[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guardians of the galaxy 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 284
Thread images: 39

File: iu-14.jpg (33KB, 620x361px) Image search: [Google]
iu-14.jpg
33KB, 620x361px
What does /tv/ think of this?
>>
>>82255237
Thread approved, posting enabled.
>>
Shill threads
>>
>>82255237
I just got back from it.

Better than the first, I can see why some people didn't like it but I had a good time with it.

A lot darker than the first, especially in the third act. It balances it out with humor and does so pretty well, but I couldn't help but notice how much they made death mean something (aside from scenes with the blob of course)

It's much more of a character piece, by which I mean they seperate the ensemble to focus on building them up so they work better as a whole. It's unconventional, and lord knows the MCU needs a shot of that about now.

They finally solved their problem with color, and boy do they fucking know it. Everything in this movie is drenched in an electric rainbow color scheme, which I personally really enjoyed.

Humor doesn't land 100% of the time, the opening Mr. Blue Sky sequence and Mantis/Drax dragged on a little while.

Of the 5 end credit sequences about two or three are worth watching. Last one is just an extension of Stan Lee's cameo in this.
>>
>>82255510
so a 7/10?
that's good enough.
>>
Mantis > Hela
>>
File: IMG_7523.jpg (115KB, 570x664px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7523.jpg
115KB, 570x664px
>>82255559
That's about right. I sincerely enjoyed it but since it strays from formula critics are gonna give it a ravaging (pardon the pun)

Also the Sovereign (led by Elizabeth "I wanna licki then sticki my dicki in" Debicki) were kinda shit villains. Don't really know anything about this character they're bringing into the MCU (it's in one of the end cred scenes worth watching) but from what I've read he sounds cool.
>>
File: IMG_7184.jpg (126KB, 984x438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7184.jpg
126KB, 984x438px
>>82255628
Hela is gonna be deathwaifu and you fucking know it.
>>
>>82255636
if you are talking about Adam Warlock, he is the main antagonist to thanos in the infinity war, and i am happy as fuck that they decided to bring him into the MCU.
>>
>>82255237
I liked it, not as good as the first imo.

A lot of similar thoughts to >>82255510

Except I didn't really like the 3rd act.

Thought the Groot/Rocket/Yondu stuff and dynamic were the best parts of the movie.
>>
>watching a disney movie

bak2red
>>
I liked the first one better. For some reason in this one, every character had the strange compulsion to make a sad monologue about their shitty past. I get that the director wanted to make enphasis on the character development, but it would have been better to show theese developments with actions than to interupt the movie because every character has to monologue. The first one handeled characte development waaaay better in my opinion.

The movie is not shitty, but it was brought down a lot by thi. A 6.5/10
The first one was like a 9/10
>>
>>82255670
Yeeeep.

Heard he was pretty damn powerful, and seeing as Marvel has been dipping their toes into less and less physically possible stuff and more into the cosmic realm I'm confident in saying that it'll be pretty accurate to comics.
>>
Some of the jokes were cringe and I felt some actors, mainly Starlord, were phoning it in sometimes. Not bad but I think this franchise is a one trick pony.

Let's go with 6/10, fun but forgettable
>>
>>82255237
I was meh about the first, enjoyed it but thought it was cheesy and forced at times. I loved this movie, there were still a number of cheesy jokes but it was balanced with some genuinely good ones. It's also really visually nice, and paves it's own way rather than relying solely on a formula. Even just the intro with the fight in the background while groot dances was creative and exciting to watch. And it's so dark comparative to what we're used to from the MCU. Honestly after finishing it I was surprised to see that it was getting a bit of flack.

I did feel like there was some problem with how the seperate plot lines kind of dissolve into each other, I think this was because it was a much smaller scale movie than I was expecting. Overall really great though, I believe James Gunn now when he said Disney gave him basically all the creative freedom he wanted.
>>
>>82255237
Pasting from another thread:

Wasn't impressed. Jokes about vomit (and seeing characters vomit while other characters literally point and laugh), shit, burps, etc. Some real bottom-of-the-barrel low-brow humour in there. Plot is lazy and predictable, the "twist" doesn't make any sense, and there's a whole bunch of attempted sentimentality forced into the last ten minutes for characters we don't even care about just so their death can have an impact - and even then it still does not.

Soundtrack was obviously decent, performances were fine. Effects were decent, and the opening titles were actually really fun. Also the dynamic between Drax and Mantis (the new chick with antennae) was enjoyable. Easily the best part of the film.

Would probably go a 5/10. Pretty average. For reference's sake, I gave the first one a 7/10.
>>
Not great. The move was similar to Kong in a way that it tried to be both funny and serious, and the balance was bad. The film focused on drama between the group rather than the overarching plot which turned out to be very week. Pacing was weird due to the split up group, and celestials didn't feel important. It seemed like they tried to be more funny in this film and a lot of the jokes just weren't, such as Groot and Pac-man. Overall they added too much development in one film. And I think singling out one arc to develop would have been way better.
>>
>>82255852
>I believe James Gunn now when he said Disney gave him basically all the creative freedom he wanted

That really showed in some parts. The "500 Jumps" face-warping, the crash zooms, Mantis getting hit in the head during that crazy hero shot (incredible joke btw), it really felt like what it was: a director with low-budget background and vision being given an unholy budget and told to go fucking nuts.
>>
Does anyone knows the song name that is played during the first Yondu appearance?
>>
>>82255926
I agree with literally everything you said except comparing it to Kong.
I actually thought Kong was solid 7/10 movie. Guardians 2 was maybe 5/10.

It's possible that I was more okay with Kong because it wasn't a sequel, so it could sort of play with itself a bit more without owing anything to a first instalment.
>>
>an entire subplot decidated to where Peter got the batteries for his walkman from
>>
>>82255926
Kong was pretty original for a blockbuster, it had some cheeky visuals tricks and they knew to keep it simple and fun. GotG2 feels more forced and it's way more derivative
>>
>>82255928
I get the feeling that the part of Groot being turned into the Ravagers mascot was Gunn shitting on Disney
>>
>>82255510
Drax/Mantis was kino
>>
>>82256072
Wait... Is THAT why the batteries were so important apart from the mission?

