[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you realize sci-fi is dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: shit.png (2MB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
2MB, 800x1200px
>tfw you realize sci-fi is dead
>>
File: arr.jpg (36KB, 300x431px) Image search: [Google]
arr.jpg
36KB, 300x431px
except it isnt
>>
>>82375718
Low brow trash for all the kevin smiths of the world
>>82375679
all kinos except for Guardians
>>
File: The-Expanse3x3.jpg (3MB, 5760x3240px) Image search: [Google]
The-Expanse3x3.jpg
3MB, 5760x3240px
>>82375679
you're looking for it in the wrong places
>>
>>82375718

Movies in OPs pic was fun movies.

Your pic is a hard turd that your ass have to push really hard to get out and suddenly becomes full foutain of diarreah
>>
>>82375803
I always thought it was filtered down sci-fi for the TV audience, but those shots make it look really intruiging. I think I'll check it out, thanks, anon.
>>
>>82375876
Kek
>>
>>82375803
>bunch of screenshots prove the show is good
its just fucking shots, it means nothing if the plot is garbage and it is
>>
>>82376172
>if the plot is garbage and it is
Can you expand? I'm conflicted whether I should start watching the show or not.
>>
There's also that Blade Runner sequel on the way.

That's truly a grimdark dystopia.
>>
>>82375679
scifi was killed by cyberpunk.

the notion that our technologies were going to liberate us ratger than be used for mass oppression is such a pre-80s vision of the future. that you clinged to it for so long is a testament to the penetration of tge mythos into our collective unconscious, but yge sooner errbody realizes technology will only be used to kill, entrap, and enslave the better off we'll be.

ps. your guns aint doing shit to keep you free from a president with predator drones and no ethics or restraint
>>
>>82376230
It's not the plot that's garbage. It's the main actor. Watch it anyway, it's neat
>>
GitS was better than most science fiction being put out by big studios. Things like ex machina, movies that leave a strong enough impression to be talked about even a year after it's been made, come from independent studios for the most part. For every Mad Max furry road there are 20 reboot cash ins that flop and 15 shit adaptions pumped out of the big studios. You really can't look for the big block buster sci Fi and expect much...
>>
>capeshit
>sci-fi

just cause it happens in space doesn't make it sci fi
>>
>>82376270
why are they even making a sequel, the first one had a satisfying conclusion that didn't feel like a cliffhanger
i feel like it's only going to blacken the memory of the original
>>
>>82375679
GotG isn't science fiction, it's a space opera.
>>
>>82375679
Life was good
>>
>>82376230
>Can you expand?

Well that is the entire question the show poses, now isn't it?
>>
>>82375679
Read books then
>>
Wtf are you on about OP, based Jim is saving Sci-fi with his lineup of Abataps
>>
>>82376320
>ps. your guns aint doing shit to keep you free from a president with predator drones and no ethics or restraint
The Taliban and ISIS seem to be doing fine with their shitty rifles and no predator drones
>>
>>82376324
>main actor
there is a main crew. i don't consider Holden a main actor
>>
>>82375679
>quips of the galaxy
>sci-fi

>big dumb adaptation for big dumb American audiences
>sci-fi
>>
>>82376324
>It's the main actor
>not liking Thomas Jane
Yeah, I knew you were a faggot cock sucker.
>>
>>82377465
>>quips meme
whole hollywood and every blockbuster is built on quips
>i'll be back
>hasta la vista baby
>i'm the goddamn batman
>>
>>82377548
A memorable quip is fine. A quip every 3 minutes is not.
>>
>Blade Runner 2049
>Annihilation (Ex Machina director)
>Altered Carbon (cyberpunk Netflix series)
>God Particle
>Ready Player One (Spielberg doing 80s references)

get hyped
>>
>>82376397
>Gaurdians of the Galaxy
>Capeshit
Just because its based on Marvel comics, doesn't make it capeshit.
>>
>>82377998
What makes capeshit, capeshit?
>>
>>82377836
>>Altered Carbon (cyberpunk Netflix series)
>Netflix series
it will be fucked up with sjw agenda?
>>
>>82379066
It already was :)
>le catholics are dumb
>le jesusland dum dum racists
>le gaysex edgy fantasy
Richard K Morgan is a fucking hack
>>
>>82376454
This, best science fiction has always been in books
>>
>>82378123
capes 'n shit
>>
Prometheus and Covenant will be perfect horror movies since people are naturally scared of what they don't understand (in Prometheus's case this means a movie that actually deals with metaphysical concepts and religious themes in a smart way)
>>
>>82375718
it's shit and the ending was fucking stupid
>it has a twist so it's automatically 9/10: the movie
>>
>>82376357
I'm going to see GitS today, hopefully it doesn't suck.
>>
>>82379923
Its a good flick but a terrible, terrible gits interpretation.
>>
>>82376411
You miss spelled GitS
>>
>>82379881
It wasn't even a twist!

They flat out say it's the past early on, but you as an audience member doesnt want to believe that she'll have to live through it twice so you go "oh this whole ordeal is after her daughter dies"

So instead you want there to be a bow at the end where she's happy now but instead it's a film about personal sacrifice which most modern audiences can't handle so instead they go "What a twist!"
>>
File: Inb4 .jpg (49KB, 358x267px) Image search: [Google]
Inb4 .jpg
49KB, 358x267px
Ghost in the Shell wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but they referenced and recreated the shit from the animated movie so much that I wish they would've just stuck with the original plot while they were at it.
Also they fucked up the tank scene at the end by rushing it. Instead of it feeling like this showdown charged with anticipation, it was just another boring action scene.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.