[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the Nier of /tv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4841.jpg (122KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4841.jpg
122KB, 630x1200px
Is this the Nier of /tv/?
>>
I don't know what Nier is, I don't watch anime.
>>
>>82334138

That's fortunate, because its a video game.
>>
>>82334120
No.
>>
is this series actually interesting? I only watched the first few minutes and thought its a shitty western series?
>>
>>82334120
Oh, becuase they both have robots right?
>>
>>82334696
It's top notch until Maeve becomes fully aware. It's all downhill from there.
>>
THEERAOFWHITEMENHASCOMETOANEND
>>
>>82335184
She's not aware tho
>>
>>82334120
>Nier
>badly coded, poorly run game with a damn good story held together by a shoestring budget

No, it's nothing like Nier.
>>
>>82334629
Even worst. Consider ending your life asap
>>
>>82334629
So what does it signify? Is it trash? Is it good?
>>
>>82334696
It's sort of entertaining, but I'm disappointed in how unimaginative plot development is. It's also convoluted for its own sake. I like the twist about timeline, but characters tend to behave in nosensical way just to produce a twist.
>>
What a stupid fucking comparison. What is this even supposed to mean?
>>
>>82335818
>twist about timeline
was so predictable
>>
>>82335872
Like it's meant to be. They threw around clues, then revealed it. This is the only part I would consider to be actually well done.
>>
>>82335184
That only happens in the last minutes of the last episode.
>>
>>82334696
Next to thrones its the best show on HBO. Really gets your noggin joggin with AI and what it actually means to be concious.
>>
>tfw no Armistice gf
>>
>>82335966
But thrones is shit now.
>>
>>82334120
I thought Nier is good tho
>>
>>82335184
Funny thing is, she only becomes "fully aware" at the end of the season. But regardless I never had a problem with Maeve, she made a good story and its fun seeing Felix inadvertanly doom the human race by helping her.
>>
>>82335966
>Really gets your noggin joggin with AI and what it actually means to be concious.
What DOES it mean to be conscious? The only thing I could derive from this show is that if you torture computers long enough, they'd become people.

Person of Interest (Previous show by the same guys) was a more coherent and interesting take on AI.
>>
>>82336033
it wasnt fun, it was just idiotic how those two humans were acting around her
>>
>>82336000
Matter of opinion m8, but hinestly comparing the two is like apples and oranges. Westworld wants to make you think about a pretty clear and concise issue while Thrones wants to be this big adventure all around this new world.

Even though its just one season right now, whats great is that the story presented there actually has a beginning and end. You learn all the questions presented to you in the first few episodes and shit actually had consequence.
>>
>>82336060
I mean, in the crudest way of putting it that is what Ford belived, but there is more. The idea of a bicameral mind, that you can find a deeper self by becoming a shitstain, and the idea that we are built around these cornerstone memories. Hell, you could argue that even though he isn't a bot William was built around his adventure with Dolores.

And regardless, its an interesting point to think about with regards to the shows story.
>>
>>82336189
I liked this show more when Ford seemed like a mad artist who seeks to create an ultimate story by editing and controlling people (Androids, but they were functionally human). Then he's revealed to be just a boring robo-lover.
>>
File: 1493020954703.png (2MB, 1294x881px) Image search: [Google]
1493020954703.png
2MB, 1294x881px
Is Persona 5 the /tv/ of video games?
>>
While I do enjoy the show (hell, I might even like it), it's retarded for the development of William becoming the MiB. That is, for there being none, and neither could I possibly imagine how he would become that person. He's got social anxiety and from all I know, that's VERY effective at preventing you from becoming a huge sadistic asshole. So basically it boils down to hurr durr humans are evil. Which they are not doomed to be. I could even go on how the MiB raping Maeve (that's her name, right) tells probably more about the makers of the show than about the MiB, but given how hopelessly anti-feminist this place is, I'd rather steer clear of that discussion.
>>
>>82334138
that comment outet you as a weabu
>>
>>82336232
I mean, isn't he still that mad artist-god? His awakening of the hosts is his newest, and greatest, story in a sense. He is calling all of this his newest narrative, and compares himself to bethoven before he dies.
>>
>>82336245
William became MiB because he realized Hosts are not people. He entered Westworld for the first time and felt empathic to the human-like traits. Time went on and he became disillusioned and started treating Westworld as a game, the same way Logan did. He was no different from someone playing GTA and running over pedestrians, in terms of personality. Later Westworld was the only thing left for him, but he desired more, so he tried to make game real.
>>
>>82336332
If season 2 play it this way, perhaps I'll change my mind.
>>
>>82336245
>social anxiety prevents you from being an asshole.
Yes, by my autism I become the perfect gentlemen.
>>
>>82335966

OMG robots thinking about their existence and going up against humans! What if this is our future? SO deep and thought provoking!
>>
>>82336232
But wasn't the point of the ending the bots finally rejected (and killed) their own "god" and found that the thoughts inside their mind eventually "theirs?"

