[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best lightsaber duel in the WHOLE franchise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 273
Thread images: 19

File: obi wan vs darth vader.jpg (152KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
obi wan vs darth vader.jpg
152KB, 1200x675px
What is the best lightsaber duel in the WHOLE franchise?
>>
>>82318768
Obi vs Maul in Rebels.
>>
>>82318768
I love that duel honestly
>>
Luke vs Vader in Episode V was terrific. It strikes the right blend between being dramatic and feeling like an actual fight.

The duels at the end of Episodes I and III have great music, but they drag on for far too long.
>>
>>82318797
>Obi vs Maul in Rebels
>best
There are really people that think this? That fight fucking sucked.
>>
>>82318768
Not counting games or animated series, Obi Wan vs Anakin in the high grounds
>>
>>82318768
Luke vs Vader in ESB, even after all the prequels, TFA, and cartoons.

Luke comes in, all sure of himself and confident. It isn't overly flashy. They pause and wait for the other to move. As it goes on, it becomes very obvious that Vader is just toying with him and Luke is way out of his league. Luke gets more and more aware and scared as it goes on. At one point, Vader stops even swinging his saber, and just force throws random shit at Luke. Then it ends with Luke losing his hand.

For all of the new guys' talk about trying to bring back the feel of the originals, TFA doesn't have any real moment like that.
>>
>>82318828
This, plus Luke v Vader in ROTJ would be tied with ESB if it didn't keep cutting away to other shit, or if the other stuff didn't drag on so long.
>>
>>82318874
I liked this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf0qZLK8l-Y
>>
>star wars
>best duel
its N/A because they are all pretty bad for different reasons
>>
>>82318864
This desu senpai
>>
>>82318853
It's definitely not the best in the franchise, but it was very far from being bad. It was like an old samurai duel, and a great dramatic ending to Maul.

It was at a point where Obi-Wan was at his greatest, and completely at peace with himself and the Force. Maul was a shell of his former self, and completely obsessed with what Obi-Wan represented to him. Maul wasn't even a concern to Obi-Wan anymore.

It's tragic, and very fitting.
>>
>>82318864
The robot chicken sketch ruined this scene for me desu I can't not laugh when I watch it now.
>>
File: vader spoopy time.jpg (34KB, 839x463px) Image search: [Google]
vader spoopy time.jpg
34KB, 839x463px
>>82318828
It feels the most like a real struggle for life or death, Vader is legitimately creepy in it.
>>
Was it kino, /tv/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UVJSJOiLk4
>>
File: Prequels2.webm (235KB, 298x268px) Image search: [Google]
Prequels2.webm
235KB, 298x268px
>>82318768
Vader versus Luke in VI > Vader versus Luke in V > Obi Wan, Jinn(?) versus Maul in I (not even that good, but it was suprising to see a dual lightsaber) > Vader versus Obi Wan in IV > Luke versus the target ball in IV > Kilo versus black guy and Ray > All other shitquel duels
>>
>>82318768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyYbvVAtlWk

Really an amazing duel.
>>
>>82319012
I need it to watch that right now
>>
>>82318768
The one I had once in the vs mode of the PS1 game.
>>
File: 1353431562754.gif (600KB, 357x750px) Image search: [Google]
1353431562754.gif
600KB, 357x750px
>>82318824
they kinda slap their dicks together and then obi wan just lets himself get his head chopped off. it's not satisfying, and I understand they're old masters who have fought before, but that doesn't make it the best.
>>
>>82318874
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgyitSlMtMY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GueBXRYVhe0
>>
Not a Duel but good fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4
>inb4 "overpowered" Underpowered villains are shit
>>
>>82319064
They should have just made a movie or tv series with these assets instead of that shitty game
>>
>>82319064
t-thanks, Bioware...
>>
>>82319260
it's th-thanks, say it out loud
>>
>>82319068
https://youtube.com/watch?v=B7FMh3YtK_w
>>
File: 1439969199348.jpg (107KB, 781x699px) Image search: [Google]
1439969199348.jpg
107KB, 781x699px
I still love Episode I's duel, it was the only great prequel duel and the soundtrack is phenomenal during it.
>>
>>82318967
>Tell me... Is it the chosen one?
>He is...
>he will avenge us...
How is it possible to miss the point so hard that you do it with your dying breath?
>>
>>82319332
Man their animation quality has really gotten nice over the years
>>
>>82318891
>Luke v Vader in ROTJ would be tied with ESB if it didn't keep cutting away to other shit
this desu, the last bit of the fight is fucking great
>>82319016
also this, Luke is 30% confident and 70% shit scared
>>
>>82319245
Jewcas Film would never allow it.
>>
>>82319016
>struggle for life or death
>Vader is toying with him the entire time with the intention to capture him
>>
The first time you see grievous in the original clone wars cartoon is probably the best along with the fight with ventress. But if we're just talking about the movies the one in ESB is the best.
>>
>>82319064
literally kino
blur makes the best trailers
too bad the game isn't anywhere close to being like them
>>
>>82319401
I mean, he already killed himself, what's to stop him from killing his hot son?
>>
>>82319401
it's a struggle for life and death from Luke's point of view
>>
>>82319337
Oh no doubt, as much as I shit on the prequels, the music and the "oh shit" moment of Maul with the double lightsaber were fucking great. It's actually a shame Lucas had Maul die instead of be the recurring threat for at least another movie (I know he lived in the cartoons, but movie-wise, he was dead).
>>
>>82319433
well desu from my point of view the Jedi are evil
>>
Criticizing the Ben v Vader duel is honestly unfair

>>82319433
That point of view was a good friend
>>
>>82319401
Luke is struggling for his life in it and actually resorts to attempted suicide rather than falling to Vader's side.

>>82319438
Yeah it's a real shame, Maul could have been a god-tier villain if he were built up over several films. He felt like more of a threat than Dooku and Grievous.
>>
>>82319438
I would have liked it better if Maul had "saved" his 2nd blade as a secret and used it to surprise-kill Qui Gon by tricking Qui Gon into thinking that he had an opening, like in >>82319064

Would have been much more dramatic desu
>>
>>82319162
Just the Banter between Obi Wan and Vader, the old special FX, the slow pace I just think its cool
>>
>>82319422
Blur is amazing, the Halo 2 anniversary cutscenes are art
>>
>>82319433
from a certain point of view?
>>
>>82318864
Obi Wan vs Anakin is too flashy, it feels too much like a dance and not enough like a fight
>>
>>82319525
This, it's unique out of all the duels
>>
>>82318797
Ahsoka vs Dad Father tops it.
>>
>>82319632
And it was overshadowed by Palpatine vs Yoda. I'm saying this as someone that actually loved watching the Emperor toss around the Senate (the whole Senate!) around like a crazed sorcerer.

