[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 29

File: Guardians-Galaxy-Vol-2-New-Logo.jpg (534KB, 2047x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Guardians-Galaxy-Vol-2-New-Logo.jpg
534KB, 2047x1024px
Wow, what a great film.

I'm really glad that Marvel listened to critique and held back on the pop culture references, pandering quips and call-ups to upcoming films in the MCU. Really shows that they get it now

I also really loved the villain, his goals were clearly defined and they weren't boring universe ending tripe. Truly a memorable character.

Also love how they didn't shove baby groot down our throats in a cynical marketing ploy.
>>
>>82337406
At this point, marvel isn't deviating away from a tried and true formula, if it makes billions, it's gonna keep going. And no matter what artistic critiques you may have, shit isn't gonna change. Yeah, the RT meter will say 76% for the critics, but if it's at 90+ for general audiences, marvel doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>82337468
I feel like they actually tried to move on from the formula a bit. the faceless goons were cut down from earlier movies, they were generally used to drive the plot onward rather than just giving the heroes faceless baddies to kill (the monarch ships driving them to ego/bringing out rockets flaws to be dealt with, the pirates bringing rocket and yondu together). plus they killed of a Yondu for good, he isn't coming back, and I like that Groot doesn't just get a reset button, he is stuck as tiny Groot growing up. Of course its pretty standard marvel at the end of the day, its definitely better then I expected.
>>
>>82337406
This film is phenomenal. It's everything Age of Ultron should have been and failed to live up to be. I wasn't expecting to get emotional as much as I did over a comic book movie. This is honest to goodness how sequels need to be for movies like GotG.
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-04+at+02.03.16).jpg (161KB, 1246x516px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-04+at+02.03.16).jpg
161KB, 1246x516px
Who was in the wrong, here?
>>
>>82341921
cgi one
>>
File: crying_seal.jpg (26KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
crying_seal.jpg
26KB, 500x335px
>>82337406
STOP ITS STILL NOT OUT IN AMERICA FOR ANOTHER TWO MORE DAYS
>>
>>82341921
Rocket did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>go to watch capeshit
>be upset that it's capeshit
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>82341970
Kylo Ren kills his father, Han Solo
>>
Only watched it coz it was £5.99 at Vue
>>
the whole family/friends thing works so good with them... why?
>>
>>82343149
£9.40 at Cineworld, not paying that shit. I used to get the Orange Wednesday deal and went with a mate to anything. Thay aren't even doing cheap Tuesdays any more and nthey allocate you a seat so you end up sitting next to anyoner unless you ignore it.
>>
>>82343149
£4.50 at my local independent
drinks and popcorn are stupidly cheap too so it's a nice night out
>>
>>82343149
>>82343435
>>82343530
I paid £3.20 goml
>>
>>82337406
leaving most aside
what call-ups to upcoming films are you referring to besides the usual one postcredit scene?
>>
>>82343435
Cineworlds are universally shit. Get on a bus and find an odeon or something.
>>
>>82343149
>>82343435
>>82343530
>>82343584
God damn, I paid £12.75 at my local Odeon. You lucky fuckers.
>>
>>82344850
Didn't have a proper one
>>
>>82343149
Vue is £4.99 around here, pretty good
>>
>>82337406
Is this all sarcasm? I'm going to the ciñémá later today to see it and I don't want to get my hopes up, thinking it'll be good.
>>
File: yandoo.png (625KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
yandoo.png
625KB, 1366x768px
>>82346956
No, it's a stand alone, character driven story. Totally unheard of before in the MCU. The visuals are fucking great as well.

>mfw this scene
>>
How can she be so perfect /tv/?
>>
>>82347100
I still don't know if you're joking or not.
>>
>>82347755
go see it, it is a big budget james gunn movie, it is great
>>
>>82347755
It is really bloody good
>>
>>82347755
It's better than every Marvel movie except the first GotG.

But!

Like all Marvel movies, it is not a good movie itself. Only good inside the Marvel bubble.
>>
>>82347820
bullshit
it is a good fucking movie and doesn't even fucking ressembles marvel movies, if not by Ego mentioning the infinity stone an Nebula Thanos it doesn't have any relation with marvel stuff
>>
>>82347755
gotg 2 is colorful unlike previous mcu films. it's stand alone in a sense that it doens't connect to the infinity gauntlet storyline
>>
File: 1479523164933.gif (2MB, 330x186px) Image search: [Google]
1479523164933.gif
2MB, 330x186px
>>82347755
Y-you can't be this dumb.
>>
>>82347873
>it is a good fucking movie
No it isn't.

No it FUCKING isn't.

I am sick of people who think that just because they enjoyed something or were entertained by it that makes it good.

Fuck you.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 is a two hour distraction and nothing more. At the very best it is mediocre. It doesn't matter if it's the most orgasmic distraction you've ever seen - if that's all it is, then that's ALL it is. If all a movie needs to be to be good is be a fucking distraction then movies are a dead artform.
>>
>>82347988
But it's legit good tho.
>>
>first ten minutes of baby groot dancing
Kill me now
>>
First thread where I've ever actually thought there might be shills.
>>
>>82347988
nice reddit spacing you fucking bitch
you couldn't recognize a good movie if it was implanted in your eye sockets
>>
>>82348037
No, it isn't.

Any statement of quality requires that there be criteria for assessing that quality.

Movies should not just entertain and distract, but also teach and uplift us.

Guardians does the former, but not the latter, and therefore is merely mediocre.

>>82348097
>it's the reddit spacing meme again
i
will
type
my
the
fuck
i
want
cunt
>>
>>82347755
It's the best Marvel sequel so far and overall one of the better MCU films.
>>
>>82348131
I bet you're one of those bitches that think comedies aren't """""good movies"""""""" by your definition
you're fucking retarded mate, I bet you liked Primer
>>
>>82348083
This is being shilled like crazy. It has no plot, the quips are awful (fuck that Drax shit tbqh just kill him off) and the resolution is one of the worst I've seen. The only thing going on for it are the visuals and they are nothing to write home about either. Mediocre movie, 5.5 out of 10 tops
>>
>>82347970
Do you remember when the first GotG came out? The entire thing was shat on so hard that I find it hard to believe that everyone turned around on the sequel and is saying it's great.
>>
>>82348185
>I bet you're one of those bitches that think comedies aren't """""good movies"""""""" by your definition
Wrong.

I think that there are some fantastically good comedies out there. Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister being one of them which, yes, does have a movie-length special episode.
>>
>>82347324

>star lord talks about making babies the archaic way
>she says she would like a lesson for science purposes

FUCKING CHADS!!!
>>
>>82348218
one of the symptoms of autism is not being able to get when something is a joke
I bet you think everyone hates rick and morty too, right.
>>
>>82348268
No, I like Rick and Morty. But can you blame me for being cautious? People have been nothing but negative for GotG2 and this is the first thread I've seen of anyone saying something good about it. I just don't want to set my expectations too high.
>>
>>82348131
>Movies should not just entertain and distract, but also teach and uplift us.

Says who?
>>
>>82347100

>tfw I had a tear like rocket did at the end
>tfw I know all those feels
>>
>>82348359
>People have been nothing but negative for GotG2 and this is the first thread I've seen of anyone saying something good about it.

u wut
>>82308829
>>
>>82337406
Subtle enough, OP. 7/10 bait 5/10 movie
>>
>>82348383
Says anyone with a brain.

Life alone is not enough. We ought to strive for righteous life.

And no, I'm not saying that everything has to be a parable and that you're a bad person for watching bad or mediocre movies. I like Guardians of the Galaxy and Rocket is my platonic husbando.

But nothing that merely exists can be good, because nothing can be good without being righteous.

