/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Vince Gilligan the GOAT TV show writer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: vince gilligan.jpg (40KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
vince gilligan.jpg
40KB, 612x380px
dude just has a fundamental understanding of storytelling that is on a completely different level than most

of course he also has a great team of writers, he is still responsible for the general direction and general story of the show

The only 2 that come close are David Simon of the Wire and David Chase of the Sopranos
>>
reminder he predicted 9/11 with his episode of The Lone Gunmen
>>
The Wire has shitty writing. It's just semi-intelligent but put in the mouths of a ghetto project niggers seems ingenious because whoa so deep 4u. Sopranos is pleb garbage, and can only be enjoyed by cultureless ameritards.

Vince is eons ahead.
>>
>>82381346

Yep. Literally the only argument anyone has is that the worst plebs loved BrBa along with critics.

But those same plebs are complaining about BCS so it all comes around. Unironically bravo Gilligan, it's even more impressive that BrBa landed as well as it did despite the improv. We've seen what happened to BSG
>>
Explain seasons 4 and 5 of Breaking Bad then.
>>
>>82381437

Projection: You inexplicably sour on changes in settings and positions and are purely upset that the show didn't maintain the direction you predicted it will.

For some strange reason you have frowned on other shows being predictable and boring.
>>
>>82381431
so would you say that the writing in BB is more intelligent than the Sopranos and the Wire's writing

that's quite a claim, i don't necessary disagree with you, but you got to back it up more
>>
>>82381346
He is very good. But at the same time I wish that his stuff were more concentrated. Nothing happens is a semivalid criticism. Absolute heights of storytelling punctuated by blandness. Or maybe its the directing and editing that sometimes don't work.
>>
Yes, but it's because he wrote some of the est episdoes of The X Files. Great X Files episodes = best episodes of TV.
>>
>>82381346
>David chase
>Comes close in second

Vince Gilligan would be nothing without David you fuck
>>
David Simon was the only one that did the majority of writing on his show though..

you have to take into consideration that detail, not to hate on Chase or Gilligan who are both geniuses
>>
DUDE NEO NAZIS LMAO
>>
>>82381346
Reddit seems to think so. I wasn't crazy for BB Season 5 with Walt being a good guy and fighting comic book villains. I dropped BCS after season 1 since it's as interesting as watching shit dry.
>>
>>82381665
wjat
>>
I don't get /tv/'s hatred towards people who at least know on some level how to do their jobs. Another one is Zack Snyder.

There's a shit ton of writers and directors in the industry who are clearly in the wrong line of work. Never get any hate anywhere.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.