[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doctor Who General - /Who/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 47

Qt edition.

Previously: >>82237967
>>
>>82257138
SPLINK.
>>
Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqpzv6v5KBM

Who's hype for binaural audio next week?
>>
File: Season-12.jpg (91KB, 615x345px) Image search: [Google]
Season-12.jpg
91KB, 615x345px
What's the best season and why is it 12?
>>
File: ZoeConsole.gif (4MB, 270x204px) Image search: [Google]
ZoeConsole.gif
4MB, 270x204px
>>82257187
Season 6.
>>
I am not attracted to bill sexually
I think bill is a good character and a fun companion
>>
>>82257184
Anyone else unironically like this?
>>
>>82257370
well I mean there's probably someone else somewhere who does
but they're sure as fuck not anyone with taste
>>
>>82257370
The stream stockholm syndrome'd me into liking it

The remix is worse though, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJSd2hJLn2g
>>
>>82257187
>>82257201

seasons 5, 3 and 6 are the best. fight me if you dare
>>
>>82257370
I actually have no idea what it sounds like, I've not once clicked on it despite it being posted in pretty much every thread
>>
>>82257187
Tom Baker was the best Doctor, and the last good Doctor. Everything that came after was and is rubbish.
>>
>>82257406
I get why you'd like Season 3 but Seasons 5 and 6 are Moffat trash.
>>
>>82257408
It's just a parody of renegade master by fatboy slim.
>>
The Pilot
Overnight: 4.64m
Final: 6.68m
L+7: TBC
AI: 83

Smile
Overnight: 4.25m
Final: TBC
AI: 83

Thin Ice
Overnight: 3.76
Final: TBC
AI: 84
>>
>>82257432
I told you the RTDfags are plebs who know nothing about the Classic Series. And here we have living proof.
>>
>>82257467
One of these days he'll get an AI over 84.
>>
>>82257467
5.97m Final for Smile
>>
>>82257458
To be perfectly honest with you I've not heard that song either
>>
>>82257406
6 > 5.

Zoe is brilliant, and good at kicking people in the head when needed. What's Victoria good at? In her own words:

>VICTORIA: I like eating!

Also, Zoe is cute and sexy as hell, and only Gary Glitter can say the same thing about Victoria, because she's 14.
>>
>>82257492
What are you, 5?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJMUkLTBXEk
>>
>>82257499
>>82257406
Oh, also, what's Zoe's worst story? The Wheel in Space, the only one in S5. I rest my case.
>>
>>82257499
victoria is good at screaming, i guess. but the stories in season 5 are really strong
>>
>>82257518
I'm 20, I was 2 when this song came out
I've heard some other fatboy slim stuff, but not this. It's alright, but I have absolutely zero intention to hear what I assume is an absolutely terrible Doctor Who parody of it
>>
>>82257535
Nope. Both seasons have 3 GOAT stories and 2 crap stories, so it all comes down to whether Tomb of the Cybermen is sufficiently better than Krotons to make up for Abominable Snowmen being not as good as Seeds of Death, and clearly the difference between the latter stories is bigger than the former. So, mathematically, S6 wins.
>>
>>82257473
Wow, you're righter than I could ever have imagined.

It's one thing for anon to not understand the difference between season 6 and series 6, but to do so in response to a thread that's illustrated with pictures of Zoe and Tom Baker, how dense does he have to be?
>>
>>82257406
くそ好みだぞ
>>
I met Pearl yesterday in a pub. She was really down to earth.
>>
>>82257651
*leans into mic* WRONG
>>
>>82257743
ボールングするのが上手だった?
>>
>>82257743
Proofs, bastard.
>>
>>82257730
what are your favourites then?
>>
>>82257783
Press F for John McLaughlin.
>>
File: wew_lads.jpg (40KB, 341x512px) Image search: [Google]
wew_lads.jpg
40KB, 341x512px
>>82257743
Did she let you lick her feet?
>>
>>82257791
Im not posting a picture of myself on here, you don't have to believe me. But she was really cool. She said working with Peter was an incredible experience.
>>
>>82257877
Post a pic with yourself blurred out, or put a /who/ meme over your face
>>
>>82257877
>>82257904
if anon doesn't do this he's indisputably fake as shit
>>
File: me_on_the_left.jpg (312KB, 952x576px) Image search: [Google]
me_on_the_left.jpg
312KB, 952x576px
>>82257904
Or just stop being a raging faggot.
>>
>>82258004
Nice dalek dress, femanon
>>
>>82258036
he said "left" you dolt. The girl is on the right
>>
>>82258036
>>82258064
ok, but who's the guy on the far left?
>>
>>82258064
Oh. I thought he meant Capaldi's left
>>
>>82258088
why the fuck would he mean that
>>
>>82258075
Capaldo.
>>
>>82258088
Capaldi's left. Gareth's right.
>>
>>82258088
You're fucking stupid then
>>
>>82258110
>tfw capaldo has a receding hairline
>tfw capaldo looks underaged

Not surprised
>>
>>82258004
anon, your twelve cosplay is shit tier. plain white shirt and generic jacket? Embarrassing, especially with the man himself right next to you.
>>
>>82257939
>>82257979

This is killing me, I'm nearly certain I've read Chris talking about how Moffat brought up him taking over to him while they were in a car going somewhere, and Chris' mind flared up with ideas, and this was years ago, implying that Moff had thought of Chris as his likely successor for some time. I'm still googling trying to find the article or wherever it came from...might have been from that Chris podcast that was in casualwhostream a while back.