I guess I just don't feel the need to be able to tell everyone that everything I like is good. You're not a bad person for not having exclusively perfect taste anon. You ARE a bad person if you lie about the quality of movies to defend your ego because telling people you like mediocre films hurts your feelings.
>>
>>82348496
*tips*
>>
>>82337406
>held back on the pop culture references, pandering quips and call-ups to upcoming films in the MCU
I'll agree on the call-ups. Drax was a quipmachine this go around (not that I minded) and the pop culture references were lessened but still there (thanks soundtrack)
>>
File: GuardiansVolDraxMantis.jpg (1MB, 2158x1136px) Image search: [Google]
GuardiansVolDraxMantis.jpg
1MB, 2158x1136px
My favorite ship
>>82348712
>implying the scene where mantis touches Drax to feel his sadness and breaks up crying isn't amazing
>>
In the end, was ego right or wrong?
>>
>>82348215
Less focus on plot was one of the things I liked the most about it, honestly. No mcguffin and Thanos shenanigans this time, just the Guardians going on a mission. On their way there they casually meet Peter's dad, with things kinda developing from that. It's why I really don't see what OP is referring to when he says the movie has tons of call-ups to upcoming movies when this is the first Marvel movie in a long time to have literally zero leads to future films (apart from the obligatory post-credits scene, of course).
I liked how episodic it felt, and how in this way we got way more backstory on the characters. I agree that some of the humor doesn't work mostly due to jokes not knowing when to end but the more intimate moments worked really well for me. The ending was surprisingly moving for a MCU film, Yondu's death and just his character overall were a highlight in that regard
>>
>>82348805
everyone had a sad moment.
Also baby groot was annoying the first act of the movie, he was pretty okay later.
>>
>>82348883
turning all the planets in the galaxy into ego is kinda wrong
>>
>>82348883
I wonder how empty he would feel after he had actually succeded
>>
>>82348922
I'm just annoyed by the focus on backstory. For fuck's sake, can we just once have a superhero movie not mired in the fucking past?

But that's the thing: without their backstory the characters have no depth, and aren't strong enough to stand up alone. And I'm not saying that the characters should have no history or anything - I'm just saying that I want a movie where the Guardians go on a mission that doesn't involve the fate of the galaxy or their deep personal demons. They just go and fucking do things and develop as people through their lived experiences. Like real fucking people - and good characters - do.
>>
>>82348496
>I guess I just don't feel the need to be able to tell everyone that everything I like is good. You're not a bad person for not having exclusively perfect taste anon. You ARE a bad person if you lie about the quality of movies to defend your ego because telling people you like mediocre films hurts your feelings.

I'm not that anon you were talking to, I was just following the reply thread and that bit caught my eye. I haven't watched the movie yet
>>
MARY
POPPINS
Y'ALL
>>
was yondu /our guy/?
>>
>>82349058
>just gimme transformers

dude.
>>
>>82349176
he's dead.
>>
>>82349194
>being this retarded
I'm not saying I want episodic garbage with stagnant characters. I'm saying that I want character development that doesn't come from resolving a fucking plot hook in the character's """back"""story. Why the fuck is backstory even a word? Oh, right, because backstory is code for a story that isn't good enough to stand up on its own.
>>
>>82343149
I'm a London fucker and paid Everyman cinema tickets.

Shit was ca£h.

What is with those sofas? It's like a fucking drug. Comfy as fuck.
>>
File: 1475102063094.jpg (161KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475102063094.jpg
161KB, 1000x800px
>>82337406
>Ego is a Celestial
>Watchers are not on their own dimension
>Hela is a bounty hunter

The arrow scene was pretty cool,
though.
>>
File: 1491116615561.png (176KB, 381x425px) Image search: [Google]
1491116615561.png
176KB, 381x425px
>>82349274
I don't get what you're saying, Peter's dad was a major plot point since the last movie when it openned with his mom dying and all the talk about his dad was a guy from the stars, it was resolved in this movie

do you also think it is bad that empire strikes/rotj is about luke's dad that was mentioned in star wars?
>>
>>82349058
I see where you're coming. Although I did enjoy the movie I'd say what you want will probably come in the next movie desu, with Adam Warlock being involved and whatnot. Doing a sequel with this much focus on the characters themselves was something Gunn wanted to do since forever so it was kinda inevitable in the end, I guess
>>
>>82349473
coming from*
>>
sometimes I'm really glad some you guys aren't making movies
>>
>>82349572
how do you know I'm not Steven Spielberg
>>
>>82337406
I just got back from seeing Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and I've got one word to say, fun. This movie was such a fun time at the movies with fun characters, fun direction and fun quipomatography. DC could learn a lot because there movies are dark and depressing and superhero movies are supposed to be fun all the time. I mean lighten up bud. You see a trailer for something like the Justice League and you're like "wow I gotta actually analyze the plot and pay attention that's no fun" but then you see the trailer for Thor Ragnorak and you're like "Holy shitballs dude that looks like so much fun my brain switch has been set to off". There's also something else about the film I've failed to mention but I'm gonna talk about it, the film is COLORFUL. YOU HERE THAT DC? YOU CAN HAVE FUN AND COLORS IN A SUPER HERO MOVIE. But wait that's not all this film features a cameo from Rick and Morty themselves in a scene with Chris Pratt and Baby Groot. I won't spoil it but I can guarantee one thing it's a fun colorful and lighthearted scene, basically a nerds wet dream. Also Kevin Feige is a genius for creating the first ever cinematic universe. 10/10 film.
>>
>>82349444
>I don't get what you're saying, Peter's dad was a major plot point since the last movie when it openned with his mom dying and all the talk about his dad was a guy from the stars, it was resolved in this movie
I know, and I fully expected this, but I still think Peter's dad is a boring plot point that made for a boring film. We all know the pacing was off and the plot was pretty bad. Yondu and Rocket had better characterisation and development on their "we got kidnapped and escaped" plot than Quill did even with all of his """"back""""story.

>>82349473
>Doing a sequel with this much focus on the characters themselves was something Gunn wanted to do since forever so it was kinda inevitable in the end, I guess
It's just annoying because the focus isn't on the characters. Or at least, not any more than it otherwise would be. The plot is drawn from the character's backstory but the characters themselves get no more development than they would in any other plot. It's not any more character driven than the first one.

Basically, I think people are thinking that just because the plot involves something that happened in the character's past that makes it character development or character driven, and it doesn't.

Character development is how the character changes, and you literally cannot change the past. Character development driven by a plot that draws on the character's past is not "better development" than character development driven by a plot that draws on a boring mercenary mission that is totally unimportant to everyone and everything except for how it affects the characters. In fact, the latter is even better because you'd expect a world-ending epic quest to have some impact but keeping audiences interested through a day in the life of a space janitor would require some really strong character-driven plot.

Basically, just because plot comes from character past does not make it internal plot.
>>
>>82349681
>there

you have to go back pablo.
>>
>>82349720
>ondu and Rocket had better characterisation and development on their "we got kidnapped and escaped" plot
i didn't expect to like Yondu as much as i did desu. pretty much everyting involving him was a high point
>>
>>82349354
>>Hela is a bounty hunter
What
>>
>>82349720
I'm going to disagree with you and say that I liked the development of Peter realizing he always had a dad even if not by blood.
>>
File: Oh shit nigga.gif (2MB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
Oh shit nigga.gif
2MB, 288x288px
post yfw yondu soloing the entire space ship
>>
>>82348393
"You're the Sea, Peter!" with Brandy playing in the background

Fuck, hit me like a brick.
>>
>>82347324

>That scene at the end where she has dishevelled hair and does a little braaap

Hnnnng
>>
>>82349953
I completely agree with that, I thought that was pretty well-executed all things considered, and the scene of him remembering learning to shoot with Yondu lasted for a fraction of a second.

There's probably room for sandwiching it into a better plot.

You don't need to have Peter's dad physically present shouting one-liners down the barrel of a camera while the lightshow is popping off in the background to talk about Peter's daddy issues. I think a more subtle approach in a more grounded plot would have been even more enjoyable.

I mean Peter's plot is so irrelevant to all the other characters that they literally have to take Rocket and Nebula and Yondu out of it and give them a whole different story only connected by the most tenuous threads just so that something interesting is happening.
>>
>>82343135
SON OF A BITCH!
>>
>>82347100
what's happening in this scene
>>
>>82350049
Same. Yondu's funeral with the Cat Stevens song playing in the background hit me even harder, though.
>>
>>82349354
>Hela is a bounty hunter
That wasn't Hela.
>>
>>82348131
That golden chick certainly lifted parts of me up allright.
>>
>>82337406
Was it as good as Doctor Strange?
>>
>>82350859
It was better.
>>
File: 1351010600439.gif (2MB, 326x244px) Image search: [Google]
1351010600439.gif
2MB, 326x244px
>>82350030
>>
>>82350666
Too much FTL does bad shit to people.
>>
>>82350030
Yondu was the only great thing in that movie. Had the feels when he died. The rest of the cast is boring. Batista is likable
>>
They really need to do something with Gamora, she lacks a distinct personality/role compared to the other Guardians
>>
>>82349101

