[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /tv/'s consensus on Dirty Jobs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

File: mike_rowe_headshot.jpg (126KB, 1296x730px) Image search: [Google]
mike_rowe_headshot.jpg
126KB, 1296x730px
What is /tv/'s consensus on Dirty Jobs?
>>
I prefer clean jobs myself, didn't go to college to work with sewage
>>
vote republican btw
>>
he should do an episode about a My 600 Pound Life caregiver
>>
File: 1493826075744.jpg (273KB, 1024x862px) Image search: [Google]
1493826075744.jpg
273KB, 1024x862px
>>82354177
Mike Rowe is a great guy and really cares about the well-being of the working class.
>>
>>82354177
Good show. Used to watch it all the time. However I don't like how it spawned all of the garbage reality tv shows on history channel and discovery.
>>
>>82355544
>this coming from a communication major whose the only time he's worked hard has been for exorbitant sums of money on tv

the right wing bill nye
>>
Mike Rowe dispenses fairy tales for baby boomers.

He's like your dad's Mr. Rogers.
>>
>wagecuck and proud
lmao
>>
>>82355721
No he's specifically the Rural and Suburban retard Bill Nye.
>>
>>82354225
My neighbor is in sewage.
Owns two trucks. Runs the business off a flip phone. Practically retired and spends half of his time fishing.
Makes over $100k a year emptying septic tanks.
>>
>>82354177

Quality show with a likable host.
>>
>>82355544
he should give me money
>>
>>82354225
You went to college to be thousands of dollars in debt.
>>
Quality show displaying lots of jobs available that just require you to show up on time and maybe tuck in your shirt.
>>
>>82356220
He's a multi-millionaire who lives in a mansion in LA.
>>
>>82354177
>it's a mike rowe takes on the dirty job of a brain surgeon episode
>>
>>82356444
>being poor
My parents paid for my college, I don't have any debt
>>
>>82354177
Kino, the human side of "How it's made" style shows.
>>
>>82356499
I was describing the character he played, not who he really was. Do you think I didn't know that Mike Rowe was fake?
>>
>>82356444
CHECKED
>>
>>82356444
Only took me 10 years to pay it off. Then I got laid off and a huge chunk of my industry got outsourced. lol poverty
>>
>>82356523
I'd post something about this but unfortunately I just swore allegiance to the S.W.E.A.T. Pledge and that would violate rule number 11.
>>
>>82356613
And what was your degree in? I feel like we're all about to learn something
>>
>>82355544
Number 7 is pretty much the fastest way to become the workplace bitch and earn the respect of zero people.
>>
>>82356572
>>82356499
>mansion in SAN FRANCISCO
ftfy

It's estimated he makes $10 million a year in just royalties. Why master a trade when you could be a personality?
>>
>>82356703
The best way to distinguish yourself at work is to suck the boss's dick. Being the bitchboy just makes you the bitchboy who nobody likes
>>
>>82356758
>It's estimated he makes $10 million a year in just royalties
How the fuck is that even possible? He's had one semi-known reality show on a 3rd rate network. Do they even replay the show anymore?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (252KB, 1088x591px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
252KB, 1088x591px
Don't forget to drop out, work in a mine, and vote conservative so "Dirty" Mike gets that nice tax break.
>>
>>82356645
BS in Computer Science and AA in Art. Went from technical artist in videogames/film to random freelance full stack developer jobs.
>>
>>82355544
>10
>get hit by drunk driver and wheel chair bound
Oops must've been my fault I can't work a blue collar job. Guess I'm just a lazy piece of shit according to an actor who roleplayed on a tv show :^)
>>
>>82356810
>semi-known
If I recall it was one of the most popular shows on TV during it's prime and is aired world wide.
>>
>>82356896
>born in 1962

Smelly, dumb boomer scum.
>>
>>82356896
>literally has a net worth higher than everybody who's appeared on the show COMBINED
>"work blue collar jobs, goyim"
>>
>>82357038
that's borderline Gen X
>>
>>82356390
>scat cucks dream post
>>
>>82356703
>Showing up to work early and staying late is how to make people lose respect for you.
Wait until you get a bigboy job.
>>
It was a great show and he's extremely handsome
>>
>>82355544
Fucking rich baby-boomer piece of shit telling people to smile as they work shitty deadend jobs.
>>
>>82358016
Should've studied harder in school. On the plus side the world needs ditch diggers so there's that.
>>
>>82358036
I'm in school right now to be a diesel mechanic. I just find boomers the most insufferable pieces of shit because they were able to walk in off the street and get a well paying job and they have the audacity to talk down to everyone.
>>
>>82356896
He still lives in a 1 person apartment.
>>
>>82358036
They're gonna have robots do every single bitch boy GED only burger flipper tier job in 20 years.
Hell, not even middle of the road white collar jobs are safe from automation.
>>
>>82358171
Robots will take over white collar jobs before they take over skilled trade jobs. Robots involved with physical work must be in very controlled environments for maintenance reasons and tend to do very precise tasks that must be per-programed, which means most laborers and tradesman are safe and will be for a very long time to come. It's the people who work in assembly line jobs, office jobs, and jobs that involve operating cash registers who will lose out to automation.
>>
>>82358171
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/07/the-robots-set-to-disrupt-white-collar-work.html