While I'm still looking, these links are interesting in showing Moff's thoughts on Chris taking over. But I'm trying to find Chris' thoughts on Moff suggesting he take over instead, ahg.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-04-12/heres-how-steven-moffat-will-hand-over-to-new-doctor-who-showrunner-chris-chibnall

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/moffat-hints-at-what-to-expect-from-new-doctor-who-showrunner-chris-chibnall

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-03-15/steven-moffat-reveals-the-advice-he-gave-new-doctor-who-showrunner-chris-chibnall
>>
>>82258153
>Moffat brought up him taking over to him while they were in a car going somewhere, and Chris' mind flared up with ideas, and this was years ago
That sounds really cool actually

Also, how was that podcast? I was interested in listening to it. Was it new?
>>
>>82258110
good post
>>
>>82258188
I only caught the last 10min or so of the podcast but it was good, Chibnall is a thoughtful (not in the sense of kind, though I assume he's a kind guy too, but in the sense that he really chews over what he's saying before saying it) guy.

The closest I can find on online articles to what I'm thinking of is just Moffat saying it took a lot of drinks to convince Chris to take over, implying Moff was doing the convincing instead of just the BBC, so it must have been in a video, maybe that podcast, the bit I'm thinking of. Unless I'm just misremembering :/

In any case, while Chibnall's Doctor Who work doesn't impress me hugely, his showrunning work does, and I think that's ultimately more important since he'll be running Doctor Who instead of just contributing standard hired scripts
>>
File: peter.jpg (351KB, 2504x3413px) Image search: [Google]
peter.jpg
351KB, 2504x3413px
>>82258148
>plain white shirt
His cosplay isn't perfect but what do you want from him? 12 is wearing a plain white shirt
>>
>>82258239
I've been looking forward to the Chibnall era ever since it was announced, to be honest. I'm not a fan of his episodes either but a change of Showrunner is exciting no matter what.

>Moffat saying it took a lot of drinks to convince Chris to take over, implying Moff was doing the convincing instead of just the BBC
That's interesting. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there was an JNT-esque deal going on there, with the BBC telling Moffat that the show will die with him and so Moffat having to convince a candidate they'd be happy with before leaving.

Do you have a link to the podcast?
>>
>>82258254
Capaldi's usually got very old-fashioned collars on his shirts—including in that picture you just posted. I don't even know where you find a shirt like that.
>>
>>82258254
That is a button-up shirt and red velvet jacket, while the cosplayer in the photo is clearly wearing a t-shirt and grey jacket.
>>
>>82258148
>capaldi specifically chose his outfit originally because it would be easy to cosplay without needing to buy expensive items
>implying he would fucking care that 'it's not the right type of shirt collar'
>>
>>82258315
>I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there was an JNT-esque deal going on there, with the BBC telling Moffat that the show will die with him and so Moffat having to convince a candidate they'd be happy with before leaving.

I could see that. That was a much more real thing at the end of RTD's era too - BBC were seriously considering just shutting the show down after RTD left, RTD really had to man a lot of the effort to have a Moffat-ran Doctor Who after him (Moffat was game, but the BBC were initially hesitant). A lot of that is in The Writer's Tale IIRC (the Final Chapter version specifically).

These days I believe BBC Studios and BBC Worldwide see Doctor Who as a more important brand thing so I don't think they'd be keen on shutting the show down, but I wouldn't be surprised if the BBC still left a lot of the "continuation of the show" stuff to Moff instead of doing it themselves. Moff may have even asked for it - he was the one who took the reigns on stopping the David Yates Doctor Who movie.

I don't have a link to the podcast, but someone who was on the stream at the time should, if nobody brings it up in this thread I'll ask around on the stream next time I'm on
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q0OV6z_hAI

>Oxypants
>>
>>82258344
shit meme
>>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/3a068c5d-033a-405c-a8a2-005f567e2010
Binaural Who
>>
>>82258553
Is the binaural stuff only in stereo, or is there like an extra-binaural 5.1 version?
>>
>>82258418
>These days I believe BBC Studios and BBC Worldwide see Doctor Who as a more important brand thing
Not only that, but the idea of the BBC as a brand is far more important to them than it was to anyone in 2009, and especially at this moment when the only thing going right for the fledgling BBC Studios is BBCW's overseas and online sales of their handful of major shows.

>I wouldn't be surprised if the BBC still left a lot of the "continuation of the show" stuff to Moff instead of doing it themselves.
Agreed.

The BBC has always been full of people who are loathe to make a possibly risky decision when they can get someone else to make it. And that's before a huge chunk of upper management started leaving over the last 6 weeks. (It's hard to imagine that it was the jobsworth time-wasters who left for better pastures while the ambitious go-getters stayed behind.)
>>
>>82258585
I'm pretty sure it's just stereo, intended for headphone users.
>>
>>82258585
That wouldn't be binaural, that would be sexaural, which would only be useful for listening to sexual Air Supply albums.
>>
i missed /who/ during the shitposting after thin ice, what did you think?
solid ep for me besides the cgi
>>
>>82258618
Yeah I thought so. I wonder if the 5.1 version in speakers, or the binaural version with headphones, sounds more "immersive".

>>82258632
I liked it a lot, Bill was great in it, 12 had fun, and I like lowkey episodes in the past like that.
>>
>>82258632
Really good episode. Easily better than Smile and The Pilot. I was already hoping Dollard would continue into S11, now I'll be pretty disappointed if Chibnall doesn't keep her onboard.
>>
>>82258632
Can someone tell me why people keep bringing up the CGI? Like was there a specific shot that was egregiously bad? For the most part they made the sensible decision of keeping the monster only partially visible.
>>
>>82258683
Doctor Who having bad CGI doesn't really bother me, I find it kind of endearing usually, but the shot where the bad guy had the ice break underneath him was the egregious dodgy-looking shot of the ep.
>>
>>82258647
They probably made the binaural just by playing the 5.1 back and recording the result in mannequin-ear mics, or by doing the virtual equivalent of the same thing in software.

So, if your 5.1 setup is crap, or you're not properly centered (e.g., sounds that are supposed to be behind you end up in your lap), the binaural version will be better. But otherwise, the 5.1 should be at least as good, if not better.
>>
>>82258727
I'll just stick to the regular 5.1 then. Might rewatch the ep with the binaural version afterwards.

