[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which director is the most respected in the street?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1396783942277.png (1MB, 672x818px) Image search: [Google]
1396783942277.png
1MB, 672x818px
Which director is the most respected in the street?
>>
George

James will never be as loved as George.
>>
>>82412034
>bottom frame
how were they not freezing their fucking balls off
>>
>>82412034
while I don't really care for James Cameron's movies he is a great technical director
>>
>>82412376
why would you think they aren't?
>>
>>82412376

Because they aren't in the artic, that is a set
>>
>James will never be as loved as George.
George wasn't particularly popular with his crew either.
The OT cast often made jokes at his expense and Harrison talked about how George was a bit derisive with actors and didn't care too much for the story and drama components of directing. This is why Empire was the best movie, because Kershner at least respected his actors and trusted their input and wisdom with certain scenes.

With the prequels, just watch the behind-the-scenes footage. Pretty much everyone was terrified of Lucas and they refused to even criticize him, and it wasn't out of affection. Lucas brought people to heel with fear and intimidation rather than respect. In that sense, he's like Steve Jobs.

James Cameron might be an obsessive asshole, but he is better at creating rapport with certain stars like Weaver and Schwarzenegger.
>>
>>82412543
David Lynch mentioned that George didn't enjoy directing films at all. He wanted Lynch to direct Jedi, and when Lynch advised him to- because it was his film- he passed it off anyway.
>>
>>82412376
because the water is warmed up to 80+ degrees and it was probably shot at a studio in sunny southern california
>>
>>82412631
>I have no idea what im talking about: the post
The set was in Mexico. It was a fuck huge pool.
Do you have any idea how much energy it takes to heat something that size to 80+.
Cameron is wearing a wet suit, and principal actors were probably only in the water for minutes at a time.
>>
>>82412099
>James will never be as loved as George.
george must be the most hated director in the history of cinema. people love star wars. quite a difference.
>>
>>82412705
>The set was in Mexico. It was a fuck huge pool.
and that's supposed to make it colder? Southern California is pretty much Mexico. The pool doesn't look that big considering you can see the backdrop.

also
>IMDB filming locations
>Belmont Olympic Pool - 4000 E. Olympic Plaza, Long Beach, California, USA
go eat a dick
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.