They should've cut out the yoda/emperor fight. The focus needed to be entirely on Anakin vs Obi-Wan, and it needed less flash and hopping around on CGI robots. Obi-Wan yelling how Anakin was his brother and shit was the sort of raw emotion we needed to see in the fight.

I hope Ewan gets his Obi-Wan movie.
>>
>>82319360
But he did, he lead to killing Palpatine, which was Mauls second target next to obi wan.
>>
>>82319772
>I hope Ewan gets his Obi-Wan movie.
He's universally considered the best part of the prequels so it's not too far fetched and I hope it happens.
>>
File: palpatine ahhh.jpg (26KB, 779x531px) Image search: [Google]
palpatine ahhh.jpg
26KB, 779x531px
>>82319772
Yeah there was no real point in having Yoda try to tackle the Emperor, he had already won and the real threat to the safety of the Jedi was Anakin since he could succeed Palpatine in the future.
>>
>>82319772
The first 30 seconds of the Anakin/Obi Wan fight were amazing, but as soon as they walked through the tunnel and started fighting in the room with all the dead guys, it got really stupid.

If I were in charge of choreographing that fight, they would have kept that blistering flurry of moves at the start, but after they realized that they couldn't land a hit, it would have slowed down to a mindgames standoff like the Obi Wan/Maul rebels fight or even the Obi Wan/Vader fight for that extra pottery, and the whole thing would have ended with Obi Wan slicing off Anakin's limbs and knocking him off the landing platform into the lava below. But it's late and I'm very tired so maybe this is all extra retarded and I should just leave it to George.
>>
>>82319888
Sounds like it could be cool the prequels went to far with the crazy acrobatics. Plus trips make this a good post.
>>
>>82319747
So did she die or what?
I haven't watched the show at all.
>>
>>82320009
Her VA confirmed that she's still alive accidentally in an interview in the celebration last month
>>
Does anyone here remember the respect you had for Vader vanish instantly when you first played him as a character in a video game (Battlefront 2 for me)? Vader was this mature, silently powerful force of evil, then suddenly he was jumping around like a fucking monkey and shit under your control, dying to regular stormtroopers... completely ruined the atmosphere
>>
>>82319888
That actually does sound pretty awesome. Would've been a great "in-between" for the type of fighting you saw in the prequels to what we saw in the original trilogy.
>>
Anakin should have had his limbs cut off when he and Obi-wan were fighting on that little hovering vehicle instead of that high ground shit right afterwards.
>>
friendly fact that they gave Rey a bo staff specifically so that when she goes dark they can give her a badass dual lightsaber and sell tons of merchandise
>>
>>82319042
>revenge is not the jedi way

I didn't expect that.
That's the part where she should have teared up, because it hit me right in the fucking gut. Great irony.
>>
>>82320502
>Rey
>going dark
>>
>>82320502
>dual lightsaber
that's when you wield two at once. Darth Maul and your pic related have a lightstaff
>>
>>82320388
See>>82319332
>>
>>82320530
>Rey
>Blacked
>>
>>82320612
But Rey gets with Kylo Ren
>>
>>82320502
Slut
>>
>>82320530

it's already canon that she went dark in the fight against kylo which is why she won.

in the books, she's not having force flashbacks. those "flashbacks" are specifically snoke talking to her and trying to manipulate her.
>>
>>82318768
Anakin vs Asaj Ventress in the Tartakovsky clone wars
>>
>>82320674
>Rey channeled the Dark Side to win
If that were true, why did the heroic Force theme play when she did it?
>>
>>82318768
Rots vader vs obi
>>
>>82320723

because it's a shitty movie
>>
>>82320650
Going to the dark side is very different for a woman. She needs the BBC, and Kylo needs to watch as it happens (increase his anger and dark side power).

They already did the throwback movie, and now they're just going to get really weird with it.
>>
>>82320166
>Anakin loses the mindgames standoff and gets SABER'd
>Obi Wan does his speech about Anakin being the chosen one as Anakin writhes in pain on the landing pad
>But he underestimates the power of the Dark Side
>Anakin isn't out of the fight yet, and as Obi Wan readies the finishing blow, Anakin blasts him with a massive Force shockwave with his one remaining mechanical limb
>the shockwave blasts Obi Wan to the edge of the landing pad, but he manages to put up enough resistance to stop himself from falling
>Anakin's eyes turn yellow as he ups the pressure of his Force push, screaming I HATE YOU
>the last move of the duel is Obi Wan overwhelming Anakin's power with his own, sending him flying off the edge as he gives his "You were my brother, Anakin" line
I'm honestly just rambling at this point but I'm fairly confident that this is 100% certified poetry in action. I should go to bed
>>
>>82318874

This. V > all else, and don't anyone ever forget it.

A young, plucky Luke THWIPS out his saber all ready to go, much too fast. Vader all PssHHAAWWW.... slow-like and casual, draws his sword, far more confident.
>>
>>82318828
This.
Here you go, folks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-DeI3ohVbY
>>
>>82320876
>You have learned much, young Skywalker... But you are nit a Jedi yet!
>>
File: 1448942787600.png (582KB, 650x676px) Image search: [Google]
1448942787600.png
582KB, 650x676px
>>82320879
>mfw the lights flip on and Vader's breathing echoes in the room
I just realized the biggest problem I have with the prequels and sequels is that they don't know how to build up a duel nor how to make it seem like anything is really at stake.
>>
>>82320773
assuming that you aren't lying, they LITERALLY could not have made that less clear
>>
>>82319438
>>82319496
It would have been best if they didn't show it in the trailer, and the first time you saw a double-bladed lightsaber was when Maul showed up in the Naboo hangar.
People, myself included, would have shit themselves
>>
>>82319632
>>82319888

Just playing devil's advocate here, but remember that:

1. Anakin and Obi-Wan had been sparring with one another for literally 10+ years, so they knew each other's moves instinctively
2. They both have magic precognition.

I know the fight looked silly at times, but in that context it does make a little bit of sense. Each of them knows exactly what the other is going to do.

> it would have slowed down to a mindgames standoff like the Obi Wan/Maul rebels fight or even the Obi Wan/Vader fight for that extra pottery

It would have, if Anakin's character hadn't been previously established as an impulsive aggressive idiot. Anakin was not the type to engage in a standoff, every fight we had seen him in up to this point involved him recklessly charging at his enemy until they were dead or he was missing a limb.
>>
>>82321005
Better directors and cinematography are what really separates the OT from the prequels and sequels. My favorite part about that duel is watching Vader toy with Luke in the beginning and how he is holding his light saber with one hand vs Luke holding his with both hand and still being weaker than Vader.
>>
>>82321094
>It would have been best if they didn't show it in the trailer, and the first time you saw a double-bladed lightsaber was when Maul showed up in the Naboo hangar.