IS HE COOL?
>>
>>82347100
>>82347794
Go home James, it's 5/10 at best.
>>
So is it good or bad? Can /tv/ decide already?
>>
>>82351250
The movie is shit except for Yondu. If you go see it, cherish the moments you see Yondu because you know it'll be good and brace yourself for the moment where he isn't on screen because they're shit.
>>
>>82351250
It's good, definitely a solid sequel.
>>
>>82351166
YEAH HE'S PRETTY COOL.
>>
>>82351250
MEDIOCRE
>>
found it really disappointing, plot was messy, villain motivation was weird. Worst bit was the jokes- in the first film it was more of a natural joking setup, in this one everyone other line was a blurted out crappy joke that caused some awkward silences in the cinema i went to:

its not ripe x4
groot brings the wrong item x7
not got tape? tape? who's got tape x5
taserface,taserface,taserface

it kinda felt like the script told a joke,then overly repeated it with no payoff 5/10
>>
Am I the only one who thought it was one of the worst MCU movies? Literally bottom 3 along with Thor 2 and IM2. Completely forgettable and wreaks of studio interference
>>
>>82351978
yes, you're the only one
>>
>>82351978
Actually this movie felt like it had the least amount of exec meddling to me desu. It's pretty much just James Gunn's movie. There were no shoehorned Infinity War set ups or awkward Infinity Gems exposition.
>>
>>82352073
So it was up to James gunn to write a bland story, force way too much low brow humour that misses more than it hits (including trying to make jokes during a funeral), use nothing but exposition throughout the entire movie and overplay baby groot? I thought he was better than that
>>
>>82349101
>>82351166
>>82351608

I never expected Yondu to be my favorite character of this film. I wasn't prepared for these feels

That's actually the movie's strength and weakness. Side characters like Yondu and Nebula were suprisingly good while Starlord, Gamorra, Groot and Drax were pretty dissapointing.
>>
>>82352242
Why are you acting like this kind of stuff is some kind of disappointment when it comes to capeshit? It's a Marvel movie, dude. Executive meddling or not if you went in expecting anything other than exactly what you've just described you only have yourself to blame.
>>
File: adam-warlock.jpg (52KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
adam-warlock.jpg
52KB, 600x338px
>Billy Idol - Eyes without a face as the theme of Adam Warlock

let it happen please
>>
>>82352364
Guardians 1 did it so much better though. Yes I went in expecting typical marvel capeshit but this was bottom of the barrel capeshit
>>
>>82352484
>i was expecting feces not diarrhea

All shit.
>>
>>82351139

They're saving her charater development for the infinity war and vol 3.

You can't really develop both Nebula and Gamorra without Thanos. And Nebula had a HELL of character development this movie, only to go out and face Thanos herself.

Gunn said that vol 3 will focus on Gamora, and we'll probably have a bit more focus on Rocket and his past, Gunn wants closure for his character.
Get ready for fucking feels.
>>
>>82337406

It really was a great movie, though.
>>
>>82351250
>>82351321
>>82351342
>>82351859

Never change /tv/
>>
>>82350030
the music worked so fucking well with that scene desu
>>
>>82351608
I'M MARY POPPINS Y'ALL
GODSPEED YONDU YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD.
>>
>>82352243
I liked the scenes between drax and mantis,made him seem more of a character beyond HAHA I'M A BADASS WARRIOR MAN
>>
>>82338801
the rocket thing was so fucking pointless, there was 0 reason for him to be so alienating especially since he wasnt like that in the first movie

they just did it so they could pretend he had an arc.
>>
>>82339701
It was awful you stupid shill
>>
>>82347880
>>82347873
are you guys retarded, of course it connects DIRECTLY to the Infinite Guantlet shit by establishing that Quill has Celestial blood and can hold infinity stones without any consequences.

Its like you shills dont even watch the movies anymore.
>>
>>82348144
it was awful
>>
>>82347755
>>82346956
OP was being sarcastic but shills are trying to spin it into legit praise. Its a bad, bad movie with barebone, forced "arcs," terrible cgi, and appalling and unrestrained use of color, and a villain with a nonsensical motivation or plan.
>>
>>82353337
Did you forget that minor part of the movie were they kill the fucking power source and showing Pratt losing his powers
>>
>>82348712
>pop culture references were lessened

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! DAVID HASSILHOF IS IN THE FUCKING MOVIE AND HE LITERALLY DEFEATS THE BAD GUY WITH PACMAN. YOU STUPID SHILL.
>>
>>82353383
>Its a bad, bad movie

But it's not, you stupid asshole.
>>
>>82348805
that was retarded, why is it amazing? she feels another person's emotion, big whoop.
>>
>>82353399
they'd better keep that running and not pull some deus ex machina shit in the next film
>>
>>82353399
>>82353436

holy shit are you retarded? He doesnt lose his ability to hold infinity stones. He did that before he ever fucking knew there was a power source. ANd he is still part celestial you stupid, stupid idiot.
>>
>>82353430
because this how drax feels and he is always hiding it and that is incredible sad?
>>
>>82353383
are you talking about BvS?
>>
>>82353421
It really really is. Rocket had no reason to be so alienating, he wasnt like that in the first movie, and Nebula just giving up on killing her sister because the plot demanded it was absolutely dumb.

Draxx had been character assassinated and turned into a fucking quip machine (And otherwise did nothing), the cgi was shit half the time, and the villain's motivation made no sense and neither did the resolution. Defeating him with a bomb, really? Thats ALL it takes to defeat a CELESTIAL? And why did Rocket even PUT the instant blow up button on the bomb? Just disconnect it dummy.
>>
>>82353337
>can hold infinity stones without any consequences

Not true at all, if Gamora and the rest of the gang hadn't touched him he would've exploded, he was desintegrating after all.

I'm pretty much sure only the power infinity stone makes you explode if you're mortal, unlike to others. Time, mind, reality can, and has been, held, controlled and managed by mortals before. Except for maybe reality, I don't remember. Did it gave Jane space cancer or something?
>>
>>82353499
>hurr durr, I cant actually defend this movie so im gunna deflect.
Atta boy mouskateer, keep up the good fight!
>>
>>82353471
he isnt hiding it at all, that moment where she touches him he is sitting there feeling sad. Its not like he was laughing and she touched him and felt sad.

God you are dumb.
>>
>>82353526

> Time, mind, reality can, and has been, held, controlled and managed by mortals before.

No they havent. Just Asgardians.
>>
>>82353528
are you speak english? I doubt.
>>
>>82353526
>Not true at all, if Gamora and the rest of the gang hadn't touched him he would've exploded, he was desintegrating after all.

Yeah okay, but he still didnt instantly die like anyone else holding the power stone. He is still HALF celestial and can touch them without being vaporized, was my point. If you dont think thats gunna play into Infinity War you are fucking retarded im sorry. It was a big set up for Quill to save the universe in another movie.
>>
>>82353578
>questions other's English
>can't even type out proper English
>>
Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd would have been a better and more emotional song for the ending than whatever the fuck that last song was.
Yes or No?
>>
>>82337406
It was pretty good.
>>
>>82353599
and?
>>
>>82353538
it showed that the sadness inside him as so great she couldn't hold it, yet he is never crying, you have autism by not being able to put yourself in the other shoes.
>>
>>82353609
It was terrible.
>>
>>82353455
"you will have your powers and immortality along as the light in this planets core is still lit"

>destroys planet core 30 minutes later.
>>
>>82353650
no, it was great.
>>
>>82353606
>Lynyrd Skynyrd would have been a better and more emotional song
Too close to home anon. too close.
>>
>>82353606
>he doesn't know father and son
GIT OUT HERE PLEB

even jhonny cash covered it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KY5vqfSKUY
>>
>>82353645
holy shit how did you get that at all? Mantis is an EMPATH her whole thing is FEELING emotions to extreme degrees. Like how when she took Draxx' laughter and said "she has never felt such laughter before!" because she is a fucking shut in on a planet and has very little exposure to emotions. It wasnt some ultra great sadness, Mantis had just never really felt ANY sadness like that.
You are such a fucking retard

"oh man we were told by another character that Draxx has sad feelings. We dont ever actually see it and it doesnt effect the plot in anyway, but this is so good because we were TOLD he feels sad!!!"

holy shit man, you are the reason movies are dying.
>>
>>82353556

>Tony Stark, Stephen Strange and Hulk are asgardians

There is a scene on Age of Ultron where Stark literally takes the stone with his hand and put on another machine.

>>82353582
I don't see what's the problem here. Every iteration of Starlords makes him half *insert something here*. He IS the starlord, it's not a joke title. Gunn takes it down a notch, to be honest.

>It was a big set up for Quill to save the universe in another movie.

Nope. This is Adam Warlock, Nebula and Gamora you're talking about. The guardians will have a SUPPORTIVE role on infinity war, buddy. You're talking shit you don't anything about.
>>
>>82353606
No. It was the best song choice in the whole movie.
>>
>>82353669
powers=/=still BEING a celestial. Sure he cant make matter anymore, but he is still part celestial. Do you think EVERY celestial gets their power from Ego?

