[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did white people refuse to rally behind this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: IF (2).jpg (193KB, 935x852px) Image search: [Google]
IF (2).jpg
193KB, 935x852px
>>
because it sucked cock?
>>
watched first 3 eps. complete shit

Luke Cage was leagues better. and I'm not even saying this to trigger /tv/ because he's black
>>
Isn't it one of the most viewed Netflix series of all time?
Also, white people don't give a shit about white characters.
>>
>>82289598
netflix is watched by extremely shitty people
>>
>>82288082
The writing was sub-par. But the biggest glaring flaw was that it was clear that he didn't know martial arts and was extremely unskilled.

Seriously it's cringe watching him in the fight scenes because you know he doesn't know what he's doing. They could've gotten an actor who knew martial arts. Iron fist and his martial art prowess should be at the forefront of the show and the most enjoyable part, instead it was the worst.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTlrGz5pPsA
>>
>>82289918
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Cb2d0ZUVs

He has no grace, it's like a child throwing kicks.
>>
It was honestly a bad show with next to no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>82288082
who cares about what reviewers think about muh white male leading kung fu monks
show was shit
dare devil was shit too, fucking ninja army in 2017 lmao
>>
>>82288082
I don't understand what you mean
>>
Because it was shit.
>>
>>82290116
I like his faggy fighting. Effortless makes it seem more skilled for some reason. Sort of like the last matrix fight.
>>
>>82288082
mfw nick frost on into the badlands is better martial arts then iron fist
>>
>>82288082
Because it's the worst capeshit show made in recent times, like a CW show but without campy fun and teenage drama, just unadultered shit. Looking back, I think the first season of Daredevil was an outlier and an uneven outlier at that.
>>
>>82288082
People get nervous when white people rally. Wait for the signal aryan brothers.
>>
>>82288082
because the actor was shit regardless of his skin color so there wasn't anything to defend.
>>
>>82288082
capeshit is garbage for retards kys
>>
>>82291351
Nick Frost in that show????
>>
>>82288082
>rally behind this
Explain what you mean by this and why you expected people to do such a thing
>>
>>82288082
It was pretty fucking bad.

Like I get he didn't finish his training but he spent 14 years in this stoic meditation style monastery and yet every stressful situation he throws a childish tantrum.
>>
>>82288082

it was watched more than cage and jessica jones
>>
>>82289791
>most viewed Netflix series
>watched by extremely shitty people
what logic /tv/ has
>>
>>82288082
>Show comes out, it's shit
>Some people give it shit for casting a white dude in a asian themed role
>/pol/ posters expected white people to force themselves to like a shitty show because "muh white race"

What a petty worldview.
>>
>Iron Fist goes to some warehouse knowing he's in a tournament to fight the hand
>fights some kinky bdsm poison azn
>lets her poison him just to french kiss her for a few seconds

I guess 14 years without sex made his Yellow Fever run wild.
>>
>>82291215
The last matrix fight is actually done well, you can tell iron fist is insanely choreographed and it breaks immersion. He has no skill and there's a lot of cuts to hide this and a stunt double.
>>
I seriously don't see what people get from capeshit tv shows.

The only one I managed to get through was season 1 of Daredevil and even then I didn't find it to be this masterpiece everyone kept claiming it was.

The action is never terribly well directed, choreographed or executed.

The acting is always mediocre with a splice of mediocre+ here or there.

The animations and CGI are always after-school-special-tier.

The writing is usually abysmal with only very few glimmers of anything else, to the point where most arcs are so hamfisted it's not even funny.

But worst of all, the fucking worst by far, is just how uninteresting the characters are. A great example of this would be my attempt at watching Arrow. I gave that shit about three quarters of a season to impress me, but Oliver was such a generic dolt of a person.

This was fucker who was forced away from a life of luxury to live on an island eating rocks.

He should be a fucking shambled mess of a person, riddled with issues and character flaws. Instead he's one shit-n-shave away from the everyday rich kid with "muh poorly defined vengeance" complex.
>>
>>82294008
THIS

But I don't get why the particular hate on Iron Fist. It's dumb and mediocre like any other show.
>>
>>82289918
>>82290116

When you compare these two it's fucking shocking how bland one is over the other.
>>
>>82294722

Exactly my point.

Ironfist isn't DUMBER than Arrow, or Daredevil. It's on the same leve, and that's why it's so sureal to see this burned on the stake, while Daredevil is considered kino.
>>
>>82294008
Agree with this Anon. I don't understand why people wast time with this shit.
>>
>entire budget spent on cgi glass when he powerfists the floor
>other 12 episodes just meander between mildly interesting and utter boredom thanks to non existent chemistry between the family characters

that's what's wrong
>>
>>82293925
>motoko is asian in the original movie, thus casting a white person in the role is racist
>danny rand is white in the comics, thus casting a white person is racist
is casting white people in roles just wrong?
>>
I could hear Wade drone on for hours.
>>
File: 1493562808293.jpg (161KB, 1446x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1493562808293.jpg
161KB, 1446x1462px
>>82294008
They are all equally bad, but some of them provide certain audiences what they want. The CW shows were measured to be more popular than anything in netflix in 2016 despite being unwatchable, because some people want eenage drama and cheese fights. Daredevil was a piece of shit but it had some decent fight choreography ripped off from Old Boy so I can understand some bottom of the barrel plebs claiming it's good. I couldn't make it through though, too much filler and shit

Iron Fist is the worst of them all because it has all of the flaws but none of the niche draws. It's just trash for the sake of being trash. It has no reason to exist.

>mfw I remember that shill when the reviews came out claiming all the reviewers would be apologizing because of some plot twist about SJW journalists by episode 9 or something
I'm glad the mods are banning those fucks now tbqh
>>
the future of bug budget netflix shows really took a hit after marco polo flopped. netflix is afraid to loosen the purse strings and it really shows in iron fist. the defeneders is going to be even worse.
>>
>>82288082
The only gimmick about this shit was "lel le gay actor from le game of thrones :^)", it was bound to fail
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.