[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>nothing happens: the movie How they fucked up so badly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 34

File: image2.jpg (1MB, 1688x2500px) Image search: [Google]
image2.jpg
1MB, 1688x2500px
>nothing happens: the movie

How they fucked up so badly
>>
>>82195116
Go home /tv/, you're drunk.
>>
>>82195116
Closure with parental figures
Closure with sisters trying to kill each other
Joining of every ravager faction
A race spanning a few planets now on the GOTGs ass

yeah nothing
>>
>>82195116

i enjoyed the banta, you boring twit

7/10
>>
File: on_color_large.png (25KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
on_color_large.png
25KB, 310x310px
i loved the baby groot, he is so damn CUTE
>>
>>82195116
>Hey did you like that part from the last movie? Well here it is again but drawn out: the movie

>also everyone has a sad backstory
>>
>>82195116
I liked it. It was fun. Liked Ego too. He was truly an exceptional bad man. Liked that bit at the end, "Hey may have been your father, but he's not your daddy."

Had me tears, that.

And I'm a man of steel defender because I liked it. I also liked BVS, it was weaker but awesome. GOTG2 was great.
>>
>we know that Ego gave Starlords mother cancer
>his orphan father dies
>sisters make up and become friends again

I actually agree OP, if they killed off half the main cast then it would've been worth watching
>>
>>82196057
>>82196148
>>82196370
It wasn't nothing, it was just poorly executed rubbish.
>>
> The Gaurdians are in a serious scenario, possibly facing immediate death.

> One member makes a comment completely unrelated to the scenario at hand, often vulgar or sexual. This often leads to another member responding and creating an ever increasingly crude conversation ending with either a scat joke or a phallic joke.

>Another member is disgusted and asks why they are talking like this in such a serious scenario.
>>
>>82198208
>Another member is disgusted and asks why they are talking like this in such a serious scenario.

This is the worst part
>>
Was a classic second movie. Nothing of import happens, personal issues are resolved and several set ups for the next one.
>>
>>82198208
This only happens like once with le ebin turd, twice if you count the whole tape situation at the end
>>
>>82198547
DO YOU HAVE A PENIS?

Ew Drax seriously?
>>
>>82198547
The tape situation was funny.

What really SUCKS about the movie is that they aren't even trying, but still they got more X-Men than X-Men and more StarWars than Starwars. and they do all this with their lighthearted jokes and stupid moments.
breddy gud/10 would watch again.
Wish ep VIII was half as good.
>>
File: tape situation.jpg (142KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
tape situation.jpg
142KB, 408x408px
>>82198750
>The tape situation was funny.
What the fuck did you just say about the tape situation?
>>
>>82197242
I'll repeat.

Go home /tv/, you're drunk.
>>
>>82196148
This. Also, we've just found out Star Lord is half a fucking Celestial.
This is very important in the overall MCU scheme taking into consideration all heroes are close to coming together to stop Thanos and I doubt it'll never be mentioned or used again.
>>
I guess I'm a sap, but I liked the blatant emotional manipulation the film goes for. I thought it was effective.
I can take or leave the jokes, but some were funny.
It's also very pretty in places, with one shot I especially liked. The fact that it's done with computers and grading and wasn't 'real' cinematography didn't stop it from looking nice in bits.
It's not cancer, and I don't even think it's reddit, it's just a corporate as fuck modern movie made by a guy who really genuinely wanted to make it, instead of being a director-for-hire.
>>
>>82198950
The first one was good, a breath of fresh air: this one was made by committee and it shows.
>>
>>82199116
He lost his Celestial powers when Ego got blown up
>>
>>82199116
He can't do any more celestial stuff with Hoff and the planet dead
>>
>>82199147
>made by committee
I guess they could all by lying to sell the marketing, but everything we know about says this isn't the case; Gunn and the Russos have a much greater freedom than most studio cash cow movies.
>>
I just got back from seeing a sneak preview, does /tv/ already have all the spoilers they want?
>>
SHUT YOUR HEATHEN MOUTH

