[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imperieum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: imperium-poster-daniel-radcliffe.jpg (143KB, 925x1200px) Image search: [Google]
imperium-poster-daniel-radcliffe.jpg
143KB, 925x1200px
Watching this right now, almost done. Not too bad of a movie.Anyone seen it?
>>
>>82325690
How was the Nazi cupcake scene?

That's the only reason I would watch it.
>>
>>82325690
I enjoyed it but the ending was pretty abrupt and mediocre.
>>
>>82325853
this. Also how the guy just walks into almost every sect and level to the skin head underworld was retarded.
>>
>>82325792
she messed up the frosting
>>
>>82325905
true that, people seem pretty unassuming so far
>>
>>82325853
same. then again, i just felt like it was a missed opportunity and didn't exploit the premise as much as they could. like i feel if they went into what "this is England" did, it would have been nice, as in he sort of gets pulled in their group as opposed to always resent them
>>
File: 1493410549521.jpg (56KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493410549521.jpg
56KB, 300x300px
It was alright, but focused a little to heavily on the "nazis are bad people grrr" subtext instead of the underlying themes surrounding racism.

Portraying pic related as a well-educated and smart family man was the most the movie was willing to lean, and you could totally tell that was the peak of their willingness to bend.

The movies ending was also pretty silly.
>>
>>82326190
I agree. This movie's most innovative selling point was this portrayal of the modern racist.

At first I thought the movie was going to be fixated on the traditional skinhead, which is such a boring and old way of portraying it. Fuck, the concept of a skinhead barely exists anymore.
>>
>>82325690
Yeah I loved it. I want more undercover Nazi stuff made
>>
>>82326190
>but focused a little to heavily on the "nazis are bad people grrr" subtext
I disagree. This movie didn't even portray all nazis as bad.

It simply portayed /pol/ really well

>All talk, no action
The people who really wanted to do the bombing and actually kill people of color was just 2 older guys while every other nazi in the movement never wanted to kill anyone - not even the racist guy on the talk show radio who kept on saying that whites need to rise up and take back their land.

So this movie actually portrayed the movement really well: lots of these skinheads do not at all want to actually kill or harm anyone. They are just all talk (just like /pol/ is)
>>
>>82326190
Am I the only one who detected serious gay vibes between this guy and Radcliffe? I mean come on.
>>
Ironically, it didn't understand it's subjects even though one of the main plot points of the film was that Toni Colette chose Harry Potter because she thought he would understand them.

It simply had too much disdain for white supremacists to give an interesting and nuanced portrayal of them.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.