[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lasagna Cat Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: lasagna.jpg (13KB, 480x360px)
lasagna.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Has /tv/ witnessed the pinnacle of modern comedy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ2q9NmYf6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw
>>
Successful viral marketing general?
>>
>>82321624
Are these videos just meant to mock Garfield? There are far worse comic strips out there. This just seems like a waste of time.
>>
Now where could my pipe be...?
>>
>>82321668
it's post-ironic garbage. might have been funny 5 years ago
>>
File: mm mm.jpg (26KB, 400x400px)
mm mm.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>1 hour

summarize it for me
>>
The Miami Vice vid is probably my favorite on the internet right now. Still can't interpret much of that sex survey finale.
>>
>>82321668
It's a elaborate shitpost on the creator
Jim Davis
>>
>>82321725
Just watch it, it'll change your life. I know it changed mine
>>
>>82321694
and it was made 10 years ago, years ahead of its time

these guys are visionaries and memelords on a level you can't even comprehend
>>
>>82321668
None of them are as popular as a cat who loves to snooze.
>>
>>82321624
Oldfag here. In the 90's with less entertainment options shit like this and Ziggy was hilarious. You can mock it all you want but you'll never understand our perspective.
>>
>>82321798
He's not kidding. These videos made me transcend to higher plane of understanding.
>>
File: 9043.png (460KB, 1002x549px)
9043.png
460KB, 1002x549px
>yfw
>>
I've never looked back. Garfield has transformed me... and I am a man, born anew, because of Garfield. When I was in my mid-thirties, I was interviewed for a documentary... It was a documentary on the subject of cat behavior. Now, I've had cats my whole life; I have three cats now, and at the time of this documentary interview, I had four cats. I sat down for the interview and was joined by a veterinarian who specialized in felines: Doctor Caroline Wellmitz was her name, I believe... and the doctor discussed colorblindness in animals, and how it affects their behavior. She specifically brought up the fact that cats are red-green colorblind; they can see colors, but they can't tell the difference between red and green ...and look at the color choice in this strip here. Garfield sits on a green floor, behind a pinkish red wall. I heard this, and I immediately pulled a copy of the comic from my wallet to show to the doctor... I moved so fast, I'm sure I nearly scared her, I... pointed at the paper and said, "Like this! Like this! Look, at this here! This cat, Garfield, he's colorblind, he must be! That must be the answer here... like this." As over-excited as I was, I managed to take in her response; she said "Yes, a cat in this room would have a hard time differentiating the wall from the floor. Add to that a cat's known spatial confusion, and you have the makings of a Cat Rage room." Now, she informed me that this isn't exactly common knowledge among cat owners... but a seasoned cat owner, or someone particularly perceptive will have picked up on it. So what's incredible here is not only is Garfield's behavior symbolic of the devil, and all the evil constructs in the world, but... but, but... but also, it is rooted in science and scientific fact. Look at that. You cannot spell fact without "cat".
>>
File: 1470973211286.jpg (4KB, 160x160px)
1470973211286.jpg
4KB, 160x160px
>>82322030
>>
The pipe.

It's all bout the pipe. It always was.
>>
File: smoking.png (42KB, 600x199px) Image search: [Google]
smoking.png
42KB, 600x199px
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>82321690
Garfield!
>>
"It is through art, and through art only, that we can realize our perfections."
-Jim Davis
>>
>>82323090
This strip was printed in 1981, several years after the pipe strip. Yet, Garfield's contemplation of smoking as a mere future possibility seems to suggest that it takes place chronologically *before* the pipe strip.
The implications of this non-chronology are momentous and terrifying for any Garfield scholar.
>>
80 thousand from now a child will see simple Jon Arbuckle reading a newspaper, he will feel around for something, but that something is not there. He will lift his head and think "Now where could my pipe be?" And Garfield will be smoking the pipe. And Jon will yell "GARFIELD!" And what then? 80 thousand years from now? The child reading the comic will smile. And that smile will transcend space and time and the physical limitations of this existence, whatever it may be. However many dimensions exist, there will always be Garfield.

And there will always be it's creator, Jim Davis.
>>
>>82323090
Notice how the room switches from green, to red, to green again. Amazing.
As we all know, cats are colorblind to red and green. They can't tell the difference. What does this mean for Garfield? He does not know that the room has changed.
Garfield, the devil. Garfield, as chaos. Even he cannot understand this world.
I haven't even explored the significance of the gestalt imagery of the strip, or the literary affectations of Garfield's thoughts. It's all too much to process right now. Sorry.
>>
File: MagrittePipe.jpg (34KB, 378x264px)
MagrittePipe.jpg
34KB, 378x264px
>>82323074
>>
>>82321624
This is the pinnacle of art.
>>
>>82321668
They originated as just them filming 100 garfield strips as live action without anything else but it wasn't funny at all so they decided to make it some weird post-ironic thing shitting on Jim Davis.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.