[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did he escape?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: shining pantry.jpg (109KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
shining pantry.jpg
109KB, 1360x768px
How did he escape?
>>
>>82396642
fucking ghosts
>>
Psychic powers
>>
Ghosts

They weren't just figments of his imagination. That's the moment in the film that confirms that.
>>
Danny opened it
>>
>>82396642
ghosts
did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>82396709
yes
>>
>>82396642
If you look closely at this scene you can figure out what products Jack used to melt the lock off.
Kubrick set it up this way because he figured the audience would know how he did it but years later people still think it was ghost
(Though to be fair he left it vague on purpose)
I think mythbusters did an episode where they used the same products and said the lock would have melted
>>
>>82396642
shining is hereditary, where you think the boy got it?
>>
>>82396760
The mailman?
>>
>>82396642
The point of the book is that the hotel itself is alive and is out to kill people. In the book Jack bludgeons himself to death so that the hotel can assume direct control so the humanity within him can no longer resist the urge to kill. Therefore in the book it made a lot more sense because it is established that the hotel itself was supernatural, and not that it was driving people crazy (as the film suggests).

For the record the film is a lot better than the book so I'm not being "that guy", but this is one of few plot holes in the film that comes as a direct result of a misinterpretation of the book.
>>
>>82396995
>misinterpretation

Definitely not a misinterpretation. Kubrick just disliked the book and wanted to improve on what King had established as a general outline.
>>
>>82397075
maybe not misinterpretation but through removing almost all other instance of the hotel's supernatural occurrences Kubrick effectively made the escaping scene a plot hole as it is not justifiable by anything else set up in the movie.
>>
File: jack.gif (419KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
jack.gif
419KB, 400x300px
>>82396642
>charles grady
>delbert grady
>>
>>82396760

the nigger?
>>
>>82397075
>>82397255
kek

Kubrick did it all intentioanlly

he was using the book itself as a metaphor.

why the crashed VW bug was shown early in the filim
>>
File: a nigger.jpg (39KB, 610x358px) Image search: [Google]
a nigger.jpg
39KB, 610x358px
>>
>>82397255
>removing almost all other instance of the hotel's supernatural occurrences
lol wut. you're talking about a movie famous for spooky dead twin girls and blood coming out of an elevator. don't be such a dorkbutt.
>>
>>82397373
Danny had supernatural abilities, Jack was insane and he drove his wife insane. Everything in the film can be explained rationally as manifestations of the minds of crazy people besides Jack's escape which is a clear supernatural occurrence.

The dead twins can be one of two things, Danny's supernatural powers or Danny going insane, it was not a supernatural occurrence brought on by the hotel itself, as the book suggests.

The only exception to the "manifestations of the minds of crazy people" theory is the black dude coming back, but that could be chalked up to coincidence or him having a bad feeling or some shit.
>>
File: 1428294548892.jpg (71KB, 550x402px) Image search: [Google]
1428294548892.jpg
71KB, 550x402px
>>82397564
>Danny had supernatural abilities
>Everything in the film can be explained rationally
>>
>>82397602
Sorry I missed a sentence, I meant to say that there are two interpretation for Danny, either he actually has the powers or he's crazy. I hinted at that in:
>The dead twins can be one of two things, Danny's supernatural powers or Danny going insane

I realised there's another hole in the realist interpretation as Danny was chocked by the old woman, though most people reading the film in a realist sense either assume Jack was going back to being abusive (as he states he was in earlier in the film) or he was drunk (as he was an alcoholic before this job and relapsed during the film)
>>
>>82396759
They explained it in a deleted scene where it's implied he used the ketchup and relish cans to make some kind of explosive to open the door. Saying it's a le spooky ghost is a pleb filter.
>>
>>82396759
they say its ghosts cause in the book its the god damn ghosts opening the door
>>
The Mummy, the Wolfman, Dracula, and the Swamp Thing all opened the door for him.
>>
>>82396759
nigga did he use baked fucking beans to melt a door lock?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.