[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Low-Budget Action

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_7566.jpg (3MB, 2827x1842px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7566.jpg
3MB, 2827x1842px
I want to be an action filmmaker. It seems like a genre that'd be fun as hell to work in and one that I've learned a lot from.

Thing is, I have little to no budget and at the moment I really just want to cut my teeth on short films. Are there any essential low/no-budget short action kinos that I could use as inspiration?

Also, feel free to just share any short action scenes you think are cool.
>>
>>82402546
Johnnie to? Haywire?
>>
>>82402546
Escape From New York had a budget of 6 million in 1981
>>
>>82402546
El Mariachi, for one. Totally low-budget, and quite watchable, at parts.
>>
Hell comes to Frogtown, not really action though
>>
>>82402674
Is that a fact?

I love the movie but it's a lot less heavy on action than one might expect.

>>82402659
I'll check To's films out, and Haywire i've been meaning to see for a while.

>>82402767
$7,000 US at the time of shooting, iirc. Shining example of low-budget action, it's why I used it as the OP.

>>82402839
Sounds silly, I'm interested.
>>
Also the sequel to El Mariachi...

Desperado (7 million)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQE9eEmu1b4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4_2zxaZnRU
>>
>>82402546
All of the low-budget go-tos like El Mariachi etc are just fucking really god damned terrible.

You live in the age of crowdfunding. If you have a genuinely good concept you don't have to make a $7000 movie.
>>
>>82403228
Hard Boiled (1992) too
>>
>>82403260
>You live in the age of crowdfunding. If you have a genuinely good concept you don't have to make a $7000 movie.
That's true but at the same time part of me romanticizes 90's-style indie filmmakers, I hear all these stories about people starting with nothing and spinning gold out of straw (Tarantino, Rodriguez, Kevin Smith even though he's a fucking hack) and I think "That's the kind of shit I want to do".

>>82403228
His 10-minute film schools are fucking fantastic. I actually took a little inspiration from his video storyboarding idea when I went looking at a convenience store for a one-page script I wanted to do (pic related, I ran it through a Prisma filter so I could better think of it as a Storyboard).

>>82403286
John Woo is the real nigga. I've a huge respect for gun-fu and The Killer is one of my favorites.
>>
File: IMG_7569.jpg (221KB, 750x733px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7569.jpg
221KB, 750x733px
>>82403693
Forgot pic. Posted it here before, the /fmg/ threads that were popular at the time got in a huge debate over whether or not this counted as storyboarding.
>>
Mad Max had fuck all money in it (extras were paid in beer) but it's a very good first movie
>>
>>82403787
Yeah, from what I heard the outfits were bought from an S&M club that was going out of business.

I never watched the first all the way, but I'll give it a run.
>>
File: IMG_2365.png (4MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2365.png
4MB, 1242x2208px
>>82402546
https://youtu.be/LuKNtL5B3xM
I just recently made this for school, I won a $300 gift card to a photo/recording/camcorder site
B&H because that was the prize for the 48 hour film contest
>>
>>82404089
DRIVEANON BB YOU FUCKIN' DID IT

And it's pretty good, too. I'm glad you got that shit made, it's impressive. Couldn't see a lot of it because Shaky Cam but for 48 hours you did pretty damned good.
>>
File: IMG_2299.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2299.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>>82404525
I actually had less, that whole thing was filmed and edited by my girlfriend and I from around 10pm-7am roughly the next day. I appreciate it dude, but the speeding up was just the character running away, and it was shaky because first person view. Thanks again so much I had to make a makeshift camera stabilizer too lol
>>
>>82404622
I feel it. It reminded me a little of this one that I did a couple years ago. Had to write and shoot it in 2 hours because I was a lazy fuck and didn't know how to plan a one-take.

https://youtu.be/Y3rZJYEz7Rg
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.