[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that The Thing and all of the Alien sequels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ellenripley.jpg (40KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
ellenripley.jpg
40KB, 500x714px
Can we all agree that The Thing and all of the Alien sequels pale in comparison to the first Alien film?
>>
>>82316122
The Thing is better than Alien.
>>
>>82316122
no to compare both is like apples and oranges cant even compare but.... the thing > the thing prequel.. alien 1 >2 3 4
>>
>>82316225
The Thing prequel wouldn't have been a near perfect for me if they hadn't been forced to scrap all the practical effects, as well as the original ending.
The movie is really solid, but the shitty CGI and studio involvement dragged it down.
>>
>>82316305
>original ending
for the prequel? what was it
>>
>>82316122
The best part of Alien is where she steps into the suit in her panties and her legs are open.
>>
>>82316484
https://youtu.be/NxPK3sYb90w?t=6m42s
6:42
>>
>>82316122
Alien is better than The Thing, but it's close. Both of them are pretty much the pinnacles of sci-fi horror.
>>
>>82316122
I'm pretty sure the thing is leagues better than alien.

Alien is ultimately a bastardised mess, that only works because of semi decent editing. The original script got raped for money reasons, then the director (a popular hack) put it further throiugh the ringer, filling it with 70's era "sci fi" that makes it feel painfully dated, even though it takes place in the future, and finally the editor left tons of it on the cutting room floor.

The thing was written by the man who directed it. A singular vison, executed perfectly at every stage. It feels more timeless because of the isolated setting, amd only the special effects make it feel somewhat dated. Even then, it's better than most modern horror movies.

There's no basis of comparison. The thing is as good as horror gets and alien is b-movie (more like f-movie) trash for wannabe film buffs who want to pretend it's anything more than a sci fi themed slasher film.
>>
>>82316627
dam i was about to re watch the remake but the CGI hurt my balls.....eye balls
>>
>>82316198
I have to disagree. Both are tie.
>>
>>82316743
>The thing was written by the man who directed it.
No it wasn't.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.