Maybe this is part of the reason why the movie had a much bigger impact on young kids? A lot of us hadn't seen the trailer, and Maul with the double lightsaber was a genuine "oh shit" moment.

But then again, I was fucking 5 (saw it on dvd in 2001).
>>
>>82321005
We don't CARE about the characters, we know about the inevitable coming up. I'll concede they can be entertaining, but there's no actual satisfaction that you want to talk about. We all know Anakin becomes Darth Vader and it's almost boring to find out why, (a woman, hurr durr)

We want either our characters who we love already for their actions (Han, Chewie), or we want new characters (Rey, traitor? is that his name?) doing new cool things. What we're getting is new characters doing old cool things.
I compare it to Smash Bros Melee, very briefly. Everybody enjoyed smash bros Melee. Casual faggots enjoyed smash. The ones who took the time to love it got something more out of it, and enjoyed it so much more than the casuals did. This isn't bad, It's how most fan bases work.
>>
>>82320879
>Luke at 1:12
>"I'll try spinning, that's a good trick"
>>
>>82321290
The precognizance makes the endless chain of blocked moves look more silly, not less. Why waste energy doing all those acrobatics if you can look into the future and know for a fact that they won't work? A fight between two genuine precogs looks something like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buE_jLEZrf4
>>
>>82321005
Not exactly fair. There are two duels in the prequels that had a good buildup.

>Episode 1 final duel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IezQw6dJs4I

Although a lot of the buildup came from earlier scenes.

>Episode 3 final duel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40HhaIJ0QVw

But in general, I think you're right. The fights in the prequels and sequels overwhelmingly feel like they came out of nowhere, with nothing even approaching any sort of meaning for the characters. As much as we laugh at the cheesy dialogue in the Episode 3 duel, at least we had 2 and a half movies of Anakin and Obi-Wan knowing one another, being on the same side, being friends....and if you were a child when the prequels were coming out, we had the whole Clone Wars series.

But the other duels? Awful, random filler. They remind me of the Giant Chicken fights in Family Guy.
>>
>>82321461
>truly actually unironically enjoying anything from robert downey jr
i should call you downey jr for being so mentally disabled
>>
>>82321461
Those are just two smart men, not precogs. Completely different situation. Don't fall for the "genius is literally magic you guys!" shit that so many movies try to pull.
>>
>>82321461
Off-topic, but does anybody find it funny that Robert Downey Jr has a better British accent for just two movies than Johnny Depp does when Depp has been trying to fake a British accent for like 15 years?
>>
>>82319401

The ESB fight is a good example of a protagonist in legitimate life threatening danger. The other fights are fairly predictable or just SFX demos.
>>
>>82321005
>"The Force is strong with you, young Skywalker. But you're not a Jedi yet."
Always chills.

>>82321460
Luke tries to do some breakdance sword shit and Vader just disarms him. You can hear him thinking "Come on, man."
>>
>>82321543
>implying that it makes a difference
But what you're trying to say is that Obi Wan and Anakin would be able to do that scene even MORE accurately than in linked scene, thus making it even sillier that they'd actually waste time and energy doing moves that are 100% guaranteed to fail or result in a bad end?
>>
File: 1490140978893.jpg (7KB, 200x131px) Image search: [Google]
1490140978893.jpg
7KB, 200x131px
>>82321503
only smart opinion itt

best duels are ep 1 and ep 3

anything else is just trying to look cool and hate on the prequels

it's not 2004 anymore folks
>>
>>82318768
Maul vs Pre Vizsla from TCW
>>
>>82320904

That's a good villain-announcement, but I was just thinking of "luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" just the other day. That's a fucking good line, and this stupid little puppet delivers it so convincingly. He's trying to tell the hero to align his chakras, chill out with the universe, expand his mind etc and the hero is frustrated and even petulant (you can especially hear it in Luke's voice just after). Welp, here we go.

Not some technical shit, not some over-wrought stuff. Just make this character work, and make it be the old wise man, with occasional (earlier) comic effect. Develop the mytheme. That's all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUKGTkiWik
>>
>>82321658
desu the fight in Ep I looks really stiff upon rewatching, they weren't able to nail down a solid way to work in both of Maul's saber blades and it actually looks pretty awkward once the "wow" factor dies down
>>
Most of the duels in this are great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WBY-C-VKTg
>>
File: grand-inquisitor.png (103KB, 318x338px) Image search: [Google]
grand-inquisitor.png
103KB, 318x338px
>>82319064
Absolute kino
>>
>>82320539
>Being this retarded

Maul has a double-bladed lightsaber not a fucking lightstaff
>>
>>82321652
Honestly, if you want to see how two Jedi masters really go at it, just look at the fight in Episode IV. Using the fight in Episode III, imagine if both are thinking "We're not doing that shit again. It was pointless."
>>
>>82320879
I'm actually curious how younger folk view stuff like this. I knew Vader long before I ever knew Anakin from the prequels (or cartoons), while they grew up more on Anakin.

These Vader scenes more meaningful for them than for me, or does it just seem weird?
>>
>>82321611
Can somebody explain what the fuck Depp is doing with that accent? He's from Kentucky for christ's sake, why does he talk like a retarded man from England
>>
>>82321658

0/10
>>
>>82321684
>I don't believe it!
>That... is why you failed.
>>
>>82321858
hurr durr best lighsaber duel is clearly in the ot

love me some stiff action
>>
>>82321825
Hence why in the original post you were criticizing one of the major changes would be a shift towards an Episode IV-style of fighting, because both Obi Wan and Anakin would have started to realize "look this isn't getting us anywhere"
>>
>>82321835
I knew Anakin first. I actually saw everything in order.

>born in 1995
>saw Ep 1 on dvd in 01, Ep 2 in theaters in 02, clone wars in 03/04/05, ep 3 in 05, then I got really hooked on Star Wars and watched 4, 5, 6 in quick succession

A lot of the Vader scenes really are more meaningful for me. His fight with Obi-Wan in Ep IV was a bit of a letdown, but I though the fights he had with Luke in Ep V and Ep VI were great. His duel with Luke in Ep VI is still my favorite, especially because it ends with his redemption.
>>
File: 1424631168335.jpg (42KB, 662x509px) Image search: [Google]
1424631168335.jpg
42KB, 662x509px
>>82321894

Good for you if you have any emotional investment in the prequels.
>>
>>82321941
That's actually pretty fucking cool. Glad people were able to get something better out of it.
>>
>>82321894

I like my fights to have actual fight choreography that advances the plot, not 15 minutes of aimless dance choreography.

