[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will Superhero movies start to die off? You would think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 7

When will Superhero movies start to die off?
You would think people will be burnt out by now.
>>
They will never die off.
>>
>>82400612
Around 2022
>>
Wait till they start to retire the main casts and people will slowly fade from interest

Mind you this is after 3 new iron man movies without rdj
>>
>>82400612
DC superheroes are American myths akin to Greek myths like Hercules or Achilles. They aren't going anywhere.

They've been around longer than any poster on /tv/.
>>
>>82400612
Yeah, I mean who likes comics anyway, right? Should be soon.
>>
>>82400626

this guy gets it
>>
I wouldn't mind Superhero movies if they made them have more of a original style and vision. The MCU is so bland and soulless. We need more SH movies like Logan or the Dark Knight.
>>
superhero universe were a mistake
>>
File: AllOfThisHasHappenedBefore.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
AllOfThisHasHappenedBefore.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
Considering the target demographic is auto-regenerated by the constant stream of people fucking and having kids...never.

The people who get tired of it watch something else, a new generation of jr high kids come about, the cycle is reborn.

But clearly my generations superhero movies were quality and yours are shit.
>>
>>82400612
When the generation that grew up with super heroes stops being the main spenders in the entertainment market?
>>
>>82400827
So.....literally every generation since 1939?

There is no generation that grows up without superheroes since the Great Depression.
>>
>>82400612

I was burnt out after the first Avengers movie. They're almost always entertaining, but so what? It's disposable enertainment, meant to be consumed and quickly forgotten for the next one. Few superhero experiences stay with me or provoke any meaningful thought.
>>
>>82400869
>blade 1 & 2
>the dark knight
>unbreakable
>tim burton's batman
>raimi's spiderman
>watchmen
>punisher war zone

all kino
>>
File: Ir905bR.gif (595KB, 460x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ir905bR.gif
595KB, 460x600px
>>82400869
>Few superhero experiences stay with me or provoke any meaningful thought.
>>
>>82401055
>good stories that stay with you are for autistic losers

If that's true than i'm autistic as fuck.
>>
>>82400612
After Wonder Woman flops, and people realize that Infinity War is the same old mediocre shit.
>>
>>82401124
Even if it flops it will still get high praise just like the Ghostbusters reboot.
>>
>>82400612
I hope they die off soon. The fatigue is taking a while to set in, if it's even happening at all
>>
Superheroes are a concept not a genre
>>
>>82401010
>Watchmen is kino
>Punisher War Zone is kino

Just stop
>>
There are too many quirky, comedy adventure superhero movies.

Need more horror and thriller superheroes movies.
>>
>>82401055
>What's to be challenged and motivated to think and desires profound themes from the entertainment he watches
>LOL NECKBEARD ALERT
>>
>>82401200
Blame Del Toro. He was suppose to make creepy kino with Justice League Dark but he backs out of every project he starts.
>>
>>82401191
>watchmen and war zone
>not kino

wew
>>
>>82401149
It's gonna be interesting.
I feel like we'll be hearing a lot of bitching about sexism after the release, depending in the outcome.
>>
>>82400612
Hollywood (or at least Disney) can simulate the vast majority of hype surrounding capeshit, and they buy the optimal times to air the flicks in theater. Basically, most of people will continue seeing them simply because there's nothing else to see, and its been marketed so hard up their asses that they can't see anything else. You won't start to see cape die out until the real audience has shrunk to around 10-15% of what it is now.
>>
They'll fade after this 3 phase arc with Thanos is over. People have been waiting for it and now that it's so close they aren't just going to tune out now.

Like someone else said, after Thanos, the original Avengers will slowly be replaced by less interesting characters and it will fade.
>>
>>82400718
I read comic books and visit the comic store every week to get the new releases :(
>>
>>82401272
Their is no "real audience" mate. When you get bored of superhero movies a whole new generation of 13 year olds will be getting into them. People need to stop treating superheroes like a fad. They've been around longer than most people have been alive. In 20 years there will be virtually no people alive older than Batman and Superman.
>>
>>82400612
I got sick of Marvel movies
After Ant man it was so trash

I felt like I was scammed when I watched deadpool
>>
>>82400612
How long did Westerns last?
How long did 80s pew pew action movies last?
How long did slasher movies last?
No really, I'm asking.
>>
>>82400612

When we have real life heroes worth looking up to. We live in an age where cops, politicians, and rich people are viewed as the enemy of the common man
>>
>>82401376
>How long did 80s pew pew action movies last?
Not long enough, anon. Not long enough.
>>
>>82401376
10 years and this >>82401407
>>
>>82400612
All your low IQ people could watch that shit everyday.

beaners and niggers etc etc.