IT HAD PLENTY OF QUIPS

ALL I NEED ARE QUIPS
>>
>>82199222
>a sneak preview
Motherfucker it's on general release in multiple countries
>>
>>82199147
>it shows
In what parts/plot points, specifically? I mean, even if we somehow found out you're right and it was made by committee you'd think they'd try to shoehorn in some unnecessary Infinity War lead-ins, don't you think? The movie has flaws of course, but being explicitally made by committee really wasn't one of them IMO.
>>
>>82199147
Don't know about you blubber mouth. But I've always loved the otherworldliness of marvel. I could give a shit about earth and the rest of those losers. Give me Stuff inspired by Jim Starlin. Loved the hell out of Strange and I loved this. There was a celestial on board, for all of forty minutes. That must account for something. Hold ON, You wanted a grounded story about stroink wymen and faggots, am i right?
>>
File: 1493252656700.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1493252656700.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>82196057
Nice reddit meme
>>
>>82199253
Well that's pretty dumb. I'm in burgerland so I got a free sneak preview through my job but I guess it wasn't that special. Oh well.
>>
>>82182517
too late
the other thread died while i was watching the movie so ill gonna post here
everything was pretty predictablelike ego being evil or like jondu dieing at the end
overall the movie was ok, nothing too special
the best thing was drax beeing pretty funny
>>
I thought it was pretty decent, worth the ticket. But it's also one of the most awkward movies I've ever watched. They're just standing around and suddenly the music gets sad and a character starts talking about what their problems in life are even though no one asked them. It presents the conflicts in some of the worst ways I've ever seen. Also, Drax doesn't have a fight scene but Nebula and Gomora have several
>>
>>82199189
>>82199187
It's like you guys missed the part when he held an infinity Gem and was able to redirect its power at an enemy. After training with Papa, he's liable to be able to absorb Cosmic power again. That was cosmic power he held on to and not the ordinary kind of cosmic power either, that was Celestial Matter Manipulation Cosmic power. The same kind his daddy was able to manipulate.
>>
>>82199346
Drax was awesome as hell in this. He literally kicked it out of the solar system.
>>
>>82199354
I really enjoyed the developing of Nebula/Gamora's relationship, though.
>>
How is Bautista the best comedic actor of 2017? He should've started acting long ago.
>>
>Zune
The service died in 2011. I guess it was a joke. But I was curious to see him react to a device holding that many songs.

So why doesn't Peter/Starlord go back to Earth? Does he feel like he does not belong there or something?
>>
File: Yondu.png (4MB, 2136x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Yondu.png
4MB, 2136x1080px
F
>>
>>82199438
The movie barely had time for any of the characters, so I think they should've cut that from the film. Yondu was the only one the movie gave me time to care about.
>>
>>82196669
wud u fug teen groot?
>>
>>82199260
baby groot
memeing drax
drax doesn't fight
gril powah
evil white male villain
le ebil villains getting blowed up reel funny makin' funny faces
pucking pacman, for gawd's sake!
>>82199260
Uuuuh, yer mad - don't be mad. That just looks silly.
>>
>>82199369
well he was just able to do the stuff with then infinity gem cause he was part celestial,
after his fahter died he should be a regular human
so no infinity gem shenanigans anymore
>>
>>82199468
it's already been leaked that he's back for infinity war
>>
>>82199468
One of the surprise highlights of the movie desu. Everything about him was really great and it sucks that's he's dead now

F
>>
>>82199346
Even if you don't know who Ego is from the comics, the film goes out of it's way to make you distrust him. Ignoring his world and his show and tell picture perfect shit, the first thing Peter does is say he thinks he's shady af and Gamora and Drax spend their entire time trying to find out what he's deal is.
And then Mantis basically reveals he's evil like 20 minutes later. It's not supposed to be a huge twist.