Fuck, I feel like a retard
>>
>>82255714
That is what annoyed me too, they didn't need to give all the main characters a half assed emotional arc
>>
It was decent enough but the level of quips was frustrating
>>
>>82255237
Good things: it didn't feel like a MCU movie, good visuals, about half of the humor is fine I guess

Bad things: shit plot, shit other half of the humor, shit third act, absolute shit climax

As some other anon said, not impressed
>>
>>82256133
>being outsmarted by disney

how's it feel son
>>
>>82255510
>better than the first

what the fuck

first:
>a troubled boy runs out of the hospital and aliens abuct him, he grows up and becomes a thief who goes on a journey in a universe

this
>rocket steals some kind of battery which is never explained what it is, 90% of the time they are on one planet with 0 people on it fighting against god dad who wants to creat a blue mass on planets to control them. Also because of the batteries (which we still don't know what are they for) the gold people made an enemy to the guardians for the third part
>>
File: 1422051675499.jpg (39KB, 250x346px) Image search: [Google]
1422051675499.jpg
39KB, 250x346px
>An entire planet he can fully control at his will
>Can't just crush some people fighting inside him or get a bomb off his brain
>>
>>82256142
Exactly, focus on a couple of main characters and fully develop them, showing it with actions rather than a shit ton of dialog.
>>
It was fun
>>
>millennials whining about MCU

holy shit you dudes have no idea how good we have it right now. we're getting deep interconnected lore marvel shit, this year ragnarok and later thanos...yet growing up in the 90s and 00s when you get a Hollywood handing you standalone garbage where they ruin all your favorite characters.
>>
For a movie sold as fun(tm) it was actually really dull tbqh
>>
>>82256161

>which is never explained what it is

that's the joke dude. are you autism?
>>
>>82255237
Better than the first. Lots of colour and much funnier. Too much forced emotion with blue girl ,Yondu monologued too much and the music wasn't as good. alot of needless filler as some parts went on far too long just to reach the same conclusion as if it had been shorter. The played the main theme too much instead of choosing to play something from the mix tape. The character interactions were the highlight of the film. And unlike nearly every other capeshit film, the characters are actually interesting. Given the low profile of the comic. It can even pass for a normal film, as hardly anyone has ever read the comic to sorry out about it.
>>
>>82256272
>the plot to the third movie to kill the guardians is the directors joke

BRAVO MARVEL
R
A
V
O
>>
>>82256161
Batteries are storage devices for energy. These were extremely valuable, so it can be assumed that they are rare, difficult to produce, store a huge amount of energy, or store a type of energy that is difficult to store otherwise, or all of the above.

Context is a marvelous thing when you have a brain that can work these things out.
>>
>>82255237
I think I'm done with marvel after this, this movie was all over the place, a quip overkill and there wasn't any weight to any of the things that happened. They needed comedic relief and forced "cutesy" to cover up for everything in the flick that simply doesn't work, which was a lot. It felt like they were trying to literally trick the audience

If you think this was a good movie, you really need to watch more movies
>>
>>82256351
>head cannon
Case in point >>82256376
>>
>>82256389
It's hardly head canon, it's just an obvious logical assumption that can be made about a macguffin. Or do you need to be spoon fed irrelevant details about everything that's referenced in the movie? It's a very valuable artifact, what else do you need to know? And why?
>>
They can't even make Ego a proper prick. They had a chance to make it clear that gestating his children is fatal to their mothers, but he just doesn't give a shit. Instead, they make him kill the one woman he "loves" in a slow horrible way.

He should have "loved" them all.
>>
>>82256629
>And why?
Because without a good explanation the entire thing is pointless and shit.
>>
>>82255237
Was alright, but not as good as the first.

I thought GotG 1 was a funny action/adventure movie, but GotG 2 had weak action and atmosphere and relied upon the tone of a full comedy, whilst the jokes were actually weaker than the first.

So inferior to the first one in almost every way except for special effects. Classic fucking sequel shit.
>>
>>82255237
As the manifestation of /tv/'s general consensus I give it a 7.5/10
>>
>>82256338
BRAVO
RRAVO
AAAVO
VVVVO
OOOOO
>>
File: 1340344408929.jpg (489KB, 1270x965px) Image search: [Google]
1340344408929.jpg
489KB, 1270x965px
>>82256629
This has triggered me

>>82256674
Fucking ay

The entire point of movies is they have stories, characters, premises, settings etc in order to draw the viewer in to the spectacle and make them care for something they know isn't real.

Saying "oh it's just some mcguffin thing, what does it matter????" is basically admitting you're a lazy film maker who wants to treat the audience like a drooling lobotomised battery hen.

>>82256683
What about 1?
>>
I un-ironically loved Groot in this.

How much of a shill does that make me?
>>
>>82256674
I gave you several. There are many plausible explanations on offer and nothing hinges on which one it actually is. It's valuable, it's a macguffin. Do you need to know what's in the briefcase in Pulp Fiction, for example? No, the value of it is the only relevant fact about it. If there were no reasonable explanation for its value, then that would require an explanation, but that's not the case.
>>
Pros:
>Bright colors everywhere. Fixed the usual complain to MCU films
>Better selection of songs in awesome mix volume 2
>Kind of grimdark compared to other MCU films
Cons:
>Quips on dramatic moment. Same thing with dr stange.
>More quips
>Only drax didn't have a fight aside from the 1st battle
>>
>>82256774
>Better selection of songs in awesome mix volume 2

Really? It's still good, but I thought Vol. 2 was no way near as good as Vol. 1, and it definitely wasn't used as good as it was in the first
>>
>>82256737

This,
>>82256764
>>
> Yondu is in infinity war

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
>>
File: gaurdians of the waifus.jpg (974KB, 1199x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gaurdians of the waifus.jpg
974KB, 1199x1080px
who's your ayylmaofu?
>>
>>82256764
>>82256804
True, they said they were valuable but I'm still fucking triggered so I will continue to argue.

Pulp Fiction was inherently a de- and reconstruction of various film and tv patterns into a new thing.
It was heavily, heavily referential to film in a way that GotG2 wasn't. It was an actual feature of the film that the briefcase contents were unknown, intended to provoke the audience into thinking about the implausibility of mcguffins in previous movies they've seen. It was appropriate for the context of the movie and it was done with earnest purpose.

