[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TRUE DETECTIVE APPRECIATION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13

File: true-detective.jpg (312KB, 1140x641px) Image search: [Google]
true-detective.jpg
312KB, 1140x641px
I just finished the first season of this masterpiece and wanted to start a thread to appreciate how well-researched this show is and how well it reflects the sad reality we live in.
To do that I want to share some of the references I caught. Feel free to join in.
>>
I've read the first 2 episodes of the 3rd season. AMA.
>>
Season 2 was fantastic.
>>
I just maranthoned the first episode of season 1
What did I think of it?
>>
>>82261155
can you prove it?
>>
This first reference I found to be obvious but couldn't find anything about it on the internet.

Main suspect is named Reginald Ledoux. A guy who kidnaps and provides children for an elite pedophile / satanist ring.
>Ledoux

That sounds awfully similar to a guy in Belgium, who did pretty much the same with the name
>Marc Dutroux
https://isgp-studies.com/belgian-x-dossiers-of-the-dutroux-affair
>>
sage until any reference is posted
>>
File: 01_true_detective_spirali.png (368KB, 738x462px) Image search: [Google]
01_true_detective_spirali.png
368KB, 738x462px
Then there is the spiral symbol that is featured multiple times throughout the season.

>pic related

A symbol for a group of pedophiles that systematically abuses children.
Where have we seen that again...?
>>
File: FBI-pedophile-symbols-page1.jpg (676KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
FBI-pedophile-symbols-page1.jpg
676KB, 1275x1650px
>>82261342
...must have been on this leaked FBI document, describing how pedophiles use these symbols to signal their preferences to each other without being noticed.
>>
File: lgfhqronqrqfacwmyaem.jpg (45KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
lgfhqronqrqfacwmyaem.jpg
45KB, 640x427px
Then there is all the obvious satanic imagery that is all over the show. Interesting is this painting on a wall that shows the victim with antlers (pic related is a graffiti, couldn't find the original).
There is some other place that has this kind of imagery...
>>
File: IMG_0770-e1479229991485.jpg (94KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0770-e1479229991485.jpg
94KB, 640x478px
>>82261483
Here you go. This is a mural from Comet Ping Pong, the infamous pizza place that is connected to a scary amount of elites.
>>
>>82261209

Nope.
>>
No interest at all? Is /tv/ too bluepilled for True Detective?
>>
>>82261608
Jut post the references. Are you expecting people to post "wow" after every reference?
>>
>>82261666
No but people who watched the show could contribute something so that I don't feel like talking to myself.
>>
The ending was a bit anticlimactic. Im hoping season 3 goes deeper to find inner circle instead of some retard manchild scapegoat.
>>
>>82261749
Are you talking about the ending of season 1 or 2? I agree though, the ending was offputting. I thought they were gonna bust the ring leader but in the end it was just another retarded redneck.
>>
>>82261808
I would presume 1, considering the ending of 2 is anything but anticlimatic.
Was there a reason why they tried to make the villain 'cultured' but still lived in a vile household?
>>
>>82261939
I think he was partly cultured because he had a split personality, or at least he was showing symptoms of dissiociative identity disorder, like talking with different accents.
>>
>>82261090
You lost the super-comfy threads after every episode, the rustposting, the retarded theories, the explosion of postings after the finale.
Truly great /tv/ period
>>
>>82262191
What a shame... I hate being late to the party.
>>
>>82262069
Was it that prominent? I thought he was just putting on the accent for fun or something. Wasn't there a film/radio show on?
>>
Also, apparently the creator if the show, Nic Pizzolatto, said this in an interview:

"“You know, you can Google “Satanism” “preschool” and “Louisiana” and you’ll be surprised at what you get. But instead of having our Satan worshippers worship Satan, they worship The Yellow King."

Here's what you find when you google.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2005/05/25/us/sex-charges-follow-a-churchs-collapse.html?referer=http://ew.com/article/2014/02/27/true-detective-nic-pizzolatto-season-1/
>>
Listen. This probably ain't the best time for this, but.. you gotta come to dinner.

Can't hold Maggie off no more. So. You just gotta.
>>
>>82262288
I don't know, that's just how I perceived it. It would make sense since he's an obvious abuse victim.
>>
>>82261539
>Comet Ping Pong, the infamous pizza place that is connected to a scary amount of elites.