Yondu is telegraphed early as fuck as well, even in his first scene he's basically dead to his life as a ravager. That only leaves him two options if his character was developed. And they took one of them.
>>
>>82199544
Is he a force ghost now?
>>
>>82199511
Apart from Baby Groot, it didn't really feel more pandering than any other Hollywood movie
>>
>>82199455
>I guess it was a joke
You think?
>>
>>82195116
havent seen it and will hide this thread after i post this to avoid reading spoilers but if drax and mantis become a thing rather than drax and nebula i will hate this movie
>>
>>82199552
Him killing people from the camera room has got to be the best scene in the movie.
>>
>>82199455
Pretty much. Yondu even points out in the first movie that Quill has a spaceship and could've gone back to Earth any time he wanted.
>>
>>82199552
>marvlel is criticized about the lack of meaningful antagonists
>kills based Yondu
>>
I wonder what the heroes back on Earth think about the alien plant fucking up a city by expanding.
>>
>>82199582
One of the villains of INFINITY WAR is a master ruseman who creates illusions and shit.
>>
>>82199511
Baby Groot for sure, the rest is I'm sorry to say, just your prejudices.
>>82199582
Infinity gems can do anything, he either literally gets brought back or it'll be some gem mind-fuckery. Between Mind, Soul, Time and Reality, he could be back in anything from a flashback to a literal resurrection.
>>
>>82199666
now they won't abuse him like Loki, at least.
>>
>>82199511
>evil white male villain
And what the fuck was wrong with that you fucking assbandit? Kurt Rusell looked like some sort of evil Zeus, and that was awesome.
>>
>>82199684
Yondu will be used as an illusion to emotionally fuck with Peter, calling it now
>>
How bad did they shoehorn the rockdad music?
>>
what was the after credits scene?
>>
>>82199757
there were 5 after credits scenes. Not even joking
>>
>>82199728
If a 1 is not at all and 10 is Suicide Squad level I would give it a 6
>>
>>82199757
Groot being an edgy teenager

Random grunt gets impaled by dude trying to use Yandu's whistle spear thing

Adam Warlock tease by the yellow amazon chick

Stan Lee talking to the Watchers on the moon
>>
>>82199757
Kraglin practices with the magic arrow, fucks up and spikes Drax

Stallone gets his old Ravager team back together

Ayesha reveals she'd made Adam Warlock to destroy the Guardians

Groot is now a teenage edgelord

The Watchers abandon Stan Lee in space while he begs them not to go and that he has more stories to tell
>>
>>82199757
4 joke ones, 1 has to do with either Avengers 3 or 4 (or both).
>>
so why did he give her cancer
what possible reason could he have for doing that?
he was basically ready to go along with him before that
>>
>>82199793
I liked that format better. Everyone's used to the after credits scene but waitng 6 minutes for credits to scroll at a glacial pace is just annoying and makes you resent the people listed after the main actors.

Spreading it out made it a lot more tolerable.
>>
>>82199867
He didn't want to be tempted away from his endgame.
>>
>>82199867
I think it was so he wouldn't be tempted to abandon his mission and settle down
>>
>>82199720
Nothing wrong per se other than that's a committee choice, not a creative one. Of course KR is awesome. His character was created by a committee for mass appeal. Reed better, goi.
>>
>>82199728
Well, all the songs are literally played in the film from a music device. One is played twice, the second time it isn't, it's just on the soundtrack, but it comes in kinda cool.

So I guess it's forced in that they literally insert sound systems and talk about putting tunes on - one of the first lines is Rocket saying he's brought a PA so they can listen to tunes - but it's not forced in that they jam in music constantly in obnoxious ways.
>>
>>82199873
I actually heard there were 5 before I went and saw the movie and it wasn't as obnoxious as I pictured it.
>>
>>82199873
I agree. If all Marvel movies did this it'd be fine.

