[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it actually good or just Flavor of the Month?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 12

Is it actually good or just Flavor of the Month?
>>
Pretty good tbqh
>>
>>82266412
It's pretty heckin good, OP. Watch it, then ask us what you think about it.

>reminder that Clay did nothing wrong
>>
>>82266412
>>82266442
>>82266495
>>
>>82266412
Its shit...fuck i hate Netflix...
>>
>>82266571
>>82266614
Why is it bad?

Give me a real answer, not "it doesn't align with my political views"
>>
>>82266769
It literally claims cis white women have less privilege than women of color, men of color, and homosexuals
>>
File: Image.jpg (36KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
36KB, 333x499px
>>82266412
Writing and acting were good, but the plot was just stupid.

"I killed myself and it's your fault, because you were an asshole to me that one time! BAWWWW!"

Come the fuck on... I remember in the show the mother was talking about if, maybe they hadn't moved, Hannah wouldn't have killed herself. No, that bitch was nuts. Even the people that liked her kept mentioning that she was "all drama". She would have killed herself eventually, no matter what.
>>
File: 1493657691389.jpg (98KB, 540x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493657691389.jpg
98KB, 540x800px
>>82266412
>>
i just started watching this, there are so many cringy moments good lord
>>
>>82266495
Clay literally beta orbited her to death. Didn't even compliment her new hair $mh
>>
>>82266412
Is it bad if Hannah's rape scene gave me a boner?
>>
It's the best teen drama since The OC
>>
>>82266495

>heckin

You know how I can tell you're from Tumblr?

>>82266442

And you?
>>
>>82268291
Educate us.
>>
>>82268162
kek that's like saying it stinks less than shit
>>
>>82266412
SPOILER ALERT the girl kills herself.
>>
DUDE I'LL KILL MYSELF BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT LMAO

grow a pair you fucking bitch
>>
selfish drama queen

too dumb to even know what an eclipse is
>>
>>82268745
Kek
>>
>>82268698
>>82268745
Don't insult my waifu you fucks.
>>
>>82266412
Tyler = 4Chan
Clay = Reddit
Hannah = Tumblr
>>
Starts bad, gets worse and pulls out of a tailspin in the last 2 episodes. Most of it plays as an aggressive Pretty Little Liars style story but the end turns it into a pretty nuanced tragic story about depression. Having said all that, it's about 85% shit and 15% great.
>>
>>82266412
How accurate is the show's general school life depiction? I'm not from america so I wouldn't know. I just get so sad when I didn't experience anything even remotely as nice as Clay with Hannah, and probably never will.
>>
>You might be a beta faggot

>But you will never reach such levels that literally drive a girl to kill herself.
>>
>>82269579

Really pushes the stereotypical jocks. But I've seen some assholes who really are like that.

Some of the bitches in High School were cold as fuck, so that wasn't too far out of the realm of possibility

Teachers here don't give a fuck about us. The only time they gave a shit was when there was a chance their reputation would be tarnished.

>No QT suicidal girl for you to rescue
I feel your feels, bro.
>>
It's a teeny bopper show so I couldn't get into it. Too much teeny bopper themes for me.
>>
>>82268698

>Gets raped
>Gets harassed
>Gets berated by literally everyone

Sure, m8
>>
>>82266412
Dumb, pointless high school drama that glorifies suicide
>>
>>82266412
pretty shit
>>
>>82266412
It's alright.

Its over use of popular songs is annoying though.
>>
>>82266412
Themes of the Show:
Kill yourself if you want attention
Boys are evil or beta
Girls are stupid and illogical
>>
>>82267541
I feel like it's a pretty realistic representation about high school suicide though. She didn't have it much worse than anyone else, and blames people who really didn't even do anything that bad. People who were close to her blame themselves and think there was something they could've done, not taking into account the fact that she was just crazy in some way.
>>
>>82270116
So pretty accurate then?
>>
>>82270145
yea but its pretty fucked up to glamorize suicide
its like if a tv shows main theme was muslims and blacks are scum
>>
Don't really understand how a girl who's just been raped would really give a fuck about some of the shit she whinges about early on in the series
>>
>>82270143
Arguably the only major events that could lead to suicide were witnessing a rape and then getting raped. However in both cases she could have done something to prevent them.