Its like a hamster discovering its hamster wheel every 5 minutes.
>>
>>82401494
I love how you said: beaners and niggers but no american people, are you this naive?
>>
>>82401376
>>82401407
Westerns are still alive. See Jango. I mean, superhero genre will never die. There is tons of exploitable stories.
>>
>>82401683
>superhero genre will never die
This kills the /tv/
>>
>>82401593
beaners and niggers are all over the US. Are you this daft?
>>
When being a nerd stops being cool.

I'm 29 and when I was a teenager being into this shit (including fantasy) was still a loser thing, now you're a loser if you're not saying how cool GoT or Marvel shitiverse is.
>>
>>82401683
But that's like saying WWII propaganda films are still alive because of Inglorious Bastards.
>>
>>82401731
Hacksaw Ridge? Fury? Allied?
>>
>>82401707
>changing the subject

are you this retarded?
>>
>>82401767
Those are good points.
>>
>>82401767
If superhero movies came out at the pace of WW2 movies, it wouldn't be half bad
>>
>>82401781
the fuck? how am I changing the subject? are you retarded?
>>
>>82401709
Yet Raimi Spider-Man, Burton Batman, Donner Superman and X-Men made bank and were hits with the general audience before the "being a nerd is cool" phase started amongst people
>>
>>82401853
>how am I changing the subject?

you answer my question already
>>
>>82401881
and you answered mine.

Yes, you are retarded.
>>
>>82401943
Actually you're the retard, white marvel/dc autist are super prevalent online. Go to the movies and it's a sea of white fat/young geeky kids at the premier. Yet you're trying to blame colored people? Sure is /pol/
>>
>>82402350
oh yeah? do they all announce they're white while they post online?

Sea of white people you say? not in my area. pick and choose any theater and its mostly all spics.

So no, my point isnt retarded at all, spic (or nig?).
>>
>>82402350
Shutup nigger
>>
>>82402440
so you have a problem with spics because they bully you?
>>
i don't get how can people enjoy MCU and DC garbage.

Logan, Sam Raimi Spider Man, Lee Hulk, Nolan's Batman are pretty good.

The rest is garbage
>>
>>82402490
Where did you get that from?
>>
>>82402537
from your facebook
>>
>>82402440
Not just on 4chan retard. Other sites have images of posters. Fuck even on 4chan /co/ is fairly white.

You seem a little angry there. It's not entire races fault that you suck at life.
>>
>>82402537
>>82402584
Get a room already it's obvious you both are faggots why fight it?
>>
>>82400612
>super hero comics have survived the last 50 decades by simply rehashing the same stories over and over again.
You underestimate the power of autism, my friend.
>>
>>82402669
>obviously butthurt
>No you're the faggots

All because we don't agree with your retarded and clearly skewed opinions.
>>
>>82402669
how this make me a faggot? go back to redd1t and try not to get bullied this time
>>
>>82400612
By the time they die out, kids who watched them will be adults and Hollywood will start doing remakes for the nostalgia bucks
>>
There'd have to be a string of continuous disasters first?

Maybe two years of nothing but bad releases from all companies.
>>
>>82402944
Before iron man and Batman begins the genre was close to dead.

Spiderman 3, Xmen 3 was shit, so was wolverine origins, Catwoman, Elektra, superman returns was not well received. So it was close to dying.
A bunch of projects got cancelled, which gave marvel the balls to do iron man to try and save their company.
>>
>>82400612

when there's a complete lack of servicable plots to ape from comics; at least with the marvel movies they've done everything with the x-men and spider-man and you see those franchises dying down.
>>
>>82401407
Big event films like Jurassic Park and Titanic stole their thunder?

