[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is worse: the Star Wars Prequels or the new Star Wars movies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 35

File: 33 Hours on MS Paint.png (614KB, 1058x325px) Image search: [Google]
33 Hours on MS Paint.png
614KB, 1058x325px
Which is worse: the Star Wars Prequels or the new Star Wars movies?
>>
>>82213701
Prequels had better music but that's it
New ones are way better
>>
>>82213701
Which would you rather eat, puke or shit?
>>
>>82213701
Edgy kids born 96+
>prequels are the best, I would know I grew up with them! new star wars is shit!!
Everyone else
>prequels were pretty terrible, the new star wars movies are at least decent
>>
The prequels had a decent story buried beneath a gigantic pile of garbage. The Disney movies are lack any kind of charm and are have fanfiction level plots. The new ones are technically better movies, but people who enjoy Star Wars are going to prefer the prequels.
>>
>>82213739
new movies are not decent, they are the mediocrity shat out by corporate disney
its the most generic lowest common denominator appeasement with no legitimate story or acting involved, just the most by the numbers bullshit imaginable

rogue one was fucking awful and the cgi actors were fucking awful, and most the scenes were just designed for cameos/introductions with little plot
the acting in force awakens was awful so was line delivery, directing was good, but the script was shit and plot was shit and the writing was shit

that black guy was terrible at delivering lines, i could point you to like 20 other black actors who would have done better, fucking sounded like a redditor spewing out lines as fast as possible
and rey's character had no arc at all, more than half the scenes from force awakens could be removed and little would have changed
>>
>>82213787
>but people who enjoy Star Wars are going to prefer the prequels.
WRONG
>>
>>82213739
t. December 1995 dob
>>
>>82213806
You obviously do not enjoy Star Wars.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHuD5y-PZM0
Duel of the Fates is overrated trash. Good shit coming through.
>>
>>82213787
prequels were good but the directing was shit
i mean you can even excuse jar jar if you think of it as a kids movie needing a character for kids to enjoy

and even the action in prequels is 100x better than anything in new films
>>
>>82213701
Prequels were complete shit, tfa was alright and r1 pretty bad.
New ones are better
>>
>>82213828
If you didn't like the holiday special you don't enjoy Star Wars
>>
>>82213701
RO would be pure kino if they kept the "I Rebel" line.
Shame Disney, shame.
>>
>>82213739
>the new star wars movies are at least decent
Tfa was god awful and the next one looks even worse. Star Wars died in 1983, let it rest in peace.
>>
1 > R1 > 7 > 3 > 2
>>
>>82213890
>letting one of the most successful franchises in history rest
You clearly don't know the business
>>
>>82213914
>1 on top
Why do you like it that much?
>>
>>82213739
Edgy kids born 96+
>prequels are the best, I would know I grew up with them! new star wars is shit!
Sweaty manchildren born 80+
>the new star wars are good cause they remind me of muh childhood! If you disagree you're an edgy prequel loving contrarian!
Everyone else
>I like both of them! Lightsabers are awesome I'm such a nerd! xD
FTFY
>>
>>82213862
The fact that you compare the prequels to the holiday special proves that you have no idea what you are talking about. You are the kind of person who saw Star Wars once when you were a kid, bought a Star Wars video game and T-Shirt, and watched a YouTube review. You are not a fan, you a customer. People who are actual fans of the series universally hate the Disney films for destroying the EU.
>>
>>82213787
The story was the worst part about the prequels.
They completely fucked up Anakin's backstory, the excitement of the clone wars, and everything about the empire taking control. When you heard Luke say "You fought in the Clone Wars?!" in A New Hope with such enthusiasm to Obi Wan you imagined that it was a, for a lack of better word, awesome event. What we eventually got was nothing of the sort.

>fanfiction level plots
TFA is a rehash of ANH plotwise, yes. Are you saying ANH is a "fanfiction level plots"?
Rogue One was actually written many years ago by one of the guys from ILM. It's a pretty interesting story, all things considered.