IF by connected you mean it's a pizza place in Washington DC, where a lot of political elites live, and would order pizza from if they wanted pizza.

Go back to the_donald and take your tinfoil hat with you.

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS HURRRRR
>>
>>82262388
>being this retarded
>>
Season 3 should involve the Tuttles again
>>
File: kino.jpg (83KB, 478x416px) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
83KB, 478x416px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U
>>
>>82262288
Same. He saw the scene from North by Northwest on the tv and pretended to be fancy and polite like the characters from the movie. At least that's what I thought
>>
>>82262594
But then it doesn't really make sense that he talks like a retarded kid when he's mowing the lawn but uses complex, lyrical language when he talks to Rust.
>>
What song would you use for the opening credits of the third season?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmNTvkb7k4I
>>
>>82262556
This scene stood out so much. Truly brilliant.
>>
>>82262651
Maybe Rust is hallucinating the voices. Maybe he was the King In Yellow
>>
>>82262556
>This was one of the most intense scenes in tv history, I was literally on the edge of my seat. Can't wait until season 2.
All those comments below laughing, as if the set-pieces in season 2 weren't better.
Also - reminder the first time Marty ever killed someone was when he murdered the pedo in cold blood.
>>
>>82262446
If you're in support of the Pizzagate theory, then you have no room to call other people retarded.
>>
>>82262750
That's easy to say when you have literally no knowledge of elite pedophile rings. About half of pizzagate is bullshit and disinformation, but the underlying problem remains and is simply the reality. Did you think True Detective was mere fiction? Think again.
>>
FROM THE DUSTY MASON
>>
I made it through season 1 today. An effort was made but it was a slog.
>>
>>82262829
>Did you think True Detective was mere fiction?
I choose to believe these things dont happen irl
>>
>>82262829
>have no knowledge
What an odd claim to make about a stranger.

I never made such a statement regarding true detective solely being fiction. I never said elite pedo rings didn't exist. I referred to pizzagate specifically because it's horseshit.
>>
File: THkfBDK.jpg (192KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
THkfBDK.jpg
192KB, 1200x675px
>>82261090
A great series, but this moment really ruined it for me.
>>
>>82262904
>it's horseshit
It's not completely though. A lot of it is made up nonsense, but the pedophile symbols are very real and I don't know if you have a grasp of how probability works but the chances of 5 instances of pedophile symbology connected to the same place is astronomically low.
>>
>>82261372
shit like this is so painfully fake, jesus christ. how stupid could you possibly be to believe the world operates the same as a fucking bond film. kys.
>>
File: IMG_2239.jpg (124KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2239.jpg
124KB, 800x450px
>>82262985
>>
>>82263028
>painfully fake
[citation needed]
You are just in denial mate.
>>
>>82262840
uhh low leash adough cause
>>
>>82261155
tell us about the main characters
>>
File: 1394634870174.jpg (912KB, 3902x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1394634870174.jpg
912KB, 3902x1107px
loved this show, well season 1, but you can tell that pizzaman wrote himself into a corner. green ears will always be fucking bullshit. also this was never explained. and no, "muh psychosphere" doesn't count.
>>
>>82262985
You type like someone who doesn't talk to people often. You're lack of charisma and evidence makes it difficult to support your claims at face value. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying you're presentation skills could use some fine tuning.
>>
>>82263183
>also this was never explained.
Not everything has to be. That's why stories have layers.
>>
>>82263100

Burden of proof, my man, I'll make fun of sperglords like you til the day I die, or until you actually provide proof of "leaked documents" outside of wikileaks you fucking amateur, and rest assured I will die long before your incompetent ass would reach anything resembling evidence of anything other than your overwhelming social unawareness and gullibility you fucking dork.
>>
>>82262985
>astronomically low.

I'm not hearing "impossible". :3
>>
>>82262651
That is a good point.
>>
>>82263183
Wow that pic is really good. I agree that the green ears bit was fucking bullshit. I didn't even get how they solved that clue.

>>82263185
>>82263245
Yeah I can't really be bothered having this discussion again. Sorry mate. It's just too much of a hassle providing arguments, searching for and linking to all the original sources, and countering the countless strawman arguments every time, just to find your opponent at an impenetrable state of cognitive dissonance. People who are interested in the truth will eventually find it, one way or the other.

