (43KB, 397x392px) Image search: [Google]
1441455020667.jpg
43KB, 397x392px
>ad kikes are less and less interested in putting ads in TV
>you can block internet ads with software
>my city implemented law against huge, flashy advertisements, even for business owners

fucking finally, the age of ad-free contend is upon us.

praise tengri
>>
>>82418917
sure, but it will probably be on a subscription service which they already have. anyways adblock is king and so is torrenting so who cares if plebs pay for that shit
>>
File: carl.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
carl.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>82418529
t. Shilly McShillenstein
>>
File: 1493860754504.png (9KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1493860754504.png
9KB, 420x420px
>>82418214
>I just can't bear commercials anymore.

You know youtube has dozens of commercials right?
>>
>>82419105
what does the t. stand for when people write that?
>>
>>82419111
see
>>82419102
>>
>>82419162
ask knowyourmeme
>>
File: Union Jack.png (13KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
Union Jack.png
13KB, 1280x640px
>>82417248
>>82418529
I'm watching tv right now too!

No adverts at all
>>
I don't watch sports outside of the Olympics and the internet is better for breaking news. TV is pointless.
>>
B-but Rachel Maddow told me that 24/7 negative coverage of Srumpf and progressive propaganda was bringing record ratings? D-did the tv lie to me about how popular the tv is?
>>
>>82419241
Where exactly on the internet do you get your news anon?
>>
>>82418162
But you're forgetting the real reason most of America is cutting the cord: non-stop anti-white propaganda. Turns out white people arent really into that kind of stuff.
>>
>>82419029
This just means more product plscement and more more content-as-advertisement. Advertisers are already exercising influence over adsense to indirectly control what kind of content gets paid for.
>>
>>82418162
>using Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu
>>
>>82419342
this just means you'll know which TV shows are garbage and not worth watching
>>
>>82419029
>>praise tengri

>Praying to some chink cat diety
>>
>>82419313
4chan.org/news
>>
>>82419438
No it won't, it just means adertising will be more pervasive and omnipresent.
>>
Leaked presentation from FaceBook to advertisers reveals FB has developed algorithms that can predict when a teenager is at one's most emotionally vulnerable and target him/her right at that point.

TV cannot compete with that.
>>
>>82419536
It's not hard for facebook to do that seeing how teenagers literally put every random thought that pops into their head onto facebook.
>>
>>82419536
Facebook also reports people committing thought-crimes to their oppressive governments. In 50 years, the human race will look back in disgust that our generation allowed it to happen.
>>
>>82419536
>FB has developed algorithms that can predict when a teenager is at one's most emotionally vulnerable

that's got to be the most simple algorithm ever.
>>
>>82419497
>No it won't
If a show is being ruined by pervasive advertising then watch SOMETHING ELSE

you're a real Einstein
>>
>>82419788

But that's the point, you dense faggot. Advertising is the main source of revenue for networks, if anything, this will only make them bow to their demands even more.
>>
>there was a time where ads weren't on youtube videos
>>
>>82419194
Have you received your weekly search warrant so they know you're paying the licence?
>>
>>82417248
OY VEY
>>
File: 82fb3256942b926de76c6171194328c7.jpg (338KB, 1934x1088px) Image search: [Google]
82fb3256942b926de76c6171194328c7.jpg
338KB, 1934x1088px
Maybe stop interrupting TV shows every 10 fucking minutes to show 5 minutes worth of advertisements.
>>
>>82419111
I watch a couple Youtube videos daily and the only times I've seen an ad were on someone else's computer
>>
When's the last time you saw a commercial?
>>
>>82419936
>there was a time when the internet was free of normies, social media bullshit and regurgitated "memes".
>>
>>82417980
Yep good riddance

also any cable internet or fios customers prepare for another rate increase soon
>>
>>82420329
Man those girls are really qt. I really want to fug the one on the right
>>
>>82419962
TV licence isn't a big deal anon. Stop being silly.
>>
>>82417248
it sometimes baffles me how many young people still watch television. i thought cable was alive solely because of old people. for what purpose would you watch tv these days?
>>
File: happyasuka.jpg (26KB, 593x449px) Image search: [Google]
happyasuka.jpg
26KB, 593x449px
>advertisers will cut tv
>tv will cease to exist
>reviewers will execute themselves
>>
>TV advertisements interrupt your show
>Product placement advertisements take you out of the movie/show
>Viral marketers are paid to hype up products
>Internet advertisements can give you viruses, play obnoxious noises, flash rapidly, pop-up over your browser
>Websites and browsers collect your browsing information to sell to advertising companies so they can better tailor adverts to fit you
>Majority of advertisements lie, use manipulative and deceptive practices to appeal to you
I cannot fucking stand advertisements in any way. Does that make me a pinko commie?
>>
>>82420561
lots of normies watch ESPN religiously, it is also always in the background in bars everywhere across the country. Also CNN always being on in airports.

sometimes i like to lay on the couch to play my 3ds and ill turn on the tv to whatever, usually local news or something, as background noise. I dont pay for it so whatever.

but yeah theres literally no reason to watch tv shows or movies on the actual tv anymore
>>
I was just talking to several young people and I was surprised to find out that they thought "CNN is cool" and "getting news from the internet is lame." They also said that they didn't mind a moderate amount of advertising to help pay for the great content that they watch through their local Cable TV provider.
>>
I have only one questions

When cable is completely gone, how will we receive amber alerts?
>>
>>82420693
Ah yes, of course. There will always be demand for sports, news and a talkshow with some annoyingly witty host.
>>
File: views.png (788KB, 746x1374px) Image search: [Google]
views.png
788KB, 746x1374px
>>82419326
You're putting the cart before the horse. Television shows have started abandoning white audiences because white audiences abandoned them first.

Empire is now one of the highest rated shows on television because black people will actually tune in their TV set at the appointed time while whites will steal shit off the Internet. The same goes for Scandal and How To Get Away With Murder.

