[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Bill Nye simply just adapting to new times?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 416
Thread images: 47

File: bny.png (602KB, 616x648px)
bny.png
602KB, 616x648px
Is Bill Nye simply just adapting to new times?
>>
>>82381848
>being this dense

No, he's simply doing everything he can to cover up how fucking retarded he actually is. Chromos determine sex, not gender. It's been that way long before SJWs started crying about it.
>>
>>82381848
/pol/ would blame it in Bill being a jew, im starting to think there might be something to that.... sounds crazy but /pol/ might be right, its the only rational explenation
>>
>>82381848
>And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed – if all records told the same tale – then the lie passed into history and became truth. "Who controls the past," ran the Party slogan, "controls the future: who controls the present controls the past." And yet the past, though of its nature alterable, never had been altered. Whatever was true now was true from everlasting to everlasting. It was quite simple. All that was needed was an unending series of victories over your own memory. "Reality control," they called it: in Newspeak, "doublethink."
>>
>>82381887

>Chromos determine sex, not gender.

Gender doesn't exist outside of as an extension of sex, and the two terms used to just be used interchangeably.

Used as a synonym for "sex" as it was when the episode was made, that statement is still correct.
>>
>>82381848
What's wrong with editing stuff to correct the record when the current scientific knowledge has disproven previous misconceptions?
>>
>science changes over time
>>
>>82381887
What the fuck is the difference?
>>
>>82381939

This was legitimately the first thing I thought of.

Granted, the behavior of Liberals makes me think of Orwell's 1984 about every fucking week at this point, but now they're not even hiding the fact that they are outright historical revisionists trying to edit reality.
>>
>>82381948
>the two terms used to just be used interchangeably.
The good old days.
>>
>>82381848
Let me be the first to say we need to license scientists now. If they are this SJW-stupid, you can't practice SCIENCE!
>>
>>82381887

Are you pretending to be retarded on purpose?
>>
>>82381998
>we need to license scientists now

It's called having a degree
>>
File: 1459783872749.jpg (521KB, 1503x994px) Image search: [Google]
1459783872749.jpg
521KB, 1503x994px
>>82381950
>correct the record
>>
I would like to thank the English language for blessing us with the obsolete word "gender".
>>
>>82381950
Should we go back and digitally add feathers to the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park?
>>
>>82381950
>>82381961

>the structure and function of one of the most basic components of biology completely reversed itself in totality in less than two decades

Yep, sounds reasonable. I'm sure that is what happened.
>>
>>82381887
My language doesn't make this distinction.
>>
>>82381985
Sex is being born with a penis
Gender is being a real man meaning not spending your young life in anime imageboards
>>
can I not give a shit? Is that an option?
>>
>>82381998

Hopefully you're the last to say it as well.

>If these people disagree with me, THEY'RE WRONG!
>>
>>82381961
>social science
>>
>>82382032
Yes

by George Lucas
>>
>>82381998
Then you'll have to take an iq test to be in congress.
>>
>>82381887
>sex and gender are different
Fuck off, this never was the case.

Gender is and has always been synonymous to sex.

What you mean by "Gender" is sexual orientation.
>>
>>82381887
So you believe gender is just your fashion choices? If gender is a social construct, how can people be born "the wrong gender"?
>>
Why is everyone making this so difficult?

Male/Female. Anything else is a mental disorder and you were probably raped/molested as a kid to make you think that way.
>>
>>82382048
Says the guy on the anime imageboard
>>
>>82381950
>>82381961

Sociology isn't a hard science, or really a "science" at all. It's a "Humanity Study".

Biology, however, is a hard science.
And according to biology, the structure and purpose of the human chromosome has changed an amount equal to jack-point-shit in the last 1.5 decades.
>>
>>82381950
>>82381961
There hasn't been any change in science that disproves the idea that chromosomes determine gender.
>>
File: The Joke went over your head.gif (804KB, 1307x734px) Image search: [Google]
The Joke went over your head.gif
804KB, 1307x734px
>>82382112
>>
>>82382112
yeah, that's why gender is not binary. And it's not just having less masculine interests, the material conditions themselves have ended the "providing for the house" gender role of men, because of how precarious work is today for anyone under 40
>>
if im too beta will i be declared a new gender have to use a separate bathroom or something?
>>
>>82381961
>chromosomes change over time
>>
>>82382189
>gender is not binary
Yes it is you moron. Male and female, that's it.
>>
>>82382189
Gender is binary because theres only 2 sex organs. Penis and vaginas. I guess theres a few astronomically rare exceptions such as hermaphodites, but even they pick a sex and stick to it
>>
File: IMG_3007.jpg (390KB, 1000x508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3007.jpg
390KB, 1000x508px
>>
>>82381927
/pol/ is always right
>>
>>82382145
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ravishly/neuroscience-proves-what-_b_6494820.html
>>
>>82382109

>Why is everyone making this so difficult?

"Everyone" isn't.
Liberals are.

Take a look at one of those lists that contain most (I say "most", not all, because there are literally more invented every single day) of the SJW "genders" so far.
It's fucking shocking how people are just literally allowed to make shit up, and you have to respect it and take it seriously and agree that it is real or you are le evil Trump-voting bigot.

Liberalism is literally a brain-disorder at this point. I'm not even fucking meming. They legitimately believe in things that fucking Scientologists would laugh at.
>>
File: 1493864670011.png (300KB, 679x520px) Image search: [Google]
1493864670011.png
300KB, 679x520px
Friendly reminder that the "gender is a social construct" meme comes from a lying pedophile and is not science.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money#Sex_reassignment_of_David_Reimer
>>
why did humans develop rigid gender roles that serve almost no function and in 99% of cases don't suit an individual's personality? and separate cultures even developed similar ill fitting roles independently. we're a pretty stupid species when you think about it. i'm glad we have bill nye to set things straight.
>>
>>82382279
>huffingt
top wew my laddie
>>
>>82381887
gender as we know it today is a made up social science concept invented by john money known pedophile who made two young boys kill themselves later in life because of failed sexual reassignment sugary. It has no basis in reality or science.
quote from him
>If I were to see the case of a boy aged ten or eleven who's intensely erotically attracted toward a man in his twenties or thirties, if the relationship is totally mutual, and the bonding is genuinely totally mutual ... then I would not call it pathological in any way.
>>
>>82382311
https://oii-usa.org/2563/how-common-is-intersex-in-humans/

If there is only two genders how do you explain these people?
>>
>>82382168
>I was just pretending to be retarded
twas merely an act
>>
>>82382333
Not clicking because tumblr /= science

waste of trips
>>
>>82382304
>Scandanavia elimenates social barriers between men and women
>men and women still choose completely different lifestyles
Huh

https://youtu.be/6fw3bFuQmOw
>>
>>82382053
No
>>
>“But Bill Nye The Science Guy, a s c i e n t i s t (???) said in a TV Show twenty years ago that chromosomes determined gender!”

Aye lads, fifty years ago, they thought the best way to treat disabilities was to shove a needle into people’s eyes and like a hundred years before that, they thought sticking leeches onto people’s skin would surely get the job done.

It wasn’t until literal years ago that scientists realized babies felt pain when they were being operated on.

Plato once defined a man as a featherless biped so Diogenes threw a plucked bird at him and cried, “Behold, a man!”

The point is that science in general does this little thing called evolve.

Scientists say shit. Scientists realize the shit is wrong. Scientists research shit. Scientists say the right shit. That’s the very definition of science.
>>
File: bait.png (197KB, 2500x1645px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
197KB, 2500x1645px
>>82382189
>>82381887
>>82381950
Don't reply to these posts.
>>
>>82381848

look it's another threads of /pol/tards getting triggered by stupid shit that nobody else cares about instead of you know, actually doing anything with their lives.
>>
>>82382333
>what are gene mutations
I bet cancer is now a gender too. Should we start petitioning for their rights? #cancerlivesmatter
>>
>>82381848
The original segment isnt even accurate because inter-sex people exist. Its perfect valid to remove it as obviously we dont want to confuse children even further about this type of thing.
>>
>>82382401
>The point is that science in general does this little thing called evolve.
It used to evolve based on evidence, rather than ideology
>>
>>82382078

This.

Also, daily reminder that the """scientist""" that created the paradigm of "sex & gender are two different things" that became widely accepted at face value was literally a delusional child-molesting maniac that destroyed the lives and health of multiple children.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money
>>
Science progresses over time, faggots. Deal with it.
>>
>>82382401
This. Chromosomes have changed since the 90s and science needs to catch up with whatever's in vogue.
>>
>>82382380
> tumblr /= science

It's about hermaphrodite people. Ever 1 in 2000 is born a hermaphrodite. So when you say there are only 2 genders you are automatically wrong.
>>
File: 1493666866485.png (209KB, 359x424px) Image search: [Google]
1493666866485.png
209KB, 359x424px
>>82381939
first thing that came to mind
>>
>>82382441
Yes and his orginal subject (a boy that he raised as a woman) killed himself
>>
>>82381927

The sad thing I've come to learn over the last few years is that /pol/ is always right.

And it's a horrible realistation.
>>
>>82382401
>reddit spacing
>>
>>82382333

>person is born with a hideous genetic birth-defect
>"Look guys, a new gender!"

You are completely fucking retarded.

Down Syndrome is not a new gender either.
>>
>>82382487
You're just very easily manipulated. I'd advise you to stop browsing 4chan but you basically have Stockholm Syndrome at this point.
>>
>>82382517
i cant take the left seriously if they continue to ignore racial differences in IQ and pretend to be pro science
>>
>>82382504
Yet you still call a person with Down Syndrome. A person with Down Syndrome. You claiming there are only two genders. Which because of things like Gene mutation exist. Which caused a third gender.
>>
>>82382021
Nye has a bachelor's in mechanical engineering...
>>
>>82382452
I didn't say there were two genders.
>>
File: 1493535276006.png (260KB, 485x471px) Image search: [Google]
1493535276006.png
260KB, 485x471px
Why do these gender studies weirdos keep saying that gender is determined solely by your brain alone? They don't even explain what gender means specifically other than using the nonsense circular logic that "you're whatever gender you think you are".
>>
>>82382304

This.

