[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

METROID Directed by Ridley Scott, Duncan Jones, or Doug Liman.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Metroid-3.jpg (480KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid-3.jpg
480KB, 1920x1080px
METROID

Directed by Ridley Scott, Duncan Jones, or Doug Liman.

Starring Natalie Dormer as Samus Aran.

How would this not be one of the greatest movies ever?
>>
File: 1479931011806.jpg (25KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1479931011806.jpg
25KB, 680x383px
>>82407703
>pancake tits in the zero suit

Dormer is a ngiger-tier waifu
>>
>>82407703
We should let James Gunn direct.

Metroid needs to be full of quips because that's what reddit.........I mean /tv/ enjoys
>>
>>82407703
What the fuck would the movie even be about? Just two hours of Dormer in a CGI suit killing shit?
>>
>>82407738
I'd love to know who you think would be superior.
>>
What about Metoid games would work well as a movie? The best Metroid games are mostly about running around caves with a lot of backtracking and collecting missiles
>>
>>82407770
>>82407790
It has the potential to be a sci-fi epic. That's far more story potential than the vast majority of vidya they've already tried making into movies. Just get the right director and they'll hire the best screenwriter who will use the games as a template. Shit practically writes itself from that point.
>>
>>82407703
I'd let Del Taco direct it
And have Samus be played a blonde Kate Beckinsale or Biel
However, you just know they will cast Scarlett Johansson or Chloe Moretz or something
>>
>>82407863
>Shit practically writes itself from that point
Yeah? Why don't you give me some examples, cause I'm not seeing it.
>>
>>82407863
The games that attempted to have more of a narrative sucked. If the narrative can't work in a video game it ain't gonna translate to the big screen, were the scrutiny is even higher.
>>
>>82407883
I'm not that great a screenwriter to provide specifics but there's tons of story potential for an ass-kicking space bounty hunter.
>>82407915
If Metroid can't be made into a movie, no vidya can.
>>
>>82407863
Saying something has potential 4 slightly different ways isn't the same as explaining it. It could be argued the most story driven Metroid games were Other M and Fusion which would probably be on the worse side of Metroid games (particularly Other M)
>>
>>82407966
>I'm not that great a screenwriter to provide specifics but there's tons of story potential for an ass-kicking space bounty hunter.
What is this "potential" you speak of though? The charm of the Metroid games is that you're a person dropped off in a hostile alien world that you must explore and defeat through the collection of different items and skill. Samus herself has little to no character and doesn't interact with other people and she doesn't need to, because the games are purely about gameplay and exploration: How do you adapt THAT into a movie?

The clear answer is to stray from what made Metroid *Metroid* and start adding a bunch of stuff in an attempt to make it work on the big screen, at which point I'd rather see and original idea than the butchering of an established one for the sake of adapting it.
>>
What if we went so far off the deep end and did something like that Robert Redford movie where he was alone on a boat with no dialog for the entire movie?

Just Samus hunting space pirates and trying to do whatever she does with Metroids.
>>
>>82407703
ONE RULE.
ONE FUCKING UNBREAKABLE RULE.
SAMUS CAN'T TALK.
No matter what happens in the movie, Samus does not utter one line. Everything in the story is explained without dialog. A silent protagonist needs to stay a silent protagonist.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.