Really glad they're doing any kind of interesting audio stuff at all really, they don't normally do this.
>>
File: 11.jpg (224KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
224KB, 1920x1080px
>>82258323
I've heard it called a long point or spearpoint collar.
Funnily enough I actually had a collar like that for an old 11 cosplay I did. I found it at a thrift shop very late notice, I wasn't exactly happy with it obviously because 11 didn't have a collar like that, but it was the only shirt that was the right colour
>>
>>82258632
Overall plot was something we'd seen a gorillion times before.
Doctor punching the racist guy was jarring and very unlike the doctor (there were bigger things to worry about than someone insulting Bill).
Doctor and Bill's interactions were good. I especially liked that Bill freaked out after having seen people die.

I liked that the setting had more of an influence on the episode than similar ones in the past. One of my main complaints about the revived series is that historical settings have been typically wasted on window dressing for the monster of the week story. This series seems to be averting that somewhat, with an actual sci-fi plot for Smile and then a historical London episode featuring street urchins and old-style food and such.

A 7/10 episode just like all the others thus far.
>>
File: 1449651409842.png (2MB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
1449651409842.png
2MB, 900x1273px
>>82258800
>Doctor punching the racist guy was jarring and very unlike the doctor
>>
>>82258678
I enjoyed The Pilot more than Thin Ice, but it's a close call which one is better. I love the way they left the "move on" thing hanging over the episode and then gave Bill the same dilemma the Doctor faces every day, instead of talking it out in a scene at the end like Tegan or Hex, and there's nothing in The Pilot that sticks with me that way, so… maybe I agree with you.

>>82258753
Yeah, I'm glad they're doing it too.

And presumably the reason they're doing it is that the spooky bits in this episode are focused around sound coming from different directions. Horror stories have tried for decades to do the same thing with visual scares from different directions in various different ways (slow or quick circle pans, pulling back to show the monster up on the ceiling where the characters can't see it, etc.), but it's hard to get anything but a jump-scare out of that. With sound you could do something that's sustained creepy. So I'm hoping they pull it off.
>>
>>82258832
He certainly wouldn't have liked the guy being racist, but to blow their entire plan that was going to save dozens/hundreds of people?
>>
>>82258872
12 is an angry Scotsman Doctor that just had a mate insulted very badly, at the tail end of a gag about him being "calm all the time", I really don't get how the punch was jarring in the context of the scene itself, Capaldi's performance, or the characterisation of 12.
>>
>>82257138
Is that cute by your standards?

Well someone's got to take one for the team.
>>
>>82258872
It was pretty clear that the guy was not going to be reasonable, so he knew the plan was already blown at that point. So why hold back?
>>
>>82258838
To me it felt like The Pilot was a pretty standard Moffat opener, sacrificing plot for lots of set pieces. It was fun enough and introduced Bill well but I find it hard to highly rate an episode that doesn't even really try to care about its own plot.

Thin Ice felt like a proper episode to me, very carefully written where everything leads into something else or is paid off later. Even the coin trick
>>
>>82258897
It also served another purpose.

The Doctor told Bill that he was able to move on because he's never had time for the luxury of outrage. We know that's not true. We then see him getting outraged, and then Bill has to learn the lesson for herself, with clearing the kids off the ice at the end. It's not about not getting outraged, it's about putting that aside and doing what needs to be done when it matters.

That's much more effective than if the Doctor had explained things to her properly.

(And if the Doctor had had that line, but then didn't punch a guy out of outrage, it would be a stupid line rather than a setup.)
>>
>>82258872
>>82258897
I feel like the punch would've worked better at a more climactic moment, like when they were on the ice before it got blown up. They had the opportunity to let Sutcliffe develop into a really shitty person without immediately pulling the race card. Of course that's why I've seen some people compare this episode to series 7: the pacing was a little all over the place.
>>
>>82258976
Damn I hadn't even thought of it like that. Face the Raven was a big and messy "important" ep that clearly had more Moff involvement than a regular non-Moff ep, but Thin Ice shows Dollard is a pretty canny writer. I love episodes that feel all tied-up like that, with the different dialogue and scenes really affecting each other, not just being in a vacuum.
>>
>>82258629
>sexaural
we just call that oral
>>
File: 8491029.png (96KB, 399x220px) Image search: [Google]
8491029.png
96KB, 399x220px
>>82257138
>Qt
>>
Are there any decent Sontaran stories apart from Time Warrior. Two Doctors and the First Sontarans?
>>
>>82258910
I think The Pilot and to some extent Smile too were very focused on the characters rather than the story. I think that's actually exactly how Moffat described Smile
While I really enjoyed those aspects of both it was very nice in Thin Ice to see Bill in an as you say, proper episode. Something where the plot didn't take a back seat
>>
File: iggypop.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
iggypop.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>>82259001
"Aural" means ear, not mouth.

But I am just a modern guy.
>>
The only time I've been a man, that last body.
>>
Speaking of wich this just got up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib6fkGkgPFo
>>
>>82259033
I thought The Sontaran Ordeal was pretty good.
>>
File: 1449408100298.png (442KB, 468x501px) Image search: [Google]
1449408100298.png
442KB, 468x501px
DEAR LORD HOW DO YOU COPE WITH ALL THAT EGO?
>>
>>82258976
Well put. Unfortunately, I don't think rationally explaining the purpose of the punch really helps people that are upset by it. They'll find any reason to explain why punching a racist is bad, even if it doesn't make sense.

>>82258994
>the opportunity to let Sutcliffe develop into a really shitty person without immediately pulling the race card
You mean like if they had already known that he had chained a creature up for personal monetary gain? A creature that eats people that he chose to chain up underneath a festival?