The Agricultural Revolution is a right-wing myth (probably fabricated by Russian hackers) because there is no reason humans would ever want specialization of jobs within a functioning community.

Sexual Dimorphism is also an anti-feminist myth, probably started by Gamergaters, because it implies men and women could excell at different things based on biology. It also implies that women can't have dicks, and that triggers me.

You guys really need to be more mindful of fake news.
>>
>>82381848
>Netflix censors the episode
>People are shitting on Bill Nye for it

What part of this is his fault?
>>
>>82382587
>There hasn't been any change in science that disproves the idea that chromosomes determine gender.
>>
Daily reminder that "gender theory" was introduced by a crazy scientist who tortured two brothers and ultimately drove them to suicide
>>
>>82382304
>99% of cases don't suit an individual's personality?
Explain
>>
>>82382483
Which ultimately provided strong evidence that gender is biologically innate. Certain areas of science though have been hijacked by dogmatic ideologues, who believe they can justify create facts out of thin air for their own ends, based on their own whims, justifying it by appealing to the tradition of scientific advancement and discovery while providing no falsifiable evidence and following no rigorous procedure.
>>
>>82382617
I think you're responding to the wrong person.
>>
>>82382234
Well yes, they do.
>>
>>82382517

I would have agreed with you some time ago but I took it upon myself to research into big topics myself, to try and clear up the social media-powered cluster fuck of misinfo that is everywhere now. Just for my own understanding.
And sadly a lot more left leaning stories/claims tend to turn out to be bullshit compared to right wing ones. Both sides have a great deal of fucking retards spreading shit though.

Anyway, this is /tv/ not /pol/ so I'll call it a day there.
>>
>science isn't allowed to change!
That's unscientific.

That said, his new show was pretty unscientific. He makes a lot of big claims without providing really any proof or evidence to back those claims. To quote Bill Nye, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

The worst is when he says the science is concluded on a subject. Again, not how science works. Science and our understanding of it is a discussion that never ends and is constantly changing and evolving as we learn new things. Again, how can you say the science is concluded on gender when science was saying, just a few years ago, that gender was determined by chromosomes? Was it concluded, then, too?

He also comes off as a real control freak. He has really authoritarian views and has said things like he thinks people who disagree with him should be imprisoned unironically. And he wants to control how many kids you can have? That's dictator bullshit. That's not saving the world. That's ruling the world. Fuck him.
>>
>>82382503
Every other person in this thread is using your "reddit spacing".
>>
genotype =/= phenotype

I guess this shit is expected when one political party decides to have an anti-science platform.
>>
>>82382401

>Aye lads, fifty years ago, they thought the best way to treat disabilities was to shove a needle into people’s eyes and like a hundred years before that, they thought sticking leeches onto people’s skin would surely get the job done.

It's funny how you can say this and then jump to defending things like "gender-reassignment surgery".

The sexual mutilation of the mentally ill is literally the lobotomy of this century. It will be looked back on with scorn and disgust.
>>
>censoring history

So where do I apply for a job at the Ministry of Truth?
>>
>>82382675
>his new show was pretty unscientific.

Examples?

>The worst is when he says the science is concluded on a subject. Again, not how science works.

No, it's how science works. Science can and does conclude things. The world is round. Gravity causes things to fall down. Life evolved from a common ancestor.
>>
>>82382401

>The point is that science in general does this little thing called evolve.

It's funny how it always seems to "evolve" to become more compatible with whatever the wealthy left is lobbying for at the time.

What an interesting correlation. Surely just a coincidence.
>>
>>82382452
Birth defects =/= new gender
>>
>>82382452
All recorded hermaphrodites produce only one gamete. Spunk or eggs. This determines what gender they are. Gender is literally binary.
>>
File: 457634578746543.png (641KB, 577x566px) Image search: [Google]
457634578746543.png
641KB, 577x566px
DUDE
*hits water acidifcation bong*
LIKE...IF YOU THINK YOU ARE A DIFFERENT GENDER...THEN YOU REALLY ARE!
>>
>>82382760
>which gamete you produce determines which gender you are

Ah, those ever moving goal posts.
>>
>>82382423

>The original segment isnt even accurate because inter-sex people exist.

"Intersex" isn't a gender. It's literally a hideous birth-defect born out of fucked up genes.

Being born with fucked up genitals is no more a "gender" than being born with fucked up skin is a new "race".
>>
>>82382786
The goalposts are "science" and - to a slight, lesser extent - "the law". You're male or female.
>>
>>82382554

>Which caused a third gender.

It literally didn't you fucking spung.

Down Syndrome and hermaphridism are both genetic disorders. Neither are "genders".
>>
File: 1493267847528.png (242KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1493267847528.png
242KB, 1000x1000px
People calling out gender theory bullshit aren't denying birth defects and medical conditions, they're saying you can't just get a weird hairstyle, change your clothes, and calling yourself gendefluid, demi-queer, or whatever made up word people are using nowadays.
>>
>your genitals determine what gender you have

What if somebody with XY chromosomes is born with a vagina?

>uh... buh... well he's got XY chromosomes, so that determines he's a man, even if he's got a vagina

What if they're XXY

>wuh... well... then that's a birth defect

Alright, but what gender are they?

When are people going to figure out that maybe things are a little more complicated than what they learned in grade school?
>>
>man made global warming is settled science
>theories about human reproduction is still evolving
Social marxism is one hell of a drug.
>>
>>82382610

Dimes to dollars he requested it.
>>
>>82382828
Neither science nor the law say that.
>>
>>82382890
>humans have two hands
>BUT WAT IF BABY BORN WITH MALFORMED STUMPS
>LETS REWRITE ALL TEXTBOOKS TO GET RID OF THE SOCIAL CONSTRUCT OF HANDS
I can do that too sis.
>>
>>82382675

>science isn't allowed to change!

Literally nobody is saying that. Stop attacking strawmen.
What people are saying is
>Science isn't allowed to change without evidence, and feelings/social trends don't count as evidence.

Literally nothing about chromosomes, or our understanding about them, has changed significantly in the 15 to 20 years since the making of that episode.

The only thing that has changed is social/political dogma, and social/political dogma isn't science.
>>
File: smiling-lenin.jpg (43KB, 620x615px) Image search: [Google]
smiling-lenin.jpg
43KB, 620x615px
>>82381848
Good. It's about time.
>>
>>82382750
And there's only two genders.
>>
File: four genders.jpg (43KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
four genders.jpg
43KB, 1440x1080px
>>82382284
There....are....TWO GENDERS!
>>
>>82382876
>people can't call themselves whatever they want in a "free" society without sperging someone out about it.
I can get your logic if you agree/disagree with a scientific or unscientific principle, but why do you honestly care so much about if people choose to identify as something nonbinary? Who cares?

Why waste so much energy?
>>
>>82382989
It's true that scientific understanding of chromosomes hasn't changed among scientists hasn't changed. The public understanding is finally starting up.

Chromosomes do not determine gender. They often determine gender, but it has never been an absolute.

Scientists have always understood the difference between genotype and phenotype.

"Chromosomes determine gender" is a simplification for school children.
>>
>>82382750
>No, it's how science works.
No, it's not at all how science works. Science is a continual discussion. Let's take one of the things you claim is "concluded" as an example:

>Gravity causes things to fall down.
Except science is still continuing to try to understand and learn new things about gravity. Scientists are constantly coming up with new theories and models concerning gravity.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/589863-9-scientists-who-dispute-the-theory-of-gravity/full/

Nothing is concluded. It's always open to discussion. For an authoritarian like Bill Nye, science as an open discussion must be a very, very scary thing.
>>
I just don't get why leftists would want to believe this stupid shit. I really wonder what they're gaining from this. Is it simply to piss logical people off?
>>
>>82382933

Science literally says exactly that. The role of chromosomes has largely been understood since just after the discovery of DNA and has changed almost zero in the past 60 to 70 fucking years.

There is literally zero empirical evidence of magical third, fourth, 200th, etc. genders or magical brain-switching that causes you to be """born in the wrong body""".
It's literally all sociological, i.e. not scientific, evidence-based or falsifiable.
>>
>>82383052
>Scientists have always understood the difference between genotype and phenotype.
Your cock is phenotype.

You dressing up in skirts is not.
>>
>>82381887
>fucking retarded
Wow um like, can you not use this hateful language? Thanks.
>>
>>82383052

>talking like an authority on science
>uses the term "gender" as if it means anything

Gender literally doesn't exist in an empirical sense unless you're just using the word as a synonym for "sex".

>Chromosomes do not determine gender. They often determine gender, but it has never been an absolute.

Again, you are completely fucking retarded.

Xx = Female
Xy = Male

Any exceptions to this are literally crippling birth-defects.
>>
>>82383101
>Science is a continual discussion
Until it isn't, there IS an endgame for facts. You realize this, right? We don't live in a magically shapeshifting universe, we live in a universe of rules and laws. Eventually, we will fully understand (example A here) then move on. You are being silly if you think "nothing is concluded" about gravity.
>>
What percentage ownership does Disney have of Netflix, by the way?
>>
>>82383166
No, anon, behavior is also phenotype.

Everything observable, from anatomy to sexuality to behavior is phenotype.
>>
>>82381848
Is there even a source for this? I mean a source besides "freebeacon.com"? Has netflix made any comment? Has netflix done this with any other episodes of old shows, for whatever reason?