Jesus christ you retard.
>>
>>82353242
>the rocket thing was so fucking pointless, there was 0 reason for him to be so alienating especially since he wasnt like that in the first movie
Ehhh.

I could kinda see it. In the first movie Rocket starts as a neutral evil and ends as chaotic neutral. It's an "alignment journey" story.

In the second movie the now chaotic neutral Rocket stays chaotic neutral. It's not an alignment journey. Instead it's an interpersonal relationship journey. Because the other Guardians are now no longer incidental people who he has met but actual cohabitants in his life they trigger a "pushing away" reflex that didn't exist when he assumed that they were already far enough distant from him.

Which all sounds incredibly fucking gay, but most things are when you start talking about fictional characters as if they have deeper motivations that plot convenience.
>>
>>82353679
Nope, terrible.
>>
>>82343435
I shit you not, £2.50. God bless The Plaza Cinema
>>
>>82353710
you really have autism, go check yourself.
>>
>>82353742
Believe me, is good. Just need to open your heart, mate.
>>
>>82353515
>why did Rocket even PUT the instant blow up button on the bomb?
Because he only packed one detonator and not a fucking buffet of them.
>>
>>82353715
Holy shit you are retarded to the max. Its already been confirmed Warlock will not appear in Infinity War. And I'm not saying its a problem, I'm just saying they didnt get RID of his celestial-ness, in disagreement with the guy saying that "it doesnt connect to the larger marvel universe."

Are you so dumb its this hard for you to keep track of a conversation and what the actual instigating question was?

And of course you havent even read any comics so you dont see how they are going to copy the end scene of annihilation but having it be Cap and Quill instead of Nova and Quill.
>>
>>82353729
either fucking way I don't get why they made ego his dad when it's meant to be J'son.

seems they only went for it to explain him being able to survive that shit.
>>
>>82353715
>Tony Stark, Stephen Strange and Hulk are asgardians

They didnt hold the power stone you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>82353788
>I dont have an argument but you are autistic!!

Truly the sign of an intelligent man. Pat yourself on the back.
>>
>>82353789
Nah, a movie that has to tell me what people are feeling instead of showing me is bad. A movie where the villain's motivation and defeat make no sense is awful.
>>
>>82353840
>throwing pearl at pigs
no thank you.
>>
>>82353795
but it doesnt need a fucking instant blow up button if it has a countdown timer. If there is one button that is tied to the countdown timer there is no reason to have an instant blow up button to, since you can just put the countdown timer on 0 if you want an instant blow up.

And once again, he could have just disconnected that button so baby groot wouldnt be a retard. But they had to make up some bullshit for fake drama and comedy.
>>
>>82353816
Because Marvel doesnt respect their source material. The put a lot of colors and jokes in that makes people THINK they do because they dont take comics seriously.
>>
>>82353873
>defending your point is pearls

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
I think we can all agree that these movies are not for deep plots, underlying themes (apart from the obvious family theme here), etc that can make a movie art. Its just fun. And thats all it tries to be. Good entertainment that doesn't necessitate any deeper thought.

What I don't get, is why do people that dislike such movies go see it? They know perfectly well what they're in for, yet they spend time and money to watch something they dislike. That's the stupidest thing. Why consume entertainment that does not entertain you? There must be lots of deeper and more artistic films being showed at the theatre thay you would probably like betterx, but this is the one you go see? Why?
>>
>>82353917
>take comics seriously

KEK
>>
>>82348097

entertaining =/= good... the fast and furious movies are entertaining, doesn't make them good.
>>
>>82353939
Just read the thread, many people here that didn't like it not even get the family theme, sometimes I overstimate /tv/ posters
>>
File: FOR FREE.jpg (286KB, 613x606px) Image search: [Google]
FOR FREE.jpg
286KB, 613x606px
>>82353898
>If there is one button that is tied to the countdown timer there is no reason to have an instant blow up button to, since you can just put the countdown timer on 0 if you want an instant blow up.
Yeah, okay anon.

Let me tell you a secret: the instant blow up button isn't meant to be used. If you press the instant blow up button you die to. The instant blow up button isn't for moments when you can take a smoke break and fiddle with the buttons on the back to reset the timer. The instant blow up button is for when shit's fucked.

How retarded are you not to fucking get this?

>you could just disconnect it
Maybe the screws on the back of the detonator that cover the PCB are flathead and Rocket only had a Phillips on him you idiot. This isn't even nitpicky, this is just fucking retarded. He clearly wasn't planning to have to use Groot to plant the bomb, and that's why the bomb was prepared for his use and not Groot's use.
>>
>>82353606
I would love Skynyrd in GOTG but Father and Son was perfect desu

Would like this in Vol. 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBmtaFq0kvQ
>>
>>82353939
I get invited to screenings as part of my job. I dont pay to see Marvel movies.

Also "fun" is meaningless in your context. I didnt have fun watching GotG2. I have fun with engaging movies or movies that display excellent craft. Movies that dont break my immersion by having me question the character's logic or having shitty jokes that take me out of the action.
Mad Max is fun. John Wick is fun. Logan was fun. I even had fun with parts of Live by Night. This was not fun.
>>
>>82353799

Nah, you're the dense one. His "celestial-ness" is gone now, it's done for. He's a mortal, the fact he could hold the power stone was only relevant on the first volume of the guardians of the galaxy.

Never said that Adam Warlock will feature on infinity war, just said which characters on the cosmic side might have a shoot at killing Thanos. By the way, Thanos won't be defeated on avangers 3, but 4 instead. Guardians vol 3 is coming after avangers 3, 4 will reunite all the heroes to defeat Thanos.

>>82353822
Get ready to rage when Captain America holds an infinity stone, then.
I'm pretty sure a mortal held an infinity stone before, it doesn't make a difference if nobody did, 'tho. Only the power stones makes you go kaboom. The others one might corrupt and overwhelm mortals, but nothing compared to the power stone. Doctor Strange pretty much confirmed this when Strange was able to control the time stone even if he wasn't directly holding it.
>>
>>82353973
oh I got the family theme, it was shoved in your fucking face "IM YOUR DADDY!" It was just fucking pointless because it was the theme of the first movie, just done even simpler.
>>
>>82353939
>What I don't get, is why do people that dislike such movies go see it?
Because the characters, the comedy, and the execution of the tired plot, are juuuust good enough to make it worth my money. So I go watch it and am left full of bitter visions of what might have been haunting the fun that I had, and so likewise I can only admit to the fun that I had through a haze of bitter derision.

Because I am a /tv/ poster.
>>
>>82353958
>disregarding a whole medium
>defending movies based on the same comics

kys
>>
>>82354019
this is will definitely be played in vol 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI66hcu9fIs
>>
>>82353710
Yeah, being an orphan and living alone with a weird old dude that doesn't really care about you all that much and who you know has enough skeletons to fill a cave never mind a closet doesn't really expose you to sadness at any part of your life.

Are you retarded or just autistic?
>>
>>82354102
He is austic, stop talking to him, he will probably start to screech.
>>
>>82354011
> the instant blow up button isn't meant to be used.

Then why even design it in the first place, and why not disconnect it if you dont want groot to use it?

>Maybe the screws on the back of the detonator that cover the PCB are flathead a

What? We literally see the wires plugging the button into the machine. He could have just cut that wire or literally pulled it out and disconnected it. Dont use the "but that might have triggered it!" argument, because thats not how buttons work.

T. someone whose two closest friends are professional mechanical engineers for an props/FX shop
>>
File: gunn.jpg (73KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
gunn.jpg
73KB, 800x500px
You know what, I like the GotG movies.
They're not Reddit.
They're not even Marvel.
What makes them so good, what makes them stand out is that they are clearly James Gunn movies. Son of a bitch lucked out and got handed a property which he could shape into his own personal playground and, unlike Edgar Wright with his Ant-Man flick, one that he got mostly left alone in, so he could just go wild. I mean, Howard the Duck was not a Marvel executive decision, and you have to respect a man who fights hard to be able to keep that in.
He has clear love and respect for the source material, unlike a certain revered director in these parts who is more in love with himself and blatant Christ motifs, and is one of the few working directors out there that manages his own Facebook page personally instead of just handing that over to a paid intern because he clearly loves interacting with fans.
>>
>>82354039
Then you would have even less reasons to go see it, if it weren't for your job.
>>
>>82354047
>His "celestial-ness" is gone now, it's done for.

