[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breaking Bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: Breaking_Bad_title_card.png (116KB, 399x226px) Image search: [Google]
Breaking_Bad_title_card.png
116KB, 399x226px
What did /tv/ think of this show?

I know that it's the show all the normies love and fawn over, but honestly I loved it too and found it great. It's probably the best show I've seen too.

Ozymandias was a fucking amazing episode, I absolutely did not see Hank dying in it coming, or any else of the scenes. One of the most intense shit I've seen
>>
Now watch Hell On Wheels, the superior AMC series.
>>
File: VraeEjH.gif (410KB, 475x247px) Image search: [Google]
VraeEjH.gif
410KB, 475x247px
Best drama I've ever watched. Cinematography, plot, characters, dialogue, all of it. Loved every bit. Anyone who says this show is anything less than top 5 of all time should get off their high horse and really take a look at their pretentious self.

Hell, even BCS is fantastic is so far. I'm convinced everything Vince touches just turns into gold.

B
R
A
Vince
O

No sarcasm intended
>>
>>82369344
I forgot to mention, I have only watched 5 shows in total.
>>
>>82369209
>Hell on Wheels is an American Western
>Western
DROPPED
>>
Why is Skyler such a fucking cunt?
I'm binging it for the first time, on E4 S4.
Every scene with her manipulating her family pisses me off.
>>
>>82369378
In the last week
>>
>>82369462
I really hated Skyler too, she was such an annoying bitch for most of the later parts of the show
>>
>>82369399
>he can't appreciate western kino

a nigga that don't want much don't know much
>>
It was good but it had a lot of unnecessary style over substance garbage like the music video segments of them cooking meth in every episode. Also the whole thing with the teddy bear "foreshadowing" was retarded. It was good, but extremely overrated.
>>
>>82369119

quick trivia: the guy who directed Ozymandias is also directing The Last Jedi

dis gun be good
>>
>>82369119

I enjoyed it & better call saul as well.

fuck the contrarians
>>
File: 1493716699638.jpg (87KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
1493716699638.jpg
87KB, 816x816px
>>82369541
oh fuck how do I remove cumstains from clothes?
>>
File: 1484364005357.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1484364005357.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>82369541
>>82369639
>meme wars fans
>>
>>82369119
Normies prefer Weeds
>>
>>82369119
Great show.

It became kind of farce after season 2 though. Season 3 is when it stops feeling like a drama and starts feeling more like a crime thriller. Season 1 and 2 were pretty gritty and at least somewhat realistic. Season 4 was also a big misstep, I couldn't believe at the time that a show like Breaking Bad would fall into such a formulaic and predictable trap as to literally have a big bad villain and frame the entire season around that.

It was a mistake, the organic but unpredictable, hectic progression of the past seasons were gone. It became too theatrical, if Vince hadn't been scared by putting off the audiences and their strong attachment to Gus he would have killed him off early into the season then have the story spiral into new and unfamiliar territory. I liked season 5 more than 4, but he put too much importance on the nazi gang, again it's really dumb writing for a show of this caliber.
>>
>>82369119
great show but they dropped the ball at the end. They let the audience dictate the ending. Walt should have killed Jesse and become full bad guy instead of the gay BABY BLUE shit we got
>>
>>82369520
What did you hate about the teddy bear foreshadowing other than the fact that they kind of overdid it on the teasing
>>
>>82369703
I doubt it, Weeds was around before the "binge watching" fad really kicked in. Breaking Bad was probably the most hyped show of the last few years (short of GoT or TWD).
>>
It's the only show I've seen, its also the best
>>
>>82369501
Westerns are so boring

FUCK RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2
>>
>>82370148
kys
>>
Season 1 was u wot m8 tier
Season 2 was intredasting tier
Season 3 was family soap drama tier
Season 4 was oh shit waddup tier
Season 5 was oh fug :D tier
>>
>>82369119
i mark Breaking Bad as the Silver Age of /tv/, behind L O S T golden age. Board was brimming was discussion and memes were generated. it was also hella lot of fun watching BB with /tv/ bros. too bad the last season was shit
>>
>>82370295
Why do you think it was shit? I thoroughly enjoyed the last season, and it had the best episode of the show too
>>
>>82370345
nazi supermacists were incredibly cliche and the story was incredibly stupid
walt getting bad end was done just for the sake of bad guys don't win
>>
>>82370400
>nazi supremacists
every thread of bb i see on here and plebbit mentioned neo nazis in season 5. i watched every episode and i don't know when the fuck the bad guys were referred to as nazis. am i just dumb or was the symbolism just subtle? i see everybody calling them nazis all the time and i have no idea how the fuck they appear that way
>>
>>82370483
pretty sure they had swastika tattoos
>>
>>82370483

They're explicitly the Aryan Brotherhood, who are a white supremacist criminal organization.
>>
>>82369119
It was good but by far not the best show.
>>
>>82369760
It was just a waste of time and they clearly had no idea where they were going with it and just pulled something out their ass at the end. Vince Gilligan has admitted he just pulls shit out of his ass and doesn't plan things and it shows. It was also just extremely pretentious for no reason.
>>
>>82369462
Well according to Vince Shilligan you're an evil misogynist.
>>
>>82369567
Better Call Saul is the superior show. But then again I don't know if it would be as good with out the "omg I remember him/that from Breaking Bad!" reveals.
>>
>>82369541
Same guy also directed fly...
>>
>>82370891
Even better.
>>
>>82370524
>>82370556
for some reason i don't remember that from the show at all desu
>>
Skylar is the biggest cunt ive ever seen

Hurr durr how dare my dying husband tries to get money for me, our unplanned infant daughter and cripple son! I better go fuck my exboss because we all know nothing i sexier than post birth pussy!
>>
>>82370953
Skylar really is an irredeemable cunt but most pepole don't even get why

She wants a divorce
She wants to kids
Walt doesn't want this
Eventually he agrees
Leaves the signed divorce papers in the house
Skyler finds them

BUT WAIT

BY THIS POINT SHE JUST FOUND ONE OF WALTS MONEY BAGS

SO WHAT HAPPENS??