Also you're right, the best duel is in the OT. Luke vs. Vader in RotJ
>>
>>82322154
>I like my fights to have actual fight choreography that advances the plot
this doesn't mean anything at all

every fight in every movie advances the plot of the movie simply because it's part of the narrative you caveman
>>
What is Darth Vader's best line?
>>
>>82322217
The dad joke from R1.
>>
1. Luke vs Vader (Episode 5)
2. Luke vs Vader (Episode 6)
3. Obi-Wan vs Vader (Episode 3)
4. Obi-Wan vs Vader (Episode 4)
5. Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon vs Maul (Episode 1)
6. Yoda vs Palpatine (Episode 3)

All the other fights are pretty uninteresting and feel like they're only there to fill screen time.

>>82322217
"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
"You are in command now, Admiral Piet"
"You are not a Jedi yet"
"I am your father"
"It is too late for me, son"
"You were right Luke, you were right about me. Tell your sister, you were right."
>>
>>82322217
>Don't choke on your aspirations, Director
>>
>>82322217
APOLOGY ACCEPTED CAPTAIN NEEDA
>>
>>82322217
"Apology accepted"

>imperial officer falls, dead on the ground
>>
Bob Anderson, btw, doubled for Prowse in the lightsaber fights in Episode V and VI which likely explains the jump in quality from Episode IV. He was an Olympic caliber fencer who trained Errol Flynn as well as the LotR cast.
>>
>>82322313
>>82322323
DELETE THESE, Vader doesn't make sassy quips! REEEEEE!
>>
>>82322262
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttPwA8hitoY

I'm not a big Rogue One fan, but Vader's line in that movie was perfectly in-line with Vader
>>
Shit
Anakin/obi Wan/yoda v Dooku (Aotc)
Obi Wan v Grievous (RotS)

Meh
Anakin/Obi Wan v Dooku (RotS)
Yoda v Sidious
Anakin v Obi Wan
Qui Gon v Maul

Good
Windu v Sidious
Obi Wan/Qui Gon v Maul
Obi Wan v Vader
Finn/Rey v Kylo Ren

Great
Luke v Vader, both times
>>
>"Apology accepted, Captain Needa"

Loved that line, seems like the kind of thing that Clone Wars Anakin would have said (although he probably would have just punched the commander instead of, you know, murdering him).
>>
>>82320153
i loved vader in battlefront. his regular movement is a slow as fuck walk but his sprint is flying at mach 10. vader is super intimidating when another player is using him against you
>>
>>82322383
I liked it better when Sheev was a mad wizard throwing lightning everywhere than a guy wielding a lightsaber rather clumsily
>>
>>82322383
>Obi Wan v Grievous (RotS)
Hello there
>>
>>82322217
>"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
>>
Absolutely no one with any sensibilities thinks the Anakin v. Obi Wan saber fight is above average or even good.
>>
>>82322440
>Vader in Battlefront II
>Have cheating as FUCK force choke move that is impossible to escape
>fucking bullshit playing against him, anyone who knows what they're doing will just spam force choke whenever they see you in Mos Eisley
Fuck you Damon you piece of shit
>>
>>82322441
But Sheev being a crazy mad force wielder throwing around Senate seats was great.

I would've preferred both him and Yoda never using a lightsaber, and just relying 100% on the Force.
>>
>>82322183

>every fight in every movie advances the plot of the movie simply because it's part of the narrative you caveman

You're absolutely right, if you're considering special effects a substitute for narrative.

Just look at the fight between Anakin and Obi-wan. 90% of it is just filler so they can make it seem "epic" because the narrative isn't strong enough to support them fighting in the first place. It's just a distraction from the poor character development
>>
>>82322503
That's completely reasonable in the context of the movies, though. Do you think the average soldier stood a chance against Vader?
>>
>>82322540
That doesn't make it any less anti-fun as a gameplay mechanic
>>
>>82322535
They definitely dragged it out too long. I don't know if you noticed or not, but there is a really subtle subplot where Anakin thinks that Padme is cheating on him with Obi-Wan. He goes to their apartment, and immediately notices that Obi-Wan was there, and gets very suspicious. But then that storyline is promptly dropped and ever mentioned again.

If Lucas had spent just 10 more minutes on this, then the dramatic and abrupt split between Anakin and Obi-Wan would have made much more sense. We've all seen real life examples of this, love triangles shattering lifelong friendships in a second.

But instead, Lucas decided to show us 15 minutes of Obi-Wan fighting a random 4-armed robot and wookies putting hand grenades on robot tanks.
>>
>>82322611
But what about the droid attack on the Wookies?
>>
>>82320153
He was pretty fuckin fun in Force Unleashed
>>
>>82322611
This, I kept thinking that was what was going on but they never fucking expanded upon it.
If Lucas just hired a second or third writer the movies could have been a whole step above.
>>
>>82318768
Luke vs vader in empire, obviously. It had the most build up.
>>
>>82320153
Yeah they ruined him pretty bad in rogue one as well.
>>
>>82322836
>this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UinaxxXXt40
>ruining
>>
>>82322871
Yeah. It did. That's a fucking cartoon caricature. It's no different from someone playing as vader in battlefront.

It has no pathos, no respect for the character, no respect for the fans, and it's just a fat guy swinging a sword around without any actual choreography or skill.

It's trash. Everything about Rogue One was awful fanservice for idiot children that weren't even alive when the original trilogy's special edition was in theaters.
>>
>>82322836
I dunno I felt like it fit in pretty well with his character, especially since he was holding back in his duels with Luke.
>>
This scene right here is fucking great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4
>>
>>82322936
No. His character would have had stormtroopers clear the ship. Like we actually see in the beginning of a new hope. He's a general, not a front-line fighter.
>>
>>82322801
>You're too weak in the Force. You need to stay and finish your training.
>But muh friends
>You can't save them, faggot.
>I-I'm going. I can't abandon them
>Fuck... Well at least we got Leia.
>>
>>82322922

The fan service in R1 was fine. It was more of a nod than anything when it came up and served as some decent continuity.

In TFA they were just shouting the fan service at you.
>>
>>82322871
it was cool to see but it didnt make sense for vader to act lik that
>>
>>82322922
literally what the fuck are you even fucking talking about right now?
>moves at a deliberate, methodical pace
>no unnecessary movements, every swing and force usage done with apex efficiency in mind
>not a single word said, just anger and slaughter
>the only way to stop him is to put so much cannon fodder in between him and the objective that he literally cannot kill them all in time

>>82323008
Yeah, just like how in the end of ANH he decided to not enter the space battle personally and just left it all to his tie fighters, right? Fucking retard.
>>
>>82323022
>and served as some decent continuity
Except the ending doesn't make sense with the beginning of ANH
>>
>>82322958
This is the type of scene that could have been phenomenal in a live-action Episode II. Lucas badly miscalculated when he made the Star Wars movies. Inexplicably, he made The Phantom Menace, which as NOTHING to do with the overall storyline. And this left him with no room to maneuver in episodes 2 and 3. The idea of a cyborg-sith trained jedi killer is interesting. Almost like some sort of Star Wars Terminator.