So if my dad dies, I stop being half jewish? Is that how genetics work in your mind? Being celestial just gives him the ability to control the light. His genes arent just gone because the light is.

You stupid retard.
>>
>>82353606
You can't go wrong with Father and Son, but Simple Man is such an underappreciated song that I would have loved to hear it in the end.
>>
>>82354061
all the characters are going trough family stuff, not just peter
>Nebula and Gamora sister relationship
>Rock and Yondu never being open for relationships
>Draxx being the last of his planet
>Mantis being an orphan that entire existence is being a sleeping pill
And the main plot that family is not only held together by blood
>>
>>82354159
After watching guardians 2 I wonder if Marvel regrets fucking up with Edgar Wright and wonder if they said to Taika Waititi "make something like guardians of galaxy" and if they gave him creative freedom
>>
>>82354102

show me one part in the movie where she displays a level of sadness anywhere close to draxx? You literally said she couldnt hold his sadness, yet he only lost a wife and child. Are you saying seeing a man slaughter his children over and over again isnt worse than losing a single wife and child? Or isnt even comparable? Which is it?
Also, once again, you are retarded for thinking a scene where you are being TOLD someone is sad, and it never coming up again in any meaningful way, is good.
>>
>>82354132
>he is autistic!!!
from the person who needs to be told someone's emotions to think it was a "good" emotional scene.

okay.
>>
>>82350666
you already came but she still suckin
>>
>>82354162
and? how is that an argument
>>
>>82354159
I thought the same thing. This movie was even more Gunn than the first.

>>82354206
>Simple Man
>underappreciated

Uwot, it's literally top 5 Skynyrd, maybe even top 3.
>>
>>82353939
>why do people that dislike such movies go see it?
Because the first movie was actually a fun flick. I felt like most of the jokes on Vol. 2 went on for too long for them to be fun or they felt out of place.
>>
>>82354155
>Then why even design it in the first place
Maybe ask the people in real fucking life who really do put instant detonation triggers on their detonators, you fucking retard.

Or use your fucking brain and realise that when shit's fucked you might need your bomb to go off right fucking now and not in twenty minutes.

>and why not disconnect it if you dont want groot to use it?
What makes you think he could have?

>We literally see the wires plugging the button into the machine. He could have just cut that wire or literally pulled it out and disconnected it.
Anon, when you cut wires on bomb detonators-

>Dont use the "but that might have triggered it!" argument, because thats not how buttons work.
YES IT FUCKING IS.

If I am designing a bomb for military use my biggest concern (apart from operator safety) is that someone will disarm the bomb. So, because I am not a fucking retard, I have continuous current through the button which, when INTERRUPTED, causes the detonation. Pressing the button interrupts the current, causing detonation. CUTTING THE WIRES THAT CARRY THE CONTINUOUS CURRENT also causes detonation.

>someone whose two closest friends are professional mechanical engineers for an props/FX shop
Oh wow, look at two professions which have virtually fucking nothing in common with combat engineering, something which my father is for the RAE, and I literally just asked him how military detonators work. Wanna guess what his answer was?
>>
It's a fun movie to watch. But they should have build the bad guy up throughout the movie.
Plus the comment of Ego that turned Quille against him was presented in such a dumb way that it was barely believeable.

Its a missed oppertunity. And if you're fighting a planet you could have done so much more than what they did.
>>
>>82354193

Have you seen the movie? Ego straight up tells him so, he only has power while he's on the planet, if the light is gone, his celestial genes are as good as your cancerous genes. He is only immortal if he bathes on the light of Ego's planet. Guess what? Ego exploded, the planet is gone, never to come back, as any good ol' marvel planet. This means, the far extend of his celestial genes now is making him being able to hold the infinity stone without desintegrating in less than 10 seconds. Nothing more, nothing less. This doesn't mean he's going to use it against Thanos, he won't. It served as a plot device only on the first guardians.

You're talking shit about stuff you don't know anything about. By killing Ego, he made himself a mortal, a snowflakey mortal, but a mortal nonetheless.
>>
>>82354214
I never said they didnt, but its still retarded because that was the whole theme of the first movie and all the "Arcs" you posted were barebones and forced as fuck.
Nebula tries to kill Gamora until she saves her life (again) and then suddenly stops because the plot demands it.
Rocket was alienating for NO REASON and wasnt like that in the first movie. Yondu somehow seeing himself in Rocket was extremely shitty and unnatural. They are really nothing alike as characters and James Gunn basically undid what little characterization there was for Yondu in GotG to force a fake arc.
Draxx being the last of his planet didnt matter one lick. He just talked about it with Mantis and that was it. He didnt change in anyway or form. Same with the Mantis thing, all that it gave us was Mantis added to the team. Big whoop.

>And the main plot that family is not only held together by blood

Holy shit, literally the plot of the first movie. "The family you choose"
>>
>>82354080
Who defends it? I just go for entertainment. You take serious all the fucking movies you watch? Man, what wrong with you?
>>
Are you ready for this to come out in America and for /tv/ to start hating it and being incapable of keeping a civil thread about it going?
>>
>>82354425
and what is the matter of the two movies having the same theme? star wars had the same theme about family for 7 movies now, I don't get what you want from it, you're not going to get Chinatown or Casablanca out of a comedy action movie about space talking raccoon
>>
>>82337406
>first movie comes out
>/tv/ shits on it relentlessly
>sequel comes out
>"the first one was good though"

Kek. This board
>>
Basically what I'm getting from this thread is that the movie overall is average at best, with a few key scenes that stand out, and a catchy soundtrack... sounds about on par with every other marvel film if you ask me, what's all the fuss about?
>>
This film is fuckin shit
>>
>>82354534
it is not, if it didn't have the marvel logo at the start could easily pass as its own franchise and it is clearly a james gunn movie not a "marvel" movie like thor, avengers, iron man past 1 etc
>>
>>82354534
A lot of scenes are rememberable. But they are also incredibly B-comedy lame.

If you pretend you are going to watch a new dude where's my car then the movie will be pretty awesome.
>>
>>82354094
He's got a Zune now, with over 300 songs!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeUx5sdp3qM

The possibilities are endless!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4eav7dFvc8
>>
File: Bomb.jpg (35KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
Bomb.jpg
35KB, 600x316px
>>82354367
>Maybe ask the people in real fucking life who really do put instant detonation triggers on their detonators, you fucking retard.

Nobody, except suicide bombers, but instant detonation ON a bomb you stupid dumb ass. I can't believe you really thought those words you typed were worth typing. Like seriously, are you a child?
>Or use your fucking brain and realise that when shit's fucked you might need your bomb to go off right fucking now and not in twenty minutes.

Again, the timer could just be set to 0:00 really easy. Rocket set the time in less than a second. You dumb.
>What makes you think he could have?
Because I could literally see the wires connecting the button to the bomb. Pic related, literally just cut the wire.
>YES IT FUCKING IS.
No it doesnt. Disconnecting a button doesnt do that, that shit is just in bullshit movies. And even then when they do the "cut the right wire!" bullshit, its the wires IN the bomb dumbass, not the ones connecting the buttons.
>If I am designing a bomb for military use my biggest concern (apart from operator safety) is that someone will disarm the bomb. So, because I am not a fucking retard, I have continuous current through the button which, when INTERRUPTED, causes the detonation. Pressing the button interrupts the current, causing detonation. CUTTING THE WIRES THAT CARRY THE CONTINUOUS CURRENT also causes detonation.
How, in your mind, does disconnecting the instant blow up button disarm the bomb? Im really curious for why you think that works that way. I think its because you are retarded. Because what you describe was basically a deadman switch, and the bomb was not that.

>Oh wow, look at two professions which have virtually fucking nothing in common with combat engineering, something which my father is for the RAE, and I literally just asked him how military detonators work. Wanna guess what his answer was?

His answer was that you would never but an instant blow up button ON the actual bomb.
>>
>>82354484
welcome to 4chan! all is retarded, faggot and reddit... oh, and KINO.
>>
>>82354586

It already kinda is it's own franchise in a way. Probably bigger than the avengers, or as big by now, and that meta joke Rocky made about them jacking up their prices because they're two times galaxy saviors says alot. Gunn probably has more freedom than any other director tied to the MCU.
>>
>>82354407
I have the seen it, and never does Ego go "when the light goes away, so will all your celestial genetics!" Just the powers (which means the manipulation of the light you dumbass)

You really dont understand genetics at all.

> He is only immortal if he bathes on the light of Ego's planet.

