[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a flaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_9655.png (113KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9655.png
113KB, 220x326px
Name a flaw
>>
skipped a-y
>>
it's not playing anywhere near me
>>
>>82390596
stop shilling

>>82380350
>>
>Percy Fawcett goes to fight in WW1 in an over-long scene
>Leads the charge against the german trench at the Somme in September, 1916
>.............the Germans are still wearing pickelhaulbes

God damn it Germany stopped using the pickelhaulbe and switched over to the stahlhelm in 1915!!!!!! Complete historical inaccuracy
>>
>>82390596
Too many to choose
>>
>>82390596
Charlie Hunnam
>>
>>82390596
It's a movie for alpha-males
>>
>>82390952
haha so thats why it havent had a swedish release date yet
god i hate this fucking joke of a country
>>
>>82390719
Are you from /k/? Only they would get this triggered about how German soldiers were depicted
>>
>>82390596
How about chlorine gas coming out of nowhere with no explanation when he was leading a charge?
>>
its not about the city mentioned in Congo
>>
File: 1481945141532.jpg (33KB, 720x706px) Image search: [Google]
1481945141532.jpg
33KB, 720x706px
>>82390841
this, fuck him.
>>
it was both too long and too short

too much story put in a 2 hour film

too little jungle - the first expedition seemed like they reached the heart of darkness two days after starting their journey with those diseases n shit. the third one and the whole last sequence was basically a twenty minutes long montage
>>
>old-fashioned adventure film about obsessive jungle exploration, WW1 segments, ambitious character study with social themes and psychological depth, carried by a strong filmmaker vision, the opposite of garbage like Skull Island with its fanboy pandering, ironic quips, focus-testing reshoots, etc.
>from the most underrated American auteur, who has steadily built a cohesive, intimate filmography with his own tone and recurring themes that goes against everything that is wrong with current mainstream cinema and ages like fine wine, considered the best current filmmaker by people like PTA or Coppola, yet completely ignored by audiences and critics (although currently has an excellent score on review aggregators)
>complex location shoot in 35mm, no green screen bullshit, in the tradition of masterpieces like Fitzcarraldo, Sorcerer, Apocalypse Now
>recurring collaboration with one the finest cinematographers in the business Darius Khondji and an absolute visual marvel, other typical Gray influences include Visconti, Cimino, Lean
>based on ones of the explorers that inspired Indiana Jones and had a truly batshit insane life and fascinating relationship with the jungle
>passion project in development for a decade, kept struggling to obtain funds as no one wants to finance this kind of movies anymore, and because he wanted to make it the way it was supposed to be made
>will most likely flop and get ignored by the Oscars again, won't even get cinematography nods for Darius, just like Immigrant was ignored despite being the most visually stunning and intricate film of its release year (while he gets praised for his worst, least cinematic work like Amour)
>even this thread will go straight to page 10 without anybody giving a shit about the movie and what it represents in the current film landscape
Being James Gray must be suffering
>>
>>82393402
its a messy film that would work better either as a 4 hour long epic with fleshed out characters or a miniseries
>>
>>82390596
The feminist nonsense

>dude im a stronk female, i can do anything you can do lmao

Other than that it was a decent flick
>>
A really interesting story, but i would have to say it's main criticism is that I didn't really feel Fawcetts maddening desire to get back to the jungle. It felt more like all the people around him were commenting on his obsession with finding the lost city but Fawcett himself was essentially "Yeah, it's be cool to find that city, Id like to go back one day" when he should have been "FUCK I NEED TO GET BACK THERE, THE CITY IS THE KEY TO EVERYTHING, FUCK MY OBNOXIOIS FEMINAZI WIFE AND MY SHIT RETARDED SON, I'M GONNA GO BE FAMOUS".

I also disliked the subtle SJW crap with his wife and his unwavering love and blind trust for the natives, although I did the enjoy the irony of that very trust getting him and his kid killed.
>>
>>82390596
It stars Charlie Hunnam.
>>
File: 1491496856407.png (358KB, 576x573px) Image search: [Google]
1491496856407.png
358KB, 576x573px
>>82394532
>>82390841
>>82392544
>>
>>82390645
Why is this? I don't want to drive 90 min to see it....
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.