>>82199910
>>82199931
Plus he was clearly batshit.
>>
>>82199867
Her pussy game was so strong he would've cracked and abandoned his plan to become a wizard and gone back to her if she was still alive.
So the bitch had to go.
>>
File: 4355057-adamwarlockborn.jpg (365KB, 750x353px) Image search: [Google]
4355057-adamwarlockborn.jpg
365KB, 750x353px
>>82199757
>>
>>82199950
And of course you wouldn't be complaining if Chris Pratt's dad was a woman or a black guy. It would make perfect sense.
>>
File: thanos.png (359KB, 700x229px) Image search: [Google]
thanos.png
359KB, 700x229px
>>82199851
>google Adam Warlock
>get pic related
Whelp, guess I don't need to watch Avengers vs Thanos
>>
File: ffs.png (491KB, 442x600px) Image search: [Google]
ffs.png
491KB, 442x600px
>>82199524
>"If one of my parent dies then I lose half their genes instantly"
>>
>>82200050
Google Drax rips out Thanos' heart.
>>
>>82199950
>that's a committee choice, not a creative one
>Why is Starlord's father white?!!!!11

I would have used a white male as a villain too desu. Take off your /pol/ goggles famalam. Also for next movie we'll have this:
>>82200050
>>
>>82199728
Enough for 3 Spotify playlists which hipsters will 'discover' and claim it's the 'best thing ever'.
>>
File: Laura Haddock.jpg (70KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Laura Haddock.jpg
70KB, 600x600px
>>82200036
Then he'd be complaining about a woman or black guy banging Peter's hot ass white mother.
>>
>>82199972
As someone who had to pee since one hour into the movie I found it very obnoxious. There were so much credits between them too.
>>
File: thanos-drax-103589.png (1MB, 600x915px) Image search: [Google]
thanos-drax-103589.png
1MB, 600x915px
>>82200086
Neat, who's the fairy waifu?
>>
>>82199524
Regular humans don't channel celestial energy, my good chap. He's literally a conduit of celestial energy. Superman was trapped beneath the earth once, for decades. Under all that pressure, his body, unable to move, started absorbing all forms of energy instead of the basic solar radiation. Essentially Superman became Earth powered. Gravity and Earth bound radiations became his source. Star Lord's literally no different. He only needs a source. Or, he could literally learn to manipulate the energy around him. He's his father's son. It's only a matter of time.
>>
File: 83060-3-1491036871.jpg (32KB, 600x242px) Image search: [Google]
83060-3-1491036871.jpg
32KB, 600x242px
>>82200118
Thought she was nekked from the thumbnail
>>
>>82195116
>Capeshit normie flick version of Farscape
>>
>>82200131
That scene could really use a quip
>>
If I were ego I'd have waited a few hundred years before inducting Peter into my plan. Let him experience how fleeting and insignificant mortal life is like you have.
He was millions of years old, he could have waited for Peter to get some perspective.
>>
wasn't thanos killing EGO?

wtf
>>
>>82200102
Wham Bam is a great song. The Fleetwood Mac songs is also great but I knew that one from before.
>>
>>82200192
>Thanos is literally quipping as he sees his heart being ripped out of his chest
>>
>>82199950
Do you know what a celestial is? You know the Beyonder at one time as an edgy teenager. This was probably before you were born so I digress.
>>
>>82198208
This was my biggest gripe with the film. It lacked emotional depth because it refused to go all out.

>MCs father figure is dead
>he starts making jokes about talking cars at his funeral to lighten the mood

When arrow guy died, I had trouble believing the scene because it never felt like the two were ever given much of a chance to really care for each other. They were both in Space, abd Peter was sobbing, but it all felt so forces. Also, his death was telegraphed like a motherfucker.