For movies to keep copying that is either missing the point or dishonestly lazy.
>>
>>82256764
You gave head cannon and made cringe while doing it. I said "good explanations"
>>
Reddit the movie
>>
>>82256161

you don't know what a battery does?
>>
>>82256850
Thanos fucking up starlord with infinity stone. >>82256863
Mantis i
>>
>>82255893
Yes to all of this.
>>
Tazor face XD
>>
>>82255237
I didn't buy the "gotg vol.1 is great xD" meme to begin with but even then I was let down by this.
>>
>>82256251
Fucking christ you'd buy anything with marvel in the title huh sheep?
>>
>>82255714
>first one was 9/10

Come on
>>
>>82257016

t. DCuck who wishes so bad his movies were half as good
>>
>>82256874
I still think you're ascribing to much significance to the batteries' function. The motivation of the Sovereign is only the batteries to begin with, even then, only partially. The batteries and Rocket's insult are only the motivation to chase them when they leave the planet. After that, destroying their ships, and being criminals in their eyes is the motivation. The batteries are really a minor thing, never mind their function.

And this isn't even getting into the irreverent tone of the film. You mention not knowing the contents of the Pulp Fiction briefcase is fine because it's appropriate for the context of the movie and yet demand an explanation from a movie that deliberately focuses on a dancing tree baby rather than intergalactic monster battle going on in the background. You don't think that being flippant about very significant an consequential things is an inherent part of the tone and humour of the film? And I don't put the batteries in that category, it's not even significant enough to derive humour from being dismissive of.
>>
>>82255636
The Soverign were pretty much comedy jobbers throughout, especially considering the only threat they pose is played off as a joke (their army is just a bunch of people playing video games)
>>
>>82257029
I understand why some people may mot like it. But I love a well writing script with good character arcs, and the first one did this perfectly. Like at least Gamorra and Star-lord had perfect arcs shown with actions. In Quill's case with taking Gamorra's hand and, more importantly, opening his mother's present. For Gamorra, just her slight dance movement at the end.
I love a well executed script, and the first one had it. The bad villain and some forced jokes and interactions brought it down to a 9 for me
>>
you guys weren't kidding, the opening scene is baby groot is dancing for 10 minutes.
>>
>>82257253
> it's a 2 - 3 minute gag that feels like it lasts for 10 minutes

Why spend the money on the CGI? With all the people working on it did no one think

> Wow, this gag goes on for way too long! Let's edit it down like a normal film!
>>
>>82255510
>It balances it out with humor and does so pretty well

that is what people always say yet it never does, it actually destroys any tension a scene could have and reduces all characters to caricatures of themselfs.

>"dormammu I've come to bargain"
>"dance off bro"
>the whole airport fight in civil war
>>
>>82257796
Bargaining with Dormammu was the best scene in any capeshit of 2016.
>>
>>82257796
I think the dance of was well executed. It was a release from previous tension, and right after that there was the big climax of the movie. It didn't break the tension, it worked with it.
>>
Favourite soundtrack song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuWkVqum6a8
>>
>>82257919

I thought the soundtrack was pretty shit, I only really liked "Daddy's all right" but even then it just made me think of Scrubs.
>>
Yondu ;_;
>>
>>82256161
This. Who gives a shit about a battery? That's the instigating event for Adam warlock being born and the central conflict of the third movie? Some batteries that rocket stole as what appeared to be a throwaway joke? Like, there's no ideological differences at play, the gold lady is just mad about batteries.

Also the first films opening scene set up Quills character and grounded the tone, the opening scene here sets up nothing. We knew peters mom fucked a spaceman, there's no tension or intruige.

Also, how come nobody on any of these planets noticed a fucky-looking blue plant and dug it up?
>>
>>82255237
Good film, not great

Not as good as the first

Disappointing by doing literally nothing for the greater MCU, unlike the first
>>
>>82258480
Actually the fact it wasn't tied to the "greater MCU" was refreshing
>>
>>82256643
That is a good idea. It's so weird that he killed peters mom, and even weirder that he chose that particular moment to admit it. Why tell Peter about it at all? Like, ever? Why squish his Walkman and start acting like a wanker? What's the point
>>
>>82258480
Yea, they couldn't even set up 100 films at once this time.
>>
I enjoyed the shit out of it, although I definitely understand the argument that it felt a little directionless. That said, I knew autists would try and meme it into being a 1/10 but the faggot in this thread arguing that we should have had a good chunk of the movie to explain in-depth the lore and technical specs of the Sovereign's batteries is a level above what I expected.
>>
I realized instantly that they were going for a "Heroes arrive at a seemingly perfect place only for some/one of them to find out that something is not what it seems, and so the group is split, before everyone gets back together in the end."

It's the worst kind of story there is. It forces you to sit through an hour of predictable dialogue and boring scenes with people arguing.

Could never give this movie more than a 4/10
>>
>>82258503
>>82258517
Just one scene with an avenger, even in the post-credits would have been cool though. I guess they don't want to take away from the big meeting coming in A3 (presumably) but still.

Also Yondu is a great character, but people were not given enough time to appreciate him and get to know the character, so his death and funeral did not have as much emotional impact as they were going for
>>
>>82258480
>>82258503
>>82258517
>>82258670
different anon but I'm assuming this particular film was never in the initial plan for P3, they just got Gunn to slap it together after the success of the first.
They didn't reference the greater MCU because it was never in their Phase 3 Outline.
>>
>>82256942
it's METAPHORICAL!!!!

I wonder how Drax would react to his name.
>>
the only thing i liked was the aliens design
>>
By far the best scene was Yondu's escape.
>>
>>82258626
Nobody gives a shit about batteries. That's the point. There's no clash of ideology between the guardians and the gold pricks,
>>
It was great, most jokes hit, some where neither funny or terrible. The only obviously terrible one was the Tape gag that went on way too long, but even the Scotch Tape part of it made me chuckle.
>>
It's hard to discuss a movie like this when it was so character driven as opposed to plot focused. Like what's there to talk about... The action? Jokes? There's nothing there to actually pick apart and analyse. Only memes and shitposting.

