[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rogue One has so many problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (106KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
106KB, 720x1080px
Nothing in this movie made any sense. I've rewatched the movie last night and RLM echoed most of my thoughts exactly.

>If the plot was about a group of ''''''''rogue''''''''' Rebels stealing the Death Star plans, why include fanwankery such as "kyber crystals" without even giving said crystals any context or explanation? In both the original and prequel trilogies, Lucas explained his sci-fi fantasy concepts. In Rogue One, nothing was explains, as if the writers believed the audience would already understand, but I had no fucking idea what they were blabbering about.

>If Jyn was rescued by Forest Whittaker, why did she suddenly rip him a new asshole when they reunited? It makes no sense. The audience clearly saw Forest as her rescuer in the beginning of the movie, which established his character as a savior of some kind. Though he's a crazy hermit, that shouldn't detract from what the audience saw. Jyn says he abandoned her at 16, but we didn't see any of this. Actions speak louder than words - and so Forest's heroics in the beginning of the movie, and subsequent dream flashbacks, stay in the mind of the audiences.

>Why did Captain Calzone delve into anti-hero mode? The killing of that random guy who talked about these kyber crystals and the Death Star? His attempted assassination on Mads Mikkelsen? None of this made any sense.

>If Jyn was in an Imperial prison, and since she is the daughter of a very important Imperial scientist, why isn't she killed or at least sent to that Director character? Wasn't he looking for her in the beginning of the movie? What the fuck?
>>
>>82230019
>I've rewatched the movie last night and RLM echoed most of my thoughts exactly.

considering you actually rewatched this you're a brainlet. So it's more likely the reverse is true. You're an idiot that just agrees with whatever rlm says. Go back to whatever board you came from, tourist.

/tv/ is for real film enthusiasts, not film embryos.
>>
>>82230119
Reread exactly what I said. RLM ''''echoed'''' my thoughts, not ''''''established my thoughts'''''
>>
>>82230119
kys sjw shill
>>
File: 1437962123580.png (89KB, 265x285px) Image search: [Google]
1437962123580.png
89KB, 265x285px
>>82230119
>/tv/ is for real film enthusiasts
>>
>>82230149
Thanks for establishing that you truly are a brainlet. Couldn't even understand a simple post.
>>
File: 1491256033872.jpg (65KB, 470x246px) Image search: [Google]
1491256033872.jpg
65KB, 470x246px
>>82230223
Opinion duly noted, Disney PR. Run along now and continue to delude the minds of millions with your brain dead trite you call movies.
>>
>>82230019
No shit yet it gets praised
>>
>>82230019
It's a sci-fi cliche to say crystals would contain mysterious power, so when the audience hears about the Death Star needing Kyber crystals, they immediately realize that the Death Star is powered by said crystals.

Before they reunite, Saw was mentioned time and time again as a crazy insurgent that even the Rebels were scared of. While he may have been fatherly to Jyn, it's implied that relationship soured thanks to his militant attitude

Because Cassian was a fucking punk who joined the Rebels to save his own skin, and only realized what it meant to be a good person later on.

She kept her identity hidden from the Imperials. And Krennic wouldn't have recognized a girl he hadn't met since she was little.
>>
>>82230328
I don't get it, though.

>>82230364
>so when the audience hears about the Death Star needing Kyber crystals, they immediately realize that the Death Star is powered by said crystals.
I might've missed that part, that makes sense, concidering we went to an Imperial planet that "refines" them, but what exactly are the crystals? What do they look like? What does a refinery look like? If they power the Death Star, why not take that out? Why go through all of the trouble to find plans?

And speaking of the plans, why didn't Mads just tell his daughter all about the Death Star's weakness during the hologram scene?

>Before they reunite, Saw was mentioned time and time again as a crazy insurgent that even the Rebels were scared of. While he may have been fatherly to Jyn, it's implied that relationship soured thanks to his militant attitude
They need to show that. It's important character development wasted. It shouldn't be stated via dialogue.

>Because Cassian was a fucking punk who joined the Rebels to save his own skin, and only realized what it meant to be a good person later on.
I still don't get his character. A hero with an edge works, but not a hero who wants to murder, especially characters who are important to the leading Jyn character. Also, if he wants to murder, why not murder her? Why does he appreciate her? And if he does, why murder her father? I don't get it.

