[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was it that made the Simpsons golden era so good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: simpsons s4 halloween what.png (463KB, 538x399px) Image search: [Google]
simpsons s4 halloween what.png
463KB, 538x399px
What was it that made the Simpsons golden era so good?
>>
The whole series is good. It's the best show of all time.
>>
Randomness. No politics.
>>
>>82235691
Golden Age Simpsons had some amazing young Harvard educated talent on the writing staff.
>>
>>82235691
the authors back in the old days. there is an episode where the owner of itchy and scratchy bitches about writers being fresh out of college. this is what literally happened to the simpsons. many new writers are so young that they didn't watch the golden era while growing up
>>
File: simpsons-go-crazy-792x420.jpg (44KB, 792x420px) Image search: [Google]
simpsons-go-crazy-792x420.jpg
44KB, 792x420px
Good writers? The screenplay is usually very good and the characters are interesting.
>>
They gave a shit

You saw the same thing with the first 4 seasons of Futurama. It was new and therefore they actually tried
>>
>>82235844
Comedy writers that are now in their early to mid 30s essentially got a free master class from Harvard graduates by watching 90s era Simpsons.
>>
More heart. You may not think it but if you go back and watch some old episodes it's very noticeable through the way they all have genuine characters with more than one emotion.
>>
>>82236022
well i guess so, but it's the early 20s writers who have no feeling for the show and the jokes
>>
>>82235745
>>82235761
you guys are fucking retards
>>
>>82236281
Great observation manlet.
>>
>>82236044
I think the modern episodes are made for modern people

Brain addled manchildren with ADHD
>>
>>82235691
The writing was top-tier
>>
>>82236436
poor attempt at fitting in newfag
>>
I think that some of the problems with Zombie Simpsons (and a lot of comedy shows in general) is the timing. A lot of jokes could be funny but they are dragged for to long.
>>
This is now a frinkiac thread
https://frinkiac.com
Post 'em
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.