Networks are discovering they don't even need white audiences anymore. MTV canceled the Beavis and Butthead continuation not because there weren't enough people watching it, but because the audience watching it was too white and too male and those aren't MTV's target demo.
>>
It isn't any wonder to me why people are ditching TV. American advertising is hilariously aggressive. Over here we have a single 5 minute advertising slot halfway through the show, and only film channels show more than 2 ads per feature, usually spaced out every 20 minutes. In the USA it's like every 5 minutes of show time is met with 5 minutes of ads.
>>
File: 1340139992625.jpg (68KB, 562x434px) Image search: [Google]
1340139992625.jpg
68KB, 562x434px
>>82420669
the hyper-consumerism that has rapidly happened in the last 20ish (moreso since 2010) years is to blame.
I hate it as much as you do anon, trust me
>>
30 minute tv show has only 20 minutes of content
rest advertisements/intro

who gives a fuck
>>
>>82420780
i get them straight to my phone, never even signed up for the alerts. Thought it was strange at first but then I just ended up ignoring it
>>
File: 4a2.jpg (38KB, 600x514px) Image search: [Google]
4a2.jpg
38KB, 600x514px
>ratings are lower than ever
>television networks are responding to this by making advertisements MORE expensive
What the fuck kind of business model is that? Why would you pay more money to reach fewer people?
>>
Commercials will find their way to streaming, just watch.
>>
Why are cordcutters such cucks?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>82420909
MTV's dedication is impressive. They actually have this guy now informing his audience of how white people were created 7,000 years ago by a black mad scientist on a mission to engineer the most evil creature in the universe.
>>
This is bad news, tv ads are going to move to on demand services, and they'll become more and more intrusive.
>>
>>82420911
A typical American show is 22 minutes long, and shown in a 30 minute period.
>>
I love my cable tv provider, especially the multiple channels of music that are provided as part of my package. Why is Cable TV such a great value compared to "cutting the cord" (which is, by the way, illegal).
>>
>>82421130
Still a lot of ads (8 minutes is over a third of the runtime). It's much more pronounced with cable shows that span up to an hour.
>>
>>82421130
>>82421175
The tradition for hour-long programs is 42 minutes of programming for 18 minutes of ads

But The Walking Dead has pioneered this new method of using a 70, 75 or during premieres/finales even a 90 minute time slot while still having 42 minutes of programming. It's ingenious.
>>
>>82419536
>if (true) {}

That wasn't so hard.
>>
>>82421209
The fun thing is with movies, and some classic television shows. They can them them up to fit more commercials in. You wouldn't notice if they sped them up by 7%, right? You want to watch that episode of Bewitched? Maybe there's 10 minutes of commercials.
>>
>>82419162
>t.newfag
Have you tried Lurking Moar
>>
I recently moved into a new house and had a few options for service providers.
I looked over some of the packages, and the price for adding even the bare minimum of tv is fucking insane. I ended up just getting internet, which was still cheap as fuck.
I don't understand how people fall for that shit and agree to get price gouged when you can literally watch anything you want, without ads, online for free.
Maby its just older people, or younger folks who aren't very internet savvy?
Makes me feel bad for them either way.
>>
>>82421209
>>82421599
Here's a 9% speed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6i1VVikRu0 [Embed]
>>
ITT Advertising fucks discussing how to squeeze more ads into shows while bemoaning that nobody watches their ads on formats invented in the 40s.
>>
>>82417248
tv is also killing youtube
>>
>>82423229
wut?
>>
>>82421001
QUARTERLY PROJECTIONS

It's a short-term fix to meet shareholder demands and does nothing to fix the problem at hand.
>>
When the fucking NFL is cutting back on ads, there's a serious problem at hand.
>>
>>82419722
No they won't. Every generation gets progressively more and more ok with this sort of thing. You really think the kids growing up with Iphones jammed up their ass are going to give a shit about privacy when they grow up?

Good joke.

>>82419536
Source?
>>
>>82419111

Really? I haven't seen any, you must be doing something wrong.
>>
>>82417248
I don't get internet ads. Whenever I see an ad, whether its in front of a video, or on the page, it always makes me LESS likely to want that product. I feel when it's online it's right in my face and getting between me and my entertainment, so why would I want to support that product?
>>
>>82419111
>He doesn't use adblock
>>
>>82421011
>Commercials will find their way to streaming, just watch.

this, people here cheering the death of traditional tv don't know what they are in for if that happens. well it will happen either way, but you can be sure if sattelite and cable tv dies, advertisers will turn their full attention to putting more ads into streaming and making life miserable for pirates etc. we have lived in a sort of golden age where other people have taken the brunt of the annoying advertisements so we don't have to, that is coming to an end.

also, you guys are really naive if you think adblock is going to last forever, i'm frankly surprised it has lasted this long. once big corporations set their sights on killing it, it shall be killed. the list of websites that wont allow it is already growing faster then i would like. I know many of you think you have been outsmarting corporations, but the reality is they just haven't bothered with reaching you that much yet, when they decide our demographic is important to reach, there's little we can do. The silver lining is torrents are likely impossible to completely kill, but prepare your anuses for it to get much more difficult, especially if you live in a first world country where the law can come after you
>>
>>82423607
Agree with this. Fucking hentai websites are already circumventing adblock by refusing you content if you don't disable it, or making it obscenely annoying to browse.
>>
>>82421011
i only use netflix, but if they ever start putting in ads i will just cancel it and download everything again. i absolutely refuse to watch anything with ads in it.
>>
>>82423447
When fucking NASCAR is cutting back on ads you have an even bigger problem
>>
>>82423900
nascar is still a thing?
>>
>>82417248
DIE DIE DIE! Good Riddance you useless Electronic Jewish annoyance.

Don't know about you OP, but here begins the age of the independent Entertainer. Less Jewish controlled media and more segmented media.
>>
>>82420909
>Television shows have started abandoning white audiences because white audiences abandoned them first.

After decades of white bashing...
>>
>>82423918
It's been declining in popularity because of stupid reformatting and favorite drivers retiring but it's still the largest spectator sport in America
>>
>>82418214
I pay like $35/month and only get internet. I don't even own a phone anymore, let along a tv used for tv programming. I haven't watched tv programming on a tv since Primestar was around.
>>
>>82419497
>>82419438
>>82419342
Watch, "POM Wonderful the Greatest Movie Ever Sold" and learn that pretty much everything you watch is an ad of some type, from political to social to business.
>>
>>82420909
>because white audiences abandoned them first

Ever thought that maybe white audiences abandoned them for a reason, you fucking retard? Hint: White bashing is not a new thing.
>>
>>82423971
You're an idiot
>>
>>82423931
>Less Jewish controlled media

yeah, like social media and neo-youtube...
>>
>>82419536
but what about people who dont use facebook
either since they never had one, or they grew up in an era where having one is 'hella lame' because their parents are on it all the time
>>
>>82419111
Technologically illiterate granny detected, I haven't seen an ad in ten years.
>>
>>82419243
Record ratings for msnbc is not that impressive of a number.
>>
>>82421887
Live sports in HD still isn't that convenient over the internet for everybody anon.
>>
>>
File: bryce dallas howard 2.webm (2MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
bryce dallas howard 2.webm
2MB, 1920x800px
>>
>>82419536
For exactly that reason TV will live on for those who try to avoid Facebook algorithm....

