[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Wheel of Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 9

File: wot.jpg (44KB, 400x281px) Image search: [Google]
wot.jpg
44KB, 400x281px
The long-gestating “Wheel of Time” TV series adaptation is moving forward with The Shield and Breaking Bad developers.

The series will be based on the high fantasy novels written by Robert Jordan, the pen name of James O. Rigney Jr. There are 14 novels in total, beginning with “The Eye of the World” in 1990 and concluding with “A Memory of Light,” which was "finished" by a literal cult member who did not read the notes after Jordan’s death in 2007. They follow the quest to find the Dragon Reborn, who it is said will help unite forces to combat The Dark One.

Breaking Bad guys will produce along with Red Eagle Entertainment and Radar Pictures. Rafe Judkins is attached to write and executive produce. Judkins previously worked on shows such as the Netflix series “Hemlock Grove,” and let's leave it there. Red Eagle partners Rick Selvage and Lanny Mondragon will executive produce along with Radar’s Ted Field and Mike Weber. Darren Lemke will also executive produce, with Jordan’s spanking target Harriet McDougal serving as consulting producer.

This is the first news on the series since April of last year, when McDougal shared an update on the planned adaptation online. “Wanted to share with you exciting news about ‘The Wheel of Time,’” she wrote on Google+. “Legal issues have been resolved. ‘The Wheel of Time’ will become a cutting edge TV series! I couldn’t be more pleased. Look for the official announcement coming soon from a major studio.”

An adaptation of “The Wheel of Time” novels has been in development in one form or another going back as far as 2000, but the projects mostly never made it past that stage. However, a pilot episode called “Winter Dragon” aired on FXX back in February 2015 starring Max Ryan and Billy Zane. It aired at 1:30 a.m. with no prior publicity. After the episode aired, McDougal released a dumb statement where she was completely wrong.
>>
in b4 that list of how /tv/ will be triggered by shit that isn't even confirmed
>>
>>82220923
this

fuck /tv/'s reposts
>>
>>82220846

>/tv/ will get to experience the bogged down and mediocre series fantasy fans nostalgia over

I can't wait.
>>
>>82221699

But we already have GoT
>>
>>82221699
>implying nostalgia
Just completed my 20th reread and discovered three new things.
>>
>which was "finished" by a literal cult member
Brandon Sanderson is a cult member?
>>
>>82221845
Yes. Yes, Brandon Sanderson is a member of a cult. This is in fact true. Yes.
>>
>>82222355
Which one?
>>
>>82222582
mormons
>>
>>82222582
>>82222355

He is a Mormon
>>
Will be interesting, but there's too much that can go wrong to by hype.
>>
Just from the shirt hack writing staff alone I know it will never be kino.

I stopped reading the first book when I realized the generic inciting event took 300 plus pages to happen. King killer chronicles is way better then this shit.
>>
>>82223031
>King killer chronicles
>6 years after last book was released
>still no announcement for next book
kek. what a joke. fucking fantasy writers
>>
They only way this could ever work is if they animated the series but since Americans equate cartoons with Disney, WoT will end up a third-rate GoT knockoff that gets cancelled after two seasons.

That is, if it ever gets made.
>>
>>82223273
I tend to agree with everything you've stated but one thing that gives me hope is that the top WoT autist is a consultant.
>>
>>82220846
It's going to be another "Legend of the Seeker". (Which was hilarious because it threw out virtually everything the Yeard put into it, and kept only a few generic fantasy elements.)
>>
>>82223031
>Streetlamp Le Moose Goes To Hogwarts

Kingkiller Chronicles is garbage.
>>
>>82223227
I managed ot read book one of that, and sludged on a couple of chapters of the second one, whereupon I realized rereading an actual good book was a better idea.
>>
>>82223529
>implying Goodkind writes fantasy
>>
>>82223273
I agree. There are a great number of fantasy and scifi-books that would work marvellously as animated films/series. Like A song of Ice and Fire.
>>
>>82220846
>It's a Nynaeve tugs her braid episode
>It's a Mat is a whiny cunt who fucks up everyones plans episode
>It's a Perrin moans about his awesome wolf powers episode
>It's a Rand is Dark and Brooding episode
>It's a oh-so-funny Perrin and Rand each think the other is better with women episode
>It's an Egwene fantasises about every male in sight episode
>It's a Morraine acts like a shady bitch and everyone still trusts her despite acknowledging that they shouldn't episode
>It's a Nynaeve complains about training as an Aes Sedai despite being there of her own free will episode
>>
>>82223630
I kek'd.
I remeber some years ago I stumbled upon the weekly/monthly Terry Goodkind- threads on various forums. Hilarious every time.
>>
>>82223637
>Mat is a whiny cunt
Screw you, Mat was Best Boy, up to book 8 or so.
>>
>>82223529

Sword of Truth is awful. Over-indulgent fetish shit and thinly veiled, ham-fisted objectivist moralizing.