>Of course that's why I've seen some people compare this episode to series 7: the pacing was a little all over the place.
The pacing was fine you pompous nerd.
>>
How come some posts purely about Sontarans just got deleted?
>>
SONTAR-HA!
>>
HE WAS OUT OF CHARACTER WHY DID HE SHOOT THE NIGRESS
>>
File: 1469794389582.gif (409KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1469794389582.gif
409KB, 500x281px
>>82259138
Oh, they're back. Weird, my browser displayed like the last 20 comments deleted, then refreshed and now they're back.
>>
>>82259138
I'm not seeing any deletions.
>>
>>82259152
That was the fucking point of the entire episode. Jesus Christ I swear the people who hate Hell Bent don't have a brain.
>>
>>82259152
>waah the doctor never carries a gun
watch the show you filthy casual
>>
>>82259164
>>82259138
When the fuck will you stop inflicting us your presence? You contribute to nothing.
>>
>>82259033
>Infinity Doctors
>Lords of the Storm
>Shakedown (although that's more of a guilty pleasure, like a Target brought to life on video, and you have to be able to get past the bad-even-compared-to-80s-Who production values)
>Do You Have a License to Save This Planet?
>The Eleven Day Empire
>>
i put some coffee in it just to give it more flavourq
>>
We serve the many, for the many are One, until twilight falls and death comes to Time.
>>
>>82259252
He watches you sleep.
>>
So who do we think is inside the door?
>>
File: Nardole.png (191KB, 255x348px) Image search: [Google]
Nardole.png
191KB, 255x348px
All right. There you go. There's your tea. I put a bit of coffee in it, as well, just to give it some flavour.
>>
>>82259268
Pete
>>
File: ace_dctt.jpg (3KB, 104x118px) Image search: [Google]
ace_dctt.jpg
3KB, 104x118px
>>82259252
Spare me from cryptic old men.
>>
>>82259268
General consensus seems to be the SimmMaster. I feel like that's intuitive enough that Moff might surprise us though.

Then again, if we didn't already know Simm was coming back, it would hardly be a first guess.
>>
>>82259268
the Doctor's performance of GOATSE
>>
>>82259296
Yeah but wouldn't he knock four times?
>>
>>82259316
Then it would be too obvious that it's Wilf behind the door.
>>
>>82259316
You'd imagine so. Could still be a fake-out I guess.
>>
>>82257138
Is this sarcasm?
>>
>>82259110
>You mean like if they had already known that he had chained a creature up for personal monetary gain? A creature that eats people that he chose to chain up underneath a festival?
I mean sure, but the moment he got punched, he basically turned onto a moustache twirler. As an antagonist, he was garbo and I was really hoping for this story to be more meaty.

All of the stuff about the Doctor's morality was great, but it just felt like everything around it was much less interesting. The episode was fine. 6/10 on a bad day, 7/10 on a good one, but it just comes off as a slightly better written version of what we just got last week.
>>
>>82259316
I listened to the end again and it actually did knock four times. There's very clearly a fourth knock just as the NEXT TIME screen comes up.
>>
>>82259316
Just after the episode aired there were people shouting about how the final series of knocks was four.
Completely ignoring every other time when it was clearly three knocks.
>>
8 dots = 2 sets of 4 = 4 knocks x 2 = 2 Masters
>>
>>82259284
The best thing about that joke is that he's actually had a companion get erased from history. Poor… what was I talking about? Something to do with the wedding ring on the TARDIS console? Eh, if it was important, I would have remembered.
>>
so i havnt watched doctor who properly since tenant but with the prospect of Simms coming back, sort of want to watch it just for that

is this season any good? what makes it so good
>>
>>82259401
It was 3, then 3, then 3, then 4, right? So 4 sets of knocks, and the last one 4 knocks? I could see how that could be Simmaster (or Wilf).

But then 3+3+3+4 = 13, so it could be his next incarnation.

Also, 3334 is the year they moved the capital of the Galactic Federation to Alpha Centauri, so it could be a hermaphroditic walking penis.
>>
The thing I like about this season is that Bill is a little stupid, and it makes her more appealing, not less

notice how much nicer things are when you aren't constantly pushing an agenda

I dont like how many different species there are that can use time travel, it always felt like a godlike difference that separates time lords and daleks, but NOPE, everybody's got time travel, even robots and puddles
>>
>>82259276
I've tried to do this myself in the past because I like both tea and coffee. It doesn't work nearly as well as it does on paper - the flavours clash something awful.
>>
>>82259473
>Also, 3334 is the year they moved the capital of the Galactic Federation to Alpha Centauri, so it could be a hermaphroditic walking penis.
I think you just cracked the code
>>
>>82259483
>notice how much nicer things are when you aren't constantly pushing an agenda
That's hilarious considering so many people are bitching about Bill for pushing an agenda by being black and gay. It's almost like this form of complaint is utterly meaningless.
>>
>>82259485
>It doesn't work nearly as well as it does on paper
It doesn't work on paper, it sounds like it would be absolutely disgusting hence why they wrote in that joke. It's pretty weird that you tried it desu.
>>
>>82259485
How do you even drink tea on paper? Doesn't it soak right through?
>>
>>82259510
she's not black though, she's a quadroon

but my point is that's she's not almost as smart as a time lord, but is in fact whatever the british, racemixed word is for 'ignorant white trash,' and that makes her more functional and believable as a character
>>
>>82259436
did you see tennant's last story?
>>
>>82259576
Are you referring to The End of Time, The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith, or Day of the Doctor?
>>
File: 1492713437827.jpg (32KB, 438x438px) Image search: [Google]
1492713437827.jpg
32KB, 438x438px
>>82259652
obviously the first one
>>
File: AMERICA.png (183KB, 333x277px) Image search: [Google]
AMERICA.png
183KB, 333x277px
>>82259652
Well Wedding aired before EoT...
>>
>>82259652
>Day of the Doctor
>Last of 10nant's story.
>Seriously?
>>
>>82259652
Death and the Queen
>>
>>82257138

