[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is The Departed really all it's cracked up to be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

I've heard this movie been called a masterpiece but I couldn't help but notice the shit pacing and overall pretentious throughout. Also Nicholson was hamming it up big time.

Was this the beginning of Scorcese's decline?
>>
>>82275993
That's my favorite movie of all time
>>
nicholson is just a hammy actor, many such cases
>>
>>82275993
My favorite Scorsese movie, I loved it
>>
I'M A SAILOR PEG
>>
>>82276021
I think it's in my top 5. I caught it on HBO a little while ago and found myself watching and enjoying it like it was the first time. I even thought of it the next day and listened to the soundtrack. That almost never happens to me.
>>
>>82276109
AND I LOST MY LEG
>>
No
And also Scorsese hasn't made anything truly good since Bringing Out the Dead

He has become hack
>>
>>82275993
Maybe, maybe not

maybe fuck yourself
>>
OP is a (you) fishing faggot who already made this post about goodfellas.

>>82275622
>>
>>82276132
I don't even think it's the best Scorcese movie, but it was pretty much the last movie that impressed me and made me say "wow" before I grew up and became jaded about everything. I remember putting off watching it for the longest time, and someone gave me the DVD for my birthday and when I finally saw it, it blew my mind.
>>
>>82276278
>>82275993
>hamming it up
>hamming it up

Yeah, fuck you OP. You make these same hamposting threads daily at this point. Yes, it's a term people use, but one can tell from your phrasing you've applied it to a number of disparate films and actors over the past few weeks for (You)s.
>>
>>82276393
no i don't. fuck you
>>
>>82276162
MY HANDS FELT JUST LIKE TWO BALOONS
>>
>>82276668
Why don't you go fuck yourself for a change, save a little desperation.

Being holed up in a basement as a NEET must be quite boring at times
>>
the original Chinese version is better than the Murican copy tbqh
>>
>>82276880
i get sucked off by bitches literally every night mother fucker

i can bench like 275

my cock? nine inches

30 years old, in shape, no signs of balding

single dad with two kids

ill shit on you kid
>>
>>82276991
>Single dad

Couldn't keep your wife away from the bbc tho
>>
>>82275993
It was good until Leo gets killed off by some literal who. Ruined the entire movie for me.
>>
>>82277025
>literal who

pay attention next time
>>
>>82277021
she left me cuz i fucked too many bitches
>>
>>82276991
>sucked off by bitches every night

You do know your mother doesn't count, right anon?
>>
>>82276991
>single dad with two kids
fuck's sake.
>>
>>82276944
>Chinese version is better
Not even close. The Departed is the same story with better writing, better acting and better direction. Unless you have a hard on for Tony Leung there is zero reason to watch that over Scorsese's version.
>>
>>82277081
>30 years old

Haha, if you're retarded or autistic maybe. The overly defensive immature way you're typing proves you're no older than 15 tops
>>
>>82275993
It was pretty good, decent characters and Matt Damon gets ultra-cucked in it. Nothing near the enjoyability levels of Goodfellas or Wolf of Wallstreet in my opinion though.

Hopefully Scorsese hits it out of the park with that HH Holmes movie or whatever the fuck he's doing next.
>>
FUCKING FAHGET FYAMEN
>>
my fav film
>>
>>82276991
The only thing you're benching is dick, fucking basement dweller
>>
>>82276991
>single dad with two kids
Thats bad you know? Not as bad as single moms but still bad. If you have girls they will turn into wohres and your boys will be as degenerate as you are, if not more.
>>
>>82277130
yeah well the overly shitty and fucked up way you;re typing proves that your a fucking dumb ass idiot
>>
>>82277159
FIYAMEN AH UH BUNCH A QUEEAHS
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 826x793px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 826x793px
>>82276109
>not crediting Howahd Showah
Oh my gahhd
https://youtu.be/8JAHi9Eu4rA
>>
>>82275993
Maybe, maybe not, maybe fuck yourself
>>
>>82276991
How did all these retards take the bait? Holy fucking shit dude
>>
>>82277571
autists have a hard time picking up on irony and sarcasm
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.