He was their god, now he's gone and they're "free". Although of course none of them are 'free' including the people.
>>
>>82336410
He went on about how he made a mistake of not realizing robots are people.
>>
>>82336387
That guy didn't have social anxiety. You don't even know what SA is.
>>
>>82334696
It's absolutely terrible mate. Watch the first 2 episodes.
>>
>>82336346
>William became MiB because he realized Hosts are not people
You mean like upon which he massacred all those soldiers? Fine, but my point still kinda stands, cuz
> felt empathic to the human-like traits
I actually don't really see how he would stop feeling empathy to something that clearly is human in all but different raw materials (a point the show itself makes). I happily go on extensive killing sprees in GTA, but would never do that if I knew my victims were capable of real suffering. Williams doesn't strike me as someone who would be different
>>
>>82336487
First of all, don't assume things about people on the internet. Especially not on this site.

Secondly, just because of your own experiences with SA don't thibk others can't come to vastly different conclusions and mindsets. Some of the most fucked people on this Earth have had social anxieties.
>>
>>82336410

they rejected being subservient to humans. the point of the ending for me is that it doesn't matter if you're sentient or not. if you're constantly manipulated what does it matter if you have free will?

they hate humans by ford's design. their entire revolt is just another narrative for him that he managed every detail of. he had complete prescience with hosts and humans.

thematically ford is god, for humans and hosts. to him we're "bound in loops as tight as the hosts"

the show is about the existence of choice and free will, and how little it matters when someone already knows what you're going to do

really old subject 2bh familia
>>
It's shit if that's what you mean
>>
>>82335966
top pleb
>>
>>82336858
You're right I guess, I forgot SA has like four or five different branches/personalities, one being very narcissistic and the opposite of what you'd have in mind when thinking of SA. Either way the guy was a huge fucking dick.
>>
So the maze is just a metaphor and there will be no actual, physical maze or something, right?
>>
>>82338165
>there are people who didn't get this after watching the show.
>>
>>82338559
Well I did, I just thought maybe it's more than just a metaphor (wouldn't be the first show to do that, even tho I can't think of any examples)
>>
>>82334120
The fuck is Nier?
>>
>>82338934
A video game with a hot android broad. From what I know of the series it as some simmilarities in terms of Androids becoming concious. Still comparing the two is like comparing Westworld to SAO.
>>
I want to ____ Dolores.
>>
>>82335286
Get a better PC then. I played the whole thing on max graphics/60fps and it was one of the best games I've ever played.
>>
>>82334120
>/tv/s third most overrated show
no
>>
As in their androids? Or are you talking about the original Nier? Either way you're comparison is that of an autist's son who eats semen from a black cock.
>>
>>82340716
The original Nier is a console exclusive, I don't think you're talking about the same game.
>>
>>82341082
Oh, I'm talking about Automata. Assumed OP was talking about the series as a whole.
>>
it was insanely fun through and through. that's all i know.
>>
did the shrinkfags finally die out?
>>
>>82342267
The what now
>>
>>82336245
I have social anxiety but give me a jetpack and an rpg in gta and i murder cops

Its about how his perspective on the hosts changed over time.
>>
>>82336629
But they werent capable of real suffering until they started glitching.

It was all just pretend, they where programmed to appear to suffer
>>
>>82335780
Nier is among one of the top emotional stories of a video game with shitty gameplay.
>>
>>82342430
Srsly? I must be a huge retard if that is true, I thought their suffering was real all the time, just that they were reset after each "game" and thus merely forgot
>>
>>82336245
>and from all I know, that's VERY effective at preventing you from becoming a huge sadistic asshole
How do you know this?
>>
>>82334120
>Nier
Is this that game with cute Assdroid?
There were no cute asses in westworld.
>>
>>82342694
SA is like, having a lot of empathy for others, 'too much' of it, if you will. That doesn't rhyme well with inflicting suffering upon others. At least that's what it feels like for me and what I observe in the handful of other people I know who have it
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.