>but people who enjoy Star Wars are going to prefer the prequels.
People who genuinely enjoy Star Wars want to see good movies made within that universe. The new Disney movies have been just that.
>>
>>82213987
The EU was uninspired trash and you know it
After all, the holiday special is part of the EU
>>
>>82213739
fpbp
>>
tfa is just a rip off of the original films. fucking seriously? the amount of hate this movie doesn't get is astounding. i guess in the age of capeshit i shouldn't be too surprised

at least the prequels were original and had a good overarching story. where the prequels fucked up the most was in the details and the absence of practical effects. i'm really not interested in grading a star wars movie for its acting
>>
>>82214002
>good movies made within that universe. The new Disney movies have been just that.
You think TFA is a good movie?
>>
>>82213941
Highlight would be duel of the fates fight scene. Also that opening scene was amazing especially opening day in theaters seeing all the new jedi tricks like door melting and super speed.

Also I excuse and tolerate Jarjar because he serves a legitimate narrative purpose i.e. He's supposed to be annoying
>>
>>82214002
>Are you saying ANH is a "fanfiction level plots"?
Rewriting ANH with a mary-sue original character donut steal is a fanfiction plot yes.
>>82214025
Thank you for admitting you are not actually a Star Wars fan.
>>
>>82214002
>The story was the worst part about the prequels.
you need to grow up

>They completely fucked up Anakin's backstory, the excitement of the clone wars, and everything about the empire taking control. When you heard Luke say "You fought in the Clone Wars?!" in A New Hope with such enthusiasm to Obi Wan you imagined that it was a, for a lack of better word, awesome event. What we eventually got was nothing of the sort.
it's clear you didn't get it and it went over your head. maybe that was the problem. the star schwartz fan base are mostly dumb subhumans who can't into subtlety
>>
>>82214060
I'll admit the score when Qui Gon is melting that door is amazing. For me that's the best part of that movie.
>>
>>82213701

I think they're both on par. Prequels are more (unintentionally) funny and original, new ones are pretty to look at. Both are mediocre. Kylo Ren is the only interesting character in the new movies.
>>
>>82214086
>guy hating on Star Wars for taking a new direction pretending to be a real fan
>>
In terms of character design, just design, who's got the best look across all the movies?
>>
>>82214127
>franchise is bought out by a billion dollar megacorporation and milked to death
You're right, I applaud the bold, artistic direction Disney is taking Star Wars through.
>>
>>82214150
Offhand Boba Fett. We only even know who he is because if his costume. He does literally nothing in the movies.
>>
>>82214192
>bold, artistic direction
>same words Lucas used to describe the prequels
This anon is trying out his pottery skills
>>
>>82214105
>it's clear you didn't get it and it went over your head.
Says the kid who was 9 when Episode 2 came out.
>>
>>82214150
Obi-Wan. His character was so cool in the first movie that they copied his look for all of the other jedi.
>>
>>82214205
He dies like a punk bitch, fails to shoot Luke and floats around in garbage for a bit
That's doing something
>>
>>82213701
At least the prequels gave us a bunch of new stuff like the Seperatist ships and soldiers. The new movies are just treading old ground.
>>
>>82213701
3 > 7 > 1 > R1 > 2
>>
>>82213701
Both are equally bad. The prequels had horrid dialogue, special effects, and cinematography with plot inconsistencies with the OT and the most stale acting you could get and although Star Wars isn't known for its acting the prequels take it to a whole new level. The sequels while competently made on a technical level is absolutely soulless and unimaginative plot wise you could compare it to avatar although I'd argue avatar was at least immersive as sci fi movie as what sci fi movies should do so I think total recall or robocop would be a more fair comparison. As to which is better well I guess that depends on wheather you value story or technical aspects of a movie more.
>>
>>82214150
It's gotta be Kylo Ren
Don't judge my tastes too hard, I'm an edgy angsty man child
>>
>>82213701
Prequels have better world building, which is a huge part of what Star Wars is all about for me.
>>
>>82214333
Trips confirms we're all edgy angsty man children
>>
>>82214263
stop projecting
>>
The sound design in all Star Wars movies deserves much more praise.
Lightsabers
Vader's breathing
The sound of the Death Star laser powering up
The seismic charges
Jango's blaster
Grievous's spinning blades
Kylo's lightsaber
I could go on
>>
>>82214441
Don't forget the podracers
>>
File: clay1.png (256KB, 436x418px) Image search: [Google]
clay1.png
256KB, 436x418px
Prequels.
>why
Because there's only three. The new shit is going to last FOREVER. It also removed the EU.
>>
>>82214315
At the end of the day, the prequels and the Disney movies suffer from the same fatal flaw; using impressive visuals to cover up a mediocre movie. The problem is, impressive visuals become dated very quickly. We can all see how bad the prequels look now, even though they looked good when the movies came out.
>>
>>82214486
>It also removed the EU.
I thought you were listing cons about the new ones, not pros.
>>
>>82214523