Is there any chance that this is actually a news-worthy event?
>>
>>82383044

>DUDE WHY DO YOU CARE????!!!!!!

Why do atheists care so much if someone thinks the Earth is 6,000 years old?
>>
>>82382989
>Literally nobody is saying that.
People are getting upset, and not just in this thread, that Bill Nye's show has edited a segment of his old show, crying censorship.

>Science isn't allowed to change without evidence, and feelings/social trends don't count as evidence.
This is a good argument to make, but I haven't seen it made. Doing a search, "without evidence" shows up once: your reply. In fact, looking through this thread, the only person who had any concern about the lack of evidence and proof in his show was me, right here: >>82382675
>>
>>82382332
What happens when transexual suicide rates stay sky-high even in the most trans-friendly places in the world? At what point do people start considering that the problem is the disorder, not necessarily everyone else's reactions to it?
>>
western society is so fucked

i cant wait to move to japan
>>
>>82383101
>I know a guy on youtube who thinks the earth is flat
>this means round earth isn't concluded

No, anon, it's concluded. We can have a discussion until the cows come home. I'm perfectly willing to entertain any flat earth models you want to present. But at the end of the day it will still be concluded.

It's not authoritarianism, it's honesty. But I guess you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>82382401
>they thought sticking leeches onto people’s skin would surely get the job done.
Leeches still have a valid medical application. They're not a broad cure all, but they do have a purpose.
>>
>>82383215
>You are being silly if you think "nothing is concluded" about gravity.
The discussion on gravity is still open, as I proved by providing you with evidence of scientists still thinking and talking about gravity.
>>
>>82383207
>xx = female
>xy = male
>any exceptions to this are literally crippling birth defects

Mmm, no, there are plenty with defects that have healthy, normal lives and aren't crippled in any way.

There are also crippling birth defects. And? It still it still means your rule is incorrect.

XX = usually female
XY = usually male

With some exceptions. That's science. Deal with it.
>>
>>82383244
That'a a shitty false equivalence and you know it. The science and collective evidence on gender is not conclusive at all, hasn't been and it changes over time. We know for an absolute fact the world is not 6k fucking years old.

The question is why do you care what other Americans call themselves? It literally effects you in no meaningful way unless you are autistic.
>>
>>82383244
They don't.

The issue comes to play when people want to teach that lie to school children using public funs.
>>
File: some_dirt_old_faggot_on_4chan.png (66KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
some_dirt_old_faggot_on_4chan.png
66KB, 400x400px
>>82381948
>the two terms used to just be used interchangeably.

yeah by fucking uneducated old fart plebs like (You) and this >>82381996
faggot.

>"hurf burf the Good Old Days™ where I could enjoy muh Coors Light in peace, hurfffff"

Ever wonder why someone your age is here and not anywhere better in life? It's because you're a fucking loser.
>>
>>82383269
>the discussion about the earth is finished
>we know everything we need to know about the earth
Pack it up, science! This anon solved the case!
>>
>>82383276
Why even post this? This doesn't even contradict his point.

Are you mentally challenged?
>>
>>82383299
Your link was retarded, it was just showing that there are a handful of autists who still debate gravity. These are outliers anon...not trends.
>>
>>82383299
Gravity is a force that makes things fall down.

This is something scientists have concluded.

There are arguments about minute details of the mechanisms and origins, but none of this changes the fact that gravity is a force that makes things fall down.
>>
>>82383346
Yet we're using the same public funding to tell kids chopping off your dick is perfectly fine?
>>
Sex is determined by the type of gametes an organism produces, not chromosomes

Though chromosomes do play a part
>>
>>82383367
>we know the earth is an oblate spheroid
>therefore we know everything about the earth

Who claimed this?
>>
File: 1453678375554.jpg (78KB, 340x314px) Image search: [Google]
1453678375554.jpg
78KB, 340x314px
>look up that sex junk video
>most of the comments about how people became God-fearing conservatives
>mfw the left are leading people to find Christ and giving Trump a second term
>mfw we're gearing up for the inevitable Christianity vs Islam world war for real this time
>>
>>82383367
What's the alternative? Autistically debate established facts and give denisl groups ammo to undermine real science?

We are literally living through that meme, see climate change deniers..
>>
>>82383377
>"I know more about science than those retarded scientists! Fuck NASA, bunch of autists!"
>>
>>82383044
Because they want it to effect everyone. They want everyone to care. It's not a case where it doesn't effect me these people want more fucking pronouns.
>>
>>82382633
Yes gender is biological and not a social construct. It very very raley ever deviates from biological sex however, so saying its not determined by genes is silly. The implication of the social constructionist theory being that gender is completely interchangable and imagined by people
>>
>>82383392
Addendum: This means that futa is indeed gay
>>
File: 1493394743017.jpg (16KB, 218x236px) Image search: [Google]
1493394743017.jpg
16KB, 218x236px
>>82383414
>You may live to see the crusades 2.0
>>
>>82383386
Telling students that transgenderism is a thing that exists?

Sure. Unlike Creationism, that's true.
>>
>>82383411
Anon, the discussion is over. Science is concluded. The end.
>>
>>82383438
Sometimes I feel like this whole trannies are perfectly fine thinking is a giant plot by /a/ and /d/ to push the futa isn't gay meme
>>
>>82383103

>I really wonder what they're gaining from this.
In the short-term, they get to virtue-signal. They get to act morally superior and have people suck their dicks over how morally superior they are for being """tolerant""" and """""progressive""""".

In the long term, they are contributing to the Authoritarian degradation of the sociological concept of "truth". This is a slow but valuable process because if you can convince the public that ANYTHING is now objectively true because people say it's true, the people in power now essentially control what is "true" and what is "false", i.e. essentially controlling information.

If a man with an Xy Chromosome who has been a man all his life is now a woman just because he said so, then a white man who has been a white man all his life can now be a black man just because he says so. Or a black woman. Or an asian dinosaur. Or Pikachu. Etc.

If they'll believe a man is a woman and that a black man is a white man, they'll believe a lot of other things. They'll believe that up is now down and that straw is now gold.

If they'll believe that, they'll also believe in things that are much more useful to a ruling body of government.
They could believe that production numbers are increasing when they can actively observe they are decreasing.
They'll believe that The Party invented airplanes even if they remember seeing airplanes from before The Party existed.
They'll believe that Oceania has ALWAYS been at war with Eurasia and allied with East Asia, when just yesterday they knew and believed that Oceania was at war with East Asia and had ALWAYS been at war with East Asia.

An infinitely gullible public is the wet-dream of an Authoritarian. Even if they'll never see it in their lifetime, it's still an ideal worth working towards.
>>
>>82383434
Who cares if they want another pronoun? They pay taxes faggot, they live here. If l you have to do in a private conversation is to just call them what they want, do it oe leave the interaction. Fuck, how did America become such a hotbed for babies?
>>
>>82383444
>one thing is something crazy people believe in
>the other is another thing crazy people believe in
Yup, true right?
>>
>>82383416
>What's the alternative?
Actual science.

>Autistically debate established facts and give denisl groups ammo to undermine real science?
That's the problem: people like Bill Nye and you care less about science and more about your political agenda.
>>
>>82383444
>teaching kids that being mentally ill is okay
I'd tell you to kill yourself, tranny, but statistically speaking, you're likely to do that in the next 5 years. So hurry up.
>>
>>82383299
Yeah only a couple of years until scientists finally discover the T-chromosome.

TX=usually a tranny
TY=usually a man trapped in a womans body

Hopefully they discover the chromosomes responsible for bi-curious-dragon-kin soon after that.

Any other TXYDK-chromes in da house?
>>
>>82382464
Ayo u b sayin gender is a social construct n sheeeit?
>>
Guys, I did the math and the numbers check out and the science is in. Genders are a spectrum like a fucking light wavelength except it can change depending on how you feel
>>
>>82383489
>and you
Fuck off with your identity politics game you obviously triggered faglord. I'm not doing that.
>>
>>82382517
Are you denying that leftists are in control of Hollywood, Netflix, the MSM, and other major institutions that control our entertainment?
>>
File: 1493834684619.jpg (60KB, 448x441px) Image search: [Google]
1493834684619.jpg
60KB, 448x441px
>>82381950
Nothing disproves that chromosomes determine gender.

Simply the definition of gender has come under fire and by all means is still being debated now.

Bill should have stayed out of gender politics, he's simply an children's entertainer. There are people who browse this board who have a more extensive science education than he does.
>>
>>82383430
So if 9 retards out of a few thousand think the earth is flat, I should give them the same time and considerstion? Fuck off.
>>
File: 1475667781200.jpg (2MB, 8600x3660px) Image search: [Google]
1475667781200.jpg
2MB, 8600x3660px
>>82383382
>There are arguments about minute details of the mechanisms and origins

Why is gravity so weak compared to the other fundamental forces? Some say that it's because it is shared equally between a very large number of universes. We don't know anything about gravity, in the grand scale of things.
>>
File: 1476732091585.jpg (62KB, 840x544px) Image search: [Google]
1476732091585.jpg
62KB, 840x544px
>>82383440
>you get to live the Neo-Crusades
>you get to purge muzzies AND gays AND trannies

>>82383549
Dolph Lundgren is a more qualified educator than Bill Nye.
>>
>>82383487
Transgenderism is a real thing. Creationism is not.
>>
>>82383526
>"but the deniers will get ammo!"
>"n-n-not that I care..."
I'm not terribly convinced.
>>
>>82383534
>Republicans run every level of government
>still bitching and moaning that liberals control the universe
This gets old.
>>
Holy fuck, changing word definitions, and now hiding scientific data that disagrees with the world view?

The left is ushering in a new religious dark age in the name of "progress".
>>
>>82383594
Creationism is very real, there are plenty of school curriculums and museums that prove Creationism exists.