The Legend of the Seeker series was about as enjoyable as it could have been considering the source material.
>>
File: 1483267561439.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483267561439.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>82223637
>Its a Rand goes insane and nearly kills his own army episode
>Its a Red Hand episode
>Its a Gareth Byrne episode
>>
>>82223722
what was everyone's problem with sanderson mat?
>>
File: wheel of cucks.png (469KB, 1078x3280px) Image search: [Google]
wheel of cucks.png
469KB, 1078x3280px
>>82223722
Yeah too bad he's in the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises.
>>
>>82223774
>I can think so little for myself that I literally have to paste pictures of other people's opinions
>>
>>82223529
>>82223727
Forgive me, but I liked Legend of the Seeker.

Though I wish it had included the Objectivism. Just because it's hilarious.
>>
File: 1489375540866.png (234KB, 545x530px) Image search: [Google]
1489375540866.png
234KB, 545x530px
>>82223799
>attacking personally instead of discussing the opinions presented
>>
File: 1485988534051.gif (570KB, 307x311px) Image search: [Google]
1485988534051.gif
570KB, 307x311px
>it's a yandere lanfear episode
>>
>>82223774
>It's not that I mind complexity. Hell, A Song of Ice and Fire by Literary God George RR Martin is quite complex. It's that I mind pointless, useless complexity.

Kek. I wonder what he'd say about GRRM now.
>>
>>82223747
he got flanderized to shit
Instead of being an unintentionally charming guy way out of his depth with a good luck streak, he became le wacky comic relief dice man
>>
>Alarm goes off
>Demandred wakes up to the Lord of the Morning radio broadcast
>>
>>82221794
Autism
>>
Are there active podcasts for this series for rereads? I usually just listened to the podcast of ice and fire for asoiaf
>>
>>82224135
Sorry, no. There aren't any.
>>
>>82220846

literally redit the show
>>
>Demandred practicing at the sword gym
>Almost manages to beat LTT yet again
>Reaches for his LTT brand protein shake, before he showers with LTT brand body wash and shampoo
>Goes home to his apartment just below the penthouse directly opposite a billboard with LTT's face on it
>>
The first two books are boring and banal. Ot won't make it past S2
>>
>>82223637
>It's a 'Rand actively hunts the oldest and most powerful evil witches and wizards while collecting the seals to a dark god's prison while everyone sits on their ass and bitches about him' series

Funny how Moiraine becomes an Aes Sedai legend after ""killing"" Lanfear but Rand gets nothing but hatred after killing Ishamael, Sammael, Rahvin, Be'lal, Semirhage, and beating Asmodean/Graendal
>>
>>82226357
Moiraine killed Be'lal and Mashadar killed Sammael but yeah Rand was underrated
>>
>no lies of locke lamora series
>no powder mage show
>>
I will get triggered if because of political correctness the Aiel are all middle eastern and black people. They are Irish sand people.
>>
File: 1348894648302.jpg (28KB, 346x306px) Image search: [Google]
1348894648302.jpg
28KB, 346x306px
>>82220846
>mfw Robert Jordan comes back to life and rewrites the final novel
>mfw Dragon Reborn God
>mfw Dragon Reborn God Dragon Reborn (blue-haired Rand)
>mfw it's actually kinda good
>>
>>82226919
>Moiraine killed Be'lal
(hilariously)
>>
>>82221794
>20th

I hope for your sake that you're kidding
>>
>>82220846
Someone said once before but I'll repeat again and again.

Make it anime. Sure, that could be trash but if done correctly it could work and look great. Then they wouldn't have to worry about hiring shit actors for the kid characters.
>>
I gave up on reading this series after the third book. The main villains were simply too cartoonishly evil and wholly uninteresting. Does that ever change?
>>
>>82227663
I wasn't kidding. I turn 62 this July and have been a fan since the start. The rereads weren't linear. I reread every book prior to the next book's release until the end, a few times more than once.