It just means we do the same dance all over again but this time instead of being over in 10 years it never ends.
>>
>>82213715
also better poster art apparently
>>
>>82214441
Do you have a problem with calling them sound effects?
>>
>>82213701
From a creativity standpoint the new movies are pretty bad. But if you compare watchability, the prequels were awful.
>>
>>82213885
im SOOOOOO glad they cut that corny shit
>>
>>82214607
Yes. Sound design is the superior term.
>>
>>82214548
Here's to hoping the dumb as hell Luuke clone comes back
>>
File: WE.png (690KB, 612x614px) Image search: [Google]
WE.png
690KB, 612x614px
>>82213701
You know the answer anons
>>
>>82214523
The original sequels, the Thrawn Trilogy, would have made for great movies though.
>>
>>82214832
>women proudly gloating about their acts of terrorism
Also I didn't see Leia in no x wing. Hell, one could argue it was all men's doing since Galen put in that weakness.
>>
>>82214832
>movies are bad because I hate women
I really hope one day you realize just how stupid you are.
>>
>>82214886
>Thrawn Trilogy movies
I never realized how badly I wanted something until now.
>>
>>82214910
Scientifically been proven women makes movies worse
>>
>>82214910
>t. Liberal who cant seperate fiction from reality
>>
File: empress of the palace.jpg (84KB, 872x457px) Image search: [Google]
empress of the palace.jpg
84KB, 872x457px
>>82213701
prequels are worse

at least new ones have a chance to see Rey get dicked up by white cock in the next movie
>>
>>82213885
That sounds like something straight out of Marvel
>>
>>82213701
Why were there no Bothans in Rogue One? I thought they were the Rebels spies, or was that just in Battlefront?
>>
File: Pablo_Hidalgo_Rebels.png (687KB, 849x448px) Image search: [Google]
Pablo_Hidalgo_Rebels.png
687KB, 849x448px
>4>5>R1>3>6>1>7>2
This is the official opinion of Pablo Hidalgo head of the Lucasfilm Story Group
>>
>>82214978
Yeah you wish white boi
>>
>>82213701
I like both the prequels and the sequels. It's really hard to say which is better or worse, although I think the prequels edge out the sequels. It's probably more constructive to talk about them individually.

If I were to rank them, it'd probably go Revenge of the Sith > The Phantom Menace > The Force Awakens > POWER GAP > Attack of the Clones > MAJOR POWER GAP > Rogue One.

The first three are really close, and you could really mix them around any way and it'd still work. These movies are, by no means, perfect (then again, none of the Star Wars films are perfect). They each have their flaws. But, overall, they're highly enjoyable movies. I tend to place RotS and TPM before TFA because I feel like those two movies have more memorable, fun moments to them, but they're all good.

Next you have Attack of the Clones. Attack of the Clones has a lot of bad in it, there's a lot of drawn out boring sections of the movie that drag it down. However, Clones does have some things that are really good that redeem it and make it somewhat enjoyable. Overall, it's pretty good.

At the bottom, you have Rogue One. Now, I don't hate Rogue One, but there's just very, very little good in the movie, and what it has going for it doesn't redeem it. I feel like they didn't know what they were trying to make with this one, and it's such a big misstep that it actually makes me cautious for the future of the sequels. Stuff like the two Cantina guys appearing and saying the exact same lines they do in the first one was way worse than anything from the prequels, including Jar Jar. Again, I don't hate Rogue One, but I didn't enjoy watching it and will probably never watch it again. No hate, just gonna avoid seeing it and thinking about it. Because it's bad.
>>
>>82213919
They're to shit out more and more bland shit and depreciate it's value.
>>
>>82215013
Because they don't want to dig through the decades of lore to give fans a look at some established aliens that have never appeared on the big screen. There's a treasure trove of species, planets, ships, and characters out there in the EU, but they're going to do their best to avoid working a single one in out of spite.
>>
>>82214799