...just so they can walk into the trap of behavior analysis via smart TV and digital TV
>>
>>82420561
I still watch tv when I feel I have used too much internet and need to do something else

but I am not the one paying the bill
>>
>>82417248
Karma is a bitch ain't it?
>>
>>82417248
The propaganda machine of yesterday is already replaced with social engineering of the internet. The new devil is as subtle as he needs to be.
>>
File: anna sophia robb 2.webm (611KB, 518x518px) Image search: [Google]
anna sophia robb 2.webm
611KB, 518x518px
>>
>>82417248
Good. Television and film in general is fucking failing and this is what they deserve for losing to Netflix
>>
File: marvel's iron fist.png (3MB, 1712x790px) Image search: [Google]
marvel's iron fist.png
3MB, 1712x790px
Who is this tit goddess?

>dat ass on Colleen
>>
>>82417248
Okay anons, what's the unpozzed or non-agenda-driven tv/movie platform alternative to Amazon, Hulu, and Netflix?
>>
>>82417248
>tfw /tv/ gets changed to /str/ which stands for streaming and film
>>
File: harvey_weinstein.jpg (29KB, 307x409px) Image search: [Google]
harvey_weinstein.jpg
29KB, 307x409px
>Hollywood's power is waning

Do you think they know?

What's the elite's plan B?
>>
File: mila kunis trl.webm (342KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
mila kunis trl.webm
342KB, 500x374px
>>
>>82433191
Plan B:
fuk drump and fuk wypipo
You realize how much of the shitposting over the years on /b/ was actually conditioning through repetition and manufactured consensus?
>>
I can't wait for google to come with its own ad blocker. it's gonna be a clear message that people shouldn't watch commercials in their fucking internet
>>
>>82434142
No, Google will just get paid by advertisers to let "fair" ads through. Ad companies will split pay between sites, content creators, browsers, OS manufacturers, hardware manufacturers, and of course ISPs.
>>
>>82423607
>especially if you live in a first world country where the law can come after you

they tried this and it didn't work. it's impossible to penalize a working single mom because one of her three kids streamed an episode of pokemon illegally without looking like the world's biggest asshole.
>>
File: 1473865158837.gif (241KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1473865158837.gif
241KB, 300x300px
>>82425201
>>
File: 1395725635354.jpg (83KB, 770x566px) Image search: [Google]
1395725635354.jpg
83KB, 770x566px
>>82418214
>the only reason i have cable is because it was bundled with my Internet
This.
>tfw grandfathered 150 mbps and 1GB is next if they decide to phase out this one
>>
>>82417248
It's a known thing that TV is showly dying since the younger demos have practically abandoned it.

When the boomers die of old age the format will be over.
>>
>>82433113
piracy
>>
>>82417248

Wait. If ad buyers don't give TV networks money... will we still get quality shows?
>>
Only time I ever watch TV is for sports

Ads were the cancer killing tv in the first place. Hilarious that ass are now mad they killed television
>>
>>82423971
>After decades of white bashing...
>>82424439
>White bashing is not a new thing.
>>
i have not seen a single ad for months
>>
>>82434667
Platform, not methodology.
>>
>>82434995
Brought to you by Carl's jr
>>
/lit/ here. I'm gonna go read in the park. Enjoy watching ads in your den. You only live once, after all!
>>
File: carl's jr tex mex borderball.webm (3MB, 840x480px) Image search: [Google]
carl's jr tex mex borderball.webm
3MB, 840x480px
>>
>>82435809
Would not mind seeing ads like this more often to be desu
>>
>>82423931
>Electric Jew
I don't know if you have ever seen some of the recent youtube personalities but they're dumber, more biased and far more boring than any chuckle fuck on TV. These people are literally poisoning a whole generation.

Keep in mind that most "independent" """""entertainers"""""" are actually owned by Disney or other shitty corporation.
>>
>>82417980
Implying the entire entertainment industry isn't.
>>
Can someone explain to me why TV and movies are so expensive in the first place? I see some of the budgets for these amazing epics from half a century ago and the most expensive ones cost maybe $100 million in today's dollars.
>>
It must be really hard convincing an entire generation who grew up using adblockers to sit and watch ads on a static format like TV.
>>
>>82437259
it's insane how many young people don't use adblock though
>>
>>82437235
CGI is expensive. Also the advertising budget for movies has become huge.

Accountants have become better at making expenses look bigger for tax evasion.

Probably more embezzlement too.
>>
>>82437282
Don't tell them. Adblock should be a jealously guarded secret and should probably be deliberately made harder to use. The fewer normies use adblock, the less inclined the Jews will be to counteract it.
>>
>>82437428
But what is the point of CGI if it's more expensive than just using practical effects? I see massive movies like F&F7 using CGI fire effects and it looks like something from flamingtext.com 15 years ago.
>>
>>82420909
18-49 viewers is nothing some shows get thousands
>>
>>82437428
They also do it to keep from paying participations for people who ask for points on box office.

>>82437478
A lot of time it's for less work and time on days of filming. So you can smash through whatever you have to film and fix it later with your 300+ strong CGI army from around the world and pickups/reshoots. So instead of paying to have the cast and crew plus the support staff (catering, doctors, consultants, etc.), you pay the manhours of CGI artists working around the clock sitting at the computer.
>>
>>82419111
I honestly can't remember the last time I saw an ad on my computer.
>>
>>82419111

dumb frogposter
>>
Ever since it got DVR I've doubled down on Sling. Seems way more cost effective than any traditional service.
>>
>>82421071

Are yall finish or yall done m
>>
>>82437855
Bravo, this should be a Ken M comment
>>
>want to buy some shit to watch espn online via stream or some shit
>need to buy foxtel (australian version of cable) which includes install fee and bullshit other channels that I dont need
>fuck it just stream it illegally

id be more than happy to pay espn for some account thing that allows me to watch/ pre record any sport game (I only want like 3-5 sports aswell) but no I need to pay foxtell 50$ a month for 1 espn channel thats full of shit I dont want to watch and then 30 other channels of bullshit.

they bring it on themselves. if they made it simple and easy people would watch. but they make it hard and annoying so everyone fucks off.

also if anyone knows how I can watch espn live/ pre record shit thatd be great.
>>
I hate commercials, but I really love t.v--it really helps me through all of that 'paradox of choice' bullshit. It's pretty much my eternal, more expensive fireplace.
>>
>>82438444
Truth, foxtel has held people hostage for years in Australia, big surprise that Australians are the biggest torrent users around now.
>>
>>82419029
kill yourself t*rk
>>
>>82419162
thanks
>>
File: 1484431386179.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484431386179.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
W-what? So the plan of putting a black man and a white girl in every show is not working and killing TV? This must be the work of the patriarchy!
>>
>>82438444
just google: [insert league name] stream reddit
>>
ITT:
>he doesn't pirate all his shows
>>
>>82438652
thats what ive been doing for a while, but on big games/ events they get shut down or I get emails telling me to stop or im getting fined. or theyd jsut shut down the streams.

