[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions about Sweeney Todd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7157.jpg (299KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7157.jpg
299KB, 2048x1536px
SPOILER WARNING!

If you haven't watched it, don't read this thread
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Why did Sweeney decide to randomly murder people after the Pirelli incident instead of focusing on his nemeses Judge Turpin and Beadle Bamford?

2. Why did that Tobias kid decide to kill Sweeney?

3. How did he know mrs. Lovett hid the fact from him that had been alive until that point in the story?

Thanks!
>>
>>82336639
*that his wife had been alive
>>
>>82336639
>>1. Why did Sweeney decide to randomly murder people after the Pirelli incident instead of focusing on his nemeses Judge Turpin and Beadle Bamford?
Meat for the meat pies
>2. Why did that Tobias kid decide to kill Sweeney?
because he killed Ms Lovett
>3. How did he know mrs. Lovett hid the fact from him that had been alive until that point in the story?
because he recognized the old woman as his wife in the end
I feel like these were all really self explanatory, but I like Sweeney Todd so I want to talk about it
>>
1. Mrs Lovett talked him into it.
2. Revenge over Mrs Lovett's death
3. He didn't realize until he killed her and recognized her

Basically Sweeney did nothing wrong, it was all Mrs Lovett's fault, that cunt.
>>
I was in a college production of Sweeney Todd that made it into the local paper. I also obviously read the book, but, I have never seen the movie. I refuse to. I have no idea if the stories are the same, so, I'll just offer you a bump and be on my way. G'day, Sir.

*doffs my hat*
>>
>Back of his smile, under his word
>Sweeney heard music that nobody heard

>Hugging the blade, waiting the years
>Sweeney hears music that nobody hears

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>82336727
Even though he recognized his wife, how did he know Lovett knew the whole time she was alive?
>>
>>82336860
I presume that she was at one time recognizable as his wife, and that over time she became to hideous to recognize. They both seemed to live in the same neighborhood for a long time
>>
>>82336860
Forgot how it went in the movie, but in the musical she confesses to Sweeney that she didn't tell him the truth about his wife because she loved him, prompting to Sweeney to pretend he's OK with it and that he loves her too, dancing with her a bit, then throwing her into the oven
>>
>>82336860
She was the one who said that his wife was dead, so natural is she wasn't then Lovett was lying.
>>
>>82336860

Two reasons.

1. She said that his wife was dead.
2. We see her actively fucking with Sweeney's wife on two occasions.

Sweeney doubtlessly saw her skulking around too.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.