When she was in that closet she could've just ran to the door, unlocked it and left and that would've solved that. I don't think 'freezing' up is an legitimate excuse for doing nothing.

And the second is fairly obvious, don't go to Bryce's party. I do understand that her friends feel guilt and don't just conclude that she was mentally unstable. It's hard to not feel responsible after someone does something like that.
>>
haha, /tv/ liking this shows how underage this board really is

It's made for high schoolers, of course it's not good you stupid plebs. It's High Schooler English class tier. It's the television equivalent of young adult fiction. If you enjoyed it, that's fine, but it's not "good"
>>
>>82269955
>>82270264
The show doesn't glorify suicide though, I'd say it does the exact opposite. She thought nobody cares for her when in fact lots of people do, Clay especially.
>>
>>82270326
It's kino though.
>>
I was in a restaurant and behind me heard some parents asking their kid about if kids in their school were talking about it. Some schools have banned talking about it. You know, because that worked so well for Pokemon.
>>
>>82270423
It completely glamorizes the though of "maybe people will care once I die"
>>
>>82270326

most of 4chan is probably underaged/highschoolers at this point. Older people aren't around here or go to imageboards that will have a higher median age

/tv/ will always attract a youger demographic, just look at the memes/jokes/language used on this board.
>>
>>82270565
Yeah but we see the aftermath of her suicide, she doesn't. Lots of people are devastated which enforces the thought of "oh shit, maybe I shouldn't kys myself."
>>
>>82267699
topkek
>>
>>82266412
It's fine. Courtney is a chink-faced slut though.
>>
>>82270423
>>82270627
they only care because she is dead
if she was still alive it would be the same old shit, she had to do something loud enough to make them stop
its a terrible theme to promote but not an untrue one
>>
>>82266412
Does that girl have Downs?
>>
>>82267541
>I killed myself and it's your fault
she never said that, only that those are the events that led to her death
>>
>>82270323
The problem with that logic is A. In the real world, "freezing up" is cited as a reason for not stopping rape all the time, whether it's someone else or the victim themselves. B. She, and all of her classmates are all in high school and think like highschoolers (retards). So once she hit her boiling point, EVERYTHING bad that happened to her was a legitimate reason to kill herself.

Even the biggest stretch imo, which is why would the 10 other kids on the tape equate their secrets with stalking or rape, can pretty much be explained away with "They're irrational highschoolers who don't understand how much trouble they would or wouldn't get into, and they're afraid of other kids knowing, so they just try to hide it all." It's pretty realistic when you remember how you and your friends all acted in high school.
>>
>>82268918
Bryce=???
>>
It's normalfag FOTM
let that sink in
>>
>>82270698
Courtney was a shit. I was actually pretty surprised because seemingly the only ones who aren't total shit bags are the white males. Marcus and Courtney are the fucking worst imo for seriously covering up rape to hide their own minor shit. Plus they portrayed Courtney as a straight up asian student stereotype right down to a hello kitty lunchbox. Surprised no one jumped on that.
>>
>>82271152
All asians do.
>>
>>82266412
flavor of the month
we got new house of cards coming soon just wait for that
>>
>>82271356
but the only good house of cards season is the first one.
>>
>>82271214
bodybuilding forums
>>
>>82271240
i'm sunk
>>
>>82270143
The thing is that they never portray it as something they didn't really do. If they did it would potentially be very offensive to people who had friends and family commit suicide. It's a lose-lose.
>>
13 reasons why jessica is so fertile
>>
File: feel.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
feel.png
7KB, 645x773px
>>82266412
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKik-um3HaA
>>
File: sweating dog.gif (3MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
sweating dog.gif
3MB, 300x169px
>>82273190
https://vid.me/iTUH
>>
>>82270326
>It's the television equivalent of young adult fiction.
No shit, it was adapted from Young Adult literature.
>>
File: aCuffpp5j8si.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
aCuffpp5j8si.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>>82274131
>the way she just gives up and is completely dead inside
>>
File: 377r3irup3.jpg (3KB, 150x145px) Image search: [Google]
377r3irup3.jpg
3KB, 150x145px
>>82274635
That was the exact moment she died inside.
>>
>>82274635

Got me right in the feels
>>
>>82266412
Pretty good
>>
>>82270625
Yeah, when I was a sophomore, I hated that shit. I sat around reading Hellblazer and Lovecraft. Teens deserve better than idiots like John Green.
>>
>>82269864
>Gets berated by literally everyone

Not by Sheri, Zack, Clay, Ryan, Marcus

I had to look up what Marcus did again

"Marcus represents a turning point for Hannah. After he tries to force her to let him touch her sexually in a booth at Rosie's Diner, Hannah begins to seriously consider suicide."

