[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Theatrical or Director's Cut?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Episode 130.jpg (192KB, 586x438px) Image search: [Google]
Episode 130.jpg
192KB, 586x438px
Theatrical or Director's Cut?
>>
>>82400329
Theatrical
>>
So is Prometheus worth watching or what?
Should I watch it before seeing covenant?
>>
>>82400329

Alien: Theatrical
Aliens: Director's Cut

>>82401207

>So is Prometheus worth watching or what?

nope
>>
>>82401278
So I won't need it for covenant? isnt one of the main characters from Prometheus in it?
>>
>>82401278
>Alien: Theatrical
>Aliens: Director's Cut

Correct Answer
>>
>>82401396
He's a pleb retard who, because of severe autism, has trouble suspending his disbelief. You absolutely should be watching Prometheus if you're gonna see Covenant, but even if Covenant wasn't coming out, you should still be watching it purely because it's scifi kino.
>>
>>82401396
You need it for Covenant. Watch it after all Aliens.
>>
Both Theatrical. The additions to Aliens mess up the pace and tell us too much information about the backstory spoiling the intrigue. Watch those scenes later after you see the film and you'll understand why they cut them.
>>
>>82400329

Skip Aliens, it does not hold up. Its all around bad, the best parts are worse than Prometheus' worst parts.
>>
Alien: Director's Cut
Aliens: Theatrical
>>
>>82400329
>director essentially defines "director's cut"
>makes a lot of movies better
>director makes prometheus and refuses to make a directors cut even though the stuff left out provides a lot of explanation and backstory
>consequently, movie is shit
>>
>>82400329
Prometheus
>>
>>82400329
Theatrical for both. Aliens dc has too much bad Cameron in it.
>>
>>82400329
The theatrical cut for both. The only thing worthwhile the Aliens DC adds is Ripley having a daughter to be allegorical to her relationship with Newt.

The early scene with newts parents fucks with pacing and is unnecessary like all the other added scenes. The performances of Newt and Ripley are already good enough that her having a daughter really doesn't add much anyway.
>>
Aliens: special edition minus the Hadleys Hope scene at the beginning
>>
>>82403294
>The only thing worthwhile the Aliens DC adds is Ripley having a daughter to be allegorical to her relationship with Newt.
And, more importantly, to set up the videogame that is better than any Alien media since Aliens.
>>
>>82403294
Nigger what. Alien DC gives a proper explanation for eggs and webbing people up. There's no downside to it's DC.
>>
>>82401207
Watch it. You need to watch it for covenant but it's a good sci fi film anyway.
>>
>>82400329
Ridley Scott is the about only director who has a clue about editing. His cuts actually improve the original film, while Cameron just pads them out and wrecks the pacing. Try watching The Abyss DC if you don't believe me.

Film editors are an underrated bunch. The best thing about Aliens was the terrific sense of pace, from the slow and ominous build-up to the incredible, frantic finale. Imagine being the original editor of that film, and then seeing what Cameron did to it ...
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.