[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best 50's monster kino?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Them02.jpg (46KB, 300x465px) Image search: [Google]
Them02.jpg
46KB, 300x465px
What are the best 50's monster kino?
>>
>>82397002
will this be part of the Monster Cinematic Universe?

Who should direct? I suggest Inarritu
>>
>>82397341
If there is going to be a remake

What is the point of making it in any decade other than 50s?

It will be like all those remakes of invasion of body snatchers. The original conservative fear for communist invasion would be replaced with liberal fear for government surveillance and mainstream assimilation and war on terror
>>
File: 1492301313961.png (262KB, 700x573px) Image search: [Google]
1492301313961.png
262KB, 700x573px
>The Giant Claw
>The Monster that Challenged the World
>The Killer Shrews
>Attack of the Crab Monsters
>Monster of Piedras Blancas
>The Hideous Sun Demon
>>
>>82397772
Oh, and Night of the Demon. That's a genuine horror classic, and not just a so-bad-it's-good fun monster movie.
>>
>>82397511
Id hope it would be set in the fifties too. Would be more enjoyable and give an interesting backdrop for a modern film.

Though i don't know if a modern director could do it justice without making it a "tongue in cheek" type of film where they goof on the 1950s (hah look how white and square these people are XD )
>>
File: IMG_7609.jpg (73KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7609.jpg
73KB, 350x500px
>mean while in Japan

Okay I cheated this one is from '65 because 50s are all "solemn serious Hokies original"
>>
>>82397872
>tongue in cheek
No one does parody anymore. It would be generic and gritty, the main character would be a army grunt with father issues, and there would be headache inducing cgi mayhem. .
>>
>>82397002
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Day the Earth Stood Still
Gojira
>>
>>82397511
>t will be like all those remakes of invasion of body snatchers. The original conservative fear for communist invasion would be replaced with liberal fear for government surveillance and mainstream assimilation and war on terror

Neither the original nor the remake had a political message. The director himself said people saw in it what they wanted. He just made a monster film.
>>
>>82397002
Nice meme gene, reddit. Nothing like watching the same attack of the giant meme rehashed countless times.
>>
>>82398031
>Gojira
Strangely how Japan made movies even back in 50s
>>
>>82398059
>Neither the original nor the remake had a political message.
>t. retarded Millenial
>>
>>82398254
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_the_Body_Snatchers#Themes

>Despite a general agreement among film critics regarding these political connotations of the film, actor Kevin McCarthy said in an interview included on the 1998 DVD release that he felt no political allegory was intended. The interviewer stated that he had spoken with the author of the novel, Jack Finney, who professed no specific political allegory in the work. DVD commentary track, quoted in Feo Amante's homepage.[23]

>In his autobiography, I Thought We Were Making Movies, Not History, Walter Mirisch writes: "People began to read meanings into pictures that were never intended. The Invasion of the Body Snatchers is an example of that. I remember reading a magazine article arguing that the picture was intended as an allegory about the communist infiltration of America. From personal knowledge, neither Walter Wanger nor Don Siegel, who directed it, nor Dan Mainwaring, who wrote the script nor original author Jack Finney, nor myself saw it as anything other than a thriller, pure and simple."[24]
>>
B E W A R E
O F
A N T S
>>
The Blob (although I prefer the remake)
20,000 Leagues
Godzilla
>>
>>82398399
>>82398254
Rekt
>>
>>82398399
But the remakes are clearly political

Besides I doubt the original was really that innocent.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.