ARRGGHHHH MY NIPPLES
>>
Pointless, hit or miss jokes (more miss than hits for me), bad resolution. 2 hours of bad entertainment and nothing more

5/10
>>
>>82255237
There was far too much humour. I know its a Marvel and all but holy fuck it was like every other line was a joke. One of the worse Marvel films.
>>
Deus Ex Machina the movie...
>>
File: Pretty Village Pretty Flame_5.jpg (34KB, 640x344px) Image search: [Google]
Pretty Village Pretty Flame_5.jpg
34KB, 640x344px
>>82255237
>all the redditors ITT thinking MCU-trash is "dark"

I wonder what would happen if reddit watched come and see, pretty village pretty flame or city of life and death
>>
File: KP.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
KP.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>Batista hits 10+ trees at G-Force speeds & lives
>>
>>82255707
thanks for the opinion faggot
>>
>>82258788
>Completely dark corridor with only the arrow's light iluminating the scene while it dances around
Wish there were more scenes like this, it had a pretty boring composition most of the time.
>>
Groot needs to die.
The jokes were more hit than miss, and definitely too frequent either way.
It doesn't really feel like much of it amounted to anything.
I wish I had a bunch of Groot Funko Pops just to drive over them with a car.
The "apparently perfect place has a dark side" scenario is so tired.
Music choice wasn't especially inspired.
It looked ok and had some really nice designs, but for the most part the cinematography left much to be desired.
Groot goes in the organic waste container.

I'd give it a 5/10.
>>
>>82259768
I am groot
>>
ayesha in the post credit scene looked hot as fuck
>>
>>82255237
Fun to see Gunn referencing 'Man of Steel'.
>>
>>82260803
which scene was that

>>82259318
he even survived a yaka arrow
>>
>>82261015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5bB96Mwidc
>>
>>82257937
its weird cause i thought the soundtrack wasnt as well used as the first film's, but listening to the soundtrack on its own theres some really good songs on there
>>
Is she the physical representation of autism ?
>>
"You're the sea, Peter!"

I honestly liked it a lot more than the 1st one but that's maybe because I grew up without a dad and have just became one last year.
>>
A lot of the jokes dragged on waay too long.

Like the part when Nebula is captured and she wants to eat the root and everyone says its not ripe and different characters keep repeating it and then she finally gets one and takes a bite and HAHA IT'S NO RIPE!!

Same thing with stuff like everyone guessing what animal Rocket is, Baby Groot having like a 5 minute scene getting different items, Taserface being ridiculed by everyone because of his name or the whole tape thing in the middle of the final battle.

Meanwhile there was some good humour there too, like Drax mentioning at the beginning that the rocketpack hurts his nipples and then in the finale 1,5 hour later he puts one on and he goes OW MY NIPPLES
>>
>>82261999
Well she is literally Her (adam warlock female) so yes, she is autist.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ayesha_(Earth-616)
>>
>>82261999
No, drax is
>>
Why did they just make all of Drax's lines into jokes? In the first he was fairly serious and made unintentional jokes.
>>
File: MoS v GotG.jpg (1MB, 1920x1600px) Image search: [Google]
MoS v GotG.jpg
1MB, 1920x1600px
>>82260803
>>
Ok so, why did he give her the tumor ?!
>>
Better storyline shittier dialogue?
>>
>>82256863
Mantis is CUTE !
CUTE !!
>>
>>82262234
for the keks
>>
>>82256863
The gold chick when he hair are loose.
>>
>>82262291
Is Ego /ourguy/ ?
>>
Groot was fucking awful in this film. He was far better in the last one.
>>
>>82262234
Because else there wouldn't be a story
Or because he thought that she would prevent him from becoming the entire universe

Ego is the true alpha male
>>
>>82262297

This. Reminds me of my gold-bodypaint JAVs
>>
>>82262234
because if ego returned to earth for the 4th time. he might settle with mama quill and cancel the planet expansion plan.
>>
Rocket stole the batteries to re-sell them on the black market. He even has a line describing how valuable they are. Did everyone conveniently forget this?
>>
What's the pacman shit everyone keep saying. Is it clear reference for humor or just something that looks like pacman?
>>
>>82262338

Nah, he's an intergalactic Chad. A cosmic stud, if you will.
>>
>>82262427
>What's the pacman shit everyone keep saying. Is it clear reference for humor or just something that looks like pacman?
The main character turns into Pac-Man in the final fight against the baddie.
>>
>>82262427

When Star Lord is talking to Ego about harnessing his newfound power, he mentions wanting to build a Pac Man statue. Instead, he makes a Pac Man shield out of debris during his fight with Ego at the end, complete with WAKA WAKA sound effects.
>>
>>82256376
Oh, now you're done? 15 movies and 9 years later you're all finished up now? You sure? Positivem
>>
>>82262506
I thought that was hilarious
>>
>>82262559
Same.
But no fun allowed here.
>>
>>82257583
GG artist don't make dicisions, they do what their effects director tells them
>>
File: 9gTyp0CimeI.jpg (129KB, 682x1023px) Image search: [Google]
9gTyp0CimeI.jpg
129KB, 682x1023px
>>
>>82262397
Oh, okay. But why a fucking tumor though ?!
He couldn't just kill her right away or idk, make her and his family not suffer ?
Ego is an asshole holy shit
>>
>>82262696

>Ego is an asshole holy shit

I mean, yeah. That's basically the whole point.
>>
>>82262692

Is it weird I find her more attractive when she's bald?
>>
File: UPKzKTJJ4Q8.jpg (142KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
UPKzKTJJ4Q8.jpg
142KB, 1080x1080px
>>
File: 51.jpg (50KB, 960x730px) Image search: [Google]
51.jpg
50KB, 960x730px
Is he cool? ;-;
>>
>>82256863
Zoe saldana
>>
>>82262802

>I'M MARY POPPINS Y'ALL!

Also, anyone else lose it when Yondu says "He's your father, but he ain't your daddy."?
>>
>>82262844
>tfw no Rooker daddy
>>
>>82257796
>"dormammu I've come to bargain"

Please be joking. That wasn't meant to be funny. And it was a clever way to have a final battle in a Marvel movie, plus it made perfect sense plot and character wise for Strange to pull some shit like that. It's alluded to pretty hard.
>>
File: 1.jpg (114KB, 734x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
114KB, 734x1024px
>>82262792
okay who is more attractive for you on this pic?
>>
>>82255928
>The "500 Jumps" face-warping
waiting for those reaction images desu
>>
So there's no real villain in this, stuff just sorta happens?