The EU had some cool things in it despite all the stupid things. I'm more worried about it ending up identical t the old EU but with none of the redeeming qualities.
>>
>>82213954
Edgy kids born 96+
>prequels are the best, I would know I grew up with them! new star wars is shit!
Sweaty manchildren born 80+
>the new star wars are good cause they remind me of muh childhood! If you disagree you're an edgy prequel loving contrarian!
Everyone else
>I like both of them! Lightsabers are awesome I'm such a nerd! xD
(You)
>I am Gay
FTFY
>>
>>82214965
It seem you can't, ironically enough, and that's exactly what I was implying with my post. You're either really this stupid or this is just some poor bait attempt.
>>
>>82215086
I've never read someone liking both. Interesting and I don't mean that in a bad way it comes off as more objective since people have strong feelings either way for the prequels and sequels.
>>
>>82215099
That wasn't the answer I wanted but there's no denying the truth of it.
>>
File: 1492931474736.jpg (52KB, 720x852px) Image search: [Google]
1492931474736.jpg
52KB, 720x852px
>>82215067
>>
Star Wars is no longer space opera, its lost the core element that made it great in the first place. Star Wars should be an over the top battle between good and evil, Force Awakens was an underwhelming mishmash of weak heroes and laughable villians.
>>
File: 1492931412326.jpg (90KB, 540x711px) Image search: [Google]
1492931412326.jpg
90KB, 540x711px
>>82215067
now what?
>>
>>82215116
Thanks for the (You) :)
>>
The prequels are shitty lazy movies but at least it isn't just throwing star wars items in your face even though they shouldn't be there. I KNOW WHAT THAT ISSSSSS
>>
File: 1490745253392.jpg (51KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1490745253392.jpg
51KB, 960x540px
>>82215013
>>82215099
You fucking normie pieces of shit. The Bothans stole the plans for the Death Star 2 not for the first one.
>>82215086
That's bullshit. Tfa brought absolutely nothing to the star wars universe other than the shitting on of all our legacy heroes accomplishments. R1 had way better world building and actually added to the lore of the series instead of blatantly ripping off another older movie.
>>
>>82213701
Prequels have far better (memorable) music, some originality and great entertainment value. Objectively terrible, but you can make a great case they are "so bad it's good".

New shit is completely devoid of originality, the score is just rehashed OT shit. Effects and shit are better, in most ways they are objectively better. However they just don't have any personality, can't see myself ever rewatching them.

Prequels i can at least see myself "ironically" rewatching.
>>
>>82215233
Daisy has a crush on Adam
That's cute CUTE
>>
>>82215268
>R1 had way better world building and actually added to the lore of the series instead of blatantly ripping off another older movie.
100% agree with you
>>
>>82215193
>>82215233
These tweets say nothing dumbass white bois. Rey will be alone before any kind of romance with a fucking murderer. Notice how Padme marries Anakin before he turns evil
>>
>>82213787
Agreed. At least I can remember the stories and characters of the prequel movies even though I haven't watched them in years. At least the worlds and technology had cool and unique designs. At least we got some fantastic vidya based on material introduced by the prequels.

The new trilogy doesn't add anything new. It's derivative rather than creative. It has generated 0 amazing video games so far. The new worlds are dull and forgettable. They feel like they were built from the same procedural engine that generates the Star Trek and Marvel movies.
>>
>>82213701
TFA>RotS>AotC>TPM>RO

I like all of them but Rogue One.
>>
>>82215067
TFA was so bland and inoffencive, they didn't go with the Finn/Rey racemixing part. Compared to ANH, TFA was cold and loveless.
>>
The Prequels are infinitely better than the fucking garbage that is TFA.
>>
>>82215377
Kill yourself.
>>
>>82215388
They're not going to do the race mixing plotline they want so bad for the simple reason that it will hurt the Chinese box office performance. As much as Jews love deenracy they love money more. For the same reason, the gay subplot in the upcoming movies is going to be very low key and easy to remove from the movie with no impact to the story, because it's going to be cut out in Russia and a few other markets.
>>
File: iwCNj9j.jpg (49KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
iwCNj9j.jpg
49KB, 655x527px
>>82215464
>Rey X Finn is a no go for China but Finn x Chink is fine
>>
>>82215464
>the gay subplot

is this confirmed?

