[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /tv/ like Preacher?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

Does /tv/ like Preacher?
>>
>>82300495
no because that black whore can't act and ruins the entire show

dropped after season 1
>>
>>82300517
fpbp
>>
>>82300495
I like that Negga
>>
that negga is hot
>>
>>82300495
the comic is a solid 8/10 in terms of fun senseless action.

the tv show is terrible and boring.
>>
/co Preacher was better. /tv Preacher was pretty lame. I liked Tulip better as a semi-racist blond redneck bitch who was mostly kidnap and rescue bait in the comics.
>>
File: reallymademethink.gif (490KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
reallymademethink.gif
490KB, 256x256px
>>82300495
why is she black in the show

also the british lad was fun, other than that it's boring
>>
>>82300495
I watched one episode and couldn't figure out how they took such a straightforward piece of material and mutated it so much. If there's any time you could use the comics as a storyboard and end up with a great show it would be fucking Preacher.
>>
>>82300495
The comics, yes
>>
>>82300517
she's the only thing in the show that isn't a notably weaker take on the comic, albeit comic Tulip offers pretty much nothing to begin with
>>
Gareth Ennis is a talentless hack. I read a little bit of Crossed because some anons posted some screenshots. It's utter edgy gore garbage. If Preacher is anything like that piece of trash, you're better off watching something else
>>
>>82300971
If I remember correctly they just extended the first chapter and the special to fill the first season. So they are still at the start of the comic, maybe there's hope.
>>
>>82300971
because it's essentially a roadtrip and they won't be arsed to budget for that
>>
did another season start? I stopped watching because I hate the irish.
>>
No this shit is god-awful. Just an average 3/10 modern tv shit, not something Preacher deserves. They ruined Constantine already, and I hope Transmetropoliten will never have an (((tv adaptation)))
>>
>1 full fucking season to get to the end of the first issue
jesus christ this is gonna be a long haul. Im not even sure how they are gonna spin that gods just a bored dick with power and is running scared
>>
I really liked it. It's hilarious and the 3 main character are pretty interesting starting with Tulip and ending with Jesse. I'm excited for season 2.
>>
File: Preacher s01e05 JESSUH.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Preacher s01e05 JESSUH.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
the only good character among the main three is Cassidy, all the side characters were better written than Negga and her husband.
>>
>>82300495
i like rude nigger, she's attractive
>>
File: Preacher s01e02 rotten flounder.jpg (209KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Preacher s01e02 rotten flounder.jpg
209KB, 1920x1080px
>>82301159

Tulip in the comics as a pretty shitty hitman for hire had something to build up to, when we're introduced to TV Tulip she's a badass mofo that kills a guy with a corncob and builds an RPG from household appliances. That's not interesting, that's blowing your load, doesn't help that she always looks like she eating shit and treats everyone like shit and expects to be pampered like a princess.
>>
>>82301163
>Crossed.
Found your prob
>>
File: kramer6.gif (495KB, 340x204px) Image search: [Google]
kramer6.gif
495KB, 340x204px
SHE'S A NEGGA
>>
I liked everything besides fucking foxy Cleopatra here. Is her charecter supposed to be such insufferable cunt? Is that how Tulip is in the comics?
>>
>>82302907

>Is that how Tulip is in the comics?

Nope, she was pretty much a screwup and a failure of a hitman, it's only after she got shot in the face did she actually start to improve on a whole.
>>
Gilgun makes it, just like everything he's in.
>>
File: Capture.png (224KB, 284x388px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
224KB, 284x388px
>>82300495
I love it
>>
>>82307159
now i know he looks like he's a trainspotting
version of the guy from modern family
>>
Literal cringe fest for manchildren.
>>
First episode was great, then it immediately dive-bombed and fizzed out. I was given the Season 1 DVD set, and I watched until episode 6 then just skipped to 10 because I was so fed up with fucking NOTHING happening in each episode.

And Tulip is annoying as hell. She's so aggressively stupid.
>>
>>82300495
I will probably give season 2 a try, but he first season was pretty much garbage and didn't really have anything to do with the source material.
>>
It was fun. Solid summer show.
>>
>>82300495
'no'
>>
>>82300495
yeah i thought it was great

eagerly awaiting this and the tick
>>
>>82309116
t. amazon shill
>>
File: sniperdog.jpg (47KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
sniperdog.jpg
47KB, 700x525px
>>82301343
>Transmet adaptation
>The future is just some modern Canadian city but with poorly CGIed neonads
>The amount of shit they'll have to scrap so it actually fits american rating standards
>Different love interests for Spider every season
>Spider glasses will become the new fedora

I'm already mad
>>
File: preacher_comic_book_cover_01.jpg (256KB, 900x1382px) Image search: [Google]
preacher_comic_book_cover_01.jpg
256KB, 900x1382px
I enjoyed it up to when Tulip fed the dog to Cassidy. Stopped after that. Seemed like it was just trying to be more edgy than TWD which i stopped watching aswell. Loved The Preacher comics though.
>>
>>82300495
I enjoy Preacher. The second season looks like it'll be fun.
>>
>>82300495
The comic? Yeah.

This pointless show? Fuck no.

Tulip is some edgy video game character, Jesse is a lying, weak-willed cuck instead of an iron-willed man's man, and Cassidy...well Cassidy is perfect actually.

But fuck this show.
>>
>>82300822
He's Irish, at least in the comic.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.