>>82224089
It isn't autism. My psychiatrist says I'm not autistic, just hysterically neurotic.
>>
>>82227823
What the hell are you doing on this site?
>>
>>82227705
It never gets as good as the first two books
>>
>>82228006
I've found it helpful and entertaining since my wife died in 2010.
>>
what's with adults reading these childrens books and getting amped about them?
shit is gayer than AIDS

everything now is for children it's bullshit make some real movies again you fat yids
>>
>>82220846
Isn't the book unfinished? Isn't the author dead? Who cares we have Game of Thrones.
>>
>>82228097
If real, i wanna be friendly enough and say welcome..
>>
>>82220846
WoT will never be shown

>villains literally call themselves (((chosen)))
>with Semitic names like Ishamael, Sammael, etc
>minions infiltrate all corners of society
>symbol is a hooked nos- claw
>Protagonists are walking european myths
>Rand al'Thor = Arthur
>Perrin = Thor
>Mat = Odin
>literally european narratives vs (((them)))
>Women actually need men to accomplish anything great
>actual slavery who are happy being slaves

This'll be shitcanned
>>
>>82223273
It will and always has been made for anime. Complete with waifus.
>>
>>82228168
>Semitic names
It's distorted names of devils, demons etc. from religion and mythology.
>>
>>82228161
Thanks. I've been here since 2010 though.

Pretty sure if you combed through the archives and looked at all of the Wheel of Time threads you'd be able to single me out. I post in every one I encounter.

Every single one.
>>
>>82228148
The series is finished, has been for a few years now. Unlike ASOIAF which will never be finished, we won't even get Winds of Winter before the fat fuck kicks the bucket.
>>
>>82220923
>getting triggered by /tv/ potentially getting triggered
Christ, you are a gigantic faggot.
>>
>>82228379
When Jim Rigney died of amyloidosis (a rare blood disease caused by Agent Orange exposure, which he got as a helicopter gunner in 'Nam) it birthed the meme that fat fantasy authors will die before completing their series.

In fact, most fat fantasy authors live long lives and have no problems completing their series. Besides Rigney and Robert E. Howard (who committed suicide rather than dropping dead due to poor health), EVERY fat fantasy author in history has completed their series.

Expect GRRM to live at least another 20 years, probably 30-40 because he's rich now. Completing the series is up to him, he's got enough time and isn't going to die. Screencap this.
>>
>>82228483
No they haven't. The people you are thinking about were all skinny and still gave their series shit endings.
>>
File: 1491903507597.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491903507597.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>82228455

>getting triggered by a post from 5 hours ago because someone doesn't like /tv/ garbage shitpost
Um, sweetie? You really need to calm down, okay babycakes?
>>
>>82228539
Thinking about it, every author I genuinely really, really like had a six pack
>>
>>82228483
There was 5 years between a Storm of Swords and a Feast for Crows, then 6 years between the latter and A Dance with Dragons, we're now well into the 6th year since book 5 and Martin has already called for another delay despite raving about how close it is to being finished. I'd say it would be hopelessly optimistic to hope for an early 2018 release and then he has to start on a Dream of Spring and wrap up any loose ends in that book. GRRM is already 68 and we're looking at probably another decade before the series could be finished, maybe more as GRRM keeps complaining about his waning energy and focuses elsewhere.

GRRM could very well live another 20 years. I just doubt he could finish the books in that amount of time.
>>
>>82228959
Who cares the show is over next year. Who the fuck will care about the books after they know the ending?
>>
>>82228959
You've made an excellent argument.
>>
>>82220846
>Lanny
heh
>>82221845
no less so than jimboy himself
a mormon hack's series passed on to an even bigger mormon hack
>>82223637
>it's a every female character is a useless spiteful harpy episode
>it's a man whose cult-induced autism prevents him from understanding women delegates dictating the behavior of "strong" women to his nightmare wife episode
name anything with worse female characters
>>
>>82229613
GRRM himself has said he's a whimsical writer that changes major details or character plotlines at the drop of a hat. The ending in the books will be vastly different from what he told D&D he envisioned and the journey there won't be an unfocused shitstorm like the show.

Not that the later books are incredible but at least we weren't subjected to the Sand Snakes killing Prince Doran for shits and giggles and the bastardization of Jaime's character arc.
>>
>>82229756
Wait, are you claiming that Rob Jordan was a mormon or just that mormonism is freemasonry?
>>
>>82224085
Demandred is too busy beating up tall people to sleep.
>>
>>82228959
Martin already confirmed that he won't end the series even if he finishes A Dream of Spring, since there are other stories set in Westeros that he has planned. Personally, I would be fine if Elio and Linda finished the series, as they've been following it since the very beginning and have collaborated with GRRM on a number of projects, including the world book. The only problem with that is they tend to be more concise than Martin (he once griped about them cutting large snippets out of blurbs that he wrote for TWoIaF), and their overall style has subtle differences.

