[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't leafs handle Netflix?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: Capture.png (544KB, 851x582px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
544KB, 851x582px
Why can't leafs handle Netflix?
>>
File: spiral2.png (534KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
spiral2.png
534KB, 720x540px
>>82205208
why do you pay money for garbage?

an endless wonderful world of mysteries we live in.
>>
Based Canada preventing kids from suffering through this shitty show
>>
>>82205208
Needs a Muslim protagonist if it wants Canada's endorsement.
>>
oh no the tv show girl killed herself so i better

-no one
>>
>>82205208
it doesn't comply with the BM/WW regulations
>>
>be faced with a serious issue effecting your community
>not the show itself, but it is uncountably banned because of the subject matter
>shut down all discussion and cover ears while screaming "LALALA CANT HEAR YOU".
Canada is Canada.
>>
>>82205208
Netflix pulled some real jewery with that ratings overhaul
>all their shitty shows go from 1 or 2 stars to 5
nothing to see here goyim
>>
>>82205208
>show comes out
>everyone watches it
>weeks pass
>BAN IT
I'm sure this will work according to plan.
>>
>>82205666

Impressive, very nice.
>>
>>82205451
>based
>canada
pick one
>>
File: 1488127405864.jpg (300KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1488127405864.jpg
300KB, 1440x810px
>shitty show manages to spark discussion that it might be a good idea to start turning high-schools into an environment that's actually healthy for the development of people

>OH, NOPE GONNA CHANGE TOO MANY THINGS, SHUT IT DOWN GOYIM
>>
>>82205208
Its almost like this is jewish propaganda to encourage young white girls to self insert as the main girl and kill themselves.
Hmmm..
>>
>>82205877
The show is literally just more "OMG women are such victims!" bullshit. If this did anything it'd get guys expelled for complimenting a girls' ass.
>>
>>82205930
It'd be nice if there was a show about a little 4channer who blamed the jews for everything and is never right, but at the end someone bumps him and spills his drink and he bends over and as his gaze scans back upwards he realize he's looking at a jew in the flesh and his eyes just light up.
>>
>>82205451
canada sux cox
>>
I think they're more bothered that there's more than one white character, especially problematic when they're in the lead role.
>>
>>82205208
>Canada stealthily banning all the most virulent (((american))) propaganda for its citizens

Is their depraved multicultural persona just a front to evade detection by the cultural enrichment police?
>>
>>82205208
Post the text of the article you dumb viral cunt.
>>
Canada actually cares about their youth instead of fueling the suicide culture of "troubled" teens in america.
>>
>>82205564
Women committing suicide isn't a serious issue, they don't have brain function required to feel the self loathing and nihilism required for the sickness, they just swallow a bunch of pills and end up in the hospital because they're attention whores.
>>
>>82205208
The real reason they banned it is because it's a really awful show.
All Netflix production in the recent months has been terrible like this.
>>
>>82206207
Yes. BLM has accused Trudeau of being a white supremacist.
>>
>>82205208
Literally says all men are assholes at the beginning of an episode.
>>
>>82206685
I think it is just the general topic of suicide.

The story is about a girl because nobody sympathises for a guy who kills himself, especially schools.
>>
>>82206816
Pretty sure he's a french supremacist, but what would they know.
>>
>>82205495
There's always one, I used to study journalism and we had an entire seminar about how to report suicide properly because if you give too many details fuckwits decide to copycat it
>>
>>82206828
And because the point is to indoctrinate impressionable young men by exploiting their penchant for romantic melodrama to cope with sexual frustration.
>>
>>82207363
How would you know that the entire act was an imitation of the reported suicide, and not just the methodology? The same person who is never presented with an instance of suicide in the news might come up with methods for offing themselves independently.
>>
File: glareee.jpg (28KB, 324x356px) Image search: [Google]
glareee.jpg
28KB, 324x356px
>>82207363
>expecting me to take the opinion of a dirty journalist seriously

you're fake news
>>
>>82205666
When I saw that big influx of celebs tweeting about it when it had been out for a week or so, I knew the writing was on the wall. Nobody watched the piece of shit.
>>
>>82206479
“13 Reasons Why” is causing controversy in Canada after some schools have started warning parents about the graphic nature of the young adult adaptation, despite the show’s positive messages regarding bullying and suicide prevention.

>“The discussion that is unfolding at school is troubling. This series is rated Mature and the theme is the suicide of a high school student. This show includes graphic violence (rape) and gore, profanity, alcohol/drugs/smoking, and frightening/intense scenes,” read the letter. “The purpose of this email is to provide you with this information. Please let your child know that discussion of ’13 Reasons Why’ is not permitted at school due to the disturbing subject matter.”

