[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fargo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

Reminder that Season 2 is excellent but Season 1 is absolute godtier kino.
>>
Correct
S1 > S2 > Movie
So far, S3 is pretty good
>>
>>82384718
Yesterday's episode was pure kino
>>
>>82384718
>>82385256

I stopped watching twenty minutes in.

Going to rewatch later. As soon as it was out of the Minnie Soda setting I was turned off.
>>
>>82384685
>>82385256

Kino-autists.
>>
>>82384685
This guy having plot armor kinda ruins it a bit, so my vote goes to season 2. Dodd was the best.
>>
>>82384685
You've got that backwards
>>
>>82384685
I put to You, /tv/ that Billy-bob Thornton is one of this generations most under appreciated actors.
>>
>>82385373
He doesn't have plot armor, though. If anything, the black guy from Season 2 has way more plot armor than him.
>>
Reminder that S3 is the best one so far
>>
I don't understand why people love season 1 so much. It was decent, but there was so much dumb shit and pointless filler. I feel like it's been getting better every year. I liked Season 2 a lot, and Season 3 is off to a great start.
>>
File: 1z6.png (4KB, 222x211px) Image search: [Google]
1z6.png
4KB, 222x211px
Season 2 was aiming to take Season 1 down by Episode 8 but then 9 and 10 happened. Season 1 was consistently excellent all the way through and had both a phenomenal start and a phenomenal ending.

That's just my opinion, of course.
>>
>>82385504

Are you memeing or is it good? not started it yet and in bed with food poisoning
>>
>>82385551
Both. We have no idea how Season 3 stands with the other two seasons that are actually finished. But so far, I'm enjoying it.
>>
>>82384685
Reminder that shills are trying to keep the Emperor's New Clothes from disappearing because Hawley's hackery is currently being laid bare for those who couldn't pick up on it before so they're trying to keep the focus on the previous seasons. Even though they're just as bad.
>>
>>82385335
I wish you'd turn yourself off irl

>I can help!
>>
>>82385516
Agreed. Also, anyone who says the show is better than the movie is an idiot
>>
>>82385516
>dumb shit and pointless filler
Elaborate. Fargo had none of this.
>>
>>82385551
It has potential to be the best one, but it's still building up
>>
>>82385628
Yeah it's not like they ever waste half of an episode indulging in a pretentious poorly animated elementary school sci-fi story.
>>
>>82384685
>Season 1 is absolute godtier kino
Thornton made the season
>>
>>82385793
The post I was quoting was talking about the first season.
>>
>>82385939
Yeah it's not like the first season had stupid unoriginal shit like fish falling out of the sky or anything.
>>
>>82385628
I didn't like Malvo. Billy Bob did a great job, but the character was just a pile of cliches. I get that they were trying to pull off a Coen Bros-style "spiritual villain," and it kind of worked in the pilot episode, and when Lester met him again at the very end. But everything in the middle was trash, to me. The whole storyline with the fake Biblical plagues on Stavros was just stupid, needlessly complicated and far-fetched, and ultimately of no relevance to the show. For some reason, cable-drama writers all have a hard-on for this kind of character - the edgy, witty sociopath who manipulates everyone like a puppet-master, and gets away with it through the superpower of amorality and lying. It just gets harder and harder to buy it, the more screen-time you give a character like this. By the time he's single-handedly gunning down an office building full of mob henchman, it just feels like the worst kind of wish fulfillment.

Lester's storyline was a little bit better, because I really loved Martin Freeman's performance. But again, I think it suffered a lot in the middle, because it felt like the writers were trying to stretch out a short, simple story over the course of a full season without letting it get "boring." It was just TOO many lies, frame-ups, miraculous getaways, etc.

It's the type of thing that happens when writers are just spinning their wheels. Hawley knew how Lester & Malvo's story had to begin, and had to end. But then there were like 8 episodes in the middle, where their situation can't REALLY change - Lester can't get caught, Malvo can't get caught or killed, not until the end - but they had to invent ways to have "interesting drama" with no real consequences whatsoever. Does that make sense?

Another poster described it more briefly as "plot armor," and I'd have to agree. Season 2 was a more complicated story that actually required a full season to unfold properly. Season 1 felt like a good 4-episode miniseries stretched out to 10.
>>
>>82386408
But Malvo is the first time this character is actually done right. Thornton nailed it.
>>
>>82384685
>that scene where he just starts taking a shit when that guy is ranting at him
>>
>>82386465
It's a fucking Anton Chigurh fascimile you high-horse idiot.
>>
>>82386465
As I said I thought his performance was very good. I'm ripping on it because I thought it wasn't as good as season 2 or 3, but I still watched it & liked it. I just can't agree that it's "god-tier kino," it's good TV but it's full of holes
>>
>>82386465
Chigur from NCFOM is the only character like this done right. I really liked Malvo but the scene where he killed everyone in the building was ridiculous. If it had just been implied that it happened through news reports or small comments at the police station it would have been so much better.
>>
The problem with season 1 was the cast, which was mostly terrible and much less balanced than the seasons that followed it up

There's Billy Bob, Martin Freeman and oh Key and Peele? The charisma blackhole known as Tom Hanks' son? The fat lady cop who couldn't carry her own scenes at all? Lame.
>>
>>82386759
>They're not good if I don't know who they are
>>
>>82387263
that dude is absolutely retarded but that's not what he was saying. not sure what he is trying to say, frankly, the cast was fine and only really Key & Peele feel off at times.
>>
>>82384685
Television cannot be kino. Fuck off.
>>
>>82387263
that's not what I said you tardo

the cast was weaker and much less consistent
>>
>>82384718
Close
S2>Movie>S1
And yeah, so far S3 is good but we'll have to wait and see.
>>
Season 1 is reddit with

>Lorne Malvo
>deaf hitman and his bro
>Gus and his daughter
>Kay and Peele cameo

Season 2 was way better. Villains felt real. Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons killed every scene they were in. Patrick Wilson was so good and Mike Milligan was hell of a character. I also like Reagan, ufos, Indians and all other throwbacks to era when it took place.

Only good part of season 1 for me was Lester which was a very good tv character. Martin Freeman nailed it.
>>
File: IMG_1013.png (197KB, 597x269px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1013.png
197KB, 597x269px
>op is a kinotard
>>
>>82387937
deaf hitman > postal native
>>
>>82388002

Postal native felt like a human who has his motives instead of some filler artsy pretentitious tool.
>>
File: FaceApp_1493930433917.jpg (57KB, 348x348px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1493930433917.jpg
57KB, 348x348px
>>82385256
>>
>>82388047
Fargo was never about that, its about that quaint, northern state feel with crime mixed in. Postal native clashes with that, deaf hitman doesnt. And yea, Malvo killing everyone at the mob building clashes with that too, which is why its the worst part of season 1.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.