[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

colossal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: colossal-horizontal[1].png (587KB, 1020x574px) Image search: [Google]
colossal-horizontal[1].png
587KB, 1020x574px
>all trailers suggest it's a lighthearted comedy
>it's actually a psych-thriller/drama with very little to no humor

anyone else see this yet? there's a korean webrip out there somewhere.
>>
ive watched the first 10 minutes
i cant stand that woman, i had to turn it off
does it get better?
>>
>>82222825
all there characters are cunts, or retarded. the plot becomes somewhat more interesting, and i really enjoyed the it not being a comedy twist.
>>
does she actually feel bad about destroying japan and being the monster? because the trailer makes it look like she's completely disregarding the destructive nature of her actions.
>>
>>82222870
yes, as i said, it masquerades as a lighthearted comedy in the trailers, but it's the polar opposite of one.
sudeikis's character is a literal psychopath
>>
File: 1467599819573.jpg (46KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1467599819573.jpg
46KB, 512x512px
No likeable characters what so ever, Story kinda fell apart during the middle, Was ok to waste an hour n forty mins in work. But yeah its no comedy, deals with mental abuse and alcohol dependency more than laughs and kaiju fights. Watch Big Man Japan instead.
>>
>>82223319
yeah, i really like it when a movie bamboozles me with the direction it takes, but beyond that it doesn't have a very solid plot or decent characters. the acting was good. as far as experimental indie stuff goes, it's not too bad i guess.
>>
>>82222786
I saw it in theaters with my gf on Friday. It fucking sucked. We both hated everything about it. It was shallow and poorly acted. The abusive BF stuff really comes out of left field.

It's like they didn't realize the story they were telling. Here's how it should have gone:

>Anne Hathaway is a fuckup drunk who gets kicked out of NYC
>Comes home to meet Sudekis who offers her a job at his bar
>They both fuel each other's bad habits of getting drunk
>One night, toward the end of the first act, they discover the playground Seoul portal thing
>whole second act is them getting hammered together and fucking around with Seoul
>second act ends with a tragedy caused by the two of them messing around and not taking it seriously
>third act is Hathaway realizing that the two of them are going nowhere
>massive deaths caused by their playing around sobers her up
>Sudekis isn't ready to grow up and quit drinking, Hathaway is
>moral of the story is Hathaway learns to care about someone other than herself by, comedically, killing thousands on accident

Instead they gave some half-baked abuse story that made no sense in the context of the theme. And the ending was fucking stupid too. Even the CGI sucked. Don't bother even pirating this movie, it's not worth it.
>>
>>82224168
So Anne Hathaway's character is a mass murderer? Who's fucking idea was this it's like having a movie where a kid playing with a toy airplane causes 9/11.
>>
>>82224168
>completely missing the point of the movie
>i-it's half-baked, I swear!

Good job.
>>
It wasn't a comedy? I thought it was hilarious desu
>>
I think there's a feminist message somewhere in this movie.
All guys are shit, dumb, useless.
She sleeps arround, does whatever, gets away with it.
Its complete shit.
>>
>>82224587
Okay, explain the point to me, because I have trouble seeing how any of it (her drinking, his craziness, the fact that they both did school projects and got struck by lightning, the giant Kaijus) was related

>>82224377
Not really. She kills a shitload of people at first and acts horrified by it. Then Sudekis turns into an abusive piece of shit out of nowhere and holds her hostage by threatening to destroy Seoul if she leaves.

It basically turns into that Simpsons Treehouse of Horror when Lisa grows the tooth people and Barth threatens to flush them down the toilet. Only this movie is not fun to watch.
>>
>>82224793
sudekis was, and still is, a dude with a huge inferiority complex, manifesting as extreme rage and jealousy towards bigger, better things. he also had an obsession with hathaway as she made it out of the town. when she comes back he tries to get with her, but she prefers the retarded dude instead. when he realizes he got cucked by his friend, this butthurt, combined with his new found power to kill thousands, makes him openly abusive as opposed to passive aggressive. it really isn't out of nowhere.
>>
>>82224947
Yeah, it is.

He goes from a drunken teddy bear to beating the shit out of her, lighting his own bar on fire, and threatening to kill innocent people. And the only justification for it is, "Oh yeah, remember that thing that happened when we were kids? He was an evil little shit the whole time!"

His behavior flips on a dime and makes no sense. Over night he becomes a judgmental prick and a mean drunk
>>
>>82225140
no the justification is that he felt insignificant and powerless until then, but after getting the power to literally summon a giant robot and kill thousands he feels empowered and his hatred and beta pussy feels turn into violence rage and abuse.
also part of the overnight turn is getting cucked, which is a fairly strong reason to snap by itself.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.