its fucked. everyone here torrents because they want to watch like 6-7 shows max including sports. but we cant do that without buying some huge fucking package deal that costs a shit load and rams fuck loads of other shit in. I fucking hate it, especially since id be willing to pay for the sports I want.
>>
>>82434721
yes, things like netflix will take over
>>
>>82438875
But Netflix is producing mostly unwatchable shit.
>>
>>82439445
say walking dead or Game of thrones went under.
netflix could start charging more money for an account and with that money they'd fund TWD or GOT (or an equivalent show)

netflix is trying, the problem theyd have would be trying to update it daily so you have a new big name tv show come out every day. give them 3 years and theyll be there
>>
>>82417248
So can we change this board to /flick/ yet?
>>
I have no sympathy for the networks. They've made TV virtually unwatchable by slamming annoying ads in every corner of it. I hope they all go broke, fuck 'em
>>
it should be /FAG/ - film actors general
>>
>>82439445
just like 99% of television?
>>
>>82435639
And luckily people will just keep writing fanfics and original fiction.
>>
File: 1434023493988.png (330KB, 764x432px) Image search: [Google]
1434023493988.png
330KB, 764x432px
>>82435639
>you only live once
>spends his time in a park
>>
>>82423730
>Fucking hentai websites are already circumventing adblock by refusing you content if you don't disable it
And there'salready software to get around those blocks.
>>
>>82423607
This.

Daily reminder that cable when it was first purposed for mass consumption was supposed to be a FREE service.

Once cable dies every single streaming site is just going to get inundated with commercials. As long as people are unwilling to work for free, ads will be around, and the less there are on cable the more there'll be online.
>>
What's hilarious is that people think that big businesses are just going to accept adblock software.

The simple fact is, adblocking stuff is made by volunteers. When you throw the weight of a massive company behind anti-adblock, the anti-anti-adblock stuff just won't be able to keep up.

People who think Youtube is just going to let you keep blocking ads forever are fucking retarded. As advertising on the platform becomes more aggressive, more people will start using adblocks, and companies will want more protection on their investment.

Or they'll just put their money into lobbying and kill net neutrality, enjoy your dialup speeds on 99% of websites unless you pay 500 bucks a month.
>>
>>82417248
Yea right, right... how come they're pulling out money from youtube in a big way?
And facebook is desperate to clean violent videos and clean up shit for advertisers?

THEY'RE PULLING OUT MONEY FROM EVERYWHERE !

They're probably looking for a new advertising scheme altogether.
>>
>>82440702
The next big break is in AR.

Imagine, billions of potential customers, seeing your ads on virtual billboards, and you only pay based on how long they're actually looking at it.

What are people going to do, walk around with their eyes closed?
>>
>>82417248
>>cut the cord
>>cable and tv is dying
>>online is the future

But I LITERALLY need Comcast or some other cable company to connect to all the "new forms of entertainment." So what's the point?
>>
>>82440849
Just buy an internet subscription and not a PACKAGE you stupid shit.
>>
>>82421887

Sports will continue to keep TV afloat until its final day. Streaming high quality live sports online is shit, the quality is never good and the sites are trash.
>>
>>82440658
Nigger adblocking has been around for ages at this point, anyone not already using it never will because they're fucking stupid and don't know how to computer. It's just like how porn sites manage to turn a profit even though there's so much fucking porn available for free on the internet you could never fap to it all before having to pay for stuff you haven't seen, yet morons still pay money to jack off.
>>
File: 1469211882180.png (107KB, 264x245px) Image search: [Google]
1469211882180.png
107KB, 264x245px
>>82420329
One of the few good things about my country is a law that forbids commercial breaks during cartoons, which includes the likes of the simpsons as well.
Althought I heard that for a famous cartoon they had the idea of cutting into two parts.
>>
>>82417248
>To make up for the shrinking audiences and keep ad sales high, TV networks have kept raising their rates, believing ad buyers will just have to spend more to reach the people they need.
Why do jews not understand basic economics?
When demand goes down, they raise prices to try and hold onto their bottom line.
When demand goes up, they raise prices to capitalize.

Can they even be self-sufficient without goyim to live off of?
>>
>>82421887
>I don't understand how people fall for that shit and agree to get price gouged when you can literally watch anything you want, without ads, online for free.

I like the hands off, pre-scheduled approach of cable. Every day the same shows are on at the same time slots and every day it will advance one episode forward in the series, I don't need to manually go through show and episode lists to swap to a different series and episode after one ends, etc. Things like that are something I like. I can't stand doing that shit.

I also find that random scheduled shows and channel surfing discovered a lot of things I enjoy, while I have never, not once, discovered a new series or movie I enjoyed through netflix. Curated systems seem to work the opposite of how they should.

I found this one plugin for Kodi once that simulated this cable like automated scheduling. It was quite nice, the only problem is that it is the slowest fucking set up in the world since you still need to lay out everything manually at the start. It took me 4 days to essentially set up a nice scheduled sci-fi channel on it, adding up to probably 10% of the shows I would have liked to have but I wasn't going to spend months getting it all going.
>>
>>82420561
Sky is expensive compared to Netflix, but alas it gets licensing deals, even from netflix itself, which means blacklist is on SKY, is all around good because I don't need the Starz channel, the HBO channel, Hulu and so on, is mostly 1 big net, is not perfect but is still a good deal.
>>
>>82440958
It's just media dinosaurs thinking they still have the monopoly on peoples' free time. 20 years ago this thinking of theirs made sense. There was nothing to challenge the dominance of TV. The internet was just a curiosity only used in certain professional circles and among nerds. But even 10 years ago they should've seen the way the wind was blowing. Now they're staring down the possibility of TV becoming totally outmoded and as irrelevant as radio in their lifetimes.
>>
>>82440849

You do realise that "cut the cord" means to end your cable tv subscription, right? It doesn't mean to literally chop your fucking coax cable in half.
>>
>>82431395
>WAAAH I can't make money from youtube anymore, the site is DEAD

Fuck those cunts. I remember when people made videos because they wanted to, not to cash in on the latest click bait garbage.
>>
>>82420909
I tried watching some episodes of that but it feels like they are all walking stereotypes.
>>
>>82423606
>using adblock in 2017
>not uBlock Origin
C'moooon.
>>
>>82441018
That was back before youtube was colonized by normalfags. It's part of the normienet now.
>>
>>82421071
>uncommon sense
blatant doublethink
>>
>>82419111
I've literally never watched a youtube ad in my life because I'm not an Internet Explorer-using Baby Boomer and have a decent adblocker installed.
>>
#1 complaint about cable by far is not being able to pick and choose individual channels so you don't pay for shit you will never watch.
Cable companies still doing their best to fight this, forcing basic channel packages and clogging up the listings with all the channels you don't own (not even allowing you to favorite the channels you pay for).