No where does anyone say that. They say he is immortal, and he will lose that immortality if the planet dies (because its fair to assume the light keeps them immortal, not that he loses his celestial genes if the light is gone. Its like kryptonians and yellow sunlight. They dont just stop being kryptonians if there is no yellow sunlight around, they just dont have powers).
You are so retarded.
> This means, the far extend of his celestial genes now is making him being able to hold the infinity stone without desintegrating in less than 10 seconds

Thats exactly what ive been saying, and if you dont think this will be relevant to Infinity War you are retarded.
>>
Its literally a parody of Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>82354586

Regardless if marvel's logo is on it or not, the general consensus seems to be that it's an average film with few good scenes. Nothing wrong with a film being average, but saying it's good just because it may have a few redeeming moments is dumb... batman v superman has some good moments in it, still overall considered shit.
>>
>>82354485
Its lazy as fuck, and Star Wars did NOT have the same theme about family. In fact the "family" themes are very secondary to Star Wars.

And like I said the way they were done this time was really bad and unnatural.

>you're not going to get Chinatown or Casablanca out of a comedy action movie about space talking raccoon

I hate this response so much. I expected competence and not lazy assgrab nonsense. It Mad Max can manage to be dumb action that is still well done and carries a different theme in every movie, then so can the Marvel movies.
>>
>>82354747
It is not just average, it is really good.
>>
>>82354460
>hahaha its just entertainment turn off your brain!!!

nope, i like to be stimulated by art. for me that is fun and entertaining.
>>
>>82354705
Not him, but it is implied that Egos body was only immortal if he returned to his planet from time to time. And the same applies to Quille.
>>
>>82354726
this
>>
>>82354778
>Its lazy as fuck, and Star Wars did NOT have the same theme about family. In fact the "family" themes are very secondary to Star Wars.
Opinion discarded, you're an idiot.
>>
>>82354796
no it doesnt. Ego's body was an extension of his brain which was in the planet. His core being was in the planet, thats why he had to return. Quill's brain is IN his body.

Jesus christ, its like the entire movie going public is retarded.
>>
>>82354819
not an argument. Prove to me Star Wars had "family" as a major theme through the original trilogy. Ill wait.
>>
>>82354819
>he thinks the main theme is "family"
>when Leia being the sister is revealed as an after thought
>when Vader being his father is used more as a dark mirror than anything else

sad!

you are really not very smart.
>>
>>82354830
Quille has no known power of its own. He literally draws his power from Ego. Not from his own brain.
>>
>>82354705

You keep bashing the point that I said his celestial genes would be gone for the sake of your argument, I never implied that, just said tha they are now useless, because it only works when he's walking on the surface of his dad and has other minor effect anywhere else.

The fact that he can hold a power stone for more than a couple of seconds really don't give them any advantage, you're being paranoid by saying this is going to be relevant during infinity war, you should be worried about the other earth super powered mortals that will probably hold an infinity stone during the war and making your mind go bananas, not Quill. Quill is the only one with a plausible reason to hold one, and he won't.

Unless you're american and you think Quill will stole the power gem, make all avangers hug him and kill Thanos as if they would repeat what happened during the final battle of GoG vol 1.
>>
>>82354591

I figured this movie would be the same as the last, tries slightly too hard to be funny and has some cool action. What I would consider to personally be a good movie is one that a) makes me think about things beyond the flashing lights and explosions. And b) makes me want to rewatch it in hopes I'll get a better understand of certain concepts I may have overlooked. I find it hard to believe this film accomplishes either of those with anyone who's seen it.
>>
>>82354931
It has pretty neat flashy lights though.
>>
>>82354790
Is it really good, or are there specific good scenes that make you say that? there's a huge difference. That movie 43 film was a complete pile of shit if you ask me, but there was that one basketball skit they did that was good in my opinion, I would by no means consider that movie good or even average.
>>
>>82354611
>Nobody, except suicide bombers, but instant detonation ON a bomb you stupid dumb ass.
Good thing it's only a fucking detonator you FUCKING RETARD.

Rocket takes an OFF THE SHELF DETONATOR WITH NO BOMBS ATTACHED TO IT, CONCEIVABLY INTENDED TO BE USED FROM SOMEWHERE FAR AWAY FROM THE ACTUAL BOMB, and then jury rigs it to some explosive batteries. Mother of fuck, THINK about the fucking situation before spouting your fucking retardation.

>Again, the timer could just be set to 0:00 really easy.
Evidently fucking not, and even if it COULD be, not as easily as just pressing the fucking button. Nothing you say will ever make resetting a timer faster and easier than pressing the button, thus the button still and forevermore has a use case.

>Disconnecting a button doesnt do that
Shut the fuck up. Continuous current runs from an internal battery through the detonator. When this current is interrupted, the detonator detonates the bomb. Depressing the button interrupts the current. Cutting the detonator wiring also interrupts the current. To arm the bomb you first turn on the battery, and then turn on the fuse. Hence the two-switch detonator.

>How, in your mind, does disconnecting the instant blow up button disarm the bomb?
I don't think that you fucking retard. I think that disconnecting the instant blow up button DETONATES the bomb.

I can tell that you're a fucking idiot who will continue being wrong indefinitely even if I post the schematics for the actual bombs that the Australian Army uses which have this exact anti-tamper system, but mother of fuck stop pretending that knowing somebody who works with fireworks makes you an expert in bomb design when I have a fucking combat engineer in the next room.
>>
>>82354830

Peter celestial genes allowed him to drawn power from Ego and manipulate the light. Peter has no such powers without ego.

He couldn't do the same in the body of another celestial, because his celestial genes are ego's genes, you should know that, unless you're bill nye the science cuck.

And Thanos is a titan, not a celestial, I don't know what you're babbling about.
>>
>>82354999
I don't want to spoil to you, but if anything I wish new star wars movies were like this.
it is creative, it is gritty but in the sense they don't shy away of showing dead bodies and literal robot prostitutes, it has comedy even if not every joke lands many are good and it has the only memorable villain in the MCU
>>
>>82355118
>it has the only memorable villain in the MCU
Yeah, I also loved that golden woman.
>>
>>82355118

Seems to me the only argument for the film seems to always lead back to the "for an MCU film" argument... just because it's better than other MCU films doesn't mean it's good in the grand scheme of things. I'm not denying its entertainment value, all superhero films are entertaining for the most part. Like I said early, it's an average movie with some above average scenes.
>>
>>82354902
>>82355084
I never said he had powers of his own. All I said was the reason Ego needed to go back was because his body was too far away from his brain. Quill's brain is in his body so he didnt need to go back to Ego to stay alive.

>And Thanos is a titan, not a celestial, I don't know what you're babbling about.
Never said he wasnt . Way to just make stuff up. But if you dont think Quill is going to grab the power stone again in Infinity War then you are dumb.
>>
>>82354906
I think Quill will grab the power stone out of the gauntlet/from Thanos in an attempt to get it away from him is what I think.

Alternatively, his Celestial genes will play into some retarded dues ex machina.
>>
>>82355262
it is a big block buster made by james gunn, It does't have ellen page getting her head blown off in full screen but it is shown people being thrown in the space while slowly freezing to death while being laughed at
>>
>>82355410

ok...?
>>
>>82355346
>>82355300

>But if you dont think Quill is going to grab the power stone again in Infinity War then you are dumb.
>I think Quill will grab the power stone out of the gauntlet/from Thanos in an attempt to get it away from him is what I think.

So, I was right then, avarage american. Thats why you're so retarded.

This discussion is over, if you can't grasp on the immense complexity of a kids movie who pretty much lay things in your face, as a whole scene of Quill himself losing the heat of his light in his hand as a sign that he no longer has power after ego exploded, anything else you say is bullshit.

By the way, once the gem is in the gautlet, it's over, you can't snatch it. I would say to go read a comic, but I guess you're semi-illiterate as well.
>>
>>82355006
>Good thing it's only a fucking detonator you FUCKING RETARD.

A detonator built INTO the bomb its detonating you dumb ass. The rest of your argument isnt worth responding to because its built on this fault premise that you think they are two separate units.

Look at the pic, the detonator is ON the bomb, which means it was detonator designed to be put on a bomb with an instant detonation button.
Stop being so retarded.
>Continuous current runs from an internal battery through the detonator.

No they dont. The detonator MAKES a current that sets off the bomb. You are thinking of a deadman's switch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detonator#Electrical_detonators

>There are three categories of electrical detonators: instantaneous electrical detonators (IED), short period delay detonators (SPD) and long period delay detonators (LPD). SPDs are measured in milliseconds and LPDs are measured in seconds. In situations where nanosecond accuracy is required, specifically in the implosion charges in nuclear weapons, exploding-bridgewire detonators are employed. The initial shock wave is created by vaporizing a length of a thin wire by an electric discharge. A new development is a slapper detonator, which uses thin plates accelerated by an electrically exploded wire or foil to deliver the initial shock. It is in use in some modern weapon systems. A variant of this concept is used in mining operations, when the foil is exploded by a laser pulse delivered to the foil by optical fiber.

