[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: hjvj.jpg (270KB, 800x1198px) Image search: [Google]
hjvj.jpg
270KB, 800x1198px
What does /tv/ think of this?
>>
>>82196905
It has the best trailer in cinema history
https://youtu.be/HEew7zvpAWE

Just imagine seeing this trailer in 1980 in a cinema without knowing anything about it.
>>
File: 124124.png (255KB, 497x308px) Image search: [Google]
124124.png
255KB, 497x308px
>mfw
>>
Best horror film.
>>
It makes me laugh that Stephen King hates this so much because Kubrick managed to so thoroughly outdo him in storytelling.
>>
>>82197322
It's actually kinda sad.
>>
>>82197322
That's the case with a couple of his film adaptations. It's hilarious.
>>
Not Kubrick's best but, a great film nonetheless
>>
>>82196905
I always thought Jack Nicholson was miscast. Otherwise the atmosphere is god tier.
>>
>>82197322
In his defense, Stephen King doesn't remember much of the 70's and 80's because of all the cocaine he was flying high on.
>>
>>82196905
absolute kino
>>
>>82197484
I always thought Jack was perfect
I couldn't imagine anyone else
>>
>>82198797
My main issue with the way he plays it is that he's unhinged right from the start. He seems to be on the verge of murdering his family well before they get to the hotel.
>>
>>82198840
That's what makes it suspenseful for me. I was given no reason to trust him, so I was just waiting for him to blow up, but it doesn't happen until the very end. Perfectly done imo
>>
File: shining edit.png (778KB, 798x1196px) Image search: [Google]
shining edit.png
778KB, 798x1196px
I love this movie but the silly face on the poster makes it look stupid. I just spent 8 minutes on MS Paint fixing it.
>>
>>82199300
That looks way worse in my opinion.
I just think the big T makes it look retarded
the face is pretty sp00py breh just leave it be
>>
>>82196978
g.o.a.t. sound effects
>>
>>82196905
One of the best:
Music
Acting by Jack Nicholson
Sound Mixing
Editing
Suspense
Psicological Horror
Ending
Telling the story of three people becoming crazy in different ways
>>
Best thing about this film is how it creeps on you slowly but surely.
>>
>>82196905
Anyone who doesn't like it needs a good talking-to. If you don't mind my saying so.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.