Remember the trend of disaster films in the nineties like Armageddon and Volcano?
>>
>>82403178
>thinking we have run out of x men movie plots

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

They haven't even got around to introducing characters like Mr Sinister or Gambit properly yet
>>
>>82403136
It was the Schumacher Batman films that nearly killed the genre

The Catwoman and Elektra films are the only bombs on this list

Even Superman Returns made nearly twice its budget back and probably turned a profit with the amount of merchandise it had circulating around
>>
>>82403136
Begins came out before Spider-Man 3 or X-Men 3. And Iron Man was a year after Spider-Man 3. Nigga what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>82401338
I'm surprised we haven't got to the point where lesser known superheroes like Spawn or the Mask havent been given reboots
>>
>>82400612
>>82400626
>>82404147
>>82403823
People don't get burned out of genres that's not how it works. People who are tired of capeshit already don't watch it. The reason why these keep getting made is because it already has a large following of neck beards who have been reading comics all their life and never get burned out. This isn't like westerns or disaster movies where "people got burned out". This is a pre established genre with a fan base that will no sooner stop watching capeshit than quick going to comic cons and eating microwaveable meals
>>
>>82404240
>the 100k that read comics on a good day are the reason millions are watching Batman movies
Think for a second you idiot. These movies aren't making bank because comic nerds are watching it. They're making bank because they're aimed at a general audience. Why the fuck can no one on /tv/ understand that?
>>
>>82400612
when people above 20 will realize it's not for them but for children
>>
>>82400662
Rather comic movies than 007
>>
>>82401222
You're the retard who claimed they're always entertaining. Dunno what you're bitching about. I find these movies plain boring.
>>
>>82400612
When Zack Snyder legacy will die. So never.
>>
>>82404240

>The reason why these keep getting made is because it already has a large following of neck beards who have been reading comics all their life and never get burned out.

Are you dumb ? There's not enough comic book neck beards to finance even one of these big ass productions, the thing is super heroes are 'cool' at the moment, which is why people who never read comic books suddenly rush to conventions, but these people will leave once the next 'cool' thing comes around.

I mean seriously, the comic book companies aren't even doing great with all this extra exposure brought on by capeshit being everywhere, that ought to tell you something about how many actually read comics.
>>
>every superhero in OP's pic is current-year actor except Batfleck
>>
>>82404240
>>82405770
I don't know a single grown adult in person that watches this shit. Most of us don't even go to the theater because nothing but garbage plays and everybody talks and uses their phones.

It must be the comic geeks watching this bullshit. The geeks that give Nerdist millions of views and the geeks that play video games
>>
>>82405795
And Garfield
>>
The millions of geek in youtube comment sections that wage company wars (marvel vs dc). Now that they're both competing, people feel obligated to watch this garbage out of pride, loyalty, or contrarianism
>>
>>82401124
>Infinity War
Doesn't that have the GotG cast, Avengers, Spiderman, Doctor Strange etc?

Sounds like a big cast
>>
File: HarleyHotDance.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
HarleyHotDance.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>82405551
>Suicide Squad and Deadpool is for children
No it isn't. As long as they keep making mature super hero films, then everything will be great

>tfw we get to watch an R Rated Venom movie in couple years
Will be amazing
>>
>>82401010
You sir have impeccable taste
>>
>>82400612
>When will movies with the standard disney formula start to die off?

Never.
>>
>>82400662
>DC superheroes are American myths akin to Greek myths like Hercules or Achilles

8/8 m8 gr8 b8
>>
It will be replaced by something else eventually.

I don't know why /tv/ treats capeshit like its unprecedented though.

It was Westerns at one time. A never ending series of them at cinemas and then you go home and watch Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Wagon Train, Rawhide etc. etc.

Not everything was John Ford or Sergio Leone.
>>
>>82400612
Let's see, Logan had a huge Impact on the industry and for some people it's the best movie based on a comic book universe of all time, so maybe if other people end their contract they die.
>>
>>82401683
Does that really count when Tarantino's whole career is based off of reviving old genres
>>
>>82405973
>Sounds like a big cast

Exactly. And that's a huge part of the problem. Sequels of sequels of sequels stop working if the plan is to get bigger every time. At some point it just becomes unsustainable. Now it takes huge casts and all the characters to get an audience.