See, it doesnt have a constant current.
You are so dumb it hurts.
>>
>>82355451
have you ever watched Super? did you like it? well then it is just like that but with a big budget and less gory.
>>
>>82355482
>he has never seen anyone takes the gems out of the gauntlet

you need to read more comics.
>>
>>82355482
>losing a connection to the light means he lost his genetics
>was able to hold a power gem without using any light power before

you are retarded. Its like you didnt even pass basic biology.
>>
>>82355507
its nothing like Super at all you nitwit.
>>
>>82355563
It really is like it if you take in consideration it is a big budget movie and you clearly can't show things like rape or head blowing off.
>>
>>82355482
Do you have any proof that Quill was only able to hold the power gem because of Ego? He wasnt anywhere near the planet and didnt use any of his "light" powers to do it....
>>
>>82355616
It really really isnt. The core story and theme are completely different. One is about a guy's delusional idea of being a superhero. The other is a shonen anime with daddy issues.
>>
>>82355616
>its like this movie if you take out all the parts in which it is different

You truly are a smart, smart man.
>>
>>82355666
>taking off =/= tonning down

retard.
>>
>>82355688
nobody said taking off, at least learn to greentext correctly if you are going to continue to be a retard. How about you explain HOW exactly the two movies are the same? Is it because one has a sidekick that rapes the protagonist and the other doesnt? Is it because one has a delusional protagonist who doesnt have any actual powers and isnt actually hero, but the other doesnt? Is it because one has a dancing baby tree and a talking racoon and the other doesnt?
>>
>>82355688
>calling other people retards
>cant defend his thesis
>cant even quote people right

Sad!
>>
File: F24XHNMFBN9VWQ0.MEDIUM.jpg (22KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
F24XHNMFBN9VWQ0.MEDIUM.jpg
22KB, 620x413px
>>82355494
>Look at the pic, the detonator is ON the bomb, which means it was detonator designed to be put on a bomb with an instant detonation button.
You are a fucking retard. Jesus fucking Christ. How can one person be this fucking dumb.

Pic related is a detonator. It has an instant detonation button. Look, there are no bombs attached. This detonator is designed to be used far, far away from the bomb it is detonating.

I could tape explosives to the back of this detonator - enough that it will certainly kill me if it goes off while I'm holding it. Will this suddenly make the instant detonation button stop working?

USE YOUR FUCKING BRAIN.

>See, it doesnt have a constant current.
You need to kill yourself immediately, because one of the ways that professional bombs are set up for anti-tamper is to have a fake blasting cap with a constant test current running down it through a wire to the detonator which, when cut, sets off the real hidden blasting cap. The detonator simulates this process by interrupting the test current when the button is depressed.
>>
>>82355666
>nobody said taking off
>>its like this movie if you take out all the parts
>>>take out
retard.
>>
>>82355804
Yes that detonator is designed to be used far away. The one Rocket had was not or else it would have been.
How are you this dumb?

>You need to kill yourself immediately, because one of the ways that professional bombs are set up for anti-tamper is to have a fake blasting cap with a constant test current running down it through a wire to the detonator which, when cut, sets off the real hidden blasting cap. The detonator simulates this process by interrupting the test current when the button is depressed.

>no proof/source
>thinks that the detonator made with two options, and instant blow up button and a countdown button, that cant even be removed from the bomb, would have this or would have it active if the countdown wasnt active
man you are so dumb, it stopped hurting and it became funny.
>>
>>82355806
>off=out

Jesus, you just get dumber with every post. Go learn English and come back.
>>
itt: the comic book store of The Big Bang Theory
>>
>>82355936
retard.
>>
>>82355985
Great argument.
>>
>>82354500
This so much.

I only come to /tv/ to shitpost because this board is too simple. Reddit is better for more serious discussions.
>>
It was pretty decent. I think i probably preferred the first one - i just didn't like the 'dad is a big evil archon rahhhh destruction of all eeeeeeeeeevil' thing it just felt really forced

They shouldn't really try to use villains with deep philosophical themes such as immortality and world creation/building if they're not willing to explore what that means beyond a black and white 'evil'
>>
>>82355954
Drax, with a boldering laugh
>>
>>82355529

It doesn't work like that. It's the good 'ol "one does not simply walk into mordor" situation. You can't just snatch the gem from the gauntlet, let alone Quill.

>>82355547
Never said that pal, just said that his genes are good as nothing except for the fact that he can hold a gem like the power stone for a bit more time compared to others.

>>82355620
End of gog vol 1, Nova Prime said that the reason Peter survived for as long as he did was because of his celestial genes.
>>
>>82355916
>The one Rocket had was not or else it would have been.
What part of "I took half a minute to tape some explosive batteries to this detonator" makes you think he had time to establish a safe perimeter and spool out enough wire? What part of making do with off-the-shelf-components being used in roles they're not intended for isn't sinking through your thick fucking skull?

You assert that this detonator is designed to go on the bomb because it's necessary to your argument, not because it actually makes sense. You're not interested in making sense or being right, just winning an internet fight to preserve your fragile ego, because you are a fucking moron.

>>no proof/source
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

What, do you want me to link you to the step-by-step manual on how to be a fucking terrorist?

It is objectively possible to use a fake blasting cap and constant current to set up an anti-tamper device on a bomb and if you can't understand how you have no business talking about anything involving the slightest amount of electrical engineering knowledge in the first place. There are many possible types of anti-tamper devices, none of which are helpfully laid out on the internet for you.

In 1980 John Birges set up a bomb at Harvey's Wagon Wheel Casino. If you want to learn about what you do with bombs when you're trying to kill people who mess with them, Google that. There's tons of good articles.
>>
File: image006.jpg (33KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image006.jpg
33KB, 600x450px
>>82355916
Also
>>thinks that the detonator made with two options, and instant blow up button and a countdown button, that cant even be removed from the bomb, would have this or would have it active if the countdown wasnt active
What the fuck do you think the switches are for?

One turns on the battery, the other arms the fuse. Arm the fuse before the battery and the bomb goes off. Arm the battery and then press the button and no explosion. Jesus fuck.

Or, maybe, just maybe, this detonator is designed to be sold in multiple markets or to pyrotechnicians with multiple needs who want just one detonator, and so it can be rigged either for a timer or an instant detonation so that they don't have to swap fucking detonators all the time while they're doing their job.

LIKE PEOPLE DO IN REAL LIFE. PIC RELATED. IT'S MAGIC: A DETONATOR THAT CAN BE USED BOTH FOR TIMED EXPLOSIONS OR FOR INSTANT EXPLOSIONS.
>>
>>82355507

I've seen super, I've also seen the last Guardians of the Galaxy... it's not just like it. they may share certain themes, cause they're both technically (super)hero movies, beyond that they are completely different.
>>
File: literally me.jpg (370KB, 808x625px) Image search: [Google]
literally me.jpg
370KB, 808x625px
>>82337406
>Wow, what a great film.

this is just embarrassing. Like I'm sure the film is fine and everything but "wow what a great film"

>wow
>great
Literally, kill yourself
>>
File: Screenshot_20170504-015635.jpg (82KB, 1313x132px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170504-015635.jpg
82KB, 1313x132px
>>82347988
are you retarded,pic related is literally the definition of what makes stuff good.
>>
So, when is the Ayesha and Quill porn going to be released?
>>
>>82343149
Vue employee. It's £4.99 and £6.99 for VIP. Stop lying.
>>
>>82347988
It's good by MCU standards, if only because it takes more risks and while it is very hit and miss there are more hits than misses.
>>
>>82353710
Did they ever explain exactly why Ego had trouble sleeping to the extent that he needed a slave, or was it simply a case of "QUICK, SHIT OUT A BACKSTORY SO WE CAN GIVE THIS COMEDY CHARACTER A REASON FOR BEING IN THE MOVIE"?
>>
>>82357690
Anon, you already know the answer to that.
>>
>>82357690
He was probably upset that his children were all failures. Ruining his grand plan.
>>
>>82357690
she is a sleeping pill for him
I would be pretty anxious if I was an immortal god that realized that your plan is going to the shitter
>>
>>82353816
I'm sticking with it being a joke that the stereotypically egocentric lovable rogue is the son of Ego, and his being humbled in the story is necessary for his relationship with his assortive family, the guardians
>>
>>82353253
I am no shill, sir. I assure you. I am only a man who can recognize Kino when he sees it.
>>
>>82337406
Yea Ioved how the Avengers were not mentioned at all and how it felt like a standalone movie
>>
>>82354485
The first film was about discovering a family of choice.

