[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did you stop watching, /tv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: nostalgia_critic_reloaded.jpg (212KB, 1279x720px) Image search: [Google]
nostalgia_critic_reloaded.jpg
212KB, 1279x720px
Why did you stop watching, /tv/?
>>
>>82344738
I didn't, his stuff is really hit or miss and more often miss when compared to his 2008-2011 work but it's fine for killing twenty minutes once a week
>>
>>82344738
The Jack and the Beanstalk review was pretty good.
>>
>>82344738
He stopped doing movie reviews and started doing shitty sketch rundowns of movies. It's not even a review just a plot synopsis.
>>
>>82344738
I grew out of you. You were amusing in 08 and 09 but Kickassia made me cringe and shortly after that I dropped you. You're a talentless hack who only appeals to children.
>>
>>82344738
Last "good" review was Inspector Gadget
>>
>>82344738
Because Doug is shit.
>>
>>82344738

I still watch him ironically at egg kara
>>
>>82344738
i realized i could just watch the movies he reviews myself
>>
>>82346918
Yeah but that would take you three times the amount of time to do so. He edits them down to their distilled essence, bridges the segments together with his commentary and makes jokes at its expense that sometimes get a genuine chuckle.
>>
>>82344738
I didnt, honestly.
>>
>>82344738
when he started putting up those shit 3 hour long amateur films instead of reviews.
>>
>>82347129
maybe in his old days but his more recent reviews go up to 30 minutes. majority filled with unfunny skits, watching the movie gives me more entertainment value than his garbage videos
>>
File: 1474803914217.jpg (291KB, 1275x924px) Image search: [Google]
1474803914217.jpg
291KB, 1275x924px
>>82344738
Skits
>>
File: egg.png (687KB, 560x932px) Image search: [Google]
egg.png
687KB, 560x932px
>>82344738
What is this? A Douge thread with no Eggkara links? For shame.
>>
>>82347304
is there anyone actually there this time?
>>
File: Eggkara.jpg (7KB, 379x46px) Image search: [Google]
Eggkara.jpg
7KB, 379x46px
>>82347331
Yeah you're mom is here. We're all taking turns plowing her disgusting, yeast infected, herpes sore covered, crab infested pussy. It's great.
>>
File: 1492867099770.jpg (87KB, 592x812px) Image search: [Google]
1492867099770.jpg
87KB, 592x812px
>>82344738
The worst parts of any review channel are always the sketches. End of.
RLM does ironic humor sketches with their mock podcast, and they're not funny in the slightest.
The best part of any AVGN video is when he's talking about the game, and if there's an overreaction, at least he's staying on topic because he's riffing on the subject matter rather than making some tryhard shit about fighting Bugs Bunny.
NC focuses so hard on his charisma-vacuum "actors" making terrible skits that his videos feel like high production cringe rather than a review.

If you're a reviewer, let the comedy flow naturally about the subject matter you're reviewing rather than trying to force your godawful humor in. If you were talented enough to make comedy, you'd be making fucking comedy rather than planting your fat ass in front of a camera and talking about other people's work.
>>
>>82347824
>RLM does ironic humor sketches with their mock podcast, and they're not funny in the slightest.
The Nerd Crew is art.
>>
I grew up
>>
When he stopped using actual clips from the movies he's reviewing
>>
before he 'quit'. I don't really remember exactly and I'm glad
>>
>>82344738
I still watch him from time to time.
Though I don't think hes anything more than a film critic. He has some moments where he can be unfunny, but I don't mind.
I don't hate the skits. In fact, I think its better he stuck with those because everyone on the site does the exact same thing.
Demo Reel was fucking horrible.
Cinema Snob and RLM are better though.
>>
>>82349470
He still uses clips. Just not on newer releases.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.