Transgenderism only exists on tumblr.
>>
>>82381848
fuck this world. so fucking sick and tired of this shit. i wish it was 1990 again
>>
>>82383583
That's a good question.

But it doesn't mean gravity doesn't make things fall down.
>>
>>82383564
Yeah fuck science. Bunch of retarded nonsense.
>>
File: 9859865.jpg (36KB, 416x234px) Image search: [Google]
9859865.jpg
36KB, 416x234px
>>82383471
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 1235x486px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 1235x486px
>>82381927
>>
>>82383594
>Transgenderism is a real thing
So is Schizophrenia, except you want to treat one and enable the other
>>
>>82383597
Are you unable to have a thoughtful discussion here?
>>
>>82383620
They are turning science into the new Papacy.
>>
>>82383629
Of course, I just wanted to point out that the inverse of what you said is true. We only know minute details of the truth when it comes to gravity.
>>
>>82381848
>new times
>what pays most
this is what happens when you allow the jew to breathe life into your non existent career.
>>
>>82382032
They should go back and edit out all of the dinosaurs because DNA doesn't have a half-life long enough for anything in that movie to happen.
>>
>>82383634
Denying gravity is not being scientific. Science doesn't have to pander to your pseudo-science horseshit just to make you happy with your dumb safe space.
>>
>>82383651
>thoughtful discussion

>>82383526
>Fuck off

To answer your question more clearly: no one can have thoughtful discussions with you.
>>
>>82383471
>If they'll believe a man is a woman and that a black man is a white man
That would at least be consistent. Instead, they justify one but not the other.
>>
>>82383650
100 years ago we would cut out your frontal lobes if you were mad, now we only cut off your cock and balls. We'll get there. Eventually.
>>
>>82383329

>That'a a shitty false equivalence and you know it.

Whether someone is a man or a woman has an actual impact on the reality of our daily lives. It is an objective aspect of reality.

Whether the Earth is six thousand years old or four billion years old matters exactly fucking zilch. One may be true and one may be false, but it matters a sum-total of zero in my daily life outside of being a tidbit of information.

It's only a "shitty false equivalence" because you're a buttmad atheist SJW that seethes with rage at the idea of backwards "fundies" believing something unpopular despite nobody owning a time machine that can go back in time and see how old the Earth is for super sure, yet are completely apathetic when a man with objectively, empirically testable male DNA wants to claim to be a poly-gendered female dragon otherkin.

>It literally effects you in no meaningful way unless you are autistic.
Kind of like someone believing that the Earth is 6,000 years old?
You just stated you care very deeply about that. Did you just admit to being autistic?
>>
>>82383704
Who is "you"? The boogeyman of the week? You keep trying to shut down a conversation by making everyone who slightly disagrees with you, a cartoon.

That's why you should fuck off.
>>
>>82383594
>Transgenderism is a real thing. Creationism is not.

How can you not realise they're both the exact same made-up bullshit.

Just because a man claims he's a woman and dresses like one doesn't magically make it true, no more than a man claiming the earth was made yesterday and burning dinosaur fossils makes that true.
>>
>>82383650
So how should people who believe in magic invisible sky wizards be treated, anon?
>>
>>82383697
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVw5mnRI8Zw
>>
>>82383365

>DUDE, GET WITH THE TIMES GRANDPA!!!!!11!1

Thanks for the update. I'll be sure to update my understanding of "gender", just like I have updated my definition of "racism" to be "prejudice plus power, thusly being something blacks are incapable of in any situation".
>>
>>82383650
We do treat it, it's just that transitioning happens to be the best way of managing it. You could always research some alternative treatment if you think that's inadequate.
>>
>>82383734
>thoughtful discussion
>>
>>82383365
>"yeah by fucking uneducated old fart plebs"
>tfw some literal faggot born after 2000 thinks you're an old fart for remembering the 90s
>tfw this faggot is literally calling you "uneducated" for knowing more than him
>tfw when I'm "uneducated" because college didn't indoctrinate me
WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D

This was some concentrated stupid.
>>
>>82383740
A guy who claims the world is 6,000 years old is lying, anon.

A woman who identifys as transgendered is not.
>>
>>82383549
Chromosomes don't determine guders. Why have a distinction between Sex and gender if we are going to say any distinction between them is wrong?(Not a rhetorical question)

Gender is a social construct if you like it or not. How many genders are there? That's up to society to decide.

Social norms and behavior determines gender.

Chromosomes determines sex. Oh and there are more than two sex'es, dont get triggered.
>>
>>82383765
>it's just that transitioning happens to be the best way of managing it
Really depends on what your goal is, if your goal is to make them kill themselves ten years later, then sure, transitioning is really good.
>>
>>82383416

>What's the alternative? Autistically debate established facts and give denisl groups ammo to undermine real science?

Funny how you mention this, considering Liberals are currently debating established facts about biology in order to undermine real science.
>>
>>82381848
>Is Bill Nye simply just adapting to new times?
He's updating the show to reflect modern science.
>>
>>82383809
>debating established facts about biology
What are these established facts?
>>
File: 1493871497851.jpg (45KB, 740x721px) Image search: [Google]
1493871497851.jpg
45KB, 740x721px
>>82383724
>the concrete, testable and scientific methods used to date the age of the earth, which effects geology and our study of the planet
>is not important to my life
>but what people personally identify themselves in terms of gender
>effects my life so much that I am bothered by it
>pshh, what really is the age of the earth anyway? Like, it doesnt matter!
Holy shit you are a combination of asspained and absolutely retarded.
>>
>>82383485

>Fuck, how did America become such a hotbed for babies?

Says the guy defending people who shit their pants if you don't use their made-up gender.

If you don't want America to be a "hotbed for babies", then how about this:
They man up and fucking deal with not being referred to as their """preferred pronoun"""?
>>
>>82383485
That "so what they're not hurting anyone" attitude is incredibly irresponsible
>>
>>82383809
>LIBERALS LIBERALS LIBERALS LIBERALS LIBERALS LIBERALS LIBERALS
it's getting tiresome, go back to your blompf threads faggot.
>>
>>82383791
>A woman who identifys as transgendered is not.

A man who identifies as a airplane is not lying.
Ok.
>>
>>82381927
/pol/ IS always right.
>>
>>82383854
>respecting individual Americans and their right to live how they want
>somehow requires those who are asspained about it to make them "man up"
You don't see the irony in your posts, do you? Like at all?
>>
>>82383791
Lying means you say something you know is false.

If someone's religion tells them something retarded, like that women can be born with penises, then they aren't lying, they're just wrong.
>>
Why do people who get upset about transsexuals think science is on their side? Research is precisely where this whole idea came from.
>>
>>82383444

>Telling students that transgenderism is a thing that exists?

It literally doesn't exist in a scientific capacity.
It's literally a social-trend based on made-up bullshit that pretends to be based on things like biology or science.

It sounds more like you want to be the only one who gets their religious beliefs pushed on the impressionable youth and funded with tax-payer money. You very clearly don't support the idea of objective non-partisanship. You just want YOUR sports-team privileged over the opposing one.
>>
>>82383864
It's not though...I don't want to fucking neighborhood watch people's genders you clod. Stop caring.
>>
>>82381950
because this is replacing scientific knowledge with an insane popular idea
this is like going back and editing Cosmos just because of some new flavour of the month religion says there are no stars
it'll pass eventually, it's just a fad
>>
>>82383485
Hmm. I kind of agree.

However, there are also people who want expensive hormone therapy treatments and surgeries to "correct" their bodies, and they want you and I to pay for them with our taxes, so no, the "it doesn't affect you" argument isn't entirely valid.
>>
>>82383791

>A woman who identifys as transgendered is not.

A woman claiming to be a man is literally, objectively either lying or delusional.

How are you not getting this?
>>
>>82383613
>every level of government
no, every level of government voters can feasibly remove the cancer of leftism from

lucky for the cancer, it's metastasized to any and every other part
>>
>>82383967
Yes it is. Just because you lack the foresight and are too childish to see how something harms society doesn't mean its "harmless".
>>
>>82383765
Except the suicide rates don't go down after a transition. If we're actually talking success (the tranny doesn't pop themselves and lives a full and happy life), the transition is a completely worthless in terms of success. But "scientists" just view "close enough" as a success, and ignore the long term applications of the therapy.

>>82383947
You mean the "study" that resulted in the destruction of man's life because a scientist kept hounding him endlessly? Where the dude eventually killed himself because of that obnoxious scientist?
>>
>>82384001
No tax money goes to hormone therapy or sex reassignment surgery...that's not how it works.
>>
>>82383947
Tumblr is not research. It's just a safe space for 14 year old girls. Like you.
>>
Honestly the issue isn't so much with the individuals transitioning, I view them as basically the same degenerates who get face tattoos or extreme body modding, the wider issue is trying to force societal acceptance and by far the worst part, forcing this shit on children.

Anyone who advocates for hormone therapy for children or puberty blockers are fucking insane.
>>
>>82383939
>women can be born with penises
women can be born with penises. About 4-5 out of every 100,000 births.
>>
>>82383995
Just because scientific consensus doesn't mesh with your world view doesn't make it not true.
>>
>>82383485
You know that trannies relied on Obamacare, right?

>who cares lmao
Neck yourself, goon.
>>
>>82384034
Move to North Korea then if you get off to policing people's lives, faggot.
>>
>>82383791
No, they're both operating on faith.
>>
BILL NYE THE SCIENCE DENIER GUY
>>
who gives a fuck about trannies they all an hero anyway wew lad
>>
>>82383746
most don't claim to encounter "new" phenomenon. Unless they actually are schizo, it's limited to interpretation of already existing things

the entirety of our ancestors didn't have a mental disorder because they thought rain was created by a god
>>
>>82384069
>You know that trannies relied on Obamacare, right?
To my knowledge, ACA never covered sex reassignment surgery.
>>
>>82384071
>If you care about your society, you must be a totalitarian control freak

Then let me fuck your ten year old sister. It's not hurting YOU so who gives a fuck?
>>
>>82384040
I didn't say "that's how it works" but rather "that's how they want it to work." They're fighting for this to be covered by the government and paid for with our taxes. Yes, this is an issue that affects you, even if you don't think it really does.