Fuck em. Reap what you sow.
>>
>>82441018
>I remember when people made videos because they wanted to

Yes, I too remember Logitech QuickCam 360p videos with unintelligible audio where people showed their dance moves.

It's time to get over your crippling self absorption and grandfather tier "Kids these days" and realise youtube content is not fucking cat videos and The History of Dance anymore. People with an income off it produce some amazing channels. There are courses for Software and Electrical Engineering that put out better info than tuition charging shit, like EEVBlog's main series.
>>
>>82440924
>It's just like how porn sites manage to turn a profit even though there's so much fucking porn available for free on the internet you could never fap to it all before having to pay for stuff you haven't seen, yet morons still pay money to jack off.
Get a load of this fucking casual who has such basic bitch tastes that the trash uploaded online is enough for him.

People who buy subscriptions to shit like BLACKED are fucking retarded, sure, but there's plenty of stuff worth paying for if you've matured past searching for "lesbian squirting vids".
>>
>>82441082
It's not cable companies, it's the networks. Cable companies would be more than happy to sell people products they'd be willing to buy, but the networks won't allow them to sell just one of their channels, they have to sell the entire package or else they get nothing. Arguments like these are why some channels sometimes get dropped from some providers.
>>
>>82440872
>>82441009

But you still have to buy those packages from the "cable companies" so it's not like they are going away, and they can still have their way anyways.

Until like every city has Google internet or something.
>>
>>82440872
>Just buy an internet subscription

But the cable companies still control that. The idea of leaving them or them being irrelevant is a ruse.
>>
File: smut drive.jpg (8KB, 273x78px) Image search: [Google]
smut drive.jpg
8KB, 273x78px
>>82441104
Hold on, I'm laughing too hard from some fucking pleb who probably streams his porn calling me a casual. Holy fuck you are dumb, I bet you don't even know how to torrent.
>>
>>82440986
You can just download all that shit for free, retard.

Sky is trash, and I can't understand why anyone would ever pay for it. As a kid, I wished I had cartoon network and Sky 1 because I didn't know how shit nu-simpsons was, but in this day and age you have to be braindead to use them.

They're overpriced, and deliver pretty poor speeds. Virgin is the best if you can get a deal, I'm paying 18 a month for 60mbps, and I know people who pay 25 for 200.
>>
>>82434334
It won't be jail time, it'll be a fine like a speeding ticket. No one feels sorry for a single mother of 3 who got sent to jail after getting 100 speeding fines.
>>
>>82441152
What's hilarious is that you think everything gets uploaded.

I bet half of that is fucking pro stuff, you child, and bragging about 800gb is just embarrassing. That's, what, 200 fucking HD movies? Twice that at 720p? You are like little baby. Come back when you have at least a 10gb NAS, and then talk to me about porn.
>>
>>82441104
>the porn connoisseur

lmao
>>
>>82437478
Remember that "the thing" remake where they made animatronics but decided to use CGI instead? The guys who made them, made a video explaining the why to this, not sure where to find it someone might know it.

But anyway there is many answers to this,
1) You can just "fix" things in post
2) You can have your PG and 17 version on the fly by just adding blood later (see Die Hard 4)
3) You can film it faster without having to reshoot if something goes bad with the props
4) Not having to change the film location
5) Not having to fiddle with lights which is a real pity
6) Easier to manage,
really lots of reasons.
>>
>>82441082

It's incredibly shitty. Here in Canada the CTRC (regulation body) tried to fight back against this package scam shit and required that there be a basic cable package that was $25 and gave pretty much the bare standard local channels and sell the rest of the channels. The problem was it wasn't specifically made to be INDIVIDUAL channels.

Rogers solution? Make the $25 basic package have practically 0 non-news content than sell channels in lumps of 3 entirely unrelated stuff to spread around the cost of your specific taste for like $7-15 each

Package A:

Science channel
Classic movies channel
24/7 infomercial channel

Package B:

Astronomy/NASA type channel
Cantonese News (seriously)
Sub-TLC tier reality shit channel

Package C:

Specialized science channel (specifically environment and nature or such)
Cooking channel
Sprots channel

So are you into Science content? WHOOPS, now you need all 3 of those packages to get the stuff you want. That will be $35 additional please.

Rogers is also the primary cable internet provider in Canada (and the only DOCSIS 3. provider) and they establish this really scummy bundling scam for it.

The cost of their internet packages are really fucking high, especially if you go above 100mbps. Once you go for their DOCSIS 1000/50 (Slow upstream) package, it's intentionally made cheaper by forcing you into a "reduced price" bundle with a premium TV package. But the cost is still a good 100% higher than an equivalent connection in most other countries.

I fucking HATE cable companies so much.
>>
>>82440781
I fear for something else, with America getting FLAT for Mobile's internet, certain electric companies like say Philips or whatever could make a deal with the internet providers so that your stuff is connected without having to ask for your data.

From consumer side it seems "wow it fixes and work by itself"
From the company side they can gather whatever info they want.
Smart TV? No, smart everything.
>>
>>82441218
>What's hilarious is that you think everything gets uploaded
Yeah pretty much. What, you're not in any private trackers? Thought not. Pleb.

Also I only save my favorite videos, I delete the ones I don't care fore. That's 800gb of favorites, out of probably 10TB+ of shit I have downloaded. I collect porn in so many different varieties and genres, you sit there trying to talk big because you stream some shitty S&M videos or something? Sad.
>>
>>82441156
>speeds
What do you mean? Maybe SKY over there is different from over here, it is not my internet provider.
>>
>>82441073
I get them on my galaxy phone, adblock doesn't catch them on the phone.
Anyone know how to block them on android?
Specifically youtube ads
>>
>>82423607
We never had full control over our TV/Cable/Satellite boxes though. They were like consoles. Our PC's are entirely under our control and whatever shitty system they try to devise to force ads on us will be circumvented. It's a battle they can't win and haven't won in years. That's the difference here.
>>
>>82438444
BT Sport went full retard recently. They had enough football on that it could be justified getting but then they went and paid a ludicrous amount for coverage of some Cricket trash and had to increased the price of the channel by like 20% to make up for it.

Cancelled that shit on the spot, fucking hate cricket and not going to pay for something I'll never watch.
>>
>>82441269
>What, you're not in any private trackers?
Holy shit, did you sign up to empornium or something, and now you're fucking bragging about it?

If you're fine with jerking off to crappy pro stuff, I'm sure you can do fine just with torrents. 10% of the shit you've downloaded goes in your favorites? Not even 1% of the stuff I watch does.
>>
Just a little note to the people saying you dont need TV and just get internet. This isnt always true because you dont always get the choice. Cable companies that still deliver signal over coax and internet via DOCsis dont allow you to just get internet because its physically impossible to cut the tv signal without cutting the internet also. Therefore they will always sell pacakges since you have to pay for basic analog signal regardless if you want it or not. With fiber to the home however its different. All the cable company has to do is tell the home central that this home is not to receive tv but only internet.

