[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me again why this film win the best picture Oscar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: moonlight_fbook.jpg (53KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
moonlight_fbook.jpg
53KB, 600x600px
>>
Because enough of those that voted thought it deserved to win and marked it on their ballots
>>
don't know

didn't see it
>>
>>82303212
muh struggle of being poor, black,thug life and gay
>>
>>82303212
Jews & lefties.
>>
>muh noroties

kys american
>>
>>82303212
>director said his biggest inspirations were Hou Hsiao Hsien and Wong Kar Wai

I'll allow it
>>
It was unironically better than la la land
>>
>>82303212
Have you seen it? What are your reasons for thinking it didn't deserve to win?
>>
>>82303464
Yes.
>>
>>82303567
Which of the nominees do you think should have won instead?
>>
>>82303212
"MUH BLACK POOFTERS" kek
>>
>>82303629
all of them
>>
>>82303460
kys
>>
>>82303212
Its a waah waah movie about struggling to be a faggot in Nigmerica even though if blacks had full legal power they would kill all their gay people even today like they do in Jamaica and Africa.
>>
>>82303629
Fences
>>
>>82303212

You know exactly why it won and you shouldn't need to ask.
>>
>>82303212
The black Cuban guy acted nothing like a black Cuban. Couldn't get into it. I don't know how he got the nomination and won.
>>
>>82303460
La La Land was the worst movie nominated.
>>
The sequel has the main character become a transwoman paraplegic, so it'll win another one.
>>
>>82303700
I honestly don't think him being gay was even a big part of it. I don't consider it a message movie about homosexuality at all.
>>
>film & television
>let political views dictate if a movie is good or not
it was the best movie of the year which is why it won you fucking sperg cry babies
>>
>>82303833
that's probably because you're retarded
>>
>>82303894
It's more about having to be tough and masculine in the type of environment he grew up in.
>>
>>82303780
Nope. Lion and Hidden Figures.
>>
because muh gay niggers from Hollyjew
>>
>>82303891
I agree with you but even putting aside political view this movie sound really boring
>>
>>82303212
it's a good movie, you should watch it.
>>
It's an alright film, but Brokeback Mountain was very similar and better in my opinion.

Janelle Monae is fucking hot though, and normally I'm not into that jungle fever shit. She's like Rihanna/Zoey Saldana/Paula Patton hot.
>>
>>82303212
Ghetto nigger garbage is oscar-bait for self-flagellating Hollywood libtards.
>>
no clue, it was shitty and boring. at least the oscars can say they had some token black movies this year
>>
File: 2016.jpg (2MB, 1366x2324px) Image search: [Google]
2016.jpg
2MB, 1366x2324px
>>82303212
Because la la land was terrible
>>
>>82303940
This nigger gets it
>>
>>82303212
because it tries to deal with the homophobia problem in the black community.
>>
It was a good movie but also got brownie points for being about a gay black kid. There were definitely better movies in 2016 but the oscars doesn't count for shit honestly. It's supposed to be a character drama but the character ends up becoming secondary to the enviroment he's in and the focus ends up falling on the culture of poor black neighborhoods where everyone perpetually stays in the middle school mentality that you need to act tough to be considered a man because nobody has an actual father to teach them shit. It's interesting i guess and it looks pretty but whether or not you enjoy it completely comes down to whether or not you can sympathize with the main character. Now that i think about it i cant even remember his name
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.