It's the same with homeopathic medicine: it's bullshit, but I wouldn't have an issue with it if there weren't people trying to legitimize it and get it covered by the government.
>>
>>82383956
All social trends are made up bullshit.

You being a male or a loser are based on social norms. Right now there is a dissonance between social norms and our laws which has created an outcry in the baby-leftists which ultimately took things a long way past anything that could be called a social norm.
But before all this left/right bullshit, i'd bet that no one here would have any kind of reaction to someone calling tranies a gender(Not a sex).
>>
>>82383791
>identifys
I have no problem with this

the actual problem comes in when it is then turned around and requires others to buy into it, and eventually by law
>>
>>82384019
Besides sounding unhinged as fuck, it made no sense.
>>
>>82381927
>explenation
>>
>>82383796
>gender is a social construct
a social construct manifesting from genetic predispositions premised upon sexual dymorphism
>>
>>82382554

It's a disorder, not a new gender.

>A person is born with an extra finger
>"Guess we'd better change the anatomy books, humans as a species have 5-6 fingers!"
>>
>>82384119
Actually, if you handed her over to a movie producer or something, that's your foot in the door for a career in hollywood!

Why isn't this legal and encouraged now that life has no standards?!
>>
>>82383841

>the concrete, testable and scientific methods used to date the age of the earth, which effects geology and our study of the planet

There is literally no scientific test that can take a rock and objectively tell how long ago it became the Earth. Unless you count carbon-dating, which is notoriously inaccurate.

The estimation of Earth's age is exactly that: Estimation. It's based on observing trends and patterns and making educated guesses. There is no machine you can pop a rock into and it will blip an accurate date of its creation on an LED.

The fact that you don't know this is shocking, considering you are condescendingly talking down to people from a supposedly superior position of scientific knowledge.

Then again, you ARE triggered by the fact that people aren't using your preferred pronouns or calling men "women" just because they want to be women, so chances are you are completely fucking retarded.
>>
>>82383864
only insofar as the premise is true, which it isn't. Their delusions are hurting others
>>
>>82384119
>let me pull an extreme false equivolence to justify why I want to be an authoratarian fuckboi and police people's gender identities now
Sorry I don't slobber on Big Brother's cock like a moralistic slave, anon. How in your mind, are you then any better than a SJW?
>>
>>82383839

That men are not women and women are not men.
>>
>>82383947
>science proves transsexuals
how?
>>
So to the transgender freaks trying to justify their illness by saying "it doesn't hurt anyone":

What about your parents?
>>
>>82384209
>There is literally no scientific test that can take a rock and objectively tell how long ago it became the Earth. Unless you count carbon-dating, which is notoriously inaccurate.
WEW BOY. I stopped reading after this. Enjoy the only (you) here.
>>
but kids are still learning about chromosomes in schools, right? They still teach that stuff, RIGHT?!
>>
>>82382890
All you're saying is based on the popular simplification that your chromosomes determine your sex. In fact, there is a single sex determining gene on the Y chromosome called SRY and that's what determines whether you have a wee-wee and are male. People with abnormal y chromosomes can be born with no SRY gene and they are born as women. XXY males with a normal y chromosome are still males despite their infertility and other problems. So chromosomes still to determine sex.
>>
>>82384159
>government is merely elected office
uh, leftards?
>>
>>82383931

Holy shit the irony here is fucking staggering.

>the people crying over their made-up terms not being used are not being babies
>the people not changing their behavior for completely made-up and mentally ill reasons ARE babies

This is why SJW's are getting shit on and losing popularity. You've reached a critical mass of stupidity and logical contradictions.
>>
>>82384282
Nope, it went the way of creationism.
>>
>>82384282
No. They're too busy learning about the important stuff, like diversity.
>>
>>82382401
he fell for the social science is real science meme!
>>
>>82383328
Somebody with Klinefelter's Syndrome does NOT live a 'healthy normal life', retard.
>>
>>82383895

>Liberals aren't the ones pushing the tranny/gender queery shit.

Oh, thank you for clearing that up for me.
Guess I just entirely imagined the last 20 years of my life.
>>
>>82384120
They are mostly fighting for private insurance companies to cover reassignment surgeries anon, and if we still have a workable public option, your tax dollars go towards any/all listed and available surgeries covered. Not JUST/ONLY reassignment surgeries.
>>
>>82384186
What about some of the rare cases of sex? There is a link between gender and sex in today society, but it doesn't necessarily have to be true. Gender is not sex, and trying to merge the two is stupid and pointless.
>>
>>82381948
definitions are changing. get with the times, gramps.
>>
>>82384316
>>82384332
How do you guys know? I'm being completely serious. Do they really not teach kids about chromosomes and sexual gender anymore?
>>
>>82384312
It's a pretty good point. A baby isn't going to cry if you "misgender" them. They aren't going to care.

Meanwhile, babies can be incredibly stubborn.
>>
>>82384312
>you
I think you have poor reading comprehension.
>>
>>82384241
>Accuses me of false equivalence
>After he compares caring about what is and is not socially acceptable in socoety to being a North Korean totalitarian communist

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: turner.png (1MB, 1509x980px) Image search: [Google]
turner.png
1MB, 1509x980px
>>82384203
You're an idiot. There are a lot of chromosomal disorders that has an effect on sexual organs.
>>
>>82383328
>With some exceptions.

there are no exceptions XX is ALWAYS female and XY is ALWAYS male.
>>
>>82384348
>conservatives are a dindu nuffin because some liberals on Tumblr cry a lot
>>
>>82383931

So then why can't you "respect individual Americans and their right to live how they want" by not challenging them when they say the Earth is 6,000 years old?

It's funny how the expectation to change is always on the people you politically oppose and never, ever on yourself. God forbid you Tumblr shitheads follow your own professed beliefs.
>>
>>82383438
>>82383463
There was some lectuer are university who explained that futa isn't gay. And it isn't, as long as a futa (without balls) is fucking a woman. If it's fucking another futa; gay. If it's fucking a man; gay. If it's a man fucking a futa; gay. Balls or not. Futa x Female = 1 Penis, Male x Female = 1 Penis. If a futa (which is a biological impossibility and thus is entering the realm of tentacle rape and monster porn and people not dying being fucked by giant horse dicks) then it's as gay as hetero.

tl;dr if you don't want to be gay, you gotta watch female x female, no toys. That's the only way to be safe. As there is a dick involved with hetero, dicks are gay.
>>
>>82384351
>private insurance company ups my rates because they have to cover trans issues
>i pay more for somebody else's problems
>"it doesn't affect you, though"

Moot point anyhow since they're also pushing for universal healthcare.
>>
>>82384444
>you
Will you quit it with that shit?
>>
>>82381887
>It's been that way long before SJWs
In 2014 and prior to that LITERALLY NO ONE made a difference between gender and sex.
>>
>>82383328
Wrong. XX = Female, XY = Male. That's it. End of. XXY, X, Y, XYY and all the other shit are not 'exceptions' they are a very specific thing. If you're XX, just XX, you're female. If you're XY, just XY, then you're male. End of.
>>
>>82383765

>We do treat it, it's just that transitioning happens to be the best way of managing it.

Just like the best way of managing Schizophrenia is by surgically mutilating a man who believes he is Napoleon to look more like Napoleon.

"Sex-Changes" literally only exist because of lobbying. No other set of delusions is prescribed the same treatment. And if they were, those people would probably kill themselves even less frequently than trannies.
>>
>>82384426
Yeah, and you can file those under, "People with an excuse to be confused about gender"

The fact that psychology has abandoned the treatment of people with purely MENTAL problems is criminal.
>>
>>82384377
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhiGNo6yCtw
>>
>>82384476
Can we agree that our insurance system is just fucked all around and that we need a single payer then?
>>
>>82384429
Do you feel like being proven wrong today?

There can be a translocation during meiosis where the SRY gene is translocated to the X chromosome. If this sperm fertilizes an egg and becomes XX the baby can is born with a penis. The doctor may not even notice anything is wrong with the child.

In fact there are cases where the person leads a completely normal life until they try to have children, can't, and it is then found out that their entire lives they have been XX.
>>
>>82384426
O shit there is a third sex
Turner-Syndromes

As a side-note, I am turner-syndrome-lesbian-curious but worried my conservative parents will think I've just spent too much time on tumblr.
>>
>>82384504
wrong.
>>
>gender doesn't exist
>race doesn't exist
>white males are evil
>>
>>82384537
I can agree it's fucked in America but I have no solutions.
>>
>>82383329
>>82383841

>The exact date of the Earth from a time before humanity itself, much less myself or anyone I know even existed is of massive, tremendous importance to me and can never be compromised on.
>Robert now claims to be a female otherkin? lol who cares? xD your autistic if you dont compromise and constantly change your behavior to be acceptable to him

This logic really roasted my almonds.
>>
>>82384587
I know right? It's dare I say, a white genocide!
>>
File: 1366607476181.jpg (94KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
1366607476181.jpg
94KB, 500x563px
>>82381848
>WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AT WAR WITH EASTASIA

BILL NYE THE DYSTOPIAN HISTORY REVISING PSEUDOSCIENCE LIBERAL FASCIST TRANNY KUCKOLD GUY
>>
>>82384363
>the rare cases of sex
the extremely rare cases of sex are classified properly as disorders, deviations from the norm

>stupid and pointless
dismissing any particular human quality for political belief is worse than stupid and pointless, it's counterproductive and leads to suffering

>there is a link between gender and sex in today's society
as opposed to any other society? Why is it humanity is exempt from sexual dimorphism? Are ants' roles merely social constructs?

