[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars Episode 7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: images.duckduckgo.jpg (162KB, 1179x590px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.jpg
162KB, 1179x590px
What do you guys think about episode 7. Was it good or bad? And why was it such a piece of shit?
>>
So the plot of 8 and 9 are going to be about another spherical device that blows up planets, right? Because having the overall plot revolve around that for 9 movies seems about right
>>
>>82208511
They will do it until people stop giving them money to keep doing it.
>>
>>82208511
This one is going to be even bigger though
>>
>>82208455

it was fun.

thats about it. Good for one or two views but meh.
>>
>>82208580
A star system sized battle station that can blow out the entire galaxy. Very cool.
>>
>>82208644
Maybe they will create a galaxy sized battle station that can blow up the universe.
>>
>>82208697
very cool, personally, I'm very open to that idea, it would be very cool for me, but it would also be very cool if they went in other direction for me. personally.
>>
They wasted a whole movie remaking ANH for no reason, with a Mary Sue protagonis. Huge disappointment.
>>
>>82208455
It was "good".

The characters are good, and can have interesting things done with them for the next movies if done right.

The story was overall blah and redundant. The only interesting parts to the "story" was the character's connection to things. If the characters were as bland as the prequels' characters, this would've been even worse than Attack of the Clones. At least the prequels tried to do something different.

Last Jedi will determine whether this new trilogy was worth it or not. Good characters can only take you so far if the story never gets any good.
>>
>>82208455
It was a piece of fucking garbage and literally everyone who was excited for it should be incinerated. Obvious criticisms of course such as terrible characters and what not, but my biggest beef is that they had three directions they could have gone in to make this an actual half decent movie:

1. Directly continue Luke / Leia / Han's story and retain them as the main characters.

2. Adopt something from the volumes of already written material (i.e. the dredded EU). I don't even give a fuck about the EU and i've never read anything in it, but regardless, somewhere in that garbage heap was a storyline that was already written out and could have helped push the entire mythos forward on the big screen.

3. Use the limitless power of imagination in a sci-fi / fantasy setting to create a whole new memorable story arc. Unlimited planets, aliens, mythological bullshit... they could have done virtually ANYTHING with the story...

But now, they wanted to tap into gullible man children and aging baby boomers who kind of remember these movies and try to swindle as much cash out of them as possible by rehashing the very first movie. There is no salvaging the Star Wars franchise now. Every movie that comes out now will be total and complete trash, and that makes me slightly sad.
>>
>>82209063
These new movies don't need to be about Luke/Han/Leia. It just need to be about the Skywalker family line.

Ben Solo is one, and I imagine Rey ties into them in some way.
>>
>it's like a Death Star... but bigger

Episode 9 will have a Star-Sized Death Star.
>>
It was disappointing to say th least honestly, I didnt really care that the movie repeated the plot points but I was hoping that we'd get to explore the new republic, see some new ships and where the characters were at 30 something years later. We got none of those. The new republic is destroyed and we're left with the Leia and the rebellion again, Han is back to being a smuggler again but feels more like a fan parody of his former self rather then the charming person we first saw so they couldn't even get that right, I'll reserve judgement for Luke. Rey's vision of the knights of ren killing Luke's jedi order and those cool looking guards what the highlight for me and made me wonder why they didn't make the movie about that. It really was a waste they should of just released the original cut of a new hope instead if thier whole m.o was to "remind" people what Star Wars was (as if people forgot Star Wars?). As far as I'm concerned and hope, VIII will be the true episode VII.
>>
>>82208455
It was a good MOVIE, just not a good star wars flick
>>
>>82208511
9 will have it I guarantee it. Screencap this.
>>
>>82211564
Are they going to one-up the Starkiller Base? Build a superweapon the size of a galaxy, maybe?
>>
>>82208455
>they actually went with the "bigger, badder superweapon" EU meme
Starkiller base was probably the dumbest part of the whole movie. The only way to save the concept would have been to let the thing fall into rebel hands and see what they do with it.
>>
Star Wars should have ended with Return of the Jedi. Prequels and Sequels were a mistake.
>>
>>82212237
No it will be just starkiller in construction like in VI.
>>
File: 1421997689934.gif (726KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1421997689934.gif
726KB, 300x168px
>>82209063
>1. Directly continue Luke / Leia / Han's story and retain them as the main characters.
>But now, they wanted to tap into gullible man children and aging baby boomers who kind of remember these movies and try to swindle as much cash out of them as possible by rehashing the very first movie.
>>
>>82208511
The prequels didn't do that shit
The prequels were amazing, compared to the shit we have now and will have for the next 2 movies.
>>
>>82213216

It showed plans of the deathstar
>>
>>82213231
Yeah but that was because everyone already knew it was coming. The Death Star wasn't a main plot point, like in the rest.
>>
I still can't get over how a sect of Imperial remnants managed to construct a Death Star 3.0 without anyone finding out while the dominant political power in the galaxy was only able to field a few dozen X-wings.

