[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All memes aside, was his old show actually good? It seems like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: bill-nye-science.jpg (91KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
bill-nye-science.jpg
91KB, 950x534px
All memes aside, was his old show actually good?

It seems like the prime example of something that is overrated because everyone watched it when they were a kid.
>>
His original show was legit good. have you ever seen someone else explain tectonic plates with chocolate chip cookies?
>>
>>82333973
Is that Shrill Guy the Science Lie?
>>
>>82333973
No. DUDE SCIENCE LMAO is the faggiest shit on the internet.
>>
yeah his old show is good

his episode about computers is probably the best explanation for computer illiterates I have ever seen
>>
>>82334009
>legit good
When did we start using "legitimate" this way? did the Bam Margera start saying it or something?
>>
That was before he got orders from the corporate banking elite to start promoting a degenerate and anti-white message.
>>
>>82334225

its short for 'legitimately'
>>
>>82334195
Spoon-feed plz?
>>
Even back then he shilled for global warming
>>
>>82334264
Your reading comprehension is terrible.
>>
>>82333973
Quick rundown on this guy
>>
>>82334274
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUGk-Rharzc
>>
>>82333973
>sex junk. Oh oh oh.
>>
File: 35357357.png (1MB, 1000x1210px) Image search: [Google]
35357357.png
1MB, 1000x1210px
>>82334276
>>82334239
>>82334167
>>82334069
>>82334304
>>82334296

HE SAID ALL MEMES ASIDE
>>
File: 1428308042489.jpg (78KB, 750x709px) Image search: [Google]
1428308042489.jpg
78KB, 750x709px
>>82333973
It was actually good, which is the problem now.

Bill Nye is not a scientist, nor even an expert on the subjects he talks about. He's a performer. He produces television and entertainment. So now we get all the kids who grew up watching him when their teacher wheeled in that tv on a cart when they were too hungover to actually teach, treating him like he's some sort of scientific god not to be questioned.
>>
>>82334312
>he
you
>>
File: 1473331379709.png (394KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473331379709.png
394KB, 600x800px
>>82334312
meme THIS
>>
Beakman is better
>>
Yes it was good. The subject matters he covered and making them interesting and relatable to kids is something few people can do well. With hosting a show like this, it's also a matter of having a knack to know where to look in the camera that captures kids' attention.
>>
>>82334298
I miss the old Bill. Nu-Bill is a reptilian
>>
>>82333973
Only Americans jerk off to this guy. He's pretty much unknown in the rest of the world. At least at the time that he was popular.
>>
>>82334499
Who gives a shit? Who do you think his audience is snowflake?
>>
>>82334225
Have you been on the internet before
>>
>>82334520
Whatever you say, Cletus.
>>
>>82334349
Beakman was for low iq trailer trash. That is why it had a gutter rat for a character
>>
>>82334499
>>82334546
>i said something completely retarded and got called out
just admit you're ashamed and go take a shower, boy
>>
>>82333973
If his old show came out today people here would still complain it's libshit. Fondness for his show is mainly nostalgia, though I will admit that his new show is pretty bad.

Teach, Bill, don't berate.
>>
>>82334546
>Hurr durr Americans are so irrelevant lol they're fucking dumb haha I HATE THEM SO FUCKING MUCH

Top Kek. I'm not even American and think you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>82334499
>Only Americans jerk off to this guy

I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that his first show was broadcast only in America for American children on American public broadcasting.
>>
I can tell you Pat Cashman, the announcer, is an awesome guy
>>
>>82334225
colloquial shortening of legitimate (adj.), 1897, originally in theater, in reference to legitimate drama, that which has literary merit (Shakespeare, etc., etc.).
>>
SCIENCE
>>
RULES
>>
>>82334225
I'd stop using it but I'm too legit to quit.
>>
>>82334225
You are the first person I've seen complain about the word "legit" in over a decade.
>>
>>82334349

i loved that shit
>>
>>82334298
>Those sound effects
Good lord, seems like a fucking YTP-Video.
>>
File: BearPatrol.jpg (28KB, 560x306px) Image search: [Google]
BearPatrol.jpg
28KB, 560x306px
>>82333973
It's a meme, grew up on this shit and loved it, saw some a while back before his new show and saw how shit it was.

Like most things it was a product of the time and was decent for children and high school science classes on days the teacher gave no fucks.

Everyone freaking out over the new show is making him more relevant than he deserves.
>>
>>82333973
Yes it was....

And he fucked up big by trying to make a show geared towards "adults" with a political message.

I even liked him up until a few years ago when he owned Kim Hamm in a Creationism debate.

It's not that this formula can't work. It's that he's on the one hand comparing 4th grade science projects to difficult science questions and acting like they relate and on the other hand using an incredibly condescending tone.

So condescending in fact that even the lefties who agree with the viewpoint have trouble dealing with the sanctimonious preachiness.

At this point, he's already shat the bed. This will not be renewed and it's likely permanently damaged the little esteem that he'd gained recently as a real voice for science.

But if they had a magical do over, if he used more adult complex science. Had more advanced science projects to illustrate more complex scientific truth (rather than heating liquid to show it expands to illustrate global warming), and treated these complex topics with the nuance they deserve rather than black and white which any scientists should know doesn't work; If they did all that, it might be a big hit.

And while it still *can* have a political message it needs to be a bit more subtle and a lot less preachy. Show the science of the lefty side, yet don't spoonfeed a solution or ready made answer, that's how you gain ideological converts. Not telling people they're stupid and then illustrating your points as to a 4 year old.

OR Better Yet. He just should have rebooted Bill Nye the Science guy without the political narrative at all. That would trigger a second wave of Bill Nye love, but not after this.
>>
>>82334225
>>82334879
Ill join in his complaining. Best way to pick out the redditor is to look for redundant words they LITERALLY do it all the time, it's LEGIT bad.
>>
>>82334298
>Finally the results I've been waiting for. W-wait a minute this can't be right its....
BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUYYY

BILL BILL BILL
>>
>>82336162
Kek, it really does. I would've thought it had been edited by a fan with ADHD. Was probably a bunch of fun for kids to watch though and the difference between that and his show now is day and night.
>>
File: TV cart.gif (373KB, 417x701px) Image search: [Google]
TV cart.gif
373KB, 417x701px
I haven't watched any of his new show because I want to still like him, and remember him as he was

>>82334329
>watching him when their teacher wheeled in that tv on a cart when they were too hungover to actually teach

lol
this happened so many times
>>
>>82333973
It was absolutely the springboard that got me into science. Seeing Bill degenerate to this point is disappointing, he used to actually be goodband produce worthwhile content. It's hard to imagine his old show ripping into little kids for not instantly agreeing with him about everything.
>>
>>82334225
glad everyone tore you apart for complaining about the most retarded thing ever
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.