>Dr. WEWUZ
>>
>>82257187
12 is literally the worst hinchcliffe season breh.
Season 14 is perfect though
>>
>>82259720
It is currently the final TV story to feature Tennant as the Doctor.
>>
>>82259846
The Girl Who Died
>>
>>82259818
This? I think
>>
>>82259746
I'm still waiting for Colonel Brimmicombe-Wood to come back next time they make one of the other Unbounds into an alternate universe.
>>
>>82259818
good post
>>
>>82259818
Brilliant contribution
>>
>>82259818
Nice try Neo Cloister.
>>
>>82259818
>gato. naked the teth meme and keep calljin cetus on poeople
it's all true
>>
File: 1474765229561.jpg (498KB, 1417x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1474765229561.jpg
498KB, 1417x1417px
This any good? What if you haven't followed the spin-offs featured in it? Is it meant to be like an intro, a primer, or a gift to long-term fans?
>>
Remember me in my life without life
Come once more to be my wife
Come today before I grieve
Enter the web of let me believe
>>
>>82259929
Stop aropiating the cloistet trisp when he sucide.
>>
>>82259929
FUCK OFF.
>>
>>82259929
you and your trip friends are not welcome in here, get the fuck out
>>
WHAT I DID, I DID WITHOUT CHOICE
>>
Are we having a trip revolt?
>>
There were 4 sets of 3 knocks and then a final set of 4 knocks
>>
>>82260092
They're cancer. Especially the fake Cloister and the trans.
>>
>>82260092
Yes, just like all the other hundreds of times people see a tripfag and decide to shitpost for a bit.
>>
IN THE NAME OF PEACE AND SANITY
>>
File: savages.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
savages.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
i'm still cool right you guys? you wont kill me in the trip revolt. i'm basically an anon at heart

please
>>
File: 1489060506978.jpg (570KB, 1411x1411px) Image search: [Google]
1489060506978.jpg
570KB, 1411x1411px
I doubt anyone here is actually buying it, but is anyone gonna listen to it, if only for a laugh?

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/popout/the-ninth-doctor-chronicles-1628
>>
>>82260219
Don't you see no one fucking cares? FUCK. OFF.
>>
>>82260281
Taking off your trip to post this shit won't make anyone like you. We all see through your game.
>>
>>82260281
How the fuck did this post pass the spam filter?
>>
Zagreus sits inside your head,
Zagreus lives among the dead,
Zagreus sees you in your bed,
And eats you when you're sleeping.

Zagreus at the end of days,
Zagreus lies all other ways,
Zagreus comes when time's a maze,
And all of history is weeping.

Zagreus taking time apart,
Zagreus fears the hero heart,
Zagreus seeks the final part,
The reward that he is reaping.

Zagreus sings when all is lost,
Zagreus takes all those he's crossed,
Zagreus wins and all it cost,
The hero's hearts he's keeping.

Zagreus seeks the hero's ship,
Zagreus needs the web to rip,
Zagreus sups time at a drip,
And life aside, he's sweeping.

Zagreus waits at the end of the world,
For Zagreus is the end of the world.

His time is the end of time,
And his moment time's undoing.
>>
AHAHAHA he deleted it because we called him out on his samefagging
>>
>>82260312
It's because he's got the mods' clearance. They let him use his VPN and post shit that would get filtered.
>>
File: 1492833371903.jpg (679KB, 1760x1760px) Image search: [Google]
1492833371903.jpg
679KB, 1760x1760px
Anyone have a strong opinion on The Lives of Captain Jack being a separate range from Torchwood?

https://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/coming_soon_reverse/the-lives-of-captain-jack

https://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/v/torchwood

I feel like it's vaguely annoying, I suppose, but if seriously has 0 Torchwood elements I guess I could see the sense of it. Maybe Barrowman wants to work more frequently than the Torchwood schedule allows...but then, loads of the Torchwood audios don't even feature him, I'm sure they could add more Jack-centric ones.

In any case, I'm excited for a post-The Parting of the Ways story from Jack's perspective, and I've been very happy with the general quality of the Torchwood range (which shares Guy Adams and James Goss as frequent writers, like the new Captain Jack range), so I hope it turns out well. Jackie Tyler is in it too. And Alonso, following up from The End of Time from Jack's perspective.
>>
>>82260342
Fuck off Mongo. I hate you as much as I hate trips. You're all obsessed with stirring up shitty identity drama.
>>
File: DIE.png (729KB, 1368x768px) Image search: [Google]
DIE.png
729KB, 1368x768px
>>82260199
DIE
>>
>>82260347
We have a strong opinion on you. You need to fuck right off. You don't get to decide who likes you. You're ever worse than the Danny anon, just fuck off already.
>>
>>82260347
No, of course nobody has a strong opinion on such a self-evidently sensible decision. This is an empty topic of discussion.
>>
File: DIE.png (729KB, 1368x768px) Image search: [Google]
DIE.png
729KB, 1368x768px
>>82260347
DIE SLOWLY
>>
Redpill me on Neo and Danny
>>
>>82260347
I don't see why it should be part of the Torchwood range. Even if Torchwood didn't exist, this range still could since it seems to be just based on things established in series 1.
>>
>>82260347
I thought it's the separate from Torchwood. There's some Time Agency plots and stuff.

Jack did a lot outside Torchwood. Did they actually bring him back from being an old man or something? I'm a bit lost in the Committee arc.
>>
>>82260396
He's just pretending to have discussion. He's capaldo, the simmposter, the guy who calls everyone Takhbir/Mahmood and also the Nilsoposter. Ever wondered who's shitting up /who/ the most? It's him.
>>
File: Servo Robot001.jpg (274KB, 800x1196px) Image search: [Google]
Servo Robot001.jpg
274KB, 800x1196px
>>82260370
so thats how it is then??? fine. i dont need you guys anyway. ill just go to the secret trip pictochat
>>
someone give me a quick rundown on capaldo
>>
>>82260423
>>82260439
>>82260347
Nice use of your VPN, Neo.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (97KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
97KB, 1920x1080px
/who/ must be left to it's on devices
>>
>>82260396
>>82260423
>>82260439
I'd just be surprised if they can truly keep Torchwood completely out of it, but it's certainly possible. Come to think of it, the River range doesn't reference her adventures in Doom Coalition at all, but Big Finish used to "cross-pollinate" stories a lot more so I'm a bit wary because I don't like ranges relying on each other or anything.