fuck me I'd rather see Rey get blacked than see some faggot shit shoehorned in

I hope this shit fucking flops, I hate these kikes so much
>>
File: It's a Trap!.jpg (77KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
It's a Trap!.jpg
77KB, 600x600px
>>82215268
I think you're judging these movies on different criteria then I am. I don't think "world building" or "lore" is all that important. I think stuff like Wookieepedia is kind of dumb. That said, if that's something you like, then that's good for you. For me, I don't really want to watch a film that's some wiki article, I want to watch something that's actually enjoyable and fun with characters that are interesting doing things that are interesting in a plot that makes sense and Rogue One really didn't have that for me.

But again, not trying to shit on you or your favorite. Like what you like.
>>
>>82213701
The ranking has been settled already
3 > R1 > 1 > 2 > 7
That being said, they're all shit.
>>
>>82213739
>Edgy kids born 96+
That would be you famm. Episode 1 came out in 99. I grew up with prequels and I'm 30 now. Kids who grew up after prequels parrot the hate, kids who grew up with them like them.
>>
>>82215464
>Chinese box office
I feel like, after The Force Awakens didn't do well in China, they really tried to cater to China with Rogue One, and now that that also didn't do well in China, they've kind of given up on the Chinese box office for the most part. Or, at least they should. These movies are doing well without drawing in the Chinese crowds.

At any rate, I've seen articles stating there will be an interracial romance in this one, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
>>
>>82215464
They don't have the chutzpah to do that with their new 4 billion dollar IP. Though I would bet when the films start to depreciate and generally make less money they will shoehorn the miscegenation and gay romance back in.
>>
>>82215590
Yeah probably because your brain is small. You just like seeing funny ships and lensflare all over the place. Funny you mention plot because I can't even count how many plot holes were in tfa not to mention barely any logical character development.
>>
File: Darth_Maul_Concept_Art.jpg (576KB, 1350x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Maul_Concept_Art.jpg
576KB, 1350x2000px
>>82215708
Again, like what you like. If you're really interested in lore, here's a video that's right up your alley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo
>>
File: image_e4cb382d.jpg (856KB, 3839x2584px) Image search: [Google]
image_e4cb382d.jpg
856KB, 3839x2584px
Elderfag, here.

I saw the original trilogy in theaters when they came out. And let me tell you, there's no better age to experience The Empire Strikes Back than when you're ten years old and nothing's been spoiled for you, yet.

Return of the Jedi was a bit of a letdown even then, but that's another story for another time.

Fast-forward to 1997. I go to see the Special Editions, because why not? People just kind of stopped caring about the SW universe after 1983, because George hung up his flannel shirt and no one ever expected there to be another Star Wars film after that.

But now, there was buzz. The prequels had been announced, and there was a reason to feel like a kid again. 1999 finally arrived...buzz was HUGE. And we got...a fucking kid, a fucked-up Yoda puppet, and that Meesa guy. Fuck.

So hopes were high that Attack of the Clones would right the ship. Nope, we got some generic Gladiator in Space movie with the most hamfisted attempt to recapture that Han-Leia "We say we hate each other but we really love each other" dynamic, but failing miserably. Entirely forgettable movie. But I guess we saw Yoda with a lightsaber, so there's that--ahh, fuck what am I saying? That was ridiculous.

Finally, Revenge of the Sith. The film opens with a pointless battle where both sides are controlled by the same guy. You couldn't give less of a shit who wins. Then you've got some wheezing insect-robot with a cartoonishly-evil voice who's supposed to be intimidating, but comes off as a comical buffoon. So scary.