>The Hamilton Wentworth District School Board took things a step further, claiming on their official website that the show was guilty of the “glamorization of suicidal behavior and [depicting] negative portrayals of helping professionals.”

literally everything in the article could be read by the title
>>
File: kalby.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
kalby.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>doing the only thing that will guarantee every kid will watch the show even if it's just to spite you
>>
>>82207685
lol so basically they recognized the underlying message of legal liability for schools as institutions and want to suppress discussion of the series before the general public comes to the same conclusion about ultimate 'culpability' for Hannah's death as the show writers.
>>
>>82205208
That isn't what that email said at all.
It specifically said that students who watch it should discuss it with adults in order to make sure they udnerstand it properly, and don't think it is glorifying suicide.
That, and it isn't the best idea for already suicidal children to watch it.
>>
>>82205208
It's more that they know all the kids will try and stream it and it'll overload their third world-tier internet grid.
>>
>>82207543
you may not like it but it broke records, people definitely watched it
>>
>>82207461
True, but the media is terrified of litigation about dead kids, it's bad PR
>>
>>82208253
Now schools can be too!

lmao thank christ the founding fathers explicated free speech in the first amendment, I couldn't imagine trying to navigate such a neurotic society without wanting to blow my brains out.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-29_21-30-20.png (155KB, 1066x678px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-29_21-30-20.png
155KB, 1066x678px
>>82205208
What the actual letter says instead of clickbait article

https://www.nasponline.org/resources-and-publications/resources/school-safety-and-crisis/preventing-youth-suicide/13-reasons-why-netflix-series-considerations-for-educators
>>
>>82207485
>posts worst girl
opinion discarded
>>
>>82205208
Leafs know they need to expose kids to only kino
>>
>>82205208
THE VERY FIRST TWO RECCOMMENDATION TELLS YOU TO TALK ABOUT IT

>GUIDANCE FOR EDUCATORS
>1. While we do not recommend that all students view this series, it can be appreciated as an opportunity to better understand young people’s experiences, thoughts, and feelings. Children and
youth who view this series will need supportive adults to process it. Take this opportunity to both prevent the risk of harm and identify ongoing social and behavior problems in the school community that may need to be addressed
>2. Help students articulate their erceptions when viewing controversial content, such as 13 Reasons Why. The difficult issues portrayed do occur in schools and communities, and it is important for adults to listen, take adolescents’ concerns seriously, and be willing to offer to help.
>>
>>82205208

>it's a clickbait article

I want to jam my cock down these peoples throats
>>
>>82205651

It works like Pandora now. Jesus it wasn't to hide scores or anything. If Netflix wanted every show to be 5 stars they wouldn't need to change the vote system. They could have kept stars and just changed them. Not to mention that morons who don't even use Netflix don't understand how it works. Even if you get a show you don't like as rated 99% thumbs up, it's because you've done nothing but like/full watch very similar content. At least as similar as an algorithm can detect. That's why people who like Louis CK and Chapelle specials were getting Amy Schumer as a good match. The computer doesn't incorporate the nuance of irrational hatred.
>>
>>82206828
nah this whole thing is about how men screw her over. It's less about suicide and more about feminist issues.
>>
>>82208134
Yeah. It broke records on twitter. Gee whiz
>>
>>82205208
Nice guys are on the hook now for girls committing suicide because they can't read women's fucked up mixed signals?
>>
>>82205208
they got a lot of snowflakes
>>
>>82208674
The point being that 'scores' for shows now are entirely relative to the user and not a discrete value? Why even pretend to be showing a metric that reflects 'viewer interest' and just let people take for granted that anything netflix is suggesting to them is being offered because it is 99% guaranteed to match their personal tastes?
>>
>>82205564
>>82205495
There have been multiple copycats already because the retarded show creators did the exact OPPOSITE of what the experts they talked to told them to do.

They got told exactly how to approach and address the issue without giving depressed kids any bad ideas, and they went and did NONE of it, but rather did EVERYTHING THEY WERE TOLD TO AVOID.
>>
File: shrug.png (2MB, 1026x770px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
2MB, 1026x770px
>>82210084
oh no, it's almost like they were telling a story instead of convincing weaklings to stay alive.
>>
>>82208674

>irrational hatred
>amy schumer

(((82208674)))
>>
>>82210084
>There have been multiple copycats already b
Proofs?
>>
>>82210084
Maybe they weren't making propaganda?
>>
>>82205208

If you ban your enemy they win.
>>
>>82207908
>>That, and it isn't the best idea for already suicidal children to watch it.
on the contrary, only liberals prefer to bury their heads in the sand
>>
>>82208674

> Told Netflix I liked Superman and Unforgiven.
> I now have a Gene Hackman section.

Could be worse.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.