Reckon they'll follow up the "missing 2 years" Jack thing that I'm pretty sure they never revisited on TV?

>Did they actually bring him back from being an old man or something? I'm a bit lost in the Committee arc.

I haven't listened to the new Rhys audio or the Dollhouse audio yet, I thought they were putting the Comittee stuff on a bit of a hold after The Torchwood Archive. I might be wrong though, any anons that have listened to those new anons that can fill us in?
>>
>>82260471
He's the guy who posts John Simm gifs, calls lefties Takhbir or Mahmood and calls everyone else Nilso.
>>
>>82260515
They'll find a way to get Torchwood in there, somehow.
>>
>>82260515
You can't ignore /who/'s voice forever. We want you gone or without your trip, you attention whore.
>>
File: 1403929241909.jpg (44KB, 628x651px) Image search: [Google]
1403929241909.jpg
44KB, 628x651px
>>82260515
>I might be wrong though, any anons that have listened to those new anons that can fill us in?
>>
>>82260538
Seriously someone redpill me on Neo. Is it just that he's a trip? Or is there something else?
>>
>>82259929
>a gift to long-term fans
This
>>
>>82260565
It's just some crazy anon going after trips. He got Danny Pink and wanderer already. RIP in pieces.
>>
>>82260565
He made the autistic move of adopting Cloister's old trip identity, then became one of those trips who ostentatiously tries to "contribute" with "valuable Doctor Who discussion", there is nothing notable about him really but he's the current target of these spastics so just ignore it
>>
>>82260565
neo!! aropiating the cloistet trisp when he sucide. no!! no?
>>
>>82260533
You reckon like just a wink, or an actual plot point? :/ I love Torchwood, don't get me wrong, I just feel blehhh on ranges connecting heaps, it feels like a money move.

>>82260563
? Was my phrasing confusing? I'm asking

*have any anons here listened to the two latest Torchwood audio releases (a Rhys story, then an LA story called "The Dollhouse)?
*if so, could you reveal whether the Committee is present in these two stories?

>>82260591
Ah, gotcha. Might give it a miss then.
>>
>>82260612
Somewhere inbetween. Bigger than a wink, not really a plot point.

Also The Dollhouse was pretty mediocre.
>>
>>82260565
He's the fucking simmposter and the nilsoposter. He's pretending to be a valuable member of the community with his trip but then he takes it off to shitpost. The topics he talks about are also vacuous. He's empty.
>>
I've just opened a window in my room. It feels really nice. I feel less depressed, feels good sensing a gentle wind blowing on my shoulders.

Overall I give this action 7/10, pretty good
>>
>>82260608
New pasta? I like how it can be cut up into sections for different trip
>>
>>82260612
Why aren't you gone already?
>>
File: simm.gif (1MB, 382x215px) Image search: [Google]
simm.gif
1MB, 382x215px
>>82260636
>>
File: 1487654870087.jpg (660KB, 1411x1411px) Image search: [Google]
1487654870087.jpg
660KB, 1411x1411px
>>82260635
Sweet. I don't really mind what they do with the Committee. The Torchwood Archive gave it a good focus for future stories, but it was so heavy on Committee continuity that I'm happy for it to be put on ice for a while.

IIRC Norton was in Outbreak but he's great so I don't mind how he's used.

What was mediocre about The Dollhouse? The new characters, the story, both? I heard it had a dark ending, but I haven't listened yet.
>>
>>82260668
Forced attempt to be the new 'fuck offerino' and people will join in and help force it in this exact way because /who/ is so starved of content
>>
Take of your tripcodes.
You will become like us.
>>
>>82260695
You guys pushed Mr. Meme Machine out of /who/.
>>
>>82260687
Are we actually going to have a follow up on Committee? I sort of assumed with done with them.
>>
>>82260725
fuck no. put your trips ON. if we're all trips, nobody is
>>
Where's Edge? It's her turn to get spanked now.
>>
>>82260687
The whole Torchwood LA thing felt a bit off from the start. It's not a bad story. The characters are a bit annoying as well.
>>
Best 3rd ep of a series?
desu mine is Planet of the Ood or Gridlock
>>
File: 1493551019939.jpg (189KB, 494x494px) Image search: [Google]
1493551019939.jpg
189KB, 494x494px
>this is mongo redux
>only this time cats is safe but all the other trips are targets
>mfw
>>
>>82260744
actually if we're all trips then everybody is, and we'd be like fucking gallifreybase with established identities and even more drama than we already have thanks to you
>>
>>82260748
>her
Edge is male
>>
>>82260774
Put your trip back on fake cloister
And then take it off again
>>
>>82260762
Gridlock, no real contest since the 3rd ep is traditionally shitty.
>>
File: 1492588500753.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492588500753.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>82260780
>Edge is male
>>
File: 1493607394196.png (336KB, 494x494px) Image search: [Google]
1493607394196.png
336KB, 494x494px
>>82260774
>yfw it's cats going after all the other trips so he can be the last of the triplords
>>
>>82260779
we could become like reddit. wouldn't that be epic?

>>82260774
i'd prefer if mongo stuck to harassing me to be honest. i deserve it more than the trips who try to start discussions
>>
File: whoknows.jpg (18KB, 570x321px) Image search: [Google]
whoknows.jpg
18KB, 570x321px
WHAT I DID... I DID WITHOUT CHOICE
>>
>>82260813
>i'd prefer if mongo stuck to harassing me to be honest
you say that now but we all know you'd start whining like a baby if it actually happened
>>
>>82260732
Before hearing Archive, I assumed it would end that story, but the ending of it with Queen Victoria kind of set it up for future stuff, so I assume we'll be coming back to it.