Denying a norm exists to cater to less than 1 percent of the population is idiocy and bad for society
>>
>>82384426

And that's all they are, disorders.

Crossed wires and loose screws in ones genetic code. Conditions to be prevented and treated. Abnormalities that a bunch of crazed, naive, feeling-obsessed idiots are insanely trying to classify as "normal".
>>
>>82384514
I love this clip. It's one of the most depressing and anxiety-inducing things I've seen in a while. MDE did have some good stuff, no matter what anyone said. This was probably the best, along with Chris going to prison.
>>
>>82383655

>They are turning Leftism into the new Papacy.

Fixed that for you.
They only embrace science as authority when it conveniently coincides with their beliefs. When it doesn't, it's either quietly ignored our outright contested.
>>
>>82384333
What are you even talking about? Do you know where you are right now?
>>
>>82384420
>t. poor reading skills
>>
>>82384426
>a lot
you're confusing variety with quantity, the amount of people are properly an extreme abnormality

and those are people with something to complain about, and should be handled as exceptions, which they are

and does your run of the mill cut-my-dick-offington have one of these sexual organ disorders? or is it purely a mental state with no identifiable corresponding physical condition?
>>
File: 645845441_o.jpg (162KB, 1280x856px) Image search: [Google]
645845441_o.jpg
162KB, 1280x856px
>>82384620
problematic shit-lord
>>
>>82384612
Your passive aggressiveness is a spectrum.
>>
>>82384573
But this is why there is useful with a distinction between chromosomal sex and social gender. People here are just emotional about it because of the left and they think if they allow a difference then suddenly all links between sex and gender disappears, but social norms dont work like that. People will still get as angry when they discover they have been misled by a "girl" with a dick. and they will still laugh at the obviously male looking female.
>>
>>82384600
I like how you are just making arguments in your head now and pretending people are responding how you expect so you can dish out your pre-approved responses, especially while ignoring how your entire argument is a false equivocation.

You probably aren't that smart and need government to tell you right from wrong so you don't eat packaging peanuts and kill yourself.
>>
>>82381887
yes.
>>
>>82384725
>mfw my dad has this poster at his business
>>
>>82384665
You mean, like conservatives and climate change?
>>
>>82383967

Yes, let's let the mental ill that want to amputate their own limbs or blind themselves with drain-cleaner carte blanche to do so. That's not irresponsible at all.
I mean, stopping them would be "neighborhood watching" their bodies!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_integrity_identity_disorder

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/psychologist-blinds-woman-drain-cleaner-6552282

https://youtu.be/SeeIrnTdQuE
>>
>>82384809
Yes. The left is just as terrible and retarded as the right. Also, the middle is pretty fucked, too.
>>
>>82382114

This

A lot of conservatives love Biology due to its hard facts and science
>>
>>82384745
>this is why there is a useful distinction
where was that shown? How does an *exceptional* condition prove a distinction that otherwise doesn't exist?
>>
>>82384867
>far left and far right are terrible
fixed that for you
>>
>>82383585

>he thinks he would win a second crusade

nice homogeneous society bro... oh
>>
>>82384893
No, everyone is fucking retarded.
>>
>>82384865
>fake Herry Springer video, the Mirror and Wikipedia
Holy shit, stop posting. We get it, you are authoritarian and want morality police to march into people's homes and govern their bodies. This may not be the country for you.
>>
File: 1434195187764.jpg (32KB, 520x416px) Image search: [Google]
1434195187764.jpg
32KB, 520x416px
>>82383626
>there are plenty of school curriculums and museums that prove Creationism exists.

same could have been said for Scientology
>>
>>82383947

>Why do people who get upset about transsexuals think science is on their side?

Because it is.
Were you under the impression that science supported the idea of a woman's brain magically and inexplicably being born into a man's body with no other symptoms?
Did you think science has empirical, measurable evidence for the existence of poly-gender otherkin?
>>
>>82384942
im not reeeeeeeee.
>>
>>82384942
There are completely rational conservstives, moderates and liberals in the world, kiddo. Go outside. These echo chambers make them seem louder than they are.
>>
>>82381848
I always find it amazing that somehow a BS in Mechanical Engineering qualifies you to be a "Scientific Expert" propped up by the media.

Say what you will about Neil deGrasse Tyson, but at least he has a PhD and several first-author publications, and has been hired for positions in academia.

Bill Nye's knowledge of science is probably worse than my car mechanic.
>>
>>82381887
>The Earth is flat. It's been that way long before scientists started crying about it.
>>
>>82384889
>A lot of conservatives love Biology
Kek, just not when it comes to evolutionary biology. Which iz also a hard science.
>>
>>82382074
but that would be racist
>>
>>82385022
Yet liberals hate evolutionary psychology. Funny
>>
>>82384620
>deviations from the norm
A distinction between sex and gender fixes this. And its already being used that way in science.

>dismissing any particular human quality for political belief is worse than stupid and pointless.
I'm not dismissing anything. Social norms say that XY, is male and XX is female, and That will remain as long as its the social norm.
You are dismissing an established distinction for political belief however.

>Why is it humanity is exempt from sexual dimorphism?
We aren't, i never said we were. But we are the only one with a complex enough language that we might find a distinction between sex and gender useful. Why don't you stick to arguing against claims i make instead.
>>
>>82384865
>Jerry Springer video as a source
Anon...
>>
File: 1492211288300.png (4KB, 224x217px) Image search: [Google]
1492211288300.png
4KB, 224x217px
>>82384942
LETS MAKE IT SIMPLE AND UNARGUABLY FACTUAL

ANYONE WHO THINKS YOU CAN CHOOSE A GENDER DIFFERENT FROM YOUR SEX IS FUCKING RETARDED
>>
>>82383626
>this is what Americans actually believe
>>
>>82384769

>I like how you are just making arguments in your head now and pretending people are responding how you expect so you can dish out your pre-approved responses, especially while ignoring how your entire argument is a false equivocation.

Again, coming from the guy that calls people "babies" for not calling men "women", but thinks shitting yourself over not getting your preferred pronouns in every conversation, this is fucking hilarious.

Your lack of self-awareness is fucking staggering.
You're on par with the trend of millennial "protesters" who beat the shit out of homeless black women for expressing the wrong opinion, and believe they are "fighting fascism".

The fact-blindness is staggering.
>>
>>82385047
No they don't. Also, did you just compare psychology to biology?
>>
>>82383471
You don't have to put tolerant and progressive in quotes. I am tolerant and progressive, and open minded. You're just afraid of change, uncomfortable in some weird way about what other peoples personal business is.
>>
>>82385022
>conservative equals religion
uh, it's 2017 shitlord, that wing couldn't even beat trump

take your strawman back to when fedoraism was popular
>>
>>82385004
Same with Brian Cox, at least he has an actual PhD and gives lectures at a university.

And a UK number one
>>
>>82385094
I like how this post just proves you both A. have poor reading comprehension and B. can only invent strawmen.

Stay assmad, faggot.
>>
>>82381961
this is an argument i have heard atheists make in regards to religion vs science

science is superior because if its wrong, it just changes. but i get confused because it sounds like they are bascially admitting science has faults.
>>
>>82385084
You're retarded.
>>
>>82385132
>Trumpfags don't consider themselves conservative
Kek
>>
File: sort.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sort.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>82385122
>other peoples personal business

ITS XHE AND XIR, SHITLORD

USE MY CHOSEN PRONOUNS OR BE FIRED YOU NAZI
>>
>>82382009
american education, everybody.
>>
>>82385166
>a self-correcting system
>"fault"
>>
>>82384809

Determining someone's sex is something that can be done objectively and empirically through a DNA test. It is falsifiable.

Climate-models predicting global doom if everyone doesn't buy a Prius are not only NOT falsifiable, they have also been repeatedly proven to be wrong over and over again in the past.

There are also actual scientists who can verify that "Global Warming" is overblown and can back it up with evidence.
There are no scientists that both honestly believe women can magically be born as men AND have evidence to back it up.

Nice false-equivalence though. I can tell you're getting upset when you resort to "B-B-B-BUT MUH CLIMATE CHANGE!!!???...."
>>
File: mental illness chart.jpg (174KB, 1600x1950px) Image search: [Google]
mental illness chart.jpg
174KB, 1600x1950px
>>82385175
YOU'RE A HELICOPTER

THERE ARE 2 GENDERS, 2 SEXES, THEY ALWAYS CORRESPOND
>>
>>82385209
What's the big fucking deal? Taking a quarter of a second for some common courtesy is that hard for you? I'll bet you spend more time holding doors open for people you'll never see again, why can't you extend that same basic human niceness to your coworkers?
>>
>>82385228
>not falsifiable
>proven to be wrong
english is not my native tongue, can you elaborate?
>>
File: 1492893181687.png (39KB, 600x443px) Image search: [Google]
1492893181687.png
39KB, 600x443px
>>82385228
Oh, so I'm dealing with a retard then? I am curious as to why this website attracts science deniers. It honestly does baffle me. Is it to be contrarian? Or is this just the last place left you think anyone tolerates you?
>>
File: 1396559208680.png (92KB, 280x267px) Image search: [Google]
1396559208680.png
92KB, 280x267px
>>82385240
>trans-am
>>
>>82385258
Because they are autistic.
>>
>>82385240
You're retarded.
>>
>>82385258
>Taking a quarter of a second for some common courtesy is that hard for you

have fun memorising tens of genders, hoping not to fuck up under fear of legal action

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/18/de-blasio-fine-businesses-wrong-gender-pronouns/
>>
>>82385224
>a "self-correcting system"
>aka a wrong system
>>
File: 1492139827707.png (43KB, 141x149px) Image search: [Google]
1492139827707.png
43KB, 141x149px
>>82381887
>>
>>82384952

>Fuck you evidence, I have beliefs!

