[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sunshine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Sadfu Sunshine.jpg (83KB, 824x343px) Image search: [Google]
Sadfu Sunshine.jpg
83KB, 824x343px
>only dream I ever have
>is it the surface of the sun?
>every time I shut my eyes
>it's always the same
>>
>>82207722
I still really like this movie despite the end
>>
>>82207722
yeah why did they have to fuck up the final act so bad?
>>
>>82207722
>just remember it takes eight minutes for light to travel from sun to Earth
>which means you'll know we've succeeded about eight minutes after we deliver the payload
>all you have to do is look out for a little extra brightness in the sky
>so if you wake up one morning and it's a particularly beautiful day
>you'll know we made it
>okay, I'm signing out
>>
When the star we orbit begins to die it will get brighter not dimmer.
>>
>>82207833
And retards say the third act is bad. Fuck em
>>
>>82207722
This was a really good movie up until burned guy with retarded screen filters started showing up.
>>
>>82207793
I agree.

>>82207813
I don't see what is wrong with it. Every argument towards it turning into a horror film, or even a zombie film(?) is overstated and missing any point the film was trying to make.
>>
>>82207922
Right, it was about suicidal religiosity vs muh science

A message muddled, however, by the seemingly prophetic visions from that chick from DAMAGES
>>
>>82207722
Likely the best movie about solving some sort of natural disaster by dropping a bomb on it.
>>
File: sunshine.jpg (91KB, 486x750px) Image search: [Google]
sunshine.jpg
91KB, 486x750px
>>82207964
>Right, it was about suicidal religiosity vs muh science

That is honestly not how I've ever viewed it, though I can see how that perspective arises.

The way I see it, is that isolation in space for extended periods can make us forget the merit in humanities existence, or our own.

It was not his religious beliefs that brought him to do what he did, but he rationalized his psychosis, caused by extended lack of societal interaction, through religion.
>>
File: what do you see.webm (3MB, 800x337px) Image search: [Google]
what do you see.webm
3MB, 800x337px
>>82208465
Boop
>>
>>82207838
Only if it follows the natural lifespan

In Sunshine, the sun gets a supersymmetry in the core that prevents fusion
>>
>>82207722
I love this movie and I forgive the ending

It went too far with the burnt psycho
But his existence makes sense.
They were all falling in love with the Sun as a deity
They couldn't handle it's magnificence.
It was too big for a human mind to handle so those who spent too much time near it, broke.

I get that. Good plot point

The problem was making him too strong and godlike.
That too was like "He was taking on the essence as the sun. He was the sun's avatar" and shit
But nah that didn't work

He should have been a crispy critter that they brought on board trying to save
But he killed the nurse and sabotaged the ship despite being so weak
He was so weak they never suspected he could do it
But he did it anyways

That would have been good
The rest of the conflict would have been 90% the same
The ship is fucked up and they still need to deliver the payload
>>
File: IMAG0745.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0745.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>82208465
From the novelization.
>>
I think adventure/survival/horror genre.
>>
>>82208709
KANEDAAAAAAAAA
>>
Genuinely love this film despite its flaws and Takeda's death scene is really beautiful
>>
>>82209805
So Danny Boyle saved that hack's script.
>>
>>82213193
Ya got that backwards, mate.
>>
>>82212250
TEEEEETSSSSUUUUOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: icarusii.jpg (22KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
icarusii.jpg
22KB, 350x350px
What i never got was how did they originally intend to fly back to earth when the solar shield is located on the payload?
>>
Loved this movie, really pretty CG. Somehow didn't expect it to turn into a slasher.
>>
>>82207793
Same here. I felt betrayed by the ending the first time I saw it. Then, once I knew how it was going to take a left turn to crazy-town in the third act, it was less shocking, and I enjoyed it more.

>>82207813
The first two acts of Sunshine are hard science. They make calculated decisions for everything. Then I think they wanted to go deeper and explore more theological ideals, like the insignificance of humanity. Which is fine, but they handled it really sloppily. It's jarring going from hard science to speculative philosophy, and they didn't really explore it in a natural way. They just added a character who delivered it very bluntly.

>>82209805
It sounds a lot better when you say it like this and not "we wanted to make a slasher film." If they downplayed Mark Strong, maybe killed him a lot earlier in the third act, they could have explored these themes a lot more subtly.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.