I want more details on why people think it was aimless and felt like it had no real direction, because that seems to be an across the board opinion even for people who liked it
>>
File: 3gzgn5dF_400x400.jpg (22KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
3gzgn5dF_400x400.jpg
22KB, 380x380px
>>82257796
Anon I`ve come to bargain
>>
>>82262196
its Snyder with an interesting color palette
>>
>>82261291
Did they give him fake frontal hair for this? He looks pretty sexy
>>
Just checked out some nude scenes from the cute actress who plays Mantis - holy shit she has a great rack
>>
>>82256863
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1493650414019.webm
>>
File: guardians-of-the-galaxy-comic.jpg (294KB, 885x1191px) Image search: [Google]
guardians-of-the-galaxy-comic.jpg
294KB, 885x1191px
>>82255636
The inclusion of Adam Warlock means a lot of big things for GotG3.

First, the movie starts off with the team being hired to kick out a dimensional tentacle anomaly (Cancerverse) and the introduction of The Sovereign may means they are the Church of Universal Truth replacement.

Adam Warlock means an interesting character not only important to the MCU with a lot of depth but also another potentially great villain (Magus).

Cosmo keeps getting teased in these end credits so I'm assuming he's going to be included at some point.

OG GotG 3000 members are teaming up again. God knows what they do though.

There's also a 4 year time skip between GotG2 and Infinity War so by GotG3, the whole thing is going to look DnA as fuck.
>>
>>82255237

I'd give it a solid 9/10
>>
>>82263102

post them
>>
>>82263134
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1493650542467.webm
>>
>>82263030
ego is the real villain. people say it's aimless since it doesn't connect to infinity war storyline unlike GOTG1
>>
>>82263144
This.

Warlock was the definite standout, and totally unexpected. I didn't know that Rob Schnider could pull of a performance with such emotional gravity, yet retained his token sharp-wit without conflicting with the tone of the piece.
>>
>>82263030

Ego is the true villain of the movie, although they try to throw you off by constantly bringing back the gold niggers. What I like about Vol. 2 is that the main conflict with Ego is so much more personal to the core group than Space Hitler Ronan ever was.
>>
>5 credit scenes

What in the fuck? What are they?
>>
>>82262196
sure he meant when starlord and pops are beating the shit out of eachother while flying around
>>
>>82263282
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5katau
missing 1 i think
>>
File: 76766.png (737KB, 855x344px) Image search: [Google]
76766.png
737KB, 855x344px
>>82263349
Dayum
>>
>>82263349

the one where kraglin tries to control yondu's arrow and the one where you see the old GotG team with Staker beign reunited is missing
>>
>>82263282

I'm forgetting one, but:
Stallone gets his old team of thieves together, Adam Warlock's cocoon is shown, teenage Groot argues with Star Lord whild playing a video game, and astronaut Stan Lee talks about his various MCU appearances with Watchers.
>>
>>82263282
Only 2 of them really matter.
Warlock
OG Guardians
>>
>>82255237
Hey
>>
>>82256863

That scene with Taserface cemented the Sovereign for me.

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1493651316327.webm
>>
File: gotg 19 005.jpg (78KB, 653x250px) Image search: [Google]
gotg 19 005.jpg
78KB, 653x250px
>>82263144
Magus killing dykes when!?
>>
>>82263465
Yes my ban has been lifted.
feelsgoodman.gif
>>
>>82262762
>>82262696

Why not just make gestating one of his children fatal to begin with? That's way more a dick thing to do - know that and just keep right on doing it.
>>
>>82263415
>literally the reason a movie like this is even decent
>they get paid like shit

Lel
>>
>>82263519

Because from a script standpoint, having Peter actually watch his mom die snapped him out of the cosmic trance that Ego put him in.
>>
a better star wars than rogue one imho pham
>>
>>82263599
It's not that hard. Just make the pregnancy so debilitating that they never recover and just slowly die over the course of years. Same effect, far greater assholery.
>>
>>82263645

That's what happens when you write actual characters and not archetypes.
>>
File: 1.jpg (19KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
19KB, 852x480px
>>82263813

What have you got against archetypes, you cunt?
>>
>>82263328
There's more than one reference to 'Man of Steel' in the movie.
>>
File: IMG_2945.jpg (36KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2945.jpg
36KB, 400x300px
>>82263896
>>
>>82263645
Well you're obviously an idiot so you would think that. You are however categorically incorrect. Now shut the fuck up.
>>
File: Commander Shran.jpg (20KB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
Commander Shran.jpg
20KB, 640x361px
>>82262234
Because he needed Quill to actually want to be there on the planet and want to learn all that cool creation shit so that his plan would work.

If his mum is still alive and some blue prick with a mohawk abducts him and takes him to another planet, he's just going to want to go back home, if his mother is dead, he's more likely to fuck off Earth to bond with Planetdad and learn how to be a God.
>>
>>82255237
There is some embarrassingly shit cinematography at points (there is a scene where Russell wanders off and the camera clumsily adjusts to keep both Russell and Pratt in frame), and quite a few jokes fail to land, but overall it was pretty good. It gets a lot better after the first 40-odd minutes and they stop trying to make every single dialogue exchange into a punchline.

I'd give it a solid 7/10. It's enjoyable filler.
>>
>>82257796
I generally agree, although the climactic battle in GOTG2 ending with pac-man was way less invasive and tension-wrecking than "dance off bro"
>>
It's a fairly enjoyable film. The plot isn't amazing, but then the first films appeal was more the characters than the plot and on the most part they're just as entertaining to watch as before.

A few jokes don't quite land though.

Baby Groot isn't as annoying as I thought he would be. I'm still not a huge fan, but I thought his presence would be really pushed in the film to the point where he's essentially Poochie, but thankfully he isn't.

Some legitimate feels where Yondu is concerned

It's not as good as the first one, but then the first one was something new from the MCU. It was trying to scratch a 70's/80's Star Wars esque sci-fi itch and for the most part, it succeeded so the sequel suffers in comparison by being more of something we already had.

I don't get why people are sperging out over the batteries though. Rocket says they're expensive, and Gamora warns them that the Sovereign have a stick lodged firmly up their asses and take slights against them very seriously. The film literally explains this.
>>
File: CREST.jpg (41KB, 477x358px) Image search: [Google]
CREST.jpg
41KB, 477x358px
>>82264612
It was supposed to be tension wrecking though. That's the point.