Ah, the battle between SJW's and facts continues.

You're right. "Body Integrity Disorder" has never been observed. It was made up by those Jews at Wikipedia.
That woman never had her psychologist blind her with drain-cleaner. The horrific photos and police documentation are all fake.

Ignorance is Strength.
There is no truth but the truth of The Party.
>>
>>82385376
There is no legal action literally anywhere in the US that punishes you for getting a pronoun wrong...
>>
>>82385420
...yet.
>>
>>82385378
So your argument is that self-correcting is bad? You rather we have unchanging beliefs over thousands of years and never progress society at all? You sound like a dumb faggot.
>>
>>82385054
>fixes this
nothing is broken and requires fixing. Certainly an entirely new concept isn't warranted because exceptions to the rule """identify""" as a certain gender
>it's already being used that way in science
gender as merely a psychological manifestation of sex, and not distinct from sex, is entirely scientific. Maintaining it isn't part of sex is as delusional as trannies

>social norms say that
no, they are male and female, it's not a social norm, it's genetic predisposition
>you are dismissing an established distinction
the way you and others are characterizing it is not "established" in any way whatsoever. Gender as distinct from sex, if even claimed, is a completely new and aberrant claim

>try arguing against claims I made instead
>"trying to merge the two is stupid and pointless"

>we might find a distinction useful
is completely different from
>the two concepts are not part of the same thing
maintaining that gender is a psychological manifestation of sex is proper, whereas maintaining that gender is a psychological manifestation that is merely related to or unrelated completely to sex is what is being contested
>>
File: StarCampusDebate.jpg (445KB, 600x1013px) Image search: [Google]
StarCampusDebate.jpg
445KB, 600x1013px
>>82385258
>NORMALIZING MENTAL ILLNESS
>SUBMITTING TO THE CONTROL OF LIBERAL FASCISM
>MAKING IT ILLEGAL TO NOT USE APPROVED NEWSPEAK

SORT IT OUT SHITLIB

>>82385346
RESPECT MY PRONOUNS SHITLORD MY GENDER IS RETARDKIN YOU WILL SAY DUHH AND DURR
>>
File: wuwuwuw-1.jpg (63KB, 760x960px) Image search: [Google]
wuwuwuw-1.jpg
63KB, 760x960px
>>82385240
helicopter is a gender tho you cis gendered scum!
>>
>>82385444
>muh slippery slope
Again, there isn't.
>>
>>82385463
You're retarded.
>>
>>82385420
>The maximum civil fine that the commission may impose upon “misgendering” is $125,000. But when the violation is the “result of willful, wanton, or malicious conduct,” the maximum fine can double to $250,000.

It's right there in the article. Is the article wrong?
>>
>>82385463
>i am so fucking angry and antisocial and bitter and contrarian, bitter, hateful, spiteful
>i am the voice of reason
no
>>
>>82385396
The Jerry Springer video was fake and you got a news article from one of the most tabloid sites imaginable.

Are you baiting me?
>>
>>82385483
I'm not making any kind of argument at all. Just funning on you.
>>
>>82385448
no, my argument is you are making up the bullshit "self correcting" when you should just say wrong and at least be honest.

you sound like a triggered fedora, stay mad.
>>
>>82385199
literally what? you just equated religion with conservatism and I'm calling you a *fucking retard* because christfags were opposed to trump in the primaries

what the fuck are you on, cunt?
>>
>>82385496
Did you read the entire article, or even the law in question?
>>
File: 1493076336050.png (284KB, 637x326px) Image search: [Google]
1493076336050.png
284KB, 637x326px
>>82385493
KEK STAY MAD NUTTER

YOUR FETISHES ARE NOT YOUR GENDER DUMBASS, PUSHING THIS TO BE THE CASE WITH THE USE OF THE FASCIST LIBERAL STATE IS WHATS MENTALLY ILL

>>82385517
>>FACTS
>no
YOU WIN THIS TIME! LMAO
>>
>>82385022

>Which iz also a hard science

The parts that conservatives disagree with aren't hard-sciences. They are speculative-science areas.

Nobody's disputing borwn moths surviving while white moths die out.
What's being disputed is the speculation that life with fully-functioning, self-replicating DNA arose spontaneously out of fucking nothing, and then through eons of luck and inbreeding it somehow never ran into a catastrophic dead end and instead produced monkeys that produced humans with superior intellectual capacity and fee will.

Saying that disagreeing with that theory means you "deny evolutionary biology" is like saying someone "denies Bernoulli's principle of lift" because they disagreed with the assertion that the UFO's that came to Earth and built the pyramids had propulsion systems that utilized Bernoulli's principle of lift.

You're taking skepticism of one specific idea and applying it to a massive, all-inclusive sector of science, because it would benefit your argument.

It's textbook Strawmanning. Not even meme-Strawmanning.
>>
>>82385608
You're retarded.
>>
>>82385539
>christfags were opposed to trump in the primaries
You prepared to double down on this?
>>
>>82385258
I don't extend the courtesy to children who think they're godzilla, why would I as to the mentally ill who actually need help and aren't going through a phase

encouraging mental illness is not right

however in reality I would do as little as possible to upset a mentally ill tranny because the mentally ill are more likely to cause a scene or get violent or otherwise unbecoming, so I would refer to them as "they" or "you" or something, before leaving as soon as possible
>>
>>82385163

>buzzwords

Keep crying over people not using your preferred pronouns, cuck.
>>
>>82385621
>They are speculative-science areas.
Stopped reading, bud.
>>
>>82381948
That's such bullshit, why don't people that want to have a different gender than their natural sex need hormone therapy?

Men naturally have more testosterone, so your argument is that testosterone doesn't affect behavior
>>
>>82385661
>cuck cuck cuck
Ah yes, I'm triggered
>>
>>82385258
>>82385343

So do you two also frequently provide milk and rubbings for otherkin that think they are a cat?
Do you also tell men that think they are birds how beautiful their imaginary feathers are?

I mean, come on, not doing so would be "autistic", right?....
>>
We could of had flying cars by now or even personal jetpacks or colonizing mars.
Instead science is stuck talking about 4chan shitpost memes about trannys and shit.
>>
>>82385483
>muh slippery slope
you realize this isn't a counter argument?
you realize this is especially retarded when there is in fact effort to criminalize, and has not been wholly unsuccessful?

and what about short of criminalization? students and faculty facing punishment of any kind at university? curriculum recognition of this aberration?

It's not merely individuals harming themselves
>>
>>82385621
You sound like you have no real concept of evolutionary biology, mate.
>>
>>82385457
We are clearly not on the same page on what we are arguing here. And i see no point in continuing if we cant agree on that.

I'm not trying to say that there is no link between sex and gender.
What i'm saying is that the word gender refers to a different thing than sex. This is well established.

>completely new and aberrant claim
>the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).
"traditional concepts of gender"

Literaly first result on google.
>completely new and aberrant claim
yea
>>
>>82385306

>Well-thought-out arguments that explain logical reasoning? Fuck that, take a look at this UNSOURCED CHART.
>Also, I baselessly called you names and addressed NOTHING in the previous argument. Ha, BTFO.

I love how climatology has LITERALLY become a religion at this point.
People arguing for it aren't even PRETENDING to understand the supposed science behind it. They just say it's true and if you ask any questions FUCK YOU BILL NYE SAID YOU WERE STUPID SO HA.
>>
>>82385621
>le abiogenesis is evolutionary biology meme

RETARD ALERT
>>
>>82385258

Why can't you extend the same courtesy to people who think the Earth is 6,000 years old?

If it's so easy why can't you do it too?
>>
>>82385640
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/07/21/churchgoing-republicans-once-skeptical-of-trump-now-support-him/
>An analysis of Republican and Republican-leaning registered voters at three points over a roughly five month period shows that by April, Trump was the preferred nominee of just 34% of those who attend religious services weekly, including 15% who had been steady supporters (i.e., had consistently supported him across the three separate surveys in December 2015, March 2016 and April 2016). Two-thirds of regular churchgoing Republicans were not supporting Trump for the GOP nomination even in April. This includes 57% who were Trump “skeptics,” having not expressed support for Trump as the GOP nominee in any of the three surveys conducted mainly online among participants in the Pew Research Center’s American Trends Panel between December and April.
>>
>>82385768
Some people can accept that people who spend years studying and researching something know more than them. Dunning Kruger effect, is a thing.

And its funny how the deniers get destroyed when they try to argue against an actual researcher on the field.
>>
File: 1491959935047.png (616KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1491959935047.png
616KB, 1070x601px
>>82385629
YOURE DELUSIONAL :^)
>>
>>82385299

They are not falsifiable until after a given date.

When some """green""" technology company puts out an article in TIME Magazine that says "California will be underwater by 2010!", it technically can't be proven wrong until AFTER 2010 has come and gone, by which point the argument is null anyway.

The predictions are not falsifiable because they can't be tested until after the fact. And after the fact, they are proven to have been incorrect.

Hence the public's frustration and skepticism.

Keep in mind before "Climate Change" is was "Global Warming".
Before that it was El Nino.
Before that it was "Global Cooling".

People have noticed a pattern.
>>
>>82385760
>we are clearly not on the same page
I tried laying it out for you clearly and you didn't read or couldn't comprehend it, so I'll repost it for you
>maintaining that gender is a psychological manifestation of sex is proper,
>whereas maintaining that gender is a psychological manifestation that is merely related to or unrelated completely to sex is what is being contested
>>
File: 15_co2_left_061316 (1).gif (21KB, 700x453px) Image search: [Google]
15_co2_left_061316 (1).gif
21KB, 700x453px
>>82385768
>unsourced
Here, this is from NASA. What bullshit are you on about? That hard climate science is a religion? Kek, nice meme.

