[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Ghost in the Shell the greatest modern scifi film ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: ghostinshellposter.jpg (445KB, 800x1185px) Image search: [Google]
ghostinshellposter.jpg
445KB, 800x1185px
I mean, from the original set pieces to the steller performances. It's like our true modern Blade Runner with surprises and twists around every turn. I personally think it is leagues better than James Cameron's Avatar. Thatt film doesn't even hold a handle to this technical marvel of a cinematic experience. I saw this with my wife's son in my local kinoplex in Imax 3D. It was exhilarating. Nothing at all like Avatar. There was nothing memorable in Avatar at all, even the cgi was glib.
>>
>>82331493
*candle
>>
What the hell are you on?
>>
>>82331721
Life.
>>
I wouldn't say it's the greatest but I truly enjoyed it at the theater.
The cinematography, the soundtrack, the CGI, and even the story. I'm not a die hard fan of the original GitS, but would gladly see a sequel.
It was so comfy.
>>
File: 1493490570039[2].gif (995KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493490570039[2].gif
995KB, 500x250px
>>82331493
It was a shit film that relied too much on MUH AESTHETIC.

In fact I hate it so much I want them to stop doing Cyberpunk now :-(
>>
someone post a gif of her running on the rooftop when that guys in the water
>>
>>82334202
But what is better than Avatar?
>>
>>82331493
>hollywood's tonedeaf bastardization of a classic anime
>anything other than cash grab garbage
>>
the visuals were purty I guess
>>
Watch my podcast on why this movie sucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr5Nis_arU4
>>
File: 1491369212205.jpg (76KB, 500x704px) Image search: [Google]
1491369212205.jpg
76KB, 500x704px
Eh i thought it was more or less okay-ish

Horrible pacing overall though and the random jap chatter didn't help things either, should've hardcoded some subs into the kino imo

I am now going to look up some reviews and r34 stat heh
>>
>>82334697
Fuck off shill faggot
>>
>>82334880
>random jap chatter
Must have a lot of friends.
>>
>>82334922
>>82334922
What? Neither me nor the average kinogoer is some kind of smelly weeaboo anime virgin neckbeard so it's not to be expected of the audience to understand this random gook babble without some hardcoded subs
>>
Kek, of course liberal anti-white bolshevikipedia is whining about "whitewashed casting" in the lead too

And not even with sources either, it's basically just POV-pushing irrationalwiki 2.0 at this point really
>>
>>82335079
>>82335079
Which is even funnier if you consider the fact that ScarJo is jewish, kek

>White like me goy

Fucking clueless self-hating liberal useful idiots i swear
>>
>>82335079
>>>/pol/

When will you learn that nobody cares?
>>
>>82335099
See
>>82335287
>>
File: 693055_2.1.jpg (76KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
693055_2.1.jpg
76KB, 900x599px
>>82331493
Yeah I absolutely love it. Really hope we get an extended cut.

Batou was 10/10 in this movie
>>
>>82334442
Anyone who thinks Avatar is a better movie than GitS really needs to leave
>>
>>82331493
I could barely get past 5 minutes into the film. The dialogue is so shit.
>>
>Dialogue was shit
>Scarjo walks like a fucktard
>horrible pacing
>disjointed as fuck

Only good thing was the aesthetics, horrible what they did to the anime and story.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.