Also
>leaked documents outside of wikileaks
>AKA whatever your source is I will dismiss it
>>
>>82263361
;)
>>
>>82263237
layers my ass. this is clearly a dropped plot line. what i wanna know is why was it dropped
>>
Oh another reference is the task force that almost took over the case. The same thing happened to the detectives that investigated the Dutroux case.
>>
>>82263361

You have peaked my interest in this matter greatly. I appreciate your words.
>>
>>82263245

Not him, but how old are you kid?

This isnt new. The catholic church has been abusing their power for centuries, when it comes to raping children. Especially here in Europe, where there are scandals every year.

Granted the entire "ritual murder" thing is a bit much, but Im sure there are "clubs" where these people interact with.
>>
>>82261215
>>Ledoux
>That sounds awfully similar to
>>Marc Dutroux
It really doesn't.
>>
>>82264993
Exactly. People don't get how effective a group of people is where each member has blackmailing material on the others. The more disgusting and terrifying the stuff is they have evidence of, the more guaranteed is your loyalty towards that group. It's the highest group coherence imaginable. This is why that had no problem infiltrating virtually every aspect of our lives and getting to the top of almost every relevant industry.
>>
>>82263183
Its all building for season 3. At least it should be.
>>
>>82265055
>Ledoux
>Dutroux
Yes it fucking does. How common are french names with the ending -doux in America? Not that common. How many of those people kidnap and abuse children, like Dutroux? Even less. You got to be retarded to not see the connection here.
>>
>>82262191
>>82262204
I remember the "post yfw vortex" thread pinned to the front page for like 2 days after. Good thing I watched the ep before going on /tv/
>>
Btw is the second season really as bad as they say? I kinda wanna watch it but don't wanna ruin the experience I got from the first season.
>>
>>82265383
It's an odd, clunky, convoluted thing, but I wouldn't say it's bad at all. I, personally like it much better, even if I see its obvious flaws.
>>
>>82265383

It's an extremely flawed piece of work that was almost good. It's not enough to just describe it as bad, because with more work it could have been really great.
>>
File: who da waid here.jpg (117KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
who da waid here.jpg
117KB, 540x300px
>>82265383
The problem with S2 is that it's not the True Detective we could have expected after season 1. It's a better than average Vice-drama story on its own though.
>>
>>82265383
It's better than season 1.
>>
>>82261372
It's not a "leaked" document, it's intentionally publically available.
>>
>>82265277
Those are pronounced le-doo and doo-troe (sounds like blow). Fucking retard, those types of names are incredibly common in Louisiana where s1 is set
>>
>>82261608
>It's a someone watched a 3 year old show that all patricians watched years ago and now he thinks his taste is kino and wants to discuss the show and is surprised the thread isn't gaining momentum even if the 8 episodes have been examined and discussed on a microscopical level already thread
>>
>>82266615
French here. We pronounce it "du-trew"
>>
i almost stopped watching the first episode after 5 minutes because rust was too fedora
>>
My favorite /tv/ theory was the one about Marty's kids being the killer
>>
Any movie suggestions for anons who liked TD?
>>
File: 14272315305970.jpg (41KB, 332x357px) Image search: [Google]
14272315305970.jpg
41KB, 332x357px
>Ctrl+F
>Lovecraft
>0
Lmao, ya'll plebs unironically think that the show is about grumpy Rust being edgy?
>>
>>82261090
1 hit wonder, season 2 is shit and if there is a season 3 it will be shit too because pizza is a hack.
>>
>>82267797
>LE I KNOW LOVECRAFT XDDDD
Fucking fag.
>>
>>82267931
Not as big of fag as people who discuss TD on a reddit-tier level of discussion.
>>
>>82267797
its about the king in yellow, not lovecraft you dolt.
>>
File: masly.jpg (31KB, 702x536px) Image search: [Google]
masly.jpg
31KB, 702x536px
>>82267985
>thinks he's smarter than everyone else
>uses reddit as an insult
>>
>>82267985
simply ebim
>>
>>82265807
>that pic
Rust was completely asexual, that scene where he fucks Maggie was really forced and awkward
>>
>>82261215
3/5 of coon asses in Louisiana have a last name ending in -oux.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.