It was an alright film though. I expected cheap entertainment, and that's what I got. Not disappointed.
>>
So who is gonna get the killing blow on Thanos? Gotta be Hulk, Cap or Iron Man. It's not gonna be Drax like my nerd friend keeps saying
>>
>>82200186
Farscape guy was even in it.
>>
>>82200231
The movie introduced me to "Wham Bam" and "Brandy" and I enjoy both songs.
>>
>>82200141
Why would he be no different? Not only is he a different species, he's from a different franchise. The rules are different.
>>
>>82200245
A combination of Cap, Stark, Drax and Nebula.
>>
>>82200245
Gamora forgives her father and he goes to space prison
>>
>>82195116
I am at the part where they went to space dads home, and some gangsters are attacking rackoons ship.

Will it get better? It is nothing like the first one so far, it is like a movie for a 9gagleddit audience
>>
>>82200257
Ben Browder was in it?
>>
File: 1491835314762.png (131KB, 244x404px) Image search: [Google]
1491835314762.png
131KB, 244x404px
>DAE hate the mcu? Gosh, I wish they still made standalone movies! Everything is an ad for the next one!
>wtf nothing happens? Why no ties to other movies, its supposed to be connected >:(
>>
>>82200196
He needed a battery, and fast, and the more time pass, the more deadly situations Peter get into. If he didn't save him from the Golden Fuckers he would have died already.
>>
>>82200245
Groot's gonna jar jar binks him
>>
>>82200313
You can stop after Yondu breaks free from prison. Pretty neat action in that scene
>>
>>82200245
I hope it is a combo of characters but knowing the MCU it'll probably just be Iron Man.
>>
>>82200273
Brandy was also pretty great, I agree, though Wham Bam was the only one that made me want to check what song it was as it was playing in the movie.
>>
>>82200331
Yeah, he was part of the golden god people
>>
>>82200332
this desu senpai
>>
>>82200334
Couldn't he just go back to Earth and knock up another human?
>>
I liked it, but it didnt feel as fresh as the first one.

My favourite thing about GotG and Spiderman 1-3 is how a former b movie director is in charge of a superproduction and decides to cast their less succesful brothers and their old partners in crime.

Raimi gave Bruce Campbell small roles, but Gunn gave based Rooker one of the films greatest characters. That kind of thing makes me aprreciate the flick.
>>
>>82200401
Didn't you see the pile of children corpses in the cavern ? Peter is like one in a million (or more, i don't remember).
>>
>>82200332
This. Gunn kept repeating it'd have minimal connection to the rest of the MCU before it came out, and people were saying that's a good thing
>>
>>82200363
Strong people like Hulk, Thor and Drax are gonna hold him down. Iron Man and other projectile heroes are gonna shoot beams at Cap's shield which makes a super beam that is redirected into Thanos.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZHUif2wCF4

the only end scene for now
>>
>>82200331
Yah. As a golden turd video games commander
>>
>>82200293
We're talking about batteries/conduits. Superman's a conduit battery thingy, he absorbs solar radiation and uses it to do stuff. In the comics he could grab you at super speed and not obliterate you because he'll learn to extend his electro magnetic netting around thereby bending the space around you. it's only for the briefest of moments and you're literally cushioned into his super sonic space time instead of SPLATT due to all that kinetic violence.
Star Lord held an infinity stone. By all accounts he should have died. Well, everyone in his troop is special. Drax is special, As is Gamora, as is Rocket, as is Star Lord himself. Combined they were able to defeat whats his face and seal the stone. Second film, His daddy's a celestial who channels his power through Star Lord or Star Lord absorbs enough of it and figures out how to manipulate it. Either way, he's a conduit. Not a battery, but like superman he could redirect cosmic energy. So they're no different.
>>
>>82200414
Apart from Kraglin, Taserface and the guy who gets airlocked, (who're actual actors), all the other Ravagers who spoke or got close ups are Gunn's irl random friends.
>>
who is the villain?
>>
>>82200471
So what's with this Donald Duck character? Any capefags wanna spoonfeed me?
>>
>>82200414
It's nice when every casting choice isn't just whoever is popular this year.
>>
>>82200511
He's the Bombadil of the mcu
>>
>>82200511
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

is a character like deadpool, if you know what i mean
>>
>>82196148
AN ENTIRE RACE AFTER THE GUARDIANS, HOW WILL THEY GET OUT OF THIS MESS!!!