Basically if you dont have fiber access where you live you have the choice of having decent internet over coax and also pay for tv which you dont want, or cutting the cord and getting a really shitty ADSL connection. Since building new fiber infrastructure is expensive and time consuming, most people dont have a choice
>>
>>82441073
>mfw once in a while ublock craps out and you see the pure unfiltered normienet
>>
File: 1412561187197.jpg (14KB, 135x196px) Image search: [Google]
1412561187197.jpg
14KB, 135x196px
>>82441416
>>
>>82441319
Moore's law is dead. The desktop PC as a fundamental concept is quickly dying, in 20 years it'll be a barren market.

What's funny is that you think they haven't already fucked you. You've never heard of the Management Engine? You think Windows 10 is going to go away?

People can't even crack this shit for free games, you think they're going to bother just to stop ads? Everything is always connected, always updating, always being replaced by new components with better specs and more intrusive hardware additions. This isn't a battle you can win.
>>
>>82421138
How is it illegal you fucktard?
>>
>>82441199
You're comparing some dumb cunt endangering peoples' lives to some dumb cunt that was busy doing laundry or vacuuming when her 7 year old grabbed her tablet and googled "watch pokemon for free". They looked like assholes before, they'd look like assholes again.
>>
>>82441481
You can install loonix and be safe from this shit. The only problem then is intel and backdoors in their CPUs
>>
>>82441481
I use Windows 10. I don't see a single ad, ever. If they want my browsing habits and whatever the fuck else they can feel free to target the ads I'll never see to me, I guess? More intrusive stuff there are already programs to disable or delete that nonsense at will.

Free games end up cracked eventually. If you're referring to Denuvo then that too is being cracked with greater efficiency. It's a stop-gap at best, a good one, but that's all it is still.

No, it's a battle that no one can win and it will be an eternal arms race between what you describe and the incredible Autism that will dedicate itself to bypassing the bullshit.
>>
>>82417248
Cinema is also dying

Blame netflix and capeshit
>>
>>82441582
>Cinema is also dying

No, it's making more money than ever. What's dying is the profit margins because studios won't stop spending $400m on fucking marketing.
>>
>>82441481
>This isn't a battle you can win.

there will always be thousands of computer nerds who see it as a hobby to circumvent stuff like that.
>>
>>82441626
>No, it's making more money than ever.
Capeshit, fast and furious and all that crap

Real cinema is dying
>>
>>82441580
>>Free games end up cracked eventually. If you're referring to Denuvo then that too is being cracked with greater efficiency. It's a stop-gap at best, a good one, but that's all it is still.
No, I'm referring to W10 games for windows shit. Maybe it'll get cracked one day, but probably by a disgruntled employee leaking the data, given it fucking streams that shit to your PC to decode on the fly in a way that's impervious to current methods of attack.

The idea that hobbyists are going to be able to keep up with fucking spyware inside their CPUs is absolutely laughable.

What you're seeing is just the beginning of the great big lockdown of consumer hardware. Unless you happen to have access to Intel's fabrication units, you're not going to be able to make a new open computer ever again, unless you're fine running on 2009 hardware forever.
>>
>>82441407
I have internet only on coaxial but your right about the tv signal still coming in. That said I never watch it out of principle and because television is mostly garbage even when it's free.
>>
>>82441646
>look at me, I'm such a fucking intellectual, time to go jack off onto my pile of underground 70s kino
>>
>>82441481
Moore's law is still going and won't stop until sub 7nms. Also people can design their own hardware and share it with others.
>>
it's going to end up with cable providers jacking up prices for internet access, it's not like they're just going to take the loss.
>>
>>82441646
It's been dead for decades
>>
>>82420329

You can't really complain if it's free-to-air TV
>>
File: really_thinkin.png (606KB, 900x893px) Image search: [Google]
really_thinkin.png
606KB, 900x893px
>>82417248
OH BOY I SURELY CANT WAIT FOR THE CABLE JEWS TO TAKE OVER THE INTERNET JUST IN TIME FOR TRUMP TO DESTROY NET NEUTRALITY AND ALLOW THEM TO FURTHER MONOPOLIZE INDIVIDUAL SITES AS THEY PLEASE

WHAT A MAGNIFICENT COINCIDENCE
>>
>>82441841
who u quotin
>>
>>82419962
>Pay us £150 a year to hire only non-whites to star in our new propaganda
>You'll get threatening letters and visits by the police if you don't
>Not a big deal
Go to bed, Capita.
>>
>>82441098
Your videos are shit and I'm glad it won't support your NEET lifestyle any more.
>>
File: TV Detection Unit.jpg (35KB, 634x352px) Image search: [Google]
TV Detection Unit.jpg
35KB, 634x352px
>>82420506
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPasGRGTuKE
>>
>>82442729
The best way to deal with shitheads like this is just ring the police

The same with baliffs
>>
>>82441283
BSkyB bought up a couple of small internet providers in 2013 and merged and rebranded them as Sky Broadband in the UK, it's the same sort of thing that happened in Canada and the US with cable providers when they started losing money
>>
>>82442729
>guy literally has the aerial installed, just unplugged as if any idiot couldn't spot that a mile off
>has an IQ of less than most sovereign citizens
It's a load of bullshit, but he's very clearly watching live TV, which is why he refuses the searches and lets it escalate to this point.

If the house happened to have the aerials already put through the walls when he bought it, he could just go up to the attic or whatever and disconnect it.
>>
>>82443045
>he's very clearly watching live TV, which is why he refuses the searches
Things are so bad in the UK right now I honestly can't tell if you're a cuck or trolling.
>>
>>82443135
He's a normie, they all love the tellybox.

I haven't watched a TV in about a decade, but plenty of people still do. If he actually had nothing to hide, he would have just let them in for 2 minutes a year, it's hardly the end of the world to save 150 squids.

But soon the Beeb tax is going to be a computer tax, so anyone who owns a phone, or a laptop, or a PC, is theoretically capable of watching iPlayer so everyone will be forced to pay.
>>
>>82443182
>Thinks a television company has the right to invade your privacy
>Calling other people normies
>>
>>82417248
I'm pretty sure the same thing is happening not just for advertisers, but customers too.

10 years ago, the basic cable package was 19.99 where I'm at. You got like 50ish channels with all the stuff people expect.

I looked into the pricing not that long ago and it was 50 a month with about 40 channels, and a lot of them that you would expect like VH1 or MTV, you DIDN'T get, you had to pay extra for them.

So the same thing is happening there too, they're pricing themselves out of the market and hastening their own demise.

