[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Near Dark the best vampire film?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Is Near Dark the best vampire film?
>>
FRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGHTTTTT NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHHHHHHHT
>>
What happened to vampire movies? Did it die because of Twilight? Now it's all zombies and it's getting pretty boring.
>>
>>82408055
Zombies are an expression of this decadent generations misanthropy. It plays into the fantasy of both being alone and justifiably killing others.
>>
Yes.

/thread
>>
It's great, but I prefer Dracula's Daughter.

The Hunger is pretty good too. And Byzantium.
>>
>>82408077
Zombies aren't scary anymore. They're just action sequences plot points.

The last good zombie movie to combine action and horror was the Dawn remake.
>>
Lots of good 80s vampire movies

Near Dark
Fright Night
The Lost Boys
The Hunger
>>
>>82408108
Jesus fuck so much fucking zombie movies and games. What scary beast out there can beat the zombie drama since vampire is overtaken by it.
>>
>>82408083

>Byzantium

What a shit shlock that was.

>there's a brotherhood of noble men
>but then a whore gets in the way and gets turned into a vampire
>they let her live anyway even though it goes against their code
>she then breaks their code again because she's a cunt

Truly, women ruin everything.
>>
>>82408169
Genre* fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>82408108
>>82408169
Part of me suspects its a budget thing. Zombies scenes only really need a bunch of extras, and people will do it for free. Contrast that with a monster, which either needs an actor in a suit, or cgi. The makeup isn't that complex unless its a really unique zombie, and for video games all you have to do is model a person. It might be a scam out of cheapness.
>>
File: from-dusk-till-dawn-03[1].png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
from-dusk-till-dawn-03[1].png
1MB, 1280x720px
Forgetting something?
>>
>>82408055
>Did it die because of Twilight?

Yes. The "beautiful monster" aspect was already there, but they have to actually still be a monster. The horrific still has to be present. Once you throw out that aspect, you don't actually have a vampire anymore so why bother?
>>
>>82408211

>have a foot fetish
>create a scene where you suck salma hayeks toes
>get away with it
>>
>>82408263
The madman. I don't even have a foot fetish and I'd suck those toes until my face was numb.
>>
>>82408204
Pretty much.

>>82408211
Good flick.

Daughter of Darkness (Stuart Gordon tv movie) is cheap, but very interesting. The vamps have tongues that split it two and a small tentacle with a ring of tiny teeth comes out. It's with prime Mia Sara and Norman Bates himself.

The Foresaken is average, but it's got that Near Dark vibe to it.

Fright Night 2 is pretty good (the 80s one, not the new one).

Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural is Kino.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51xR-FG8QCg
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.