Ronan could have just quietly landed in a small ship and plonked the stone down and killed everyone, but he's a diva. He wanted people at his knees cowering in fear while he gave an epic speech he probably practiced in the mirror 100 times on the way there about how mighty he is and how terrified they should be, and then some ginger prick starts dancing deflating any and all of the tension.

His super sweet 16 was ruined

And he doesn't get why. They should be scared. Why aren't they scared? What the fuck is going on?

I'm not saying its a great scene, or that it's KINO or whatever, but it made far more sense in that film than Pac-Man did in this one, because it actually had a purpose beyond just being a joke.

I'm genuinely astounded that people don't understand the "dance off bro!" scene.
>>
>>82263102
where
>>
>>82264818
It's not that people didn't understand it, it's that it was not appropriate given the stakes that the film had been trying to establish (not to mention the preceding emotional death scenes).

Wrecking the tone of the climax of your movie on purpose doesn't make it any less wrecked.

If Return of the King had ended with Aragorn distracting Sauron by doing a hobbit jig and shitting at the gates of Mordor it would have been a scene of a bad guy's thunder being stolen by a mischievous asshole, but it would have turned the whole thing into a throwaway punchline.

Marvel's terror at committing to any kind of sincerity completely lets the air out of a lot of their biggest movies.
>>
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I do have a quite a few problems with it though. I know a lot of people have said this already, but some scenes/jokes drag on for too long (opening, Peter's feelings, tape), which began to irritate me. Some of the jokes just flopped, as they were kind of forced. The post-credit scene with Stan Lee was just unfunny, not one person in the cinema laughed. I really disliked Baby Groot, I hate the idea of small things/big eyes being cute and then using it to shill the movie (e.g. Finding Dory). However, they used colour really well, and a lot of the scenes actually looked surprisingly great.

I still don't know how to feel about Peter killing a god with Pac Man
>>
>>82265105
Return of the King wasn't deliberately trying to be tongue in cheek or amusing the entire damn film though.

Like I said, I don't think it was a good scene, but it makes sense and is tonally consistent with everything the Guardians had done preceding it.

Everything we had seen Ronan do had been edgy, childish and petulant. Everything the Guardians had done had been tongue in cheek.

Pac-Man on the other hand made no sense because it was supposed to be an emotionally charged scene for Quill, so why would he do a callback to a previous joke when he's fighting against his dad who had killed his mother?
>>
>>82255237
Shitty movie.

Doesn't tie up to anything.

Jokes were too forced.
I cringed at some jokes.
I mean I like fun just like every other person but this was too much.

Groot was fucking shoved everytime. They're really pushing for the merchandise.

Some characters were underused.

It didn't live up to the first movie.

I guess that's a given on all Marvel films (cept WS)

But then again that's not saying much.

1 thing I loved was that the colors are starting to pop now.

Overall a 5.7/10 for me.
>>
>>82264818
I was to annoyed with the fact that a known terrorist was able to not only approach but also penetrate the defences in the capital of a nation presented as pretty powerful with what looked like a carrier or the space equivalent of a amphibious assault ship.
Also why was their force entirely defensive? Why didn't they engage it in space? Why didn't they seem to have even rudimentary AA or bomb shelters?
The dance off scene is fucking nothing compared to this, it can even be explained
>>
>>82264818
And he could have annihilated Quill in that instant, made an example of him like any villain worth a shit would do, and cemented how serious he was and why people *should* be terrified. Instead, no, they take him completely out of character and make out like he has a vested interest in this one nobody, some insignificant nothing to him, should respect him.

It's lazy, bullshit characterization and it takes anyone with more than two IQ points to rub together completely out of the film. It's the worst kind of plot-induced-stupidity and they do literally nothing to set it up. All it would have taken was Quill mocking him in some earlier scene before Ronan possessed the Power Stone and have Ronan mouthing back about there coming a day when Quill will grovel for his life at his feet or something similarly villainous, but no, that's way too much fucking effort for a Disney script.
>>
>>82264818

The Pacman bit made sense to me in the same vein of how Green Lantern could only make super obvious constructs with his ring at first. Ego was building all sorts of crazy shit, and at the spur of the moment all Peter could come up with was Pacman since it was simple and something he knew.
>>
File: 1490619447616.png (232KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1490619447616.png
232KB, 500x456px
>Getting this upset over kids movies
>>
File: 1458741585383.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1458741585383.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>82255237
incredibly bad movie, constant exposition, seriously like 10 different cases of characters telling us their backstory or somebody else's.

Forced attempts at emotion and incredibly pointless actions scenes.

It's a sub par movie like 3-4/10 trying to cheat it's way to being liked by quirky zingers every now and then. Which seems to be working considering it's ratings.
>>
>>82256272
>>82256351
>>82256887
>>82258441

> DUDE they didn't need to explain anything LMAO

Marvel shills out in full force
>>
Gamora and Peter really don't go well together. Awful, awful pairing.
>>
>The de-aged Kurt Russell from the start of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 only used CGI sparingly and was mostly practical.

WEW
>>
>>82266541
His face looked weird and rubbery. It's also the third time Marvel have done the same "DUDE WE DE-AGED AN OLD CELEBRITY" trick.
>>
>>82266541
really shitty, just use a similar guy with the same he was wearing (long hair, big ass shades)
>>
>People complaining about excess of explanation dialogue
>Other people complaining about lack of explanation about things that were literally explained to their faces
>>
>>82255759
This
the movie achieves absolutely NOTHING, skippable as fuck
>>
File: Wrong.jpg (122KB, 1018x895px) Image search: [Google]
Wrong.jpg
122KB, 1018x895px
>>82266609
>It's also the third time Marvel have done the same "DUDE WE DE-AGED AN OLD CELEBRITY" trick

Probably because we're at a point now where instead of just hiring someone new, you can just use CGI to de-age someone and have it look passable. Films have had scenes in which there are younger versions of the characters in them for ages, it's hardly a gimmick if you do that, but with technology now.

This is just like complaining about a standard editing technique employed by blockbuster films at this point
>>
>>82267053
>skippable as fuck
hah

so this is the power of the Marvel "Cinematic Universe"
>>
>>82263182
>>82263134

my god karen gillan is so :3 it's painfull
>>
File: looker-1981-movie-stillb.jpg (102KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
looker-1981-movie-stillb.jpg
102KB, 660x330px
>>82267077
We're almost to a point technologically that we've caught up to a story Michael Crichton wrote about 40 years ago.
>>
>>82262844
Yeah, I did chuckle.
I was among a French audience though so not a lot a people reacted to it.
>>
>>82267077
The point is that it's a tech gimmick that Marvel have contrived into at least three different movies now, so it shouldn't still be generating press in-and-of-itself.

