[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Critics take a children's anime movie this seriously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

>Critics take a children's anime movie this seriously
>>
>>82253768
up f
>>
File: Cynthia.jpg (136KB, 1024x802px) Image search: [Google]
Cynthia.jpg
136KB, 1024x802px
wtf i hate pokemon now
>>
>>82253768
>>82253857
>>82253928

Cease & Desist,unapproved
>>
>>82253768
>if you're over 10, see Princess Mononoke
Wtf I didn't know I could only see 1 anime in my lifetime. I will choose wisely now
>>
>>82253768
>heart is lacking
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE FUCKING MOVIE YOU FUCKING NORMIE CUNT
>>
>>82253768
A Pokemon movie should be reviewed by an autistic 12 year old hopped up on sugar who is ready to nitpick about what levels the Pokemons were and what attacks they used on his Youtube channel with 25 subscribers.
When a professional critic does it, it's just embarrassing.
>>
>>82254034
>>82254085
>>82254162
Wah people who disagree with me suck
>>
Of course they do. That's what they're paid to do. They are paid to take the Pokemon movie seriously, which is probably less sad than you taking why they take it seriously so seriously.
>>
Remember when kids movies were actually judged as movies?

These days, they all get over 90%, what the fuck happened?
>>
How is it lacking heart
>>
>>82254210
>I'm paying you to review this children's movie aimed at children for children
>>
>>82254241
Non-Disney kids' movies rarely get over 75%.
>>
>>82254207
How much do you get paid to shill for critics?
>>
>>82254259
if you're a competent storyteller you aim your story at a general audience; i.e what disney, pixar, et al do
>>
>>82254259
I don't know what you're implying but who takes children to the movies? Parents read reviews for children's films to see if it's appropriate or what to expect etc.
>>
>>82254327
Do parents really do this? If my brother and I wanted to watch a movie as kids we just asked and my parents didn't care what it was as long as it was PG
>>
>>82254378
Some do. Especially the parents who are already going to read the film / entertainment section.
>>
>>82253768
I didn't see the Pokemon movie as a kid, and I don't have any sentimentality about Pokemon in general. When I finally saw the First Movie on cartoon network several years later, I thought the bit where Pokemon tears bring Ash back to life was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>82254210
But who's the target audience for these reviews?
Do you seriously think a kid will read Wally Hammond's review and go
>Oh, it's just a humorless retread of a Bond-style world domination yarn with a Frankenstein theme, fuck this movie, I'm not seeing it
Then is it parents who are supposed to read that and decide it's better to ignore their kids begging them to take them to see it because everyone else at school will go see it rather than subject them to a potentially unoriginal plot?
They might be getting paid, but what use is their job if the review is of no value to anyone?
>>
>>82254428
>>82254378

And especially if they want to know how shit boring its going to be for them as parents compared to something else.

Would you rather take your kids to see a decent Miyazaki or Disney flick, or some pos Peppa-Pig tier shit?
>>
Pokemon 2000 was better
>>
>>82254468
So what? Do you think critics shouldn't review children's films?
>>
>>82253768
why shouldn't they take it seriously?
>>
Yeah children should stop taking shit so FUCKING seriously
>>
>>82254558
Anyone of a sensible age grew out of Pokemon before 2000 hit.

The fad came and went, just like every other fad. I think my school shifted to Yu-gi-oh.
>>
>>82254562
I think they should review them with the target audience and the potential readers in mind, you know, actually provide something of value to someone, instead of just using their reviews as a soapbox to publicly scoff at a kiddy movie in an effort to bolster their "I'm a patrician critic and my taste is so fucking superior" image.
>>
>>82254651
>He wasn't the King of Games AND Caught them all
>>
>>82253768
2 & 3 were better but as a kid the 1st movie was the most hype.
>>
>Reviewed 2007
>Reviewed 2007
>Reviewed 2002
>Reviewed 2000
>Reviewed 2000
>Reviewed 2000
>Reviewed 2010
>Reviewed 2006

>Released 1999
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.