Naturally, this idea was not Lucas's idea, and he was angry that somebody else came up with it, and he promptly wiped it out. Because he's a fucking hack.
>>
>>82318768

get in here autists

>>82322788
>>
>>82323018
Not empire, jedi, my bad.

>>82323022
No. Rogue One was fanservice, there wasn't anything else to it. It wasn't a movie on its own, it wasn't a story, the characters were all shit, they had fucking AT-AT's guarding an island base with a planetary shield why? AT-AT's are Troop Transports designed to be terrorizing. All they needed was a few TIE wings trained in strafing and the rebels would have been fucked.

Star Wars is dead. It exists purely as a commercial for other products and if you like the things it's currently turning out it's only because you've been conditioned to.
>>
>>82322958
Based Genndy.
>>
>>82323008
He's literally the Emperor's personal enforcer dude, there's a reason he goes out himself to take down the rebel ships on the Death Star and goes to the Cloud City.

Vader doesn't even really have an official rank in the Empire like Tarkin.
>>
>>82323071
That whole mini series did more for Star Wars in 2 hours than 6 seasons of the second clone wars show.
>>
>>82323125
>Vader doesn't even really have an official rank in the Empire like Tarkin.

This is true in Episode IV, but by Episode V he is clearly running the Imperial military. He's murdering admirals and ordering around the survivors with impunity. It's especially clear in Episode VI, when they set up a full military parade for his arrival to the Death Star and the commanding officer, an admiral, treats him as a superior.
>>
>>82323067
>iterally what the fuck are you even fucking talking about right now?
>moves at a deliberate, methodical pace
>no unnecessary movements, every swing and force usage done with apex efficiency in mind
>not a single word said, just anger and slaughter
>the only way to stop him is to put so much cannon fodder in between him and the objective that he literally cannot kill them all in time

He's a general. Not a front-line combatant. He orders underlings around, he does not sully his hands with such worthless targets. As you say, he's pretty slow. The smart move would have been to send a squad of troopers in to secure the hatch, instead of just lone vader weebing it up pointlessly.

>Yeah, just like how in the end of ANH he decided to not enter the space battle personally and just left it all to his tie fighters, right? Fucking retard.
Yeah because his cybernetics didn't fuck his ability to pilot nearly as much as it did his ability to move quickly. Notice how he just backs off after killing obi wan while the stormtroopers try to fight luke and the gang as they escape the death star?
>>
>>82323103

I completely agree, the AT-ATs were stupid. Even more so that they were justfied as being some sort of cargo carrier.

They should have just had AT-STs if anything.

R1 has a lot of issues, but when you're comparing it to TFA, it's the better movie. But TFA was garbage, so that may not be saying much.
>>
>>82323125
His role is a General. He is not the Emperor's personal assassin.
>>
>>82323071
>Naturally, this idea was not Lucas's idea, and he was angry that somebody else came up with it, and he promptly wiped it out. Because he's a fucking hack.

It's amazing how bad Lucas's career is as a filmmaker. He made:

>American Graffiti
>Star Wars (ep 4/New Hope) which he had 0 faith in and thought would fail

And that's it. Those are his good movies. Since then, he made:

>Episode I: Trash
>Episode II: Trash
>Episode III: Mostly trash, saved only by the fact that 90% of the plot was already written for him
>Indiana Jones Reboot: Trash
>Red Tails: Trash

The man is not a good writer, director, producer, anything. He made one good movie, unintentionally struck gold on another movie (which his wife heavily edited), and that's it. The only thing that George Lucas genuinely deserves credit for is innovative sound design.
>>
>He is not the Emperor's personal assassin.
But that's literally his job though, why else would he keep him on board?
He clearly doesn't think he's a great military commander and just wants him to keep the chain of command in line.
>>
1) Luke vs Vader Episode 5
2) Luke vs Vader Episode 6
3) Qui-Gonn and Obi-Wan vs Maul Episode 1
>>
>>82318828
This is the only correct answer.

Every shot is gorgeous.
>>
>>82323103
I'll say one thing for Rogue One, I liked the space battles far better than in TFA. At least in RO, they actually used Y-Wings to bomb, and not fucking X-Wings.

I know the ship fights weren't the true dramatic focus of that part of TFA, but it just felt so crappy overall.
>>
>>82323212

Do you ever think that Vader's fleet may actually be some sort of penal battalion or a punishment assignment for officers?

Also Vader didn't get a parade. He got some pilots and officers standing there.

When Sheev arrives you actually see fighters flying in formation outside the Death Star and that's when you have all the different troops assembled. Vader is still just being an enforcer for the Emperor.

Jerjerrod is also the fucking best thanks to the deleted scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JLOcquqyJI
>>
>>82323226
>He is a general, not a front line combatant. He does not sully his hands with such worthless targets.
Wow dude that's a whole lot of headcanon you've got going on there. Vader is whatever he has to be in order to satisfy the Emperor's wishes. If that means getting his hands dirty, so be it.

>Notice how he doesn't try to fight Luke after killing Obi Wan on the death star
Because the plan was to let them go you fucking idiot, murdering them in the hanger would be counter-productive to getting a tracking beacon to the hidden rebel base. For someone who screeches so autistically about the series you are fantastically ill-informed about basic shit like this.
>>
>>82323226
I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I think you're wrong.

>He's a general. Not a front-line combatant.

At heart, he very much is a front-line combatant. At his core, he's still Anakin, just a very twisted version of Anakin. He loves a fight, loves to be in the action. Why else do you think Vader personally went out on a starfighter to kill the rebel pilots in Episode 4? Personally went to fight Luke in Episode 5, instead of having a hundred stormtroopers just capture him?

>Notice how he just backs off after killing obi wan while the stormtroopers try to fight luke and the gang as they escape the death star?

Because he was fucking confused. He sliced Obi-Wan in half, but Obi-Wan just vanished. No Jedi had ever done that before.
>>
>>82323256
>His role is a General

Who the fuck isn't a General in Star Wars?
>>
>>82323391
*Also, like this guy >>82323383 said, Vader was intentionally allowing them to escape. This was explicitly stated by Leia, by Tarkin, and then by Vader himself.

>>82323402
I think every major character is a general except Chewie lol
>>
>>82323359
I actually wish they kept that subplot in.
>>
pium pium

the forceee

Darth Tyranus

I am the shenateee

Shhhhiu shiuuuuu red lightsaber

Na na nananana nsnanana nananana

fellow felegates
>>
>>82323359
>Do you ever think that Vader's fleet may actually be some sort of penal battalion or a punishment assignment for officers?

I think it's the opposite. Vader's fleet is the elite, a remnant of the clone army. I know the old EU is no longer canon, but in the old EU, the "501st Legion", which led the assault on the Jedi Temple, become's Vader's personal army. He routinely steps in personally to save the lives of individual soldiers, and they do likewise.