Don't pretend the flashback scenes in Ant-Man, Civil War and GOTG 2 were there for any other reason than to showcase the special effect.
>>
>>82262844
It sounded like it was intended to be a reference to how Yondu used to fuck Star Lord's ass as a child
>>
"Turns out, friendship is the real hero after all"
>>
>>82255237
I don't pay for Marvel Shit. Good rip when?
>>
>>82264818
It was literally to be funny and meant to make you laugh, middle of a scene where he is about to genocide a ton of people and destroy a planet.

There is nothing to 'get'. They wanted to make you laugh, in the middle of a tense, serious moment.
It was dumb, fuck off.
>>
>>82265105
>Marvel's terror at committing to any kind of sincerity completely lets the air out of a lot of their biggest movies.

They did it in Civil War, but then you guys complain it was a poor fight
>>
>>82267883
GOTG 2 is all about Starlord finding his dad. They set that up right at the end of the first one.

It makes perfect sense for it to be in this film.

In Ant-Man, they were trying to fill in the 60 odd year gap in Superheroes between Cap going on Ice and Stark building the Iron Man suit.

Civil War it was showcasing Stark's unprocessed trauma surrounding his parents death and plays a part in fleshing out the Bucky killing them reveal to him at the end and the final fight.

Of all of those, only Ant-Man is really contrived.
>>
>>82268434
>Film that is dumb and goofy throughout is dumb and goofy at the end
>REEEEE DANCE OFF BRO REEEEE
>>
>>82268556
>since its dumb and goofy that means humor is okay at any given point in the film, especially pivitol moments where there is gravity in a scene!

Humor in a humorous movie can be misplaced. This can happen in comedies too, for example.
>>
>>82256190
Can control his entire body. Can't kill the cancer cells in his shitposting brain
>>
>The brain is the only place in your body where you can't feel pain

Really fires up my neurons
>>
>>82255237
>Taserface
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAH AH AH A HA HA HA HA HA HAS HAHAAHAH
>>
>>82268940
*Cuts your hair*
>>
File: dsads.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dsads.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>I know I just arrived at this planet and what is going on but if we put a bomb on that whatever it is it will start a CHAIN REACTION which will detonate the entire planet
>>
>>82269037
There was absolutely no reason for this level of certainty, they should much rather have hoped or guessed that it would work
>>
>>82268942
that was such a weak joke
>>
>>82269102
I mean they could have had mantis say it or something
>>
6/10
there's 0 action and is pretty boring
nothing special happens
>Groot is Jar Jar Binks
>>
>>82255237
I dunno it's not out in America
>>
>>82269146
Watching this made me ashamed. I was clearly watching a movie meant for an audience of children
>>
>>82269335
lol what a shitty 3rd world nation
>>
>>82269543
American cinemas are implementing new security measures in case of a shooting and they can't show any movies in the meantime
>>
>>82269613
>'land of the free'
>movies are banned

EL
OH
EL

next you'll be telling me kinder eggs and foreskins are banned too lolololol
>>
Who here was totally surprised that his father was going to turn out to be the evil guy? Oh man what a twist, right guys?
>>
>>82269681
They literally told you that he was an asshole at the end of the first film.
>>
>>82269664
Kinder eggs were once banned, not anymore
>>
>>82255237
OP, watched cam version of this yesterday as I wasn't a fan of the first because it tries too hard and didn't hit that Fifth Element/Buckaroo Banzai sweet spot of Sci-fi Fantasy weirdness but HOLY SHIT I FUCKING LOVED Vol. 2. Delivered everything I wanted and I'm going to see it again on the big screen this Friday and will definitely get the Bluray. Missed opportunity by not using Cat's Cradle at the end though!!!FACT!!! https://youtu.be/7OqwKfgLaeA
>>
>>82269932
Cats in the cradle wouldn't have made sense though.

Ego didn't overlook spending time with Quill in favour of work and actively wanted his son to become like him.
>>
>>82268487
>Civil War
>This it it boys
>These ultra powerful superheroes are going to fight it out to the bitter end
>One guy gets partially paralysed from the waist down
>His superpower is being in an exoskeleton anyway
>Other people have their feelings hurt and their friendships strained

The fucking consequences man, I couldn't believe it.
>>
Does anyone remember any jokes that were actually funny?
>>
>>82270231
MARY
POPPINS
YA'LL
>>
>>82270271
That was alright because it wasn't followed by 5 minutes of laughter
>>
It was alright. Did a much better job of balancing the tone than the first one.
>>82270231
Eh, maybe "You ARE beautiful. On the inside."
>>
>>82270231
Drax's moments were generally amusing, as were Mantis's
David Hasselhoff
Mary Poppins
It wasn't much of a joke, but I quite liked the way Gamora yelled "I DON'T KNOW WHAT CHEERS IS"
"I'm gonna build a lot of really weird shit"
Stan Lee with The Watchers the first time
"It's called a Zune, its what everyone on earth listens to nowadays. It can hold 300 songs"
>>
File: 1491324478878.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491324478878.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>82255237
>TAZER FACE xDDD
>TURD PILLOW xDDD
>NOT RIPE xDDD
>TOO ADORABLE TO KILL xDDD

Absolute garbage, you should all kys yourselves if you enjoyed it.
>>
>>82270487
Oh I almost forgot the worst culprit

>LE QUIRKY RETRO MUSIC IN EVERY SCENE xDDD
>>
>>82270487
>>82270547
Imagine being this triggered by things
>>
>>82270547
this is a thread about GOTG2.

why are you talking about suicide squad
>>
File: 1490924632814.png (33KB, 320x263px) Image search: [Google]
1490924632814.png
33KB, 320x263px
>>82270678
Like you're getting triggered by me talking shit about your favourite reddít flick heh
>>
>>82270487
you forgot
>GIANT PAC-MAN XDD
>>
Mantis and Drax made the movie worth watching IMO, Drax especially just has the best jokes in the movie by far
>>
>>82270992
Pixels?
>>
>>82270231
Drax was the best, got a good laugh out of me when Mantis gets obliterated by a flying piece of debris and 2 seconds later he says "Mantis watch out!"