The final payoff of Anakin vs. Obi-Wan wasn't half bad. Same for Sheev vs. Yoda. But they couldn't erase the overall stink generated by what came before.
>>
>>82215739
>he actually like star wars movies for the cinematography
What the fuck. The ONLY reason to watch them is if you like the universe. If you don't, why would you EVER watch trash like this? Apply yourself son
>>
File: reylo1.jpg (123KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
reylo1.jpg
123KB, 540x540px
>>82215179
There's a lot of tribalism where you're either on one team. I think it's better if you don't take Star Wars so seriously and just have fun with it.
>>
File: 1451698314709.jpg (144KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1451698314709.jpg
144KB, 900x900px
>>82215785
Because they're dumb fun.

The lore is pretty silly, and that's even after they ditched the EU, but if that's your bag, go hog wild.
>>
>>82215313
I mean i think she's just a fan girl who likes fan art of her
>>
File: 1493505204464.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493505204464.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>>82215337
nice try disney shill
>>
>>82215865
You need a fucking trip so I can filter your faggot ass. Just reading your posts is having me foaming at the mouth
>>
>>82215867
You think Boyega likes his fan art, too?
>>
File: 1492032479144.jpg (170KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
1492032479144.jpg
170KB, 1200x799px
>>82215895
Fuck off /pol/. Liberate yourself
>>
File: bitch.jpg (18KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
bitch.jpg
18KB, 408x408px
>>82215910
Relax the sphincter.
>>
>>82215865
>they're dumb fun
Why are you discussing dumb fun for so long? I've seen a lot of dumb fun movies, I've never argued about them because I don't give a shit as soon as the movie is over.
>>
File: 1489864086779.png (279KB, 456x310px) Image search: [Google]
1489864086779.png
279KB, 456x310px
>>82215865
>dumb fun
>>
File: 1452045169270.jpg (246KB, 715x715px) Image search: [Google]
1452045169270.jpg
246KB, 715x715px
>>82215967
'cuz I like 'em and I'm bored. Plus I remembered I have a bunch of Star Wars pictures on this computer for some reason and they're making me smile.
>>
>>82215590
>>82215865
I hate saying this but you are a classic case of someone liking something for the wrong reasons. If I didn't know any better I would think that you are a woman.
>>
File: yoga.png (1MB, 1318x1247px) Image search: [Google]
yoga.png
1MB, 1318x1247px
>>82216064
>"Quit liking it wrong!"
>>
>>82215944
fuck off shill. Castrate yourself
>>
Prequels were good but also shit, I like the new movies but I also don't really care for them
>>
>>82216102
Just because your Jewish overlords castrated you already doesn't mean you can ask others to do it to themselves.
>>
>>82216152
lemme guess you're one of those leftist discordfags who are raiding this board with "what are some good movies about..." then posting a picture of some anti trump media stuff aren't you?
>>
>>82216213
Lemme gues tarkeesian beetle board on half moon sunset?
>>
File: 1489865402864.png (539KB, 630x435px) Image search: [Google]
1489865402864.png
539KB, 630x435px
>>82216263
>>
File: donald-drumpf.jpg (40KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
donald-drumpf.jpg
40KB, 550x413px
>>82216213
Trump loves Jews dumbass. He literally said he was their greatest ally and shit on Obama for not supporting them enough. He literally gave his daughter's hand in marriage to one of (((them))) you retarded American piece of shit.
>>
File: 1485909243108.jpg (135KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1485909243108.jpg
135KB, 768x768px
>>82216363
i know. trump loves jews with money
>>
File: StarWarsIntelligenceRanking.jpg (377KB, 853x1201px) Image search: [Google]
StarWarsIntelligenceRanking.jpg
377KB, 853x1201px
I rank based on how good the film actually is, not fan bias.
>>
File: 1407760455968.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1407760455968.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>82216351
>>
The Force Awakens is unironically the worst Star Wars movie thus far.
>>
>>82217422
I agree, Empire is the worst and for idiots who think Star Wars is a work of art.
>>
>>82214315