What a dumb fucking cunt.
>>
>>82275311
Damn, Remember when schools and churches went after entertainment that was actually fun, so there was something to fight for.
>>
File: IMG_0137.gif (589KB, 373x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0137.gif
589KB, 373x288px
>>82266412
I'm on one more episode left to go !!! Over all solid series, though. I wanna know more about Hannah instead of the part about 6 to 9 where momentum of story get nub. All cast seem a bit older than what they are supposed to be. So it almost got me thinking this story taking place at college campus while I'm watching. I'm wandering what would happen if they pick those kids actors from Disney channel ??? Would it cause more shock value as ppl are making mazz about ??? I kinda like to see what Selena & buddies come up with next.
>>
>>82267699
thanks for having the same sense of humor as me, because that's the first thing i thought when i saw this thread
>>
File: 1486083531646.jpg (21KB, 375x268px) Image search: [Google]
1486083531646.jpg
21KB, 375x268px
>we didn't get to see tyler go postal
>>
>>82276905
great post, believable retardation. I seriously can't tell if you're being a faggot on purpose or not
>>
File: 1493048648330.jpg (133KB, 494x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493048648330.jpg
133KB, 494x500px
Decent series, and Hannah is a qt. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to be contrarian and edgy.
>>
>>82271356
lol more like house of reddit
>>
does she get her plump tits out at any point? literally the only reason I'd consider watching
>>
>>82275258
Dude, what are you even going on about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAXxpMryWRw

The dude brings all his cronies to watch him try and grope a chick that barely knows him who is clearly still pissed at the fact he showed up super late to a date he scheduled himself? How is she the dumb cunt?
>>
>>82269864
>Watches friend get raped by a jock
>Does nothing tp stop the rape, says nothing afterward
>Gets into hot tub with the rapist

Dude, how idiot can you get?

Sorry, i dont mean she was asking for it . But its hard to feel sorry for a girl this dumb when there are 10 year old girls being raped everyday by relatives who don't kill themselves and choose to carry on despite the hurt and the anger
>>
>>82271168
"Here's your tape"

Is a chickenshit move that she just killed herself instead of try to work things out face to face .
Instead left them with a guilt to carry on for the rest of their lives
>>
>>82278835
sadly theres no nudity in the show
>>
>>82279420
The rapist got into the hot tub with her. She was in there only to hang out with Jessica, but once she left, the rapist hopped in. He cornered her until she tried to leave and then he pulled her in.
>>
>>82271214
tinder
>>
i don't think you're meant to ally with hannah in the act of her giving people the tapes, save for bryce, tyler, courtney, and marcus. the show doesn't seem to paint hannah's motive for giving the others their tapes in a positive light, but moreso something that she did out of an incredibly fucked up string of awful situations right before taking her life. the narrative functions like the viewer is aware they're watching a young and mentally ill person succumb to bullying and sexual violence and defending themselves the only way they feel they can.
>>
>>82268291
Says the redditspacing faggot
>>
>>82280093
Its the same. She should have gotten outta there as soon as Jessica left. Like i said, she didnt deserve what happened to her, and that guy should have his balls ripped out, but she was stupid to put herself in that situation in the first place, moreso after knowing what he was capable of doing.
Hannah's biggest flaw was being so arrogant to accuse everybody of letting her down when she did exactly the same to others. She got on her high horse at Sheri for running from the accident scene, but she ran as well too, and she kept her mouth shut too when she found out the consecuences of Sheri's wrongdoing. She treated Zack, Alex and Tyler like shit when they weren't being mean, just stupid, and worst of all, she treated her parents like shit for killing herself and letting them to deal with her death like they deserved too her spite
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.