They have fewer people that buy cable so they're trying to bump up prices proportionally to keep the same profit margins.... but the opposite happens when cable costs too much to be worth it.

Particularly when anyone who's internet saavy can watch anything they want for free.... that makes the only market for cable is the 40+ demographic.
>>
>>82443223
One that's barely even a step removed from a government propaganda wing gets that right.
>>
>>82443182
>just let them in for 2 minutes a year
It's easier to put up signs and shoot them dead for trespassing.
>>
>>82443223
>>82443576
>Thinks they should have the right to steal from said 'TV company'.
>>
File: le smug replicant face.jpg (60KB, 782x788px) Image search: [Google]
le smug replicant face.jpg
60KB, 782x788px
>>82444116
>Steal
>Free to air broadcast
>>
>>82418214
Only reason I have it is because of Toonami
>>
>>82441689
Name 1 (one) game that hasn't been cracked because of Windows10 and not denuvo. Im genuinely curious
>>
>>82444116
Your assuming that the person is actually watching that garbage. If they have some equipment on site he should return it to them and tell them not to come around anymore. Otherwise they are trespassers and should be made to leave.
>>
>>82417980
And YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Facebook, etc. isn't?
>>
>>82444138
Yes anon, steal.
>>
File: liberator.png (85KB, 273x252px) Image search: [Google]
liberator.png
85KB, 273x252px
>>82444307
>Steal
>Free to air broadcast
>>
>>82444197
If your talking about that clip it was the warrant bearing police that let them come in. They didn't 'trespass'.
>>
>>82420401
You know 4chan was the birth place of memes as we know them today?
>>
>>82444335
It doesn't fucking matter if its a 'Free to air broadcast'
>>
>>82444515
Why not?
>>
>>82444631
Why do you think it does?
>>
>>82444658
It?
>>
>fast forward through commercials
>try my best not to look at them
>they're always twice as loud as the TV program so I mute the TV whenever I have to watch something live just to spite them

I honestly watch more actual ads on twitch and youtube these days and they're targeted much better. Why are advertisers so dumb?
>>
>>82444707
huh?
>>
Good. This will give me time to catch up on watching everything.
this will also bring in a new era of "e-celebs" that 4chan won't be able to come to terms with, because they'll technically just be regular celebrities but they're on the internet so they're fake
>>
>>82444722
What
>>
File: 1480297898744.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480297898744.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>>82441416
At least resolutions are getting better so the ads are smaller.
>>
>>82419111
You're comparing 15 second ads to MULTIPLE 4+ minute long commercial breaks.
>>
>>82420909
>Television shows have started abandoning white audiences because white audiences abandoned them first

it makes sense! White people are usually richer than black people and rich people are usually the first ones to abandon a dying service/tecnology and jumping to a modern one(like netflix for example).
>>
>>82444755
Why do you think 'Free to air broadcast' means it isn't stealing if you don't have a licence.
>>
>>82444171
Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, ReCore, and other assorted trash. Quantum Break is the only one that's actually been cracked, but I think there was something special about it.
>>
>>82417248
Technically it's not TV audiences declining, I watch my TV all the time, it's just smaller audiences for over-the-air & cable shows as people want to watch what they want, when they want and you can't do that by being chained to a TV show's schedule.

Basically, cord-cutting which will eventually lead to higher ISP prices, as they will cry about how customers are using "too much bandwidth" so they need to charge more etc.
>>
>>82444826
yeah it's been released on Steam
>>
>those new fangled airplanes are killing the passenger train industry, oh god the horror

Thank god, TV should have died over a decade ago, it's a miracle it's lasted so long
>>
>REEEEEE MY TWITCH STREAMS
>HOW CAN I FAP TO HER TITS IF THERES AN AD WAAAAHH

Go outside you fucking faggots jesus christ, I don't view you people highly but I thought you were better than watching fucking streams
>>
>>82444817
Does it involve depriving the owner of the service if you watch it with no license?
>>
>>82419326

No they're not. Go back to /pol/
>>
>>82419194
>the state forces him to pay for a public network he doesn't even watch most of it
>>
>>82444873
>that darn radio is ruining our youth all they want to do is sit inside and listen to bullshit
yeah, great grandpa. let's find your medicine and get you back the fuck to the home.
>>
>>82444873
>HOW CAN I FAP TO HER TITS IF THERES AN AD WAAAAHH

what
>>
>>82444922
I'm 21 you fucking idiot, you're out of touch clearly
>>
I quit watching normal television when every time I got into a show some jew network cancelled it.

I'm not paying for that shit when what I want isn't there any more or is only in a limited quantity I'll finish quickly.

So now I torrent/stream literally everything and nothing will change that, as I have literal access to everything ever fucking made instead of whatever one shitting network puts up at any given moment.

Networks want to make money? Partner with streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, AmazonPrime even; sell licenses for your content to them.

Everyone wins.
>>
tfw my boomer parents pay like $280 / month for cable + internet

you can get TV package over internet for like $35
>>
>>82445088
Isn't it crazy to think that these advertising companies are on the clock of boomers lives? Once boomers are gone, they are too - and they know it.

Imagine the timeframe of your business being based on your demographics death? Kind of morbid
>>
>>82445088
holy fuck. there's nothing on this planet worth $280 a month
>>
>>82444887
The BBC?
>>
Has anyone ever bought anything as the result of an advert?
>>
>>82445152
a roof above your thick head mate
>>
File: 1484366246058.png (260KB, 337x297px) Image search: [Google]
1484366246058.png
260KB, 337x297px
>hurrr never seen an ad in my life haha dummies

do these plebs actually watch youtube on their laptop instead of a smart TV?
>>
>>82445180
Brand recognition is a powerful thing.
>>
>>82445180
You're a fool if you think advertising hasn't worked on you.
>>
>>82444789
I still use mIRC
and Winamp
>>
>>82445221
I literally never buy branded shit though
>>
File: winamp player.png (18KB, 275x116px) Image search: [Google]
winamp player.png
18KB, 275x116px
>>82445222
winamp rules. it's unobtrusive and the hotkeys are easy
>>
>>82445221

Or autistic and will avoid things they try to push up our asses in adverts, simply out of spite.
>>
>>82445180
>>82445221
He means that nobody can sell you something you don't want. If you like, I don't know, speakers, and you see a commercial for speakers, you might be inclined to google them and see that they're shit. You might see a commercial for a movie, that kind of thing. Nobody can make you buy a hose if you don't want a hose, no matter how long it is or how far it can compact.
>>
>>82444919
Yeah. And?
>>
>>82445136
I know right Im considering opening my own morgue business. Discount for boomers and cancer patients if they buy in advance.
>>
>>82445281
I've never encountered this scenario though