I literally keep a dozen charts in hand for people like you. Feel free to refute the data, you'd be the first.
>>
>>82385884
>person who is actually appealing to authority citing to the Dunning Kruger effect
l m a o
>>
File: 1478501655657.jpg (34KB, 633x624px) Image search: [Google]
1478501655657.jpg
34KB, 633x624px
>>82382284
>>82383008

HOLY FUCKING KEK
these images are pure gold
>>
>>82385892
You're retarded.
>>
>>82385835
I'm sure that demo has changed since.
>>
>>82385945
I'm not appealing to authority, because I didn't make an argument for or against. I do however trust overwhelming the scientific consensus.

You fucking idiot.
>>
>>82381887
>gender
>sex
>he/she
It's like English was invented for this insanity.
None of this shit can take hold in countries without gendered pronouns.
>>
>>82385483

>muh slippery slope

This isn't an argument.

You know what a "precedent" is, right?
An event that allows or at least influences further events to be possible or more possible, correct? Is that a concept you can grasp?

I really don't understand why it's only a "slippery slope" when logical people are worried about precedents.
When it's SJW's it is "YOU CAN'T MISGENDER SOMEONE, NEXT YOU'LL BE PUTTING TRANNIES IN AUCHWITZ!!!!!!", but that is somehow NOT a "muh slippery slope".
>>
>>82385942
>co2
if you disregard models that rely on feedback loops, you can disregard co2 levels being the end of earth as well

the thing that gets me about climate change is that proponents never address the alternative arguments. Even accepting climate change is real and as disastrous as the alleged reputable reports say, which is nowhere near imminent flooding of coasts, where is the supreme danger we need to sacrifice our economy for?

wouldn't opening the entirety of places like siberia and north america be a net boon for the world? Where is the moral obligation coming in for a country like the US to care?
>>
>>82382564
and as Sheldon constantly reminds us that's not science
>>
File: fig1.gif (28KB, 709x366px) Image search: [Google]
fig1.gif
28KB, 709x366px
>>82386071
>you can disregard co2 levels
Wew, you are baiting me right?

Here is longer data. You can find this featured on NASA's website too.
>>
File: 1492986731524.png (137KB, 478x621px) Image search: [Google]
1492986731524.png
137KB, 478x621px
>>82385981
YOU ARE UPSET ABOUT BEING UNABLE TO ARGUE AGAINST FACTS :^)
>>
File: 1492893697700.gif (749KB, 630x350px) Image search: [Google]
1492893697700.gif
749KB, 630x350px
>>82386071
Oh here is this too
>>
>>82386005
>i do trust the overwhelming scientific consensus
>doesn't even understand what appealing to authority is
>calls others idiots
l m a o

>>82385999
>I'm sure that demo has changed since
lol, I'm sure it has too, but the point is that they had no effect on THE conservative election process. Supporting trump over Hilary is no longer mere arguments over conservative belief, it becomes a strategic voting prerogative.

christfags have no chokehold over conservative like leftists wish they did, in fact virtually every leftist strawman is becoming a distant memory
>>
File: 24_co2-graph-021116-768px.jpg (248KB, 768x480px) Image search: [Google]
24_co2-graph-021116-768px.jpg
248KB, 768x480px
>>82386071
>Even accepting climate change is real
Because it is
>>
>>82385884

>Some people can accept that people who spend years studying and researching something know more than them.

Oh good. So you accept the opinion of scientists with years of experience that say that the Global Warming scare has been overblown by the media?
>>
File: 933.png (217KB, 534x548px) Image search: [Google]
933.png
217KB, 534x548px
>>82385483
"Climate change" is a slippery slope argument. "Microaggression" (like "misgendering" someone) are also a slippery slope argument.

Also, the whole "Muh X" meme came from a racist cartoon so it's funny to see liberals use it.
>>
>>82386211
I didn't say any of that.
>>
>>82386134
You're retarded.
>>
>>82386005

>I'm not appealing to authority
>proceeds to appeal to authority

Fantastic.
>>
>>82386123
these purports to prove what? that the yet unforeseen feedback loops are correct in their charge?

deviations are not what they purport, they predict exponential increase with no snap back to mean
>>
>>82386207
Only like, three human beings on the planet are saying that...without real evidence.
>>
>>82386231
You haven't been accused of anything.
>>
>>82383365

Gender was literally made into a new term when that doctor caused a kid to commit suicide by forcing him to behave like a girl

That's what the transgender movement is based on
>>
>>82386205
>literally demonstrable of my point
do you even know what arguing in the alternative is?
>>
File: mainco2mappia18934.jpg (240KB, 1041x586px) Image search: [Google]
mainco2mappia18934.jpg
240KB, 1041x586px
>>82386249
>muh feedback loops
You need to stop using words you don't understand. The data is against your position bud, sorry.
>>
File: 4_c365-6-l.jpg (421KB, 1024x830px) Image search: [Google]
4_c365-6-l.jpg
421KB, 1024x830px
>>82386281
>please argue my alternative regardless of evidence or lack therof, wahhhh! I have no data to back up my assertions but please entertain me
No, faggot.
>>
>>82386335
>stop using words you don't understand
if you do understand what a feedback loop is, why are you addressing anything but future predictions

none of what you've posted in response has anything to do with what I've said, you're just shitting graphs as some sort of panacea
>>
>>82386197
>doesn't even understand what appealing to authority is

I guess I'm appealing to authority if I trust my teacher too then. Words have meanings.

and you wonder why you get called an idiot.
>>
>>82386396
I am showing you graphs of NOW, not future predictions you obtuse fuck. Temperatures are record highs, now. CO2 levels are record highs, now. Ozone is depleting, now. Net loss of all fucking ice sheets on the planet are overtaking yearly net gains, now.

It's like sitting in an oven and ignoring the fact that you are burning alive. You deniers have no facts, no data...nothing.
>>
>>82386377
>regardless of evidence
what?
>backup my assertions
what?

did you even read the post? I was addressing the case assuming climate change is a fact, and you keep trying to convince me of this already accepted assumption

you unironically don't know what arguing in the alternative is?
>>
File: 1458646738574.jpg (24KB, 581x406px) Image search: [Google]
1458646738574.jpg
24KB, 581x406px
>>82386377
LOOKS WAY BETTER NOW

CREATES NEW BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE CRUISE LINES

ENVIROSHITTERS PUT THE GAY PLANET OVER PEOPLE, YOUR GRANDCHILDRENS GRANDCHILDREN WILL ADAPT
>>
>>82386492
There isn't a viable alternative to argue anymore, the data overwhelmingly supports climate science. It's like entertaining that the earth is flat because a horizon line looks flat to you.

You aren't being scientific here.
>>
>>82386377
>climates and environments change
>the earth changes
Whoa. This is big.
>>
>>82386597
>this dumb copout meme
It isn't that the earth changes, it's human impact that accelerates those changes and those effects.

Fully grown fucking adults are still struggling with this, huh?
>>
>>82386597
Those glaciers aren't supposed to be completely fucking gone in less than 100 years.
>>
>>82386659
They should arrest those glacier for breaking the laws of science, then.
>>
File: 1448065286570.png (273KB, 294x442px) Image search: [Google]
1448065286570.png
273KB, 294x442px
>>82386235
>IMAGINE BEING THIS MAD
KEK

BORN WITH A DICK, SEX IS MALE, GENDER IS MALE
FULLSTOP :^)
>>
>>82386624
>it's human impact that accelerates those changes and those effects
Heh. Prove it.
>>
>>82386685
A cheeky faggot, eh? You are dumb if you don't think humans had everything to do with that glacier's disappearance.

Do you think scientists keep warning you for shits and giggles anon?
>>
>>82386399
>when I trust me teacher
no, it's when you offer your teacher as an implicit argument

and that isn't inherently wrong, you're just denying it because you're simple and thing appealing to authority is always wrong or something. It's just ironic you use the dunning kruger effect and then engage in it simultaneously

>>82386474
>I'm showing you temperatures for now
so what does that have to do with what happens in the future?
>I'm showing you temperatures for now
which prove now, and none of the concerns I've raised, the points you and the entirety of your cult of doomsayers refuse to answer

it's as if artificial alteration of the earth is an innate sin that should be stopped regardless of the outcome

proving global warming is not the end of the argument, yet you all think it is for some reason

>ozone is depleting
this is partially what I'm talking about, you prove there is warming and then you don't even rationally analyze the effects or perform a cost benefit analysis for whether or not it's a net negative. Ozone is not depleting and has nothing to do with carbon emission you fucking idiot
>net loss of ice sheets
and? why is this inherently bad, or bad such that we should stop technological advancement

>it's like sitting in an oven and ignoring it burning you alive
again, this has nothing to do with what I've stated, and I've even granted to you global warming for argumentation purposes. You're a fucking religious zealot that doesn't want to argue anything other than your original sin theory
>>
>>82386724
Yeah, I just did. The planet already did. Scientists did. I literally just sourced 4 separate graphs on the relationship between CO2 and temperature.

Just a coincidence though ;) amirite?
>>
>>82386714
You're retarded.
>>
>>82386762
>Correlation does not imply causation
Better luck next time, kiddo.
>>
>>82386729
No I'm taking this conversation very seriously.
>>
>>82386596
>there isn't a viable alternative to argue
lmao you LITERALLY don't know what arguing in the alternative is, and on top of that you didn't even read the original post you've been attempting to lambaste me over

fucking lol this is ridiculous

how many times do I have to tell you you fucking idiot? I AM GRANTING YOU CLIMATE CHANGE FOR THE ARGUMENT, now address the alternative arguments presented in >>82386071
after "the thing that gets me"

good fucking lord how tedious and unwilling to engage you fucking morons are
Thread posts: 416
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.