IMO, and this is mostly headcanon, I think Vader's fleet is made almost entirely out of clone soldiers, while the rest of the Empire is mostly non-clone conscripts. That's why Vader has the biggest ship in the fleet. That's why Vader can slaughter any official with impunity. That's why most soldiers are so worthless but Vader's soldiers can actually do things.
>>
>>82321740
I can watch Anakin's yell after he defeats Asaj over and over and get goosebumps every time.
>>
>>82323359
>Do you ever think that Vader's fleet may actually be some sort of penal battalion or a punishment assignment for officers?
That actually makes sense
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (160KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
160KB, 1920x1080px
It's not the best fight but Kylo Ren vs Rey has imo one of the best settings for a lightsaber fight with a dark snowy forest. The contrast in between the darkness and their lightsabers was pretty great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWF0f183tSA
>>
>>82318768
Return of The Jedi

Darth vs Luke on the deathstar
>>
>>82323596
*becomes

Apologies, bourbon hurts my spelling
>>
>>82320153
It's a video game
>>
>>82323604
Even with the forced fanservice location it's still a great duel.
>>
>>82323627
I agree that the setting was terrific, but the fight itself was a horrible letdown. I'm not going to get into the whole "Mary Sue" argument, but having the protagonist defeat the antagonist so quickly in the first installment of a trilogy kills any sort of anticipation or suspense. Imagine if Luke had just waltzed on up to Vader after Obi-Wan died in Episode 4 and defeated him.

It's a big part of the reason why I stopped watching Star Wars after this movie. Never bothered with Rogue One, won't bother with whatever episode 8 is called.
>>
>>82323596
I don't know about how much of Vader's attachment to his men is retained in the nu-canon. It seems like a very un-Dark Side thing to do
>>
>>82323318
Before the shiquels, he was just the evil wizards general.
>>
>>82323701
I still think Ben is going to pull a Zuko well before the 3rd movie, and go light. Snoke will be expanded on, and the real dark side threat will come out.
>>
>>82323627
It's one of the bright spots of the film but kylo really should have handled them better and more quickly. He should have won the duel with Rey and Finn only barely able to escape on the falcon
>>
File: 1493780441602.jpg (28KB, 650x378px) Image search: [Google]
1493780441602.jpg
28KB, 650x378px
This shit was pretty kino desu.
Haven't seen the rest of the episode or any other episode in the series though
>>
>>82323627
Yeah it has good settings and the fight isn't that bad but Rey Mary Sue just ruined it for me.

I close my eyes because I remembered about the force and suddenly I'm unstoppable.
>>
>>82323742
>I don't know about how much of Vader's attachment to his men is retained in the nu-canon.

Neither do I. I don't know much about the new Disney stuff.

>It seems like a very un-Dark Side thing to do

Not exactly. The dark side is about extreme passion, anger, focus on achieving one's goals...honestly, it's kind of the attitude you would expect to find in any competent military. Also, if you want to interpret it this way, Vader's attachment to the 501st is a remnant of the old Anakin. The Anakin who wanted to go help the dying clone soldiers at the start of episode 3, the one who wanted to carry Obi-Wan on his back, even though it made completing his mission that much more difficult.

Vader was never a perfect "Dark Sider"/Sith. His ultimate motivation was always love and fear for those he loved, not power. IMO it's very much in character for him to protect his men, who he believes share his ultimate belief in a peaceful galaxy. Vader is never truly an evil man, just an extremist with good intentions.
>>
>>82323425
Actually Chewie was a general in Episode 3, not even kidding.
Every scene with the wookies is forgettable and pointless as fuck in that movie other than showing that Chewbacca exists.
>>
>>82323831
I like it how Maul lost when Obi-Wan predicted that he'd try to hit him in the face with his lightsaber hit like he did with Qui Gon. 10/10 poetry.
>>
>>82323627
The Kylo vs Finn fight was better
>>
>>82323871
>Vader is never truly an evil man, just an extremist with good intentions.
Initially, but Dark Side corrupts and shit. He was pretty evil throughout the OT and before, until he's brought back.
>>
>>82323887
It felt like he was throwing the fans a bone for not putting wookies in RoTJ
>>
>>82323627
I honestly walked out after she beat him. I have no interest in the >muh feminism or >muh Mary Sue shit, if Rey was named Raymond I wouldn't have cared, but that was just so....odd.

I know Kylo Ren is just an apprentice, but here he is with years of experience, Rey picks up a lightsaber for the first time, and she just annihilates him? This is like if at the end of Star Wars 4, Luke personally pulled up in his X-Wing, circled back around Darth Vader, and shot him before destroying the Death Star. It kills any notion of "well, the hero has a lot to learn".

I walked out of that thinking "the hero is invincible, why the fuck should I care from here on out?".
>>
Why did Obi-Wan let Vader kill him?
>>
>>82319064
>having more lightsabers is important enough that you give yours to your master so he can fight better
>but you still only carry 1
i'm pretty triggered desu
>>
>>82323848
There are force users that channel their inner force to power themselves up. I just imagined that Rey accidentally channeled some sorta dark side force move and turned her fear into anger and it strengthened her.
>>
File: anonymous-kkk.jpg (21KB, 780x440px) Image search: [Google]
anonymous-kkk.jpg
21KB, 780x440px
>>82323974
That way Obi wan would become a spooky ghost
>>
>>82323425
>I think every major character is a general except Chewie lol

It is a little silly how they make basically everyone who matters a general. I think Luke was a "commander", but still. Also, can anybody explain what Leia's rank is? Her dad started the rebellion, she gives everybody orders in episode 5, but then in episode 6 she's letting Han tell her what to do? What gives?
>>
Has there been any leaks at all on who Del Toro is playing in the new movies?
>>
>>82323871
>Vader is never truly an evil man, just an extremist with good intentions.
In the nucanon, the Emperor actively twists and mindbreaks Vader at any opportunity to stamp out all remnants of "old Anakin," trying to forge him into being as evil a motherfucker as he possibly can. He's largely successful, after a few years Anakin has learned to hate and fear his old self, and dissociate the personas "Anakin Skywalker" and "Darth Vader" in his head, viewing them as two separate people, with the former being a contemptible weakling who is responsible for the suffering of the latter. Check out the book "Lords of the Sith," it's pretty good.
>>
>>82323990

Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>82324075
Lando 2.0
i can't believe they won't bring billy dee back
>>
>>82323974
>Why did Obi-Wan let Vader kill him?

Several reasons

1. He knew he could help Luke without a physical body

2. It momentarily confused Vader. On the off chance that Vader noticed this powerful young force user, he'd be too busy figuring out what the hell just happened to capture Luke.