SHE DOESNT file the divorce papers
BEGS AND BUGS Walt to death to LET HER IN on the busineess she was going to LEAVE HIM over
WHEN HE RIGHTLY SAYS NO!!!
SHE GOES BEHND HIS BACK to Saul and buys the carwash without Walts knowledge

AND THEN

AND THEN

AND FUCKING THEEENNNN

WHEN SHES LOADING WALTS CASH INTO THE SAFE AT HER BRAND NEW CAR WASH SHE SAYS

"I never asked for any of this"

FUCK

SKYLER
>>
>>82369119
First two seasons are amazing. Gritty dark comedies about being on the bottom of the food chain in the drug business. Really wish the series had ended in season two as planned, but instead we get the plane crash, arguably when the series as a whole drops in quality.

Which is not to say it's outright terrible, it's still pretty good. By season 3 the series wrote itself into a corner by creating a situation where Walt and Jesse were satisfied with the deal they had with Gus. In order to be interesting, the series had to force some conflict by making Jesse care way to much about some thugs that brought in a kid to crime, Walt who cared too much about killing these guys to placate Jesse, and Gus who cares too much about two random thugs over his literal money makers.

Season 4 is less about Walt's descent into the dark world of drug trafficking, and more about trying to "take down the bad guy Gus!". Really, the whole series sort of wimps out on making Walt an outright anti-hero like what was hinted in the first two seasons. I think the reasoning behind making the main bad guys neo-nazis was to make Walt look really heroic in comparison.

It's literally saying "Walt's not so bad, he's not worse than Hitler!", which is a lazy way to make hi relatable.
>>
File: 1492465349919.jpg (33KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1492465349919.jpg
33KB, 640x427px
>>82370953
It's easier to understand Skylars behavior if you understand marriage.

Women are inherently social creatures. They crave attention and self fulfillment through gained attention. Beta orbiters, boyfriends, and one night stands frequently fill social attention gaps where other women's attention can't.

This is why they invade male hobbies, frequently produce problems just to be able to come up with a "solution" and garner validation, and manipulate every other human being they come into contact with.

Anyways, marriage works against a woman's nature in quite a few ways. For starters, she can only get socially acceptable emotional fulfillment from her husband. This includes sex, general attention, companionship, et cetera. Walter's mistake was denying Skylar attention at a time where she was stressed out from his cancer diagnosis, worried about the baby, and generally feeling isolated. She almost immediately rebounded to Ted, her employer, who basically worshipped the ground she walked on and gave her every last spurt and drop of validation Walter failed to give.

Marriage for men is where you share in your life experiences with your partner, both the bad and the good. It is reliable companionship and emotional support, and a foundation upon which to build your family.

Marriage for women is being chained to only one validation pump. The slightest lapse in getting what she wants, and a woman is immediately scrambling to either her lawyer or an affair.

Skylar was a perfect example of this. Notice how once she realized the scope of fortune Walter gained for his family did she do a 180 and haughtily insist that she couldn't divorce him anyway, and that she might as well help for the children, and that he was the worst husband on Earth and blah blah fucking blah.

Every single female character on Breaking Bad, outside of perhaps the principal at Walter's school, were horrible people.
>>
File: 1396249405768.jpg (35KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
1396249405768.jpg
35KB, 380x250px
>>82370891
>implying fly wasn't kino of the highest caliber
>>
>>82371397
*tips fedora*
>>
>>82369119
Season 2 is pure fucking kino.
It's a steady slump after that.
>>
File: 1463623981825.jpg (99KB, 677x631px) Image search: [Google]
1463623981825.jpg
99KB, 677x631px
>>82370953
>>82371022
>>82371397
>misogyny for literally no reason
is this what /tv/ has come to?
>>
>>82371397

This is surprisingly accurate
>>
Breaking Bad is really fucking good, but the last season wasn't great.
>>
>>82371940
>smoking while pregnant
>made walt jr retarded
>gave walt lung cancer from 2nd hand smoke
>fucked ted
>gave walt's money to ted
>no reason
>>
File: tumblr_m2ht646Waw1qzw04wo1_500.png (220KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2ht646Waw1qzw04wo1_500.png
220KB, 480x360px
>>82372193
>gave Walt's money to ted

I will never stop being angry about this. In 300 years I'll be a fat head on a robotic body telling my descendants about how Skylar White is a vapid cunt.
>>
>>82372241
>That scene where Walter is looking for the money and Skyler tells him she gave it to Ted

Fucking lost my shit, nothing she could do to redeem that
>>
>>82370891
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JPwDrHfhSI
This scene made me kek so hard
best episode
>>
>>82370891
>>82372623
Fly was fucking great too
>>
>>82370891
fly was great you fag
>>
>>82371397
>a fictional character in a tv show was a cunt, therefore all women are worthless

you dun goofed
>>
>>82370206
you are reddit-tier
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.