>She kept her identity hidden from the Imperials. And Krennic wouldn't have recognized a girl he hadn't met since she was little.
But you're assuming. You shouldn't do that. It's terrible writing.
>>
>>82230656
>But you're assuming. You shouldn't do that. It's terrible writing

you don't know what your talking about, even Hitchcock said assumptions was a powerful tool in story telling, if you show an audience a and b they would naturally assume c. Also it's just because Hitchcock said it makes it so, you can see his examples in most movies you have seen.
>>
>>82230841
>you don't know what your talking about, even Hitchcock said assumptions was a powerful tool in story telling, if you show an audience a and b they would naturally assume c. Also it's just because Hitchcock said it makes it so, you can see his examples in most movies you have seen.
Not when assumptions are used to cover up plot holes, m8
>>
File: fucking hot.jpg (60KB, 1092x672px) Image search: [Google]
fucking hot.jpg
60KB, 1092x672px
Did it, now?
>>
>>82230890
She looks so bored
>>
>>82230876
Someone not recognizing someone from when they were a child isn't plot hole, so no the assumption isn't being used to cover up a plot hole because there is no plot hole
>>
Yeah I'm not reading that wall of text reddit
>>
>>82230656
I'm in a hurry so I won't reply to your points, I just wanted to let you know that theyre all fucking dumb and are not a real critique of this move. It had many problems, but none of what you wrote count as ones
>>
>>82231073
The plot hole: A) Jumping from little innocent Jyn, rescued by Forest to B) Older Jyn, edgier, and in prison to later C) Older Jyn giving Forest a hard time. I can't handle all these gaps, friend.
>>
>>82231300
Event occurring off-screen doesn't make them "plot holes."
>>
>>82231413
You have no idea how a movie works then, dude. You can't just say "Oh, how did Jyn become a bittered angry woman who happens to hate her savior? Who cares! Lol! Off screen time xD"

Fuck off with that shit.
>>
>>82230019
AT-STs! AT-STs!
>>
>>82230019
I refuse to believe anyone is this stupid.
>>
>>82231454
So Burtons Batman is also shite because Bruce became Batman off screen? Every film where character relations are already established is shite? Pls watch more movies and don't ever post here again
>>
>>82231572
>So Burtons Batman is also shite because Bruce became Batman off screen?
Audiences know Bruce Wayne is Batman. You can easily see that in the film regardless of knowledge as well.

>Every film where character relations are already established is shite?
Jyn's relationship with Forest is nonexistent. What we have to work with is that he is a crazy, friendly hermit who saved her from the Empire.... but later she ends up hating him because of... reasons.

>Pls watch more movies and don't ever post here again
Pls more >>82231552 same fag shit too. The user counter didn't go up. My sides.
>>
>>82231627
>Audiences know Bruce Wayne is Batman.
Oh, so things can happen off screen and be ok in your book? Pls be even less consistent.
>What we have to work with is that he is a crazy, friendly hermit who saved her from the Empire.... but later she ends up hating him because of... reasons.
Because he was a psycho and abandoned her, as is clerly stated. You have toto work with just that because thats all there is to the character and their relation, Forest is a small supporting character with few minutes of screen time
>>
>>82231829
>Oh, so things can happen off screen and be ok in your book? Pls be even less consistent.
Bruce Wayne = Batman = Bruce Wayne.

That's logical and therefore isn't a plot hole. And furthermore, his backstory wasn't critical to the plot, whereas it is in Batman Begins.

Come on, dude.

>Because he was a psycho and abandoned her, as is clerly stated. You have toto work with just that because thats all there is to the character and their relation, Forest is a small supporting character with few minutes of screen time
Actions speak louder than words. The fact that we saw him, even urging an innocent, lost child to come with him shows that he's there to protect and save her from the Empire. Supporting character, minor or large, doesn't minimize his importance to Jyn and we didn't even see him abandon her, so her words are meaningless and have less of an impact. We saw what he did and even saw it again when Jyn had that dream flashback on Calzone's ship...
>>
>>82231829
>Oh, so things can happen off screen and be ok in your book? Pls be even less consistent.
It's not off screen when we see a suitless Bruce Wayne interacting with Alfred constantly and Bruce suiting up.
>>
It isn't a plot hole to not show these things. It is, however, bad screenwriting.
>>
>>82231413

yes, they are plot holes. If a character is here, and the next scene somewhere else with no description on how or why they have got there, its a plot hole. Someone literally pulled out pages of the script and replaced them with empty space.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.