[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is stranger things good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

or is it rick and morty tier?
>>
reddit tier garbage
>>
it starts out great but it ends up not being able to deliver on its hook.
>>
>>82369681

i don't regret watching it, so it's pretty good imo
>>
>>82369681
depends how cynical you are. older people and millenials seem to love it. if you're the type to hate pop culture then you'd probably hate it.
>>
i binged watched it in a day still drinking while drunk from the night before then told my brother who suggested i watch it that it was shit. only good acting was the sherriff
>>
Starts perfect, drags out a bit, then ends with a fart and a hook for season 2. Overall not bad, but a shame it wasn't great.
>>
>>82369681
Overrated shit
>>
>>82369681
never understood why so many people fell in love with this.
i guess is the nostalgia?
it was ok, needed to be shorter tho, it drags in the last episodes.
>>
I honestly think it's worse than Rick and Morty tier, it's fucking nostalgia garbage
>>
rick and morty tier
>>
>>82370794
>>82370726
its not that sort of "90s American kid" nostalgia that references crap like crystal pepsi and 3d doritos is it?
>>
>>82369681
Reddit tier garbage. I wish it ended after the first ep.
>>
>>82371193
Yes but early 80's era.
>>
>>82369681
7/10
Above average. It keeps you entertained.
>>
>>82371193
No it doesn't really have many references. It's just a throwback to what feels like an older style of story.
>>
>>82369681

Only 2016 series I enjoyed.
>>
>>82369681
first episode pulls you in, just watch it already you fucking cuck
>>
>>82371275
name 1 other 2016 series you watched
>>
>>82369681

To me it really threw me back into cinema story and style from the 80's, but had I suppose a sort of 90's storytelling methodology, mixed with 201X production values.

I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>82371359

Westworld
>>
>>82369723
>it starts out great
I was turned off immediately. I know it's supposed to be a homage to 80s movies, but they checked off so many of the typical stereotypes in the first episode that I couldn't take it seriously. The overblown usage of synth? Check. Nerds playing D&D in their mom's basements for hours on end? Check. Kid Friend has an obvious, and unreciprocated crush on his frien's adolescent older sister? Check. The fucking bikes like they think they're in ET? Check. And so on and so on it goes. It's probably a shitty reason to drop a series, but I honestly could not properly watch the show past the first episode. It was Just too much of an 80s movie reference/tropesfest for me.
>>
>>82369681
Well, it's a sci-fi show with some horror elements and a ton of 80's references. Rick & Morty is a comedy cartoon. I don't see how they're comparable, these categories you make up in your head are all fucked up, you need to sort yourself out.
>>
>>82371614
>thats rick and morty too, maybe not as much horror but they...
>ad hominem
oh never mind
>>
Solid 7/10

won't go out of my way to watch the second season. in fact I probably will skip it entirely and only watch it if I'm really bored and there is nothing else to watch.

best part was the opening theme

the 80s pop culture references got annoying and felt very forced mad in your face.
>>
>>82371776
I will say one thing about the show, it had a good soundtrack. I just love synthwave shit, good music was what singlehandedly got me into The Knick.
>>
It's set in the early 80s and wrapped in nostalgia, but the story itself is more like something out of the 90s.
>>
File: 1466048239505.png (30KB, 240x143px) Image search: [Google]
1466048239505.png
30KB, 240x143px
It was a solid 8/10 but I feel like its going to turn to shit amazingly quickly.

The best part of the show was how they explained very little about the monster and where it came from, as well as what happened to it. I think to end it there would have been perfect, then just make the series into an Anthology and next season cover some other monster.

But they're instead going to do the same story because the kids were popular and they apparently have a big book detailing exactly everything about the monster and the dimension it stepped in from. Meaning they're going to fucking ruin it completely by explaining it all with god awful reasoning.

Also don't know what the fuck people ITT are going on about with the "references". Aside from The Thing poster being a blatant "remember this???? ;)" there were none. It's not like they were saying DUDE RUBIK'S CUBES LMAO SO FUCKING EP*C and the songs we heard were all top 40 chart shit that you would all be liable to hear at the time.
>>
>purposely using ugly children so that /tv/ spergs out and promotes this shit for free
bascially a live action version of rick&morty
>>
Rick and Morty is great, this isn't

It's just ok. It started out promising, ended as a crappy typical modern horror cgi fest. Not worth your time, imo.
>>
>>82372025
>It's just ok. It started out promising, ended as a crappy typical modern horror cgi fest

that's how I felt. kind of forced myself to finish it after the 2nd or 3rd ep
>>
>>82371588
this desu. the 80s meme nostalgia turned me off as well, winona ryder was annoying, and the plot didn't look all that original/promising. dropped after pilot, I guess it just wasn't for me.
>>
Is there any specific movie that inspired the whole dimensional portal thing? Because it reminded me a lot of Half-Life.
>>
>>82371401
I normally respect everyones opinion, but you are just retarded.
>>
>>82372270

>if you don't like this thing I liked, you are retarded

Sure thing, bro.
>>
>>82369681
rick and morty tier is good though?? what are you getting at OP?
>>
>>82372247
dune
>>
Stopped watching the first episode after the third your mother joke...
>>
>>82371275
>2016
>Not The Young Pope
>>
>asking /tv/ if something is good
>>
post the webm
You know exactly which one I'm talking about
>>
>>82375599
hurr /tv/ doesn't like anything even though I only watch capeshit and stupid children's series xD
>>
80's meme fest. A frankenstein's monster that is less than the sum of it's parts, or to be more accurate, a mediocre show made out of parts from far superior original work.

The monster is dull and uninspired. And just so you know, D&D demogorgon should have like 2 monkey heads, it would be better if they stole that design instead of going with yawn-inducing flesh flower head.

The plot was predictable garbage, the cop guy was the only relatable character.

In other words it's the perfect show for fucking normies who can't sit through Carpenter's Thing or any other cult 80s classic but will praise everything that has a bunch of references, as if references themselves had any value or quality attached to them.
>>
what's wrong with rick and morty? never saw it.
>>
>>82375682
>2 monkey heads better than flower head
Honestly both those ideas are fantastically unimpressive.
>>
>>82369681
Why people mostly use the nostalgia thing to criticize this? They weren't that hamfisted as some anons make them out to be.

Honestly this was one of the better shows of last year togheter with Westworld and The young pope. It was at least entertaining and the characters aren't all bad.
>>
>>82369753
I like pop culture, but I hate Stephen King, glorification of freaks, small American towns that aren't in the boiling South or near Fargo, supernatural bullshit, the fucking Clash and, above all, diabolization of the government authorities
>>
>>82376221

When people use nostalgia as an """argument""", they've already lost.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0K0VpPjMjQ

watch this and tell me it isn't fucking reddit-tier. Just the fact that a fan would make that and knew it would be a hit with normies tells you everything you need
>>
>>82371588
The friend having a crush on his sister doesn't really go anywhere. It's possible that Not!Chunk was just trying to be chummy.
I'd say that sperging out at Kids on Bikes being ET was stupid but there's basically a violent version of the ET Bike chase so I can't really fault it.

Yeah the show really does like to play with its homages and cliches. I still liked it though. Even though it had that I still was interested in the plot and characters.
>>
>>82371914
Were they actually going to go with a different plot?
>>
it's fine. watchable. 80s throwback nostalgia shit.
>>
>>82369681
>watching Stranger Danger Things
kill yourself cunnyfag
>>
>>82376372
so your a faggot?
>>
>>82369681
Anything with child actors is bound to be reddit-tier
>>
>>82378586
No. I am just an adult
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.