https://www.cnet.com/news/artificial-intelligence-job-loss-employment-watson-robots/

http://fortune.com/2015/02/25/5-jobs-that-robots-already-are-taking/

:)
>>
>>82358964
So what do you do for a living? Make robots?
>>
File: 1462541028941.gif (2MB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
1462541028941.gif
2MB, 400x206px
>>82356523
>My parents paid for my college, I don't have any debt
>>
Daily reminder that all the faggots making fun of college students here all went themselves and dropped out trying to finish a degree in lesbain dance theory. Now they're mad because they're cucks working some crap job where they shovel shit. Kek
>>
>>82357849
>college debt cuck insecurity post
>>
>>82356810
It was a very popular show that still probably plays in syndication, especially overseas. Plus, he's done a lot of voice over work for commercials and other TV would get him royalties, too. He also might get something from recordings of his opera performances on top of the TV stuff.
>>
>>82355721
This. He's worked in media his whole life, and only acts like he has credibility to stand up blue collar people because of a TV role. That's kind of insulting. It also doesn't help that he seems really smug about his career. From interviews I've read of his, he doesn't seem to have been grateful for anything, or to have struggled at all. His career just seems to be a string of random auditions he did to meet girls, and jobs he didn't care much about doing, but that made him rich as fuck.

There's no way anyone should take him seriously when he says people should just suck up and be glad to settle for whatever shitty job they can find, and be happy with it.
>>
>>82354177

Somebody's got to do it
>>
>>82354177
Good show up there with How It's Made. Would of liked to see it mire about odd or hard jobs, I dont know why they had to be 'dirty'.
Also dont know why people are complaining about Mike Rowe. Thought he was a charismatic host who respects blue collar workers and it was often a joke about how bad he is at them.
>>
>>82354177
I like the show. His special on Thailand is still the best Dirty Job hands down
>>
>>82359712
My grandpappy paid for my Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorate. I have no debt. But yeah man, go ahead and clean up my shit in the sewage. Go for it, watch out I'm having tacos tonight

>:]
>>
>>82359911
>dont know why people are complaining about Mike Rowe.
In the years since the show, he's tied to make himself the public face of poor people with shitty jobs. This has included initiatives like the pledge someone posted earlier, which basically tells people to take whatever job they can get and be complacent doing something that sucks. His message is essentially that if someone is unemployed it's their fault, and they just haven't looked for a shitty thing they can do.

>respects blue collar workers
I'm sure this is true (he seems like a pretty nice guy), but when it comes down to it, he doesn't know what it's like to actually live the life he portrayed in his show. Which means he's way off when it comes to some of the things he's said, and blaming the workforce for the state of the job market is kind of a shitty thing to do.
>>
>>82359571
I had a friend who did just that. He dropped out freshman year and called us all idiots for staying in college. He works like 15 hour days 6 days a week in shitty conditions and still doesn't make as much as I do
>>
>>82360606
kek how much debt are you in? it's a lot isn't it lol man I'd be mad if I were you. You got so boned by society.
>>
>>82360606
Not a rare story at all. It's why they stay poor and have generations of poor blue collar families. Too stupid to succeed in university and get a job that makes real money. Ruin their joints and their health being a monkey 12 hours a day.
>>
>>82361812
$0 because I paid for everything with acedemic scholarships because I wasn't a lazy dumb ass. You won't believe me though as you probably dropped out of college and butt hurt at people who had the drive to finish
>>
>>82362727
>won't believe me
Nope, unless your black.
>>
>>82362826
>unironically spouts /pol/ memes
Ah so you are a drop out.
>>
>>82362870
kek ur in debt and im not. how much did all those dumb books cost u fgt? bet they were boring af kek id be raging if i were u
>>
>>82356628
ok
you may as well post it now
>>
>>82354177
guessing you're a shill and he's a got a new show about to come out
>>
>>82359712
>defending shoveling shit for a living
>>
OP is an infiltrator from reddit trying to make Rowe look bad as revenge for Colbertposting
>>
>>82363647
people used to spam that SWEAT pic and have threads like this /r9k/ months ago
>>
>>82363844
it's the long play
>>
File: eh.png (220KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
220KB, 396x400px
>>82360074
sure anon, and you're posting and projecting on here because you live such a wonderful life. money well spent.
>>
>>82363600
>>82360074
Cleaning out a septic tank consists of dropping a hose in a hole and turning on a pump.
You don't get dirty.
You don't even need to put gloves on.
>>
>>82355544
#7 JUST FUCK MY JOB UP MR. SHEKELBERG
>>
>>82354177
Mike is a very, very dirty guy!
>>
>>82354177
Its content is literally shit.
>>
File: Mr Rogers.gif (2MB, 282x257px) Image search: [Google]
Mr Rogers.gif
2MB, 282x257px
>>82355761
>He's like your dad's Mr. Rogers.
>Implying Mr. Rogers isn't my Dad's Mr. Rogers.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.