[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Waterloo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: WATERLOO.jpg (148KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
WATERLOO.jpg
148KB, 630x1200px
Why is this never discussed? Its the best napoleonic movie, and just a great movie all around. As well as completely free on youtube.

So many great scenes and lines.

>the scene where Wellington and Napoleon are discussing with their subordinates the night before the battle but its shot to look like they are talking to eachother

>Napoleon walking up to the army sent to capture them and telling them they may shoot him if they wish.

>Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won.
>>
>>82207420
Napoleon movies never were ehat Hollywood wanted, that's why. Kubrick cancelled a project for a Napoleon movie and the 6 part story abput Napoleon in 1927 ended up just being the first movie
>>
>>82207420
Sergei Bondarchuk is great, you should check out his seven hour adaptation of War and Peace for more Napoleonic action
>>
>>82207501
If I remember right Kubrick cancelled his movie because Waterloo turned out to be a bust. Fuck me if it isn't one of the best battle scenes ever filmed though.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vlcuvrM1po
>>
>>82207420
>not Master and Commander
>>
>>82207604
I don't remeber why he cancelled, but it was he's most advanced undone project. He studied a lot of history, he made the cast, he made a very carefully script, a shame we will never see that movie
>>
>>82207680
>Napoleon was eventually canceled due to the prohibitive cost of location filming, the Western release of Sergei Bondarchuk's epic film version of Leo Tolstoy's novel War and Peace (1968), and the commercial failure of Bondarchuk's Napoleon-themed film Waterloo (1970). A significant portion of Kubrick's historical research would influence Barry Lyndon (1975), the storyline of which ends in 1789, approximately fifteen years prior to the commencement of the Napoleonic Wars.

I mean if we got Barry Lyndon out of it.
>>
>>82207633
Master and Commander is great but it just isnt as "epic" as Waterloo.

I mean in waterloo you have the soviet army hired to play thousands of extras and have real life cavalry charges and infantry formations created with real people.
>>
>>82207898
Is Waterloo pretty much the last epic in terms of thousands of extras? I mean I normally put Cleopatra as one of the last. But looking at it Waterloo was made about 8 years later.
>>
>>82207783
I think it would be awesome to see another Spartacus-style film by Kubrick
>>
>>82207977
Probably. It is also kinda the reason there are no more since it cost so much to make and made so little in return.
>>
>>82208019
It's a shame Waterloo is a pretty worthy sendoff for the genre. But imagine films like Gladiator or Alexander with the battles fought to scale.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.