Fucking hell, learn how to write a fucking sentence.
>>
File: image.png (158KB, 417x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
158KB, 417x405px
>>82215086
Hold the fuck on, one 10 second fan service clip is worse than the ~30 minutes of screen time that Jar Jar gets in the Phantok Menace?
>>
>>82213701
Prequels are worse, anyone who objects is either
a) Under 20 and is wearing some super heavy nostalgia goggles
b) Contrarian with no real opinions
c) A faggot-retard
d) A combination of two or more of the above
>>
File: moderate Muslims.jpg (92KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
moderate Muslims.jpg
92KB, 1024x576px
>>82216102
>>
>>82219536
Yes.
>>
>>82215655

exactly this.
>>
>>82219566
You forgot e not a mindless RLM drone who can't think for themselves or make their own opinion
>>
>>82213701
Prequels are more interesting conceptually but badly executed. The new ones are mediocre in concept but far better made.
>>
>>82213701
The prequels are better but jyn is really hot
>>
>>82222765

>Prequels are more interesting conceptually but badly executed

You just say that because other pretentious douchebags told you to think that. They're actually really good.
>>
>>82213701
The JJ Abrams is raping my childhood. George Lucas is a misunderstood genius and as BvS taught us people fear what they don't understand.
>>
>>82223314
>They're actually really good.

You have legitimate issues if you truly think this.
>>
>>82223399

You can't deny it's good entertainment. Movies are about entertainment, they don't have to be some avant-garde bullshit to be considered "good." People forgot what "good" means.
>>
Ep 3 > TFA > everything else.

This is a fact.
>>
>>82223471
This guy gets it.

The prequels are good in terms of being entertaining for the most part, outside a few boring parts where they're just talking. The Phantom Menace is incredibly comfortable, and I say this as a guy who hated TPM when it came out and has zero nostalgia for it.

If you're looking for "art" or something "deep" in a Star Wars movie, you're a clown.
>>
The prequels were better films. Currently the two movies have not produced anything worthwhile in terms of setting, story or character.
>>
>>82213739

I was born in 89 and the prequels at least were made by someone who actually loved his own world. Far from perfect, alot of terrible plot ideas and characters, but atleast it was made with "love" by Lucas.

The new movies are literally a soulless cashcow with the worst possible progressive political messages and I dont mean the black/gay think, which is actually a fresh spin. Im talking about the Mary Sue feminist cunt.
>>
>>82223471

>You can't deny it's good entertainment.
i can because it's not

>they don't have to be some avant-garde bullshit to be considered "good."
you're right. a film like die hard is good.

>People forgot what "good" means.

>having to radically redefine definitions of "good" and "bad" in order to make the prequels seem "good".
>>
>>82225279

>having to radically redefine definitions of "good" and "bad" in order to make the prequels seem "good".

>"thinking" that an opinion regarding entetainment/art is a dogmatic fact, which cannot be disputed

Was it autism?
>>
The new movies.

They only rehash and redo.

The prequels, at least, attempted a new story -- even if it was backstory.
>>
>>82215032
Yeah, this is mine if you swap 5 and 6. I was pleasantly surprised by rogue one, just the music was god awful.
>>
>>82214832
Although it was a man who made the flaw and another used the exploitation.
>>
The prequels are shit due to poor character development, bad dialogue, awful special effects in II and III and not feeling like Star Wars.

TFA's biggest problem is that it was derivative.

If you disagree you're literally just memeing.
>>
>>82226331

Id rather watch episode 1 on repeat for 2 days, than ever see Rey's "acting" again.
>>
>>82213701
Well TFA was the best, but ROTS was better than Rogue One
>>
>>82213701
The Force Awakens is better than the prequels, Rogue One is worse.
>>
The sequels had a soul. George Lucas could have sat on his money for all his life and be fine, but he aspired to make something. He fucked up a lot of things (greenscreen, wooden acting, occasional nonsensical character motivation) but at least it came from a genuine creative spark. Anakin being a kid who works on podracers is as much part of his oeuvre as The kids in American Graffiti working on their cars.

Meanwhile the prequels are better made but they're also corporate shit. It's just a New Hope but worse, or it's just Saving Private Ryan with lasers.
I doubt JJ Abrams has an original bone in his body, since his career achievements include making Wrath of Khan and ET again but shitttier.
Dollop on top of that a Mary Sue, hamfisted political allegory, and fan service that will age like cheese, and you've got a pretty horrible (if technically competent) movie.
>>
>>82213701
The Prequels are better than the new ones.

Star Wars 7 was just a rip off of A New Hope with a Mary Sue and Rogue One was boring with a handful of interesting scenes.