3. To mess with Anakin. Obi-Wan always loved messing with Anakin.

>>82323975
It's not that important. She knew he wouldn't last long against both Sith alone no matter what. When he said "go, you must walk a different path", she knew he was dead regardless.
>>
>>82324061
As much as people like to pretend it isn't the case, Return of the Jedi was shortly after the time Lucas started believing that movie audiences no longer really cared about story, but cared about the spectacle. He likely wasn't thinking much on whether how they were treating each other made sense or not (any more than Imperial troops being easily defeated by teddy bears).
>>
>>82323967
Kind of funny how that's the only bone he throws while completely neglecting the theatrical version of the original trilogy.
>>
>>82324159
Oh well.

I knew it was a long shot, but I had the most stupid far-fetched hope that they might have him in as Thrawn or something, since he's officially canon again.
>>
>>82323970
>I honestly walked out after she beat him. I have no interest in the >muh feminism or >muh Mary Sue shit, if Rey was named Raymond I wouldn't have cared

The irony is that you have no idea how much of a faggot this line of thought makes you. People who think like you are the reason WHY we're only going to be getting more shitty feminism inserts in media.
>>
>>82324106
Nah, I'm good. I have the old Episode 3 novelization and the old "Darth Vader" book. Both involve what you're describing without getting involved with Disney "nucanon". Vader's own guilt leads him to stamp out any remnant of Anakin Skywalker, no mindbreaking or twisting necessary.
>>
>>82323990
who trained her to use the force?

Rey is a stupid character you can read the same thing in this thread over and over again. I hope they invent something like he was trained when she was a child or something to fix this nonsense of a character. Although it would be still stupid because she was like 7 years old when she was left in the planet? At that age she controlled the force and was a capable lightsaber fighter? I don't see it.

It's stupid, this trilogy was dead the moment she defeated Kylo destroying him in that way that she seemed unstoppable.

It's stupid, has no sense.

how does she knows a Jedi can manipulate minds If she even asked Han Solo if the Jedi ever existed?

hahahahaha my god.
>>
>>82323990
No, TFA is not how you convey channeling the Dark Side out of desperation. This is how you convey channeling the Dark Side out of desperation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1MnMA0TzGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdcj_49R_G8
>>
>>82324164
>She knew he wouldn't last long against both Sith alone no matter what
He killed one and just got his ass kicked by the other because the other one picked up another lightsaber.

The point is having many lightsabers on you should be standard if it's somehow advantageous.
>>
>>82324187
The whole prequel trilogy felt like a fanfiction trilogy done by someone who watched the trilogy as a kid wrote down some ideas and then made them into films as an adult.
>>
>>82324230
I don't really care. I didn't realize it, but Star Wars ended for me when I turned 18 in December of 2013. It only became obvious to me when I saw Ep 7 in December of 2015. It was always meant for children. This new stuff is not for me. You can make it as feminist as you want. Make all Jedi transgendered communist women and all Sith cisgendered capitalism men, or vice versa, I don't care, I'm not wathcing it.
>>
>>82324218
Yeah he runs cloud city 2.0 too there are some truly horrifying set pictures from the planet floating around too.
>>
How come we haven't seen Anakin's force ghost yet in the Disney trilogy? Given how Kylo Ren insists on trying to carry out his granddad's legacy, you would think that having him meet and talk with his granddad would be an important thing to show on-screen
>>
>>82323212
Which is why that random guy shits on his religion to his face?
>>
>>82324475
>We're 1 movie in a trilogy
>"Why hasn't x happened yet"
>>
>>82323974
He was saddened by seeing how far his apprentice/friend had fallen and wanted to give his son the opportunity to not make the same mistakes and understand the meaning of a true sacrifice (aka when Luke attempts to kill himself by jumping in Cloud City).
>>
>>82324475
Maybe he's been dead too long and can't become a ghost anymore? In any cas it always seemed like the living person couldn't summon the ghost the ghost had to decide to show up.
Your point also makes me wonder why Luke didn't have Yoda's force ghost help him teach the new Jedi.
>>
>>82319042
Yes
>>
>>82319332
Is that fucking king candy
>>
>>82324592
>Your point also makes me wonder why Luke didn't have Yoda's force ghost help him teach the new Jedi.
Who says he didn't?
>>
>>82324610
Because he probably wouldn't have fucked it up so badly if he had help from yoda.
>>
>>82324272
Luke losing it on Vader will always give me goose bumps
>>
>>82324516
That random guys shits on his religion to his face in Episode IV, when he's just Tarkin's lapdog. Something clearly changes in between Episode IV and Episode V.
>>
>>82324686
But Yoda was in charge when the original Jedi order was destroyed, so how good is he REALLY at preventing such things?
>>
>>82318768
>Luke v Vader (ESB)>>Finn/Rey v Kylo Ren=Luke v Vader (RotJ)>Anakin/Obi-Wan v Dooku (RotS)>Obi-Wan v Vader (ANH)>Mace v Sheev>Yoda v Sheev>>>Obi-Wan v Vader (RotS)>Qui-Gon v Maul>Qui Gon/Obi-Wan v Maul>Obi-Wan v Grevious>Anakin/Obi-Wan/Yoda v Dooku (AotC)>
>>
>>82324776

How can one person be so wrong?
>>
File: 1438541267004.gif (2MB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
1438541267004.gif
2MB, 250x200px
>>82324776
>Finn/Rey v Kylo Ren=Luke v Vader (RotJ)
absolutely disgusting
>>
>tfw you unlock the purple lightsaber in lego star wars
>>
>>82324771
Yoda kept the Jedi stable for centuries, though. Luke, on his own:

>Old canon
Somehow allowed Darth Vader's grandson to turn to the dark side and start a civil war that nearly destroyed the galaxy, only Darth Vader's granddaughter was able to kill the grandson

>New canon
Somehow allowed Darth Vader's grandson to turn to the dark side and start a civil war that nearly destroyed the galaxy, only Darth Vader's granddaughter (which I assume is what Rey is) will be able to kill the grandson

And this happened within 25 years. Luke is a really shitty teacher.
>>
>>82324875
*Oh, and just for anyone not as autistic as me, Vader's grandson in the old canon is Han Solo's son. And his apprentice is Luke's son, who is literally named "Ben".

JJ Abrams is a fucking hack.
>>
>>82324875
Yoda kept the Jedi stable for centuries of total lack of any opposition, but as soon as the Sith got serious Yoda lost everything to a few decades of Sheev planning.
>>
>>82323201
t. No idea what the fuck I'm talking about
>>
File: ahsoka.jpg (191KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ahsoka.jpg
191KB, 1600x900px
>>82320033
This pleases my dick.
>>
>>82324776
Clearly trolling.
>>
Obviously these are the best lightsaber fights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B886b8fe9AA
>>
>>82324920
Not really true. The Sith plan was centuries in the making. Yoda held the Jedi stable for most of that plan (he was born shortly after it started, took charge of the Jedi Order about halfway through, and lost at its end). Yoda lost everything in the end because his own personal decline happened to coincide with the culmination of the Sith finally getting their "golden boy", the ultimate Sith who could set the final stage of their 900 year plan in motion.
>>
>>82324981
>THAT'S NOT HOW THE FORCE WORKS
Harrison Ford delivered this line very well
>>
>>82324756
I love the fight but it the fights in general could have been much more better. The moves seems pretty random.