It's interesting - originally I got the feeling the Committee was just a low-key arc they just cooked up while finding their feet with the range. Originally they were going to repurpose RTD's ideas for a Torchwood Series 5 into the audios (this was said in Vortex, the one that came with The Conspiracy IIRC), but they seem to have abandoned that as they gained confidence in their own ideas and expanded the Committee stuff and all that. The first Gwen audio set up post-Miracle Day Torchwood in Cardiff well enough but yeah, doesn't seem to be the real focus anymore.

>>82260756
Ah, fair enough.

>>82260762
I like The Unquiet Dead a lot, maybe because RTD wrote most of it regardless of the Gatiss credit. Other than that, yeah Planet of the Ood and Gridlock I suppose are the strongest, though I'm not a big fan of either (they're good, just not a favourite or anything of mine).
>>
>>82260798
What's wrong?

Edge IS male.
>>
>>82260843
??? he hasn't stopped harassing me at any point
>>
>>82260861
You're not harassed right now are you?
>>
>>82260861
mongo's not in this thread
he HAS stopped
>>
File: 1489604391837.jpg (47KB, 770x770px) Image search: [Google]
1489604391837.jpg
47KB, 770x770px
>>82260860
>Edge IS male.
>>
File: How_to_deal_with_tripfags.png (368KB, 1008x955px) Image search: [Google]
How_to_deal_with_tripfags.png
368KB, 1008x955px
Reminder
>>
>>82260870
i guess??? technically it's directed towards other people but he legitimately seems to think they're me. have a look through the archives for "cats" or "cloister"
>>
File: 1488330546407.png (126KB, 246x310px) Image search: [Google]
1488330546407.png
126KB, 246x310px
>>82260860
>Edge IS male
>>
File: bully2.png (418KB, 2742x2742px) Image search: [Google]
bully2.png
418KB, 2742x2742px
don't bully
>>
look i've had enough of this mongo talk. you fuckers are stirring up enough identity drama without it. cats out!
>>
>>82260907
Ironically Neo Cloister is doing the 'correct' version to all the anons wailing at him.
>>
>>82260960
lol he's reeeing now
ptsd getting triggered?
>>
anons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tripfags >>>>>>>>>> secure tripfags >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> namefags
>>
>>82260960
>using a trip
>WE'RE the ones stirring up identity drama
>>
>>82260990
>secure tripfags
What's that?
>>
>>82260998
>being this new
>>
>>82260998
Trips with two exclamation marks instead of one. Unlike regular trips they're impossible to crack
>>
>>82260860
Put the trip back on, Edge.
>>
>>82261020
Wait you can crack trips???

Shit shit shit
>>
>>82261020
Oh, thanks. Why would anyone go to this length though? And what good cracking a trip could do anyway?
>>
>>82261049
>what good cracking a trip could do anyway?
impersonation, clearly
>>
I just can't stand black people.
>>
I just can't stand gay people.
>>
>>82261064
What's the point impersonating trips like Neo or Edge? They're boring.
>>
>FIRST FINALE INFO
FIRST FINALE INFO
>FIRST FINALE INFO
FIRST FINALE INFO
>FIRST FINALE INFO
FIRST FINALE INFO

Peter Capaldi at the March for Science London on April 22:

>"I've just been doing a story that involves a black hole (World Enough and Time) and all of the weird things that that does to time...which I know has come about because of the writer's (Steven Moffat) interest in science...and he has researched it quite thoroughly."
>>
File: 1476645960884.jpg (119KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476645960884.jpg
119KB, 600x600px
Just checking out the upcoming Torchwood releases reminded me, isn't it kind of weird they got Burn Gorman on for an upcoming one, but he wasn't in Archive? Could they really just not work out the scheduling (I feel like this is doubtful because they got pretty much everyone in one way or another) or was he just not willing until now? Maybe he was overseas or something and they just legit couldn't get him to come over or record in a studio near wherever he was.

I liked Owen in S2 a lot. S1 he was pretty muddled...then again, most everyone was in S1.

>>82261106
I'm skeptical that Moff has written a super-accurate-science episode (not that I care), but I'm keen for cool black hole visuals and time-bending and whatnot.
>>
I just can't stand women.
>>
>>82261106
oh fuck we interstellar now?
>>
>>82261106
Technically we already knew there was a black hole
>>
>>82261133
I'd be down for Marigold doing some neat organ stuff like Interstellar tb h
>>
I am having a relaxing day in the sun.
>>
>>82261106
>>82261125
>>82261133
Maybe it explains The First Doctor and all the different Cybermen showing up?
>>
>>82261131
that's okay I doubt you'll ever have to worry about that
>>
>>82261154
Ooooh good thought anon. I thought that was just going to be a thematic with the Doctor's "time happening all at once" GOAT speech from The Pilot, but some actual plot reasons for stuff from earlier in his timeline showing up would be really neat.

Could this be relevant to Simm as well?
>>
I have proof Edge and Neo are the same person and it's a woman with personality disorders. She has 3 personalities at least.
>>
When was the last time we had a black hole? Impossible planet/satan pit?
those episodes were atmospherekino as fuck
>>
>>82261178
Yeah possibly Simm too. Remember this episode he supposedly 'loses someone he's pledged to protect' as well...
>>
>>82261187
put up or shut up tbqh desu
>>
>>82261178
>bringing everything back to Simm again

Thanks for confirming your identity, Simmposter/Nilsoposter.
>>
>>82261190
The Satan CGI is dated but I don't care, those episodes are asbolutely fantastic. Those and Fireplace are the only stuff I really loved in S2.

>>82261207
Love it! I'm wondering if what happens to Simm will be connected to Missy's line in Dark Water about the Doctor being the one to "leave her for dead".
>>
>>82261149
Mmm post a picture of your hot tanned body. Im not gay though I hate gay people
>>
>>82261240
Im gay though so please continue posting it
>>
6.5 INCHES DICK PIC WHEN
>>
>>82261237
I don't think he loses Simm because Simm is in the finale (Episode 12, I think, whereas World Enough is Ep 11) in the trailer. You can kind of see that it's the same exterior location as where the Cybermen are.
>>
>>82261187
Newfag. The janitors only let you have one trip at a time.