The prequels, for all their faults, are at least entertaining and gave us something new, rather than DUDE ANOTHER DEATH STAR BUT THIS TIME IT IS A PLANET LMAO GIRLS ARE STRONK GET OVER IT
>>
>>82226570
>>82226992

>5 Disney dollars have been deposited to your Disney rewards programme
>>
>>82227621
>>82227761

These lads get it.
>>
>>82213701

The prequels are far, far worse. Every defense of the prequels I see involves lore arguments and 'lol original', but those things do not make a good movie.
>>
>>82227818
you're right, they're not good. But they're better than nu-wars because they haven't even got originality going for them.
>>
>>82213701
Prequels are much better, even with the cheesiness. The only watchable portion from the new movies is when Darth Vader murders that group of rebels.
>>
>>82227781
Yes, Disney shills would totally say that Rogue One sucks.
>>
>>82227932

>comparing something is the same as stating that something "sucks"

You "suck" at your job shill.
>>
>>82214002
>They completely fucked up Anakin's backstory
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>82227866

Both TFA and R1 work better as movies than the prequels. Both structure-wise and technical-wise.

I'm not shilling/trolling, since I only sort of liked TFA and R1 was a humongous wasted opportunity in my opinion, but I wonder how many people have actually seen the prequels recently. I can understand if Revenge of the Sith is the point of reference since it's a competent movie, but putting I and II in the same league or LOWER than TFA and R1 is just fucking wrong. Seeing all 4 movies back to back and thinking: "Yeah, I and II were definitely worth my time and TFA and R1 were not" is impossible for someone that's seen more than 12 movies in his life.
>>
>>82228226
>TFA and R1 work better as movies than the prequels
>putting I and II in the same league or LOWER than TFA and R1 is just fucking wrong
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsIQa7sH5_Y
>>
>>82228340

Disregard that, I'm retarded.
>>
File: 20110725.jpg (6KB, 320x179px) Image search: [Google]
20110725.jpg
6KB, 320x179px
> there are people on this board who fell for the prequels are good meme
>>
>>82228457
Hello, reddit.
>>
>>82228418
Rogue One wasn't really about the characters though that's why she's a "passive protagonist", It was about the first hope of the rebellion, stealing teh plans, etc. She's not a mary sue that controls everything immediately, she reacts to a harsh world and does the best she can like any normal person, it's more realistic, regardless not being that good of a movie overall. I liked both slicks but think think guy guy missed the point a bit, interesting vid though.
>>
>>82213941
Despite being pretty boring, parts of it were at least memorable. I don't remember anything about TFA.
>>
>>82228760
Nice try disney shill.

Rogue one is hands down the worst movie in all the 8 movies released so far
>>
>>82213701
Just because the prequels are trash doesn't mean that the new movies aren't also trash. Rogue One was boring. TFA was crappy as a sequel to the original trilogy and crappy as a standalone film. 1 and 2 were absolute garbage, and 3 was OK despite the overarching sense of retardation. I don't get why you guys argue about which bad movie is worse.

There's a video where Mark Hamill himself kind of trashes the new movies, so don't tell me those movies are so great.
>>
>>82223471
No they aren't, also I don't think you know what avant garde means. The fact that those are how you categorize movies shows how much you don't know.
>>
You all are aware that now SW will be released in 100 years in some form, literally ,your grandchildren will fight among some reboot of a reboot on some space forum.
We will literally have better tech than in a movie and Disney will still slice sequels every 2-3 years
>>
The prequels have rewatch value, some cool ideas, memorable lines and a good villain. The new films have literally none of that. In 10 years time no one will even remember them
>>
>>82213701
New ones are mediocre (TFA) to shit (Rogue One), but the prequels are some of the worst movies ever made.
>>
>>82215464
>the gay subplot in the upcoming movies is going to be very low key and easy to remove from the movie with no impact to the story, because it's going to be cut out in Russia and a few other markets.
Why? Russia's the gayest country in Europe and has been since the Middle Ages. In the 18th century Russian nobles held balls for drag queens. Now it's straight?
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 500x750px
I prefer the ones directed by a genius, although they're nonsensical.
>>
>>82214029
newfag
Thread posts: 182
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.