Superhero movies are like Westerns, and very well suited to today's technology. It's worth noticing that later Westerns started getting really morally ambiguous and dark. Western fatigue hit, and instead of decent folks and knight errants against the wilderness and evil men, it became rough people against rough people, with no real good guys, just people doing what they do to survive. And then you get things like The Wild Bunch. Movies like Deadpool and Logan aren't signs that adults like capeshit too; they're revisionist superhero movies, and a pretty clear sign that we're starting to get off the track.
>>
How long did it take for the western genre to die off?

It started to be big in the early 30s, I think, and "died out" in the late 50s as a mainstream "every movie is a western deal with it" genre.

We have a 30 years ride of capeshit, I guess.
>>
All bets on Infinity War.
It was hyped like the highest point of MCU with the biggest cast and biggest stakes.
If Infinity War fails then all this superhero bubble will burst
If Infinity War succeeds then we will get ten more years of capeshit.
DCEU will die a lot faster after WW and JL flops.
>>
>>82407316
Logan is kinda like "Wild Bunch" for capeshit.
>>
The only movies I watch in the cinema are super hero movies.

They have a low entry barrier so eveeyone can enjoy them. Meaning you can bring friends along. Who will also invite you next time a super hero movie comes out.

Thor Ragnarok is going to be awesome.
I disliked the Avengers though. The heroes show off their qualities better when the movie focusses on 1 or 2.
>>
Someone post the image showing the coming bubble of capeshit
>>
>all those 'profound and thought-provoking movies' make up for maybe 5% of all movies released
>no one here watches those anyway
>DEM SUPERHEROES MAN
>>
MARVEL STUDIOS
Keeping me from killing myself since 2008.
You are the real heroes. Thank you. :)
>>
>>82407573
I do watch them. Not everyone is lying about enjoying cinéma. It's not some hipster thing.
>>
>>82400612
Infinity War and the immediately succeeding films will be the benchmark of longevity

Capeshit will never truly die because it became the natural successor of the Action Hero blockbluster, it might fade slightly from its current peak but it's fairly successfully captured a market share which is hard to erase.

If you want to make a big budget blockbluster in hollywood right now you're basically shoehorned into borrowing a lot of elements popularised by the MCU experiment. Studios will repeat what makes them money until it stops making them money.
>>
>>82400612
when people get bored with it. me personally, I already have capeshit fatigue. I think I've only seen Logan this year. didn't watch Dr. Strange last year. not gonna watch GOTG2 or WW. I'll check out JL though since it looks like a "so bad it's good" movie like BvS.
>>
File: 352.jpg (12KB, 248x249px) Image search: [Google]
352.jpg
12KB, 248x249px
>>82400662
>DC superheroes are American myths akin to Greek myths like Hercules or Achilles. They aren't going anywhere.

KYS capeshitter
>>
>>82401191
>Watchmen not Kino

Seriously fucking neck yourself.
>>
>>82400612
>You would think people will be burnt out by now.

Nah, we still need to discover easter egg #3921 which will provide a perfect transition into that new spin-off series which will follow a very specific version of that hero's story whilst referencing other specific versions of the story in order to appease comic book fans.
>>
I think Spielberg or somebody said that capeshit will die just like westerns, but that's bullshit.

Westerns didn't make billions at the box office, and billions and billions more from tons and tons of merchandise, product placement deals etc. etc. etc.

Capeshit has decades of stories that can be adapted which is perfect for the lazy coke snorting Hollywood suits.

The people who don't like it will never like it, so nobody making capeshit gives a fuck what they think and rightfully so.

All that matters are the people who love this stuff, pay to see it, pay for all the merchandise, and this group is growing, especially in China.

China's cinema market is growing very rapidly and they're eating this shit up, so if you hate this stuff and feel like you're being assaulted by it NOW, prepare your anus because there's going to be a lot more of it every year.
>>
>>82401872
That"s because they're genuinely good movies for everyone to appreciate, not "look how many e-epic comic book references we can squeeze in xP"-tier that do it only for the nerd niche.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.