Also Mary Poppins. But apart from these, it was just a steady flow of mediocre jokes intead of fewer, genuinely good ones.
>>
>>82271167
>Mantis gets obliterated
>obliterated

I don't think you understand what that word means.
>>
File: 1493488372505.png (76KB, 806x595px) Image search: [Google]
1493488372505.png
76KB, 806x595px
>>82267077
So... Donald Glove
>>
I absolutely loved this movie and this isn't shilling.
I loved the first movie and I was worried for this one after some of the complaints and I honestly don't understand it.
The movie wasn't made to set up the who!e MCU and that's not a bad thing. I want to watch a movie, not an advertisement for the future movies.
>>
File: yandu.png (625KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
yandu.png
625KB, 1366x768px
rip yandoo
>>
>>82255237
Mike and Jay haven't told me yet is it good or not
>>
Why didn't the god dad planet delete protagonist's memories and insert new ones before showing off the evil mastermind plan
>tfw the only likeable character died while saving protag
>>
>>82256161
>the mcguffin is never explained!
You're the kind of retard who wanted to know what was in the suitcase in Ronin, right?
>>
>>82256874
>I'm being really deep and thoughtfyul
Ronin. Suitcase. Everyone chases after it. What was in it? Nobody fucking knows. Nobody cares. It was there to move the plot forward.
>>
File: Scrubs-Guitar.gif (2MB, 368x208px) Image search: [Google]
Scrubs-Guitar.gif
2MB, 368x208px
>>82258816
YES THERE IS YOU GODDAMN SPERG
They disrespected the golden pricks, it doesn't fucking matter what they stole, those guys have a giant fucking broomstick shoved up their golden ass and they cannot bear any kind of action that they deem insulting to their race
They say it like 50 times in the movie, how can you guys be so retarded?
>>
>>82256161
I agree with you. People respond to this being mad about batteries, it does not change the fact that this one was way more boring and nowhere near as fresh as the first
>>
>>82270547
I'm okay with it but only when it's used correctly.

Guardians 1 and 2 did it right. Suicide Squad did not. Baby Driver (hopefully) is going to blow both of them out of the fucking water.
>>
>>82269037
I assumed this was just to set up The Chain playing for no in universe reason despite there being an in universe reason for every other song in the franchise (he was using his powers I guess?)
>>
>>82256863
I find Karen Gillan incredibly attractive with blue skin and a bald head
>>
Rocket continues to be the only character worth a shit, and they continue to ruin him by giving him less and less actual badass time and more and more "jerk with a heart of gold" and "quips in the face of death" time.

I want to see him fucking kill people. You know, like when he was shooting down the Sovereign craft in the beginning. His reaction and interaction in that scene was fucking great.

The Yondu escape was good, but he clearly wasn't the focus of it.
>>
>>82276276
Good, because you're probably the only one. Karen Gillan is a beautiful woman and you're squandering a very beautiful actress to use her in a role like that. I think she should have been Gamora instead....
>>
>>82276276
The fact that she's almost six feet tall and made out of legs certainly helps.
>>
>>82272633
What is happening here
>>
>>82276549
quick travel by jumping through 700 planets and a colotful scene
>>
File: 120[1].jpg (13KB, 400x376px) Image search: [Google]
120[1].jpg
13KB, 400x376px
>>82255759
I thought this as well. But once you understand this is a big budget disney flick you realise they were never going to have anything groundbreaking.

They say "turning off your mind and having fun" is what retards say to justify their films but I'm too tired to properly critique anymore.
>>
>>82256133
>>82256072

>Is THAT why the batteries were so important

If you want to take it at face value sure.

But if you want to go a bit more in your plot analysis it's rocket took the batteries because he's trying to get a rise and piss off as many people as possible because it's the only thing that makes him feel important. Peter at no point says he needed or wanted batteries. Rocket used that as an excuse and knew people would be pissed.
>>
>>82276855
>piss off as many people as possible because it's the only thing that makes him feel important.
I didn't get that at all.

Rocket pisses off people to prove to himself that he's better than they are.

Rather, pissing people off is a side effect of his constant need to beat them in a game only he is playing.

He also communicates in pure shitpostian banter, so that's the other source of pissing people off.

Unfortunately he's written by idiots so his banter falls flat.
>>
>>82268487
>They did it in Civil War
No they didn't, Civil War didn't work precisely because the headline event turned into a silly quipfest with no stakes, where even though it's meant to represent the collapse of the Avengers they're having loads of fun and a good number of the participants are total strangers with no investment in what happens to the Avengers.
>>
I didn't like it much.

I was getting severe Man of Steel vibes throughout, from the cheezy montage of THE TRUTH BEHIND YOU SON that Ego shows Quill in those little pods to the big dumb finale in which they fly at each other and endlessly smash each other in the head.
>>
File: North-by-Northwest.jpg (95KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
North-by-Northwest.jpg
95KB, 1200x675px
Did anyone else notice it?

It's was pretty obvious.
>>
I legitimately cringed when Gamorah tells Starlord that she thinks his dad is up to something and he goes

YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS

It was some film student tier writing.
>>
>>82277136
Yep, I immediately knew what is was referencing and I haven't even seen that movie. Just other movies also referencing it.
>>
>>82272633
Is there a fucking rip out already?
>>
>>82277400
Looks like a cam to me.
>>
>>82277144

I thought that was to show that Peter had regressed to an almost childlike state of mind, playing catch with his long-lost dad and everything.
>>
>>82255237
>work at movie theatre on opening day
Kill nerds
>>
>>82277473
You are giving them wayyy to much credit.
>>
File: 1484243980714.jpg (28KB, 263x243px) Image search: [Google]
1484243980714.jpg
28KB, 263x243px
>Friend got mad because I don't want to go to the premier in my country with him
I just don't want to spend more money on shitty marvel flicks
>>
>>82277733
>going to a premier when it's packed to the brim with fucking nerds
The digit Ouija is saying not to go
>>
>>82262800
dont post my waifu
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (38KB, 997x896px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
38KB, 997x896px
thoughts?
>>
File: IMG_2831.jpg (128KB, 792x1048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2831.jpg
128KB, 792x1048px
>>82278424

>mfw nobody under 20 got that joke
Thread posts: 284
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.