Look at this fights. I know It's a video game and you can't make some of the moves without CGI but I think others you cans do it.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YdgmH9Vv2-I

Also, why Vader suddenly without being hit goes one knee in the floor?
>>
>>82323125
In Star Wars legends (old EU stuff) it was heavily established that Sith lords basically outrank any non-force user in the military. Obviously after the extermination of the Jedi the waters were muddied there, since that one asshole officer is openly cracking jokes about the force, but I'm sure Vader still outranked everyone on an official level
>>
>>82325041
It's one of the few times he really feels like Han Solo in that movie, they should have just let him stay cranky the whole movie.

>tfw they should have had Kylo kill off Leia instead of Han
>tfw never got to see all three of them on screen together again
>>
Luuke was the clone of a man named Luke.

Sheev is the clone of a man named Shev.

Shev is Snoke.
>>
File: BB-GREAT!.gif (968KB, 320x265px) Image search: [Google]
BB-GREAT!.gif
968KB, 320x265px
>>82322871
>He's holding the door shut with the force
>>
>>82325172
>Luuke
Shut your fucking mouth, we don't talk about that
>>
>>82320879

>that fucking part where vader glides down the steps rather than use them

KINO
I
N
O

modern film makers would never understand.
>>
>>82323201
This isn't really fair. Granted, I've only seem a few clips from both, but I feel like both series did a much better job of portraying the Anakin/Obi-Wan friendship and Anakin's fall than the prequels did (except for Episode 3, of course).

Giving Anakin an apprentice was actually a great idea, it's a real shame that Lucas didn't think of it until well after he made Episode 3. He could have had a very good series.

Episode 1: New Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi and his reckless/powerful apprentice* Anakin Skywalker investigate a Sith conspiracy that leads to the start of the Clone Wars, the pair of them defeat a Sith and Anakin becomes a full Jedi Knight. Padme is in the equation somehow, maybe as something more important than just a Senator, something that keeps her closely involved with both Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Episode 2: The Clone Wars. Anakin gets an apprentice of his own, the pair of them team up with Obi-Wan and Padme throughout the movie, love triangle and all that shit, the ending of the movie involves Anakin killing the Sith apprentice and either falling to the dark side or getting close.

Episode 3: Anakin's fall, end of the Clone Wars, the battle at the Jedi Temple actually has some emotion behind it because Anakin kills his apprentice to save Padme, is deeply suspicious at Padme and Obi-Wan are together behind his back, Palpatine feeds this suspicion, and this is what causes Anakin to murder Padme on Mustafar**.

*The word "padawan" is retarded
**There are so many real-life examples of unstable young husbands with mental problems murdering their wives after discovering infidelity. You could even have it be after she's given birth but Anakin still doesn't know, she's going to tell him and he just kills her on the spot.
>>
>>82325266
The best way to handle the PT would have been to kick it off with the Clone Wars already underway and infer the origins through flashbacks and snippets of expository dialogue. Nobody really cares about the fine details of how they came to be, the importance of the Clone Wars in the narrative is that they happened and what happened during them.
>>
>>82325115
they probably didnt hav much direction for the fight besides "luke swing for the fences and at the end cut off vaders hand"
>>
>>82318768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hODJV5YcxhM
>>
>>82325421
>playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner
for what purpose?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1840x2888px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1840x2888px
>>82322154
Good choices there. Sabers should be heavy, heavy weapons. And Rey should have lost to Kylo.
>>
>>82325421
What the fuck was that riot staff made from that it could tank lightsaber strikes?
>>
>>82325503
>80% plasma
>Heavy
>>
>>82325536
The same stuff the staffs in Episode 3 had that could tank lightsaber strikes.

Lucas made it canon that such things existed, outside of EU books/games.
>>
>>82325536
The finest materials produced by MacGuffin Industries
>>
>>82325585
Yeah but I thought that that material was supposedly ungodly heavy, so that nobody but droids, superhumans, and force-sensitives could use it as a weapon
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 640x960px
>>82325552
It's the handle that holds the crystal...or some junk.
>>
>>82325552
>bizarre oscillatory forces emanating along the length of the blade due to the magnetic action within the handle
>weird as fuck weight distribution
>>
>>82325624
Never heard anything about that
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmR5LoyZ4jw
>>
>>82319064
Was that space cowboy Bender?

Also why can't they just make another KOTOR there is obviously a big market for RPGs still
>>
I loved grevious fights in the gennedy cartoon and Savage and Maul vs Emporer, and also Maul versus the Mandalorian captain.

And maul vs savage.

Goddamn maul is cool.
>>
>>82321438
>We all know Anakin becomes Darth Vader and it's almost boring to find out why, (a woman, hurr durr)
It could have worked. Padmé could have accidentally seduced him to the dark side. In pursuit of her he abandoned his morality and restrictions.

But it wasn't simply a woman. It was a fear of loss. Anakin's life was full of loss and failure. He grew up a slave, things weren't going well with the Jedi Council, and his mother was raped/killed. Padmé was the last thing he was clinging onto and he was willing to do anything to keep her. Except, as usual, this wasn't realized well in the actual film.
>>
>>82326461
Why didn't they ever help get Anakin's mom out of being a slave, after they were done freeing Naboo?

I know they have that "remove personal attachments" thing, but I find it hard to believe that the Jedi are super cool with one of their own having a relative who is a slave.
>>
https://youtu.be/B886b8fe9AA
>>
>>82321661
TCW was an amazing show. It's really a shame it got cancelled before it finished.
>>
>>82323831

god I hate how rebels does their lightsabers so thin
>>
>>82318768
Mustafar, hands down; no matter your opinion of Episode 3, it simply is the best and can't be topped by Disney for sure
>>
Hate on the prequels all you want, this shit was kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHqdESArkqU
>>
>>82322217
"Your lack of faith is disturbing"
>>
>>82326559
No the Jedi are actually that far on the whole "remove personal attachments" thing. They're disgusting dogmatic to their views even if it goes against what would be morally good.
>>
>>82323831
The rest of the episode was trash. Honestly people would have liked the fight more if maybe Ezra didn't spend the first 15minutes of the ep wandering around the dessert to build up tension to it.
>>
The mental battle Vader has against himself/Anakin in his own mind in the comics was kinda nice at least in the poetry sense.
Thread posts: 273
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.