That said, I'm not entirely convinced Martin is even making progress on Winds. He hasn't given us a new chapter in about a year, and the ones we've gotten so far are almost guaranteed to be spillover from Dance. Another thing to consider is that he suspiciously decided to take a break from writing right when football season began (he's a huge Giants fan), meaning he basically took a 4 fucking month vacation even though he promised his fans the next book would be out already.
>>
>>82228290
i love this place
>>
>>82223637
>It's a 'Rand chases dark friends into a city where he can't channel and kills them with his bare hands' episode
>It's a 'Perrin loses his goddamned mind and starts maiming a Shaido prisoner and threatening to dump his quadraplegic ass on the streets' episode
>It's a 'Logain kidnaps, mindfucks, then actually fucks a man-hating couple Aes Sedai' episode
>It's a 'Mat gets forced into a sexual relationship with a foreign ruler' episode
>It's a 'male Forsaken in a female body gives Egwene nude full body massages to help with the headaches he weaves into her' episode

No way they show any of the more 'adult' moments of the series
>>
>>82230481
>it's an Elayne experiments with a wrist-thick crimson rod ter'angreal episode
>>
>>82226342

I agree that the first book is like an overly long Fellowship of the Ring ripoff.

But the second book really gets the ball rolling and has a ton of great moments.

They should actually start the series with The Great Hunt and use flashbacks to fill in the gaps.
>>
>>82226285
Who killed Demandred again? Was it Lan?
>>
>>82230578
The main characters coming from a tiny village in the middle of nowhere is an integral part of the story.
>>
>>82230624
Yeah Lan killed the greatest swordsman and one of the strongest channelers in a one on one sword fight with nothing but Mat's anti-channeling medallion after bitch boy Gawyn died using forbidden blood magic and made Galad lose an arm.

Probably the most satisfying moment of the last book.
>>
>>82230578
Is the Tolkien ripoff thing intentional?

The premise of the series seems to say that every legend and myth gets retold again and again, and oftentimes the retelling doesn't get it exactly correct.
>>
>>82231147

Maybe. But EotW is so dull and overly long. TGH on the other hand starts on a high note and is high energy throughout.
>>
>>82231251
Rand unwittingly channeling and Rand&Mat busking are the only good things from tEotW.

TGH is objectively superior
>>
>>82230763
So is the introduction of Padan Fain, the explanation of Shadar Logoth and Mordeth, Mat grabbing the dagger, the use of the Ways, Rand's accidental use of Saidin for the first time, Rand seeing Logain, Rand meeting Elayne/Morgase/Elaida, Perrin's wolf powers and the night with the Tinkers and Whitecloaks, Min and her powers, Mat's obsession with fireworks, and Rand wiping out that Trolloc army after using the pool of power shit.

Still books 2-6 are easily the best parts of the series.
>>
>>82230916
God I hated Gawyn and Egwene. Their deaths alone made the last book satisfying.
>>
>>82231700
Demandred versus the great swordsmen in the series with each getting a particular ranking was crude immersion-breaking fanservice.

Fuck Brandon Sanderson.
>>
File: bueno.jpg (72KB, 600x607px) Image search: [Google]
bueno.jpg
72KB, 600x607px
>It's a Aran'gar and Graendal flirt with each other at a meeting of The Forsaken episode.
>>
>>82231350
So what? Actually starting the TV show with the events of Book 1 doesn't prevent you from moving on to Book 2 afterwards, I thought that much was obvious.
>>
>>82230916
That whole sequence is gold. Lan charging alone, the Two Rivers bowmen lighting his way with arrows and the last grasp charge of the Light forces afterwards.
>>
>>82231805
Yeah it was almost as bad as Rand killing an actual heron-marked blademaster after a few weeks of training with Lan.
>>
File: Gawyn.jpg (15KB, 257x197px) Image search: [Google]
Gawyn.jpg
15KB, 257x197px
>someone was paid to draw this
>>
>>82232065
No, that was actually really great.

I'm talking execution not premise if that helps, you magic underpants-wearing scum.
>>
>>82232065
To be fair he also had unconscious Blademaster Lews Therin in his brain
>>
>>82222615
>>82222627
So he isnt a cult member
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.