It's amazing how the team creating a multi-billion dollar movie put less thought into the setting that the authors of literal cash-in children's books.
>>
>>82209063
>But now, they wanted to tap into gullible man children and aging baby boomers who kind of remember these movies and try to swindle as much cash out of them as possible
The absolute worst part of it is that these idiots would have gone to see it and praised it as the best thing ever no matter what it was about just because it has the brand name slapped on it. They had a free pass to make any movie they wanted and make guaranteed mad dosh from it, and instead of using it to do something new and imaginative that would normally be too risky to get a big budget they shat out the laziest, most designed by committee cash grab possible and killed any hope of something good coming out of the franchise ever again.
>>
>>82213551
They don't know how to do Star Wars without just doing 'rebel underdogs fighting evil empire'
>>
>>82213738
Ya people are retarded for excusing it as "well they needed to test the water and make a safe movie to see if people still wanted Star Wars" no. The movie could of been like the christmas special and it would still have made the money it made and the reviews it got because it was episode fucking VII. They should of got Fincher or Mathew Vaughn and go balls out.
>>
>>82208455
>what did I think of Star Wars episode 7
I hated it. I'm done paying hollywood to force political opinions down my throat.

Women are not strong
Women are not heroes
Women are not determined or inspiring

They are verifiably, factually and demonstrably less intelligent, less inspired, less ingenious and less capable than men in almost every field. I am not now nor will I ever swallow the feminist pill of equality because the two genders very simply are not equal.

That is why I didn't like it. Because Rey was the protagonist. I don't want that, I don't need that and I have had enough of Star Wars in my life if that's the way the franchise is going.
>>
File: 1455659873485.gif (729KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1455659873485.gif
729KB, 267x200px
>>82208455
>people shit on the prequels because "muh original trilogy"
>people praise TFA even though it shits on original trilogy even harder than the prequels

Really ignites the neurons.
>>
>>82216269
>there's an even older and wiser Yoda
>there's an even more evil and powerful galactic space nazi wizard
>there's an even bigger and more powerful planet destroying ball

b-but muh jar jar binks
>>
>>82208455
I like it and it was a good attempt at a soft reboot, though it's marred by some bad decisions. Stuff like the gimmicky cgi monster sequence in the Millenium Falcon or the superweapon that swallows a whole fucking sun and fires seeker lasers visible across the galaxy were poorly thought out. Judgement on various plot points in the movie depend on how they decide to follow them up, but so far it's still a movie I'll revisit now and again.
>>
File: 1493489416455.png (320KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493489416455.png
320KB, 500x500px
>>82215144
do you need a safe space, faggot
>>
It's strange how little focus in the plot the starkiller base had, considering its destructive powers. No one questioned its existence or how the first order managed to build something of that magnitude without anyone noticing. No reference by the bad guys that this technological marvel is they centerpiece of reclaiming the galaxy or somesuch, as if it's just another TIE fighter with backup readily available. In episode 4, the whole movie was centered around the existence of such a superweapon and what it was capable of. What's also strange is how they had nice maps and graphics on how Starkiller Base looks. Did Finn go sit with the "resistance" CGI department for an hour or two, telling them how to make a nice model to display at the planning meeting?

Again, almost the entirety of episode 4 (and rogue one) was spent to get data on that new superweapon, whereas Force Awakens' mcguffin was getting a piece of Luke's travelogue, which was conveniently useless, until R2D2 arbitrarily woke up and provided the rest of the map. If the data was safe with R2D2 in the first place, as apparently no one bothered to check its memory banks in all those years, why cut a chunk out in the first place? I really wonder how this got greenlit by Abrams. The setup could have been easily adjusted without seeming put together without any thought.
>>
Knowing the spoilers from TLJ actually makes TFA a better movie.