And that's pretty based of them I think, I can't imagine a world with sametripping
>>
>>82261266
Haven't heard from him since pre-smile, I think he got shy after he realized he'd have to show after all
http://www.strawpoll.me/12862342/
>>
>>82261280
You obviously don't know how this works.
>>
>>82257138
Time /Who/ moved to /b/
>>
>>82261269
Ah, good point.

Some anon theorised a while ago that the different types of Cybermen are connected to the different Masters (Simm for Cybus, Missy for the new/current ones) which kind of plays into the Series 8 finale Cybermen stuff with Missy. No idea what's the deal with the OG Cybermen in that scenario though. Unless Gatiss follows through on his "bring Beevers" back joke for real.
>>
>>82261326
Didn't someone claim there was a Delgado stand-in/lookalike on set?
>>
>>82261352
Yeah, I tried not to get too hype without proof though.
>>
>>82261297
I'll get banned if I post it m80.
>>
File: missy.png (815KB, 688x820px) Image search: [Google]
missy.png
815KB, 688x820px
MISSYCHADS UNITE
>>
>>82261430
UNITE UP
>>
>>82261403
either
>reset your router like a normal person
>wait the 3 days as if it matters at all
>use your phone or an equivalent IP that you don't use often and doesn't matter if it gets banned

shit tier excuse, you act like getting banned is actually a big deal in any capacity
>>
>>82261403
Put it on /hm/ and link it here. I'm pretty sure that's fine
>>
>>82261403
either >>82261469 or imgur or something similar
>>
I had a VERY weird dream about Extremis today.

In my dream Doctor and I (literally it was me) were in some eastern europe city without TARDIS, and we came closer to some random shop, and there were three versions of Simm master (end of time with dyed hair, same version in some kind of white clothes and last of time lords simm)
We freaked out and dashed into the shop but there were a lot of zombies with books in their hands with unreadable title
We were running around from them, but more people came in, and when just regular customers tried to read the title they were converted into the same people with a copy of book growing out of them like gas mask in empty child
We realised its impossible to leave because suddenly there were like 100-150 of them
But we managed to fight a moment and we escaped through window
And I lost my shoes

extremis everyone
>>
File: Domme.jpg (190KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Domme.jpg
190KB, 1920x1080px
>>82261430
>>
>>82261498
going to be kino

made me think, why haven't they ever done a multi-same-doctor episode? handy doesn't count
>>
>>82260155
Hey leave Edge alone
>>
>>82261546
Rebel Flesh / Almost people kindaa does it

Why doesn't Handy count? Because he's not literally the same regen? At least the two of them had a few interactions.

Father's Day had two Ecclestons but they didn't interact.

There's probably a list somewhere but I can't find any on TARDIS core (of same-doctor-interactions, not just plain multi doc eps)
>>
>>82261609
>Why doesn't Handy count?
I want time travel shenanigans, not clone shenanigans
>>
So I'm a little confused, are we not allowed trips anymore? If Neo has pissed people off he should just fuck off but there's some okay trips in here, do we really destabilize /who/ that much?
>>
File: Nardoled.png (36KB, 147x144px) Image search: [Google]
Nardoled.png
36KB, 147x144px
Threadly reminder that Nardole took a big smelly shit in the Tardis toilet.
>>
>>82261691
Don't go blaming neo as if he's the sole let alone main problem trip
>do we really destabilize /who/ that much?
yes. Who the fuck are you and why do you need a name?
>>
>>82261691
I don't really think so. It's just one or two anon who don't know how to filter trips.
>>
>>82261726
>Who the fuck are you and why do you need a name?

I don't NEED a name, I have one, it's not important but I fail to see how it's existence derails any discussion, in fact its anons like yourself who derail the thread by complaining about names triggering your autism.
>>
Trips, please tell me why you need trips. Is it like some identity crisis or something? Just be comfortable being anonymous
>>
The brontosaurus is large and placid
>>
Trifags no more
>>
>>82261752
Thanks Anon, if it's that important I'll get rid of it but I only come here to talk about Who

>>82261784
see >>82261782
>>
>>82261836
get the fuck rid of it
>>
Now go away or I'll set Matt Whelan on you.
>>
File: CuteHeather.png (140KB, 398x496px) Image search: [Google]
CuteHeather.png
140KB, 398x496px
When will she return /who/?
>>
>>82261862
Since you asked so nicely, no.
>>
File: cross stitch tennant.png (521KB, 677x687px) Image search: [Google]
cross stitch tennant.png
521KB, 677x687px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3JOUHloqag
cute
>>
>>82261836
literaly all of neos posts in this thread are "about Who", yours are about trip drama, why the fuck do you think you're better than him and that he should "fuck off". All trips should take them off but obviously some are fucking worse than others and you ain't one of the decent ones
>>
>>82261782
You didn't answer the question
>>
>>82261902
Who are /who/'s """decent""" tripfags?
>>
>>82261895
just get rid of it
>>
>>82261902
Point out where I told Neo to fuck off, go on!
>>
>>82261915
Schlemihl for uploading DWM, immigrant and neo for actually talking about doctor who. Sylvester for uploading dvds.
>>
>>82261934
>>82261691
>>
>>82261902
Put the trip back on Neo.
>>
>>82261488
>>82261469
>>82261465
>craving for dick that much
Why?
>>
GET IN HERE ANONS
>>82262003
>>82262003
>>82262003
>>
>>82261546
There's that brief bit in The Big Bang where 11 grabs himself.
>>
>>82262013
it's fun
you should try it anon
>>
>>82261977
Damn.

I really liked this trip. I'm going to have to ditch it now.

But times change, and so must I.
>>
>>82261891
Not soon enough ;-;
>>
File: golly.png (961KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
golly.png
961KB, 960x960px
>>82257138
Why are they shoehorning these fuzzy haired gollywogs into nearly every tv program
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.