[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about how visually beautiful this film is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

I know there are already a couple of Guardians of the Galaxy threads, but I wanted to talk about something specific. The CGI sets in this are incredible. They know they aren't realistic and don't try to be, as visual art I think they are absolutely stunning. The porcelain memories bit was the highlight for me (and I'm really annoyed I can't find a good picture for this thread).
>>
>>82273482
Yeah, THIS is how I want movies to look with rich and saturated color. Fucking morons like Zack Snyder suck the color out of his movies, like he sucks cum out of black cock. GOT2 delivered everything I wanted from the first film and had the sort of trippy Sci-fi psychedelic surrealism that The Fifth Element had. My worry is that Infinity War 1&2 will look like shit because those dumb cunt Russo brothers who made Civil War look FUCK AWFUL with desaturated hand held shaky cam shit. I really wish Gunn was going IW because GOTG 2, like Ant-man, has the perfect tone and style of what Marvel movie should be. Bold, operatic and emotional!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>82273663
I like it because it's gives the Guardians an entirely different feel to the Earth based Marvel films, makes the cosmic stuff feel unknown and magical. If Infinity War is set mainly in space, as I imagine it will, it's going to disappoint me if they use the same colour scheme as the Earth based films. If it looks more like GotG, it will help give some consistency to how space looks in a Marvel film.
>>
>>82273820
I agree with you 100%!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>82273820
Yeah it seems thor ragnarok is gonna be the same style
>>
the ravagers funeral was stunning
>>
File: IMG_2946.jpg (89KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2946.jpg
89KB, 900x600px
>>82273482

I'm glad that James Gunn deliberately avoided using purple in this one, because he felt they went overboard with it the first time. Great set design, too. I love the interior of Ego's ship - it had a cool, minimalistic 1970's sci fi vibe.
>>
>>82273820

Ya know what would be really kewl is if they used the drab look on Earth but when the heroes go into space it's all hyper colourful. Sort of like in Wizard of Oz when Kansas is shot in b&w then changes to Technicolor when they get to Oz
>>
File: IMG_0343.png (2KB, 142x138px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0343.png
2KB, 142x138px
Visuals don't mean anything if the movie is shit senpai
>>
>>82274662
Ooh, yes, I love that idea.
>>
>>82274670

You're right, but in this case the movie is a solid 7/10 so it's all good.
>>
>>82273663
thats what I really liked about Doctor Strange, the crazy psychedelic KIRBY visuals.
>>
>>82274670
But it's better than the first one.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.