[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

What went so wrong?
>>
>>82412910
your birth
>>
>>82412910
What went right? I was a teenager and those movies were still mindless bullshit.
>>
Nothing. It was pure auteurism.
>>
>>82412980
i kinda dig p.w.a but the last film was really fuckin hard to watch. waaay too many quick cuts and shakey cam, was a bit of a mess desu
>>
>>82412910
nothing. it'S pretty good
>>
>>82412933
haha it's YOU'RE idiot!
>>
File: this is probably you.webm (860KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
this is probably you.webm
860KB, 1280x536px
>>82413048
>>
>>82412910
>What went so wrong?
>>82413048
>waaay too many quick cuts and shakey cam, was a bit of a mess desu

/thread
>>
it's like one of those direct to dvd post apoc flicks
>>
>>82413048
It wasn't as fun as Apocalypse.

Killing Ada, Leon, Claire and Chris offscreen was dumb as shit too.
>>
>>82412910
It was an average hot chick with gun shoot-em up turned into a legitimate 1/10 trash heap by some of the worst editing ever put out in wide distribution by a major studio.
>>
The editing is insufferable and actually gave me a headache. I've never seen Action being edited so poorly. The quickcuts are INSANE.
>>
>>82413279

LOOK AT IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKTzA3GRMLo&feature=youtu.be
>>
why did wesker had to go like such a little bich?
>>
It's officially licensed fanfic. Though, I'm not sure if calling it a "fan fiction" is a good descriptor, because it's clear that Paul WS Anderson didn't give a shit about the games, aside from the designs. He just copy/pasted those characters and creatures into some generic action/sci-fi/post-apocalyptic schlock as a vanity vehicle for his wife. It's Sherry Moon Zombie syndrome.
>>
>>82413232
This pissed me off so much. Like what was the fucking point of introducing those characters to begin with.
>>
>>82413141
pleb
>>
>>82413279
yeah the editing was an abomination. fuck knows what he was thinking going in that direction. probably would have enjoyed it if it wasn't so seizure inducing
>>
You fags know nothing about edditing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUjPz7BKjlM
>>
>>82413232
>>82413539

More like, what was the fucking point of the entirety of Part 5? The entire movie was shit and the only redemption it had was bringing together all the characters.

Then they all got killed off screen and the entire white house battle that was teased happened off screen too.

5 is a completely worthless movie and it's not even fun.
>>
>>82413609
>on no, so many moving pictures
>>
File: dog pasta.jpg (19KB, 245x229px) Image search: [Google]
dog pasta.jpg
19KB, 245x229px
>lackey from the third movie is the final boss
>wesker is the real lackey gets defeated by a door
wat
>>
>>82412910
Paul Worthless Shit Anderson
>>
>>82412910
>those misleading edited boobs on the poster
>>
Why claire? also who are the other literally who?
I forgot about the main bad guy from umbrella was he in another movie or something?
>>
>>82414372
>Why claire?
Cheapest cast member to use
>also who are the other literally who?
Nobodies who somehow wanted to, and managed to, survive in the zombie epicenter where a nuke went off
>I forgot about the main bad guy from umbrella
Literally who? Side villain from 3
>>
>>82413232
Apocalypse is the worst one, m8.
>>
>>82413422
No, he used the video game elements to create experimental art films that happen to have mainstream appeal. Only anti-art /v/edditors wil get mad about "not muh viddy gaymes". Grow up, learn to appreciate film.
>>
>>82412910
>>82413305
ZOMBIEKINO
>>
>>82412910
This series was a huge letdown. Even the teen reading level RE books did a better job adapting the game to other media. Choosing to stray from the source so much to appeal to wider Hollywood marketing factors was a mistake...
>>
>>82413048
/this

they turned into a shitty horror film from the 80's
>>
>>82412910
>one person died and another person lost their fucking arm making this shit heap hollywood garbage just so one guy can give his talent-less wife work..

Thanks, Paul.
>>
>>82412910
Literally nothing. A great, fun to watch action/horror zombie movie. People whining about """""continuity errors" are faggots. It's like hating Van Damn's films because it's not realistic or whatever. I really hate the new film audience, the Rotten Tomatoes audience, the audience who read or heard some new words from """""critics""""" and would just vomit them on every movie they were told they're not suppose to like so they could look like """""film buffs""""". "the editing was bad, the writing was bad, the directing was bad... oh.... the... action...ah... was bad... what else?" This"ralphthemoviemaker" audience. Fuck you. Resident Evil is fantastic for what it is. The Final Chapter had a great post-apocalyptic tone/feel, a great female protagonist that wasn't "oh muh feminism" and it was totally enjoyable. So many cuts? bad CGI? what the fuck are complaining about? it's not The Revenant, and that style is IN EVERY MOVIE, it was in shit like Civil War yet people ate it up. Please, try to have your own opinion, try to enjoy these flicks, and look at every movie the way it want to be looked at.
>>
>>82412910
Nothing it was excellent.

The ending as she blacked out was fucking kino and then they ruined it with a continuation into a happy ending and then immediately saved the day with the:

>How am I still alive
>I don't know.

Complete explanation dodge. I genuinely roared with laughter. Would watch again.
>>
>>82412910
>it didn't promise what was gonna happen in the earlier film
>no alice and friends + wesker team up
>unnesecary retcons
>bad fight scenes with tons of cuts
>no jill
>wesker is reduced to tertiary villain after 2 behind two iain glenn characters
>alice retcon
>>
>>82413763
>the entire white house battle that was teased happened off screen too.
other than the first one these movies never deliver on their sequel hooks
>tease Alice waking up hundreds of clones to fuck Umbrella's shit up
>next movie she took barely a dozen to the raid
>>
I tried watching all the movies. Couldnt make it to the third one.

They're just shit tier. If they would have followed the games more closely it would have been great. Instead they went with some karate super hero bitch.
>>
>>82413305
>that noise at 0:22
what did he mean by this
>>
>>82415424
>experimental art films that happen to have mainstream appeal.
come on now.
>>
>>82418085
>muh vidya gaems
fuck off, child.
>>
>>82418325
>implying only kids play video games

Eat shit and die faggot. Resident Evil came from video games.
>>
>>82412910
>talking shit bout big money mila
>>
>>82412965
no, you was mindless bullshit
>>
File: Anderson ultimate Brain.png (743KB, 854x922px) Image search: [Google]
Anderson ultimate Brain.png
743KB, 854x922px
>>82412910
>wrong
You
>>
>>82413305
>people think this is bad
How's it feel not being Attention Deficit Master Race
>>
>>82412910

Nothing. I un-ironically enjoyed every single one of these silly little movies.
>>
>>82412910
Storyline is fucked pretending like Resident Evil Apocalypse never happened, shaky cam bad angles Albert Wesker survived from multiple gunshot wounds and a bomb but dies from a door the list goes on
>>
File: 99857_front.jpg (111KB, 432x500px) Image search: [Google]
99857_front.jpg
111KB, 432x500px
>>82412910
you watched the wrong movies
>>
>>82417209
>"""""
fuck you
>>
>>82420096
I have ADHD and I really hate fast cuts. You don't have time to absorb what's actually happening. Longer shots are much easier to absorb because you have more time to look at it without being distracted. At least that's how it is in my case.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.