The second was about rejecting your blood heritage. They are opposite sides of the same coin
>>
>>82354694
Don't call Rocket 'Rocky' when Rocky also showed up in this film
>>
>>82356605
>Says this shit when he hasn't even seen the movie

Fuck right off
>>
>>82337406

The yondu send off scene at end was great.
>>
>>82349354
1.- He called himself a celestial but besides from his millions of years he didn't know that truth... or maybe the concept of the celestial is wider.
2.- That happened many times in the comics and it was just for the laughs (mos of the audience don't know shit about them)
3.- That wasn't hela
>>
>>82349681
>Rick and Morty cameo
What, I just saw the movie and I didn't see that.
>>
>>82357308
my vue is £4, get fucked
>>
Tsundere Rocket is best Rocket, and I seriously hope they don't develop that away from him.
>>
I LITERALLY CRIED ON THAT GLORIOUS YONDU SCENE
>>
>>82337406
Post your most guilty pleasure jokes from the film:

AHH! MY NIPPLES
Baby Groot puking
Ayesha arriving on the robot-whore planet
You suck, Xylak.
>>
File: Drax Dance.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Drax Dance.gif
2MB, 400x400px
DANCE!!!
>>
>GotG 1 intro
>kids mom dies of cancer, he goes into space
>understandably grows up to be an asshole, listens to his walkman while he dances through an aincient ruin kicking rodents
>works pretty well for introducing main character as well as moving the plot forwards

>GotG 2
>no context whatsoever
>LOOK AT GROOT! HE IS LIKE A BABY OR SOMETHING
>remember that scene where he was a baby?! Wasnt that funny?! Hes still a baby!
>look! Hes dancing and not noticing things! Watch this CGI baby dance in front of a CGI backdrop and try to pretend its not as embarassing as when your dad shows you some 3D animation his friend emailed to him
>>
>>82363985
This pasta has already gone stale.
>>
>>82363985
>no context whatsoever
only retards could not catch some context
>>
>>82362453
You have the shittest fucking taste I can imagine.

The only way you could have worse taste is if you like the turd joke.

Kill yourself.

>AHH! MY NIPPLES
HA HA BIG STRONG MAN IS TROUBLED BY INCONSEQUENTIAL THING, AND ALSO MALE NIPPLES ARE KIND OF WEIRD BUT NOT ACTUALLY EROTIC, BUT THEY KIND OF ARE, SO REFERENCING THEM IS KINDA QUIRKY
>Baby Groot puking
This would be acceptable if the amount of Baby Groot in the film didn't make ME want to puke.
>Ayesha arriving on the robot-whore planet
HA HA REGAL ENTRANCE RUINED BY DUMB GAFFE, EXCEPT IT'S DRASTICALLY OVERPLAYED AND FOCUSED ON INSTEAD OF JUST BEING A QUICK SIGHT GAG LIKE QUILL DROPPING THE ORB IN THE FIRST ONE
>You suck, Xylak.
Could have been okay if, again, they didn't go so fucking hard with it.

Jokes like that should be fucking casual and incidental, not take five seconds and then pause for laughter. You belong in a gas chamber. Your taste is literally worse than Hitler.

The only good jokes in the entire film (not all of these are even jokes, which is WHY THEY WORK):
>ayesha flirting with Quill
>rocket talking to drax about the batteries (but not the preceding LOL WINKING WITH WRONG EYE)
>drax revealing rocket stole the batteries (borderline but drax's acting made it)
>team banter after the crash (why the fuck don't they have more of this? it's clearly their strength)
>rocket on yondu's teeth
>the first maybe two of groot's wrong item gags
>yondu and rocket's escape isn't even a joke but it deserves to be on any list of good scenes regardless
>kraglin on the ship while the guardians fight ego
>the first half of the tape gag
>"mantis, look out!"
There, out of a two hour movie that is everything about it that is even slightly amusing.
>>
>>82364791
I think we found a new king of autism.
>>
>>82364791
You need to take a xanax, buddy.
>>
>>82364791

you must be fun at parties, retard.
>>
>>82364791
Ladies and Gentlemen, we found him.

The worst human being to ever exist.
>>
>>82347988
>Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 is a two hour distraction and nothing more.
> It doesn't matter if it's the most orgasmic distraction you've ever seen - if that's all it is, then that's ALL it is.
you should just kys m8 this isn't a criticism. It's a schlock adventure popcorn movie and life has no meaning other than the meaning we create.
>If all a movie needs to be to be good is be a fucking distraction then movies are a dead artform.
You're a faggot kid that needs to watch more grown up movies and stop shilling your idiot knownothing edgy teen shit all over my goddamn board. What is genre theory faggot?
>>
>>82354159
Been saying it since I saw the first GotG: in 60 years the only thing that'll still be remembered on it's own from the marvel era will be the GotG trilogy.
>>
>>82354193
every damn time
the nose knows
>>
File: cool guy.jpg (3KB, 120x117px) Image search: [Google]
cool guy.jpg
3KB, 120x117px
>>82368010
This is the most pathetic attempt at a rebuttal I think I've ever seen.
>>
File: johnboy.png (211KB, 1188x332px) Image search: [Google]
johnboy.png
211KB, 1188x332px
is feminism just a giant scam?
>>
>>82368281
Not him but your so called argument had nothing but "its a distraction".
You need to go more in depth if you want to call it a debate.
>>
>>82368281
A: You made zero valid points that needed to be rebutted. I was making a PSA.
B: This isn't debate club dipshit if I want to tell you, anon to anon, why your fucking mush minded self importance is cancer for your young developing mind, I will.

Change your cognition asap or do future you a favor and scramble your brains with a bullet.
>>
>>82369493

*airhorn goes off*
>>
>>82369561
get down and give me 50 pushups, maggot!
>>
>>82369143
>Not him but your so called argument had nothing but "its a distraction".
Try reading the rest of that comment chain.

>>82369493
>claims that he would rebut "valid" points
>then claims that he doesn't give a fuck about valid points and will do whatever the fuck he wants
Pathetic.
>>
>>82369618
>says movie is nothing more than a distraction
>le nihilism meme.jpg
>be a pedantic cringey autist about muh semantic rules to anyone that responds
>refuse to actually respond to anything
have you been diagnosed yet or are you still too young?
>>
>>82354603
Do they still make zunes? Or was that the joke?

They never even sold zunes in my country to begin with
>>
File: 1420478549226.jpg (7KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
1420478549226.jpg
7KB, 200x252px
>>82343149
4 euros here. Definitely the right price, I enjoyed the movie for what it was.
>>
>>82369825
>refuses to respond to anything
Nigga I made several replies to the other anon detailing all of the things you're accusing me of not addressing.

Read the fucking thread.
>>
Just got back from seeing it here in the US. Work in a theater so we get to see it early and free, and for that it was alright. Definitely wouldn't pay to go see it, but then again I thought the first one was way overhyped too
>>
>>82369969
nah I'm just here to tell you personally that your thought disorder is cancer. Not interested in your dipshit iamverysmart memes.

Do you trust your thoughts? Maybe don't.
>>
>>82337406
> held back on the pop culture references, pandering quips and call-ups to upcoming films

This is not a critique that people have. It's what the critique /tv/ has. Normies LOVE that shit, that's why Marvel keeps doing it.

No non-redditor//tv/poster has ever said "man, I wish they had less jokes in these Marvel movies!"
>>
File: 1454468986202.jpg (40KB, 420x388px) Image search: [Google]
1454468986202.jpg
40KB, 420x388px
If the Justice League flick is even half this quippy and fun my life will be complete.
>>
File: jazzfrog.png (479KB, 960x804px) Image search: [Google]
jazzfrog.png
479KB, 960x804px
>>82337406
Post yfw:
>He may be your father, but he ain't your daddy
>>
File: hey alright.webm (187KB, 600x255px) Image search: [Google]
hey alright.webm
187KB, 600x255px
>>82370128
get ready to have an incomplete life
>>
>>82351978
t. Jeremy Jahns
>>
>>82337406
kino
>>
File: i love how shitty this place is.png (175KB, 236x349px) Image search: [Google]
i love how shitty this place is.png
175KB, 236x349px
>>82370054
Why do you keep replying to a discussion you apparently don't want to have?

Do you think I am actually slowly being convinced by your dribble or is this just lastwordism?
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.