Rey says twice in the movie that she doesn't know how she has such powers. First when escaping Jakku, and second when she uses the Jedi mind trick.

Being "The One" explains all her ridiculous Mary Sue powers.
>>
>>82208455
>be the first order
>manage to build a Death Star even bigger than the previous ones while the Republic didn't manage to find out
I mean the first Death Star was already a huge project. Now, a tiny fraction of the Empire manage to build a bigger one?
Is the Republic this incompetent or is the First Order just that good? Either way, I'd rather be governed by the first order.
>>
>>82216967
it explains them, it doesnt make her less of a shit character.
>>
Here's what I don't get about Star Killer Base.

It cant move. So it can literally only be fired twice. It used up the entire sun trying to make it's second shot. It must have taken decades to build that thing, even with automated labor. And for what? To use it twice?
>>
>>82216912
Shit you're right, what the hell was the point of starkiller? The whole movie was trying to find Luke then out of nowhere starkiller comes up, they destroy it and then act like it never happened and continue to look for Luke.
>R2D2 arbitrarily woke up and provided the rest of the map.
I completely forgot about that. This movie is honestly worse than I remember.
>>
>>82208455
It was fine. I liked the characters. The story could've been better though.
>>
The only reasons Death Star III existed was so the movie could have a big climax, no thought beyond that of any implied implications or impact.

Also I guess to blow up Coruscant so JJ could have a take that on the prequels
>>
>>82214711
Which is funny since they had that cartoon series goong for so long.
>>
>>82217096
The point of Starkiller is that it was an unoriginal plot device that conveniently brought together all the lead characters for the third act.

The writers were so fucking lazy that they couldn't think of another way to do this beyond making an infantile Death Star clone.
>>
>>82208697
what aabout a universe sized battle station that can blow up other universes/dimensions? i think it is the direction star wars should follow
>>
>>82217252
Miniaturized Death Stars would work better though.
>>
>>82217210
Say what you will about the prequels, at least there's no super weapon in any of them.
>>
>>82208455
It was a well made product but it mostly lacks true creativity. At least effort was put into its visuals and design. It looks nice, but the story is a re-tread and the tone is all over the place.
>>
File: pussycat.jpg (34KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
pussycat.jpg
34KB, 640x427px
>>82217252
I feel the narrative and story need to progress further beyond. What about an Inter-dimensional death star that can vanquish the space-time continuum completely? It'd be pretty lit senpai. Excuse the pun.
>>
I'm mostly annoyed that somewhere between Episode 6 and 7 they go from the Rebellion, back to a Galatic Republic to an even worst Rebellion.

Shit makes the LEAST sense. Starkiller Base is just fucking stupid, but they shoehorn them back into Rebels somehow.

Like fuck, what gets them to that point would be the interesting part.
>>
>>82217210
Yeah, Starkiller functioning as a mcguffin for the climax battle to happen is a given. What boggles the mind is that the writers didn't embed it properly into the story. Also didn't like how they managed to sneak inside the planetary protection shield in the movie. So now, hyperspace seems to be disconnected from real space, if they can just hyperjump past the shields and then go back to normal speed with pinpoint precision. The old movies made it seem as if they were still part of normal space, just going really fast, making it necessary to compute your way carefully, in order to not hit anything. May as well make missiles based on that principle then. Just rig them to warp past any shield and destroy the vessel/base/whatever.

Something else that makes me scratch my head is why the republic forces are "the resistance". They were already calling themselves that at the beginning of the movie, before the First Order even blew up their planets. Shouldn't they be the dominant force in the galaxy after episode 6? So shouldn't they be calling themselves something along the lines of "the army", "the military" or "republic troops", rather than "the resistance"? Am I supposed to believe that 30 years after episode 6 they still haven't managed to establish a stable government to supplant the empire? How incompetent a politician is Princess Leia and her cohorts?
>>
>>82217502
The sad thing is, there's probably already books in the making that'll attempt to answer those glaring question, as if that was an acceptable solution. Same as people keep telling that the book 'Catalyst' is required reading to properly enjoy Rogue One. "You want the movies to make sense? Here, read those 3 books, 12 comics and 6 background articles beforehand to properly appreciate the story and character motivations".
>>
Rey and Finn are shitty characters. I think that's my biggest problem with TFA. I simply don't care about these two. Poe is alright.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.