I block ads and can pretty easily tell when some review site is actually an ad
>>
>>82444249
I mean, Hulu is because they still shove ads down your throat even when you're already paying them. But 8 bucks for Netflix is pretty reasonable. And with youtube, any adblocker will keep that shit away from you.
>>
>>82445180
mostly snacks and fast food

desu I wish TV could track our identity so I could get better ads about yummy food instead of a bunch of drugs I would never need
>>
File: 2017.05.06 14-34-16.png (30KB, 354x147px) Image search: [Google]
2017.05.06 14-34-16.png
30KB, 354x147px
>>82445250
Exactly, why replace shit that isn't broken?
>>
>>82445221
Yeah when i realized this i got pissed off in the middle of a matress store and just went ape shit on them

FUCK YOU FURNITURE FOR LESS!!!!!
>>
>>82445180
I caught myself in hindsight thanks to fast food adverts at 2 in the morning. Those fucking work.
>>
File: 1491213065108.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1491213065108.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>Finish binge watching some kino
>Flick on tv to see whats on while waiting on more kino to download
>Ads, ads, shit, ads

Yeah this is why they will continue to loose viewers, and putting pop up ads on during broadcasts that obscure and ruin your viewing experience will just make people leave even quicker.
>>
Cut out the middle-jew (advertisers) entirely.
>>
>>82445187
There is something sad about renting.
>>
>>82444721
Sooner or later they'll get around that, too.

Wasn't it Spotify that paused ads if you muted your computer?
>>
>>82445524
>Yeah this is why they will continue to loose viewers, and putting pop up ads on during broadcasts that obscure and ruin your viewing experience will just make people leave even quicker.
I was absolutely appalled the first time I saw this, I had no idea things were so bad in America. I wouldn't surprise me if it happens here too now but I don't watch live TV other than movies at Christmas.

I can't find a clip of it but it was Kang and Kodos from the Simpsons flying all over the screen during an episode of Fringe, totally immersion breaking.
>>
>have to pay a bunch for cable
>still make you watch ads

what a scam

netflix is the future
>>
>>82445664
It's only a matter of time before the get ads
>>
>>82445624
>Wasn't it Spotify that paused ads if you muted your computer?
Yeah, the pause and sound control buttons also have a delayed effect when used during adverts.

They have a great selection which I would have been happy to pay for full access to, but that would give tacit approval to those methods.
>>
>switched the GNU/Linux years ago
>found out that microshit is putting ads in the file explorer of windows 10
>>
>>82445682
1 minute after cable dies.
>>
I don't know why people hate cables and people around me cut their cables

I still find it quite important. I can only watch things from internet for a time span much shorter than watching TV
>>
>>82445683
I wonder when the greedy kikes will realize the success of the App Store/iTunes Music Store applies to television just as well:

Sell people precisely what they want, no more and no less, for relatively inexpensive prices and the sheer volume of sales will make up for any lost revenue for other reasons. A satisfied customer is a return customer.
>>
>>82445732
Your like a dodo bird.
>>
>>82445732
me? personally? I watch people play video and card games for hours and don't get board

you can still buy an internet TV package cheaper than cable btw
>>
>>82440924
The porn industry actually operates very similarly to television
Very few (like an uber minority) people pay for subscriptions. The big companies all license out clips from their films after 6 months or so to certain websites (porntube, 4tube, pornhub etc) and, in return, get a cut of the advertising revenue
>>
>>82445870
Y-you mean me and my kind will extinct if we keep paying the cable bill?

That's actually a major fear of mine

What am I going to do with my CRT tv...its still good...
>>
>>82417248
Sports are the only thing people watch on tv nowadays and even ESPN is losing money. Shit is fucked.
>>
I use the shit out of my DVR. with the Hoppers 30 second commercial skip feature the only live tv I watch is the local news. if there isn't anything recorded I want to watch and something comes up on the tv I want to watch I just hit pause and go do something else for a little bit. then I can skip through the commercials when I come back to it.
>>
>>82421910
The nose pick episode
>>
>>82445250
>Chinese Freestyle form CKY2K

Thanks for the good laugh I forgot about that.
>>
>>82446302
ESPN barely shows sports, anymore. The majority of the time is Sportscenter -- also, ESPN costs a shitload for providers to... well, provide.
>>
File: 1421266479903.jpg (101KB, 520x750px) Image search: [Google]
1421266479903.jpg
101KB, 520x750px
>>82418162
>It's why they want net neutrality
net neutrality was some real bullshit. FCC making a fucking power grab over a non-issue.

thank god the new FCC chairman isn't a mendacious cocksucker and is only in it to reign in his deplorable agency.
>>
>>82437235
Sometimes it is who they are. Take a look at some of the episodes of Terra Nova. It was the time traveling pioneer mystery show with dinosaurs at $4 million per episode. I think only half the episodes had any dinosaurs. One started off with them reeling in huge prehistoric fish with effects so bad, you would think some teen did it on his home computer.

https://www.marketplace.org/2014/12/11/business/10-most-expensive-tv-shows-ever-made

Steven Spielberg was the producer. I imagine that he took half the money right off the top.
>>
>>82446834
And ESPN is Disney's main source of income. If ESPN falls, Disney will fall too.
>>
I don't even have a TV. Last time I had one was in 2006. Seriously, fuck TV, it's absolute garbage. All that needs to happen to make it completely and totally obsolete is something equivalent to Twitch streaming specifically for sports channels. Whoever manages to get that site off the ground is going to be rolling in money.
>>
The surest sign TV is dead is those cocksucking Jews at HBO finally allowing (paid) streaming-only access to their content without a tv sub

For the longest time you HAD to have HBO through a cable provider to watch HBO online, this is no longer the case

all the major networks are preparing to jump ship.
>>
Did they ever make another Flo commercial after Sea Hag?
>>
>>82445088
You forgot the extra $70/month for the landline they only use a few times a year
>>
>>82445180
No, but it made me more aware of products so that when I was in the mood for buying something, it came to mind. Anyone who says that advertising has no effect on them is completely delusional or a hermit living off the land; everyone thinks that about themselves yet it's a billion dollar industry.
>>
>>82447905
advertising can't affect you in your house if you use an adblocker and turn off the television

they try to give me that shit thru the mailbox and it goes right into the bin
>>
oh em gee, Simpsons were right.
>Just don't look.
>>
>>82441407
They just won't give you the box coded to receive the TV signal.
>>
>>82445180
No. In fact if I see the same advertisement enough I start to hate the product and the company that sells it.
>>
>>82445352
how can an adblocker get rid of the stupid commercials before the video starts?
>>
>>82445200
>not wirelessly connecting your laptop to your smart tv
>>
>>82442318
oh no, not threatening letters to "the occupant"

and no, police only come if you have already been convicted and have refused to pay your fine so the bailiffs come to seize goods
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.