TUNE IN IN 2019 AND SPEND MORE MONEY FOR A CONCLUSION YOU FUCKING GOYIM
>>
>>82200502
big bad is Ego, Kurt Russell
other bads are Ayesha (Debicki), tertiary antagonist who sets up the next movie and Taserface, secondary antagonist who's a total cunt and basically wrecks everything for everyone
>>
>>82200511
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_the_Duck

Didn't need to be a capefag for that one. The worst degenerate film that was mde in the 80's.
>>
>>82200471
That was from the first movie tho. He has a cameo in the new movie also.
>>
>>82200414
Yeah, that's pretty based of Gunn
>>
>>82200511
Everyone who responds has never read a Howard comic in their lives.
>>
its obvious theyll kill cap by him somehow having to die in order for the final attack to also hit thanos
>>
>>82200639
Yeah what fucking fags
>>
"your name is tazer face?"
"that is right"
"do you shoot tazers out of your face?"

BRAVO MARVEL

BRAVO
>>
>>82200639
>Implying you would ever need to gobble down on comic book cock for the dumbed down versions they make in the films.
>>
>>82195116
>movie is about the characters relationships and not le fighting le big bad to get le mcguffin

too deep for DCucks
>>
File: Infinity Gauntlet #6.jpg (3MB, 3840x2905px) Image search: [Google]
Infinity Gauntlet #6.jpg
3MB, 3840x2905px
>>82200687
None of you faggots saying what is obvious and what isn't about fighting Thanos know what you're talking about.
>>
I think everyone's playing down the real grimness of the film

It literally ends with Stan Lee begging people not to leave him alone, he tries to get them to stay by saying he has more stories in him yet

You fucking know this stupif shot of him in a 50s spacesuit pleading to a buncha special effects is gonna get played when he dies.
>>
>>82200794
Yeah, as interested as I am in the next two Avengers movies I honestly have no idea how they'll handle their battle.
>>
>>82200489
in the movie it is stated that ego is the source of the energy, star lord is able to control it because he is his son
i think ego even says that if star lord destroys him(ego) the source of the power vanishes and he(starlord) is a regular human again
>>
>>82200639
>make shit pun
>be ironic
>break the 4 wall
>>
>>82200731
Wait that's what he says in the english version ?!
Oh boy, wait til you hear the french translation...
>>
>>82200848
I dont think anyone does considering the comic had a bunch of lead up all revolving around characters completely unrelated to the Avengers. So it cant focus on them, and with their cast it would have to be an original story.
>>
>>82200118
Wait she played his mom? I didn't even notice. She's in The new Transformers movie too
>>
>>82200937
Wait till what? It's not like any of us are gonna know unless you tell us
>>
>>82200794
>bunch of floating giant heads shooting head beams

what the fuck drugs were they doing when they drew that garbage
>>
>>82200889
Just checked the wiki and it looks like he's a cartoon character rather than a super hero character so he's fine. You wouldn't get mad at Calvin and Hobbes for doing the same thing, right?

Deadpool and Squirrel Girl can both fuck right off tho
>>
>>82200937
I don't speak white flag.
>>
The first film basically lifted me out of a depression, so I hold it in high regards.

I had a lot of fun with Vol 2. I'm also happy that it's a standalone followup and not an interconnected expansion to the Avengers stuff.
>>
File: 1491831454702.png (756KB, 858x355px) Image search: [Google]
1491831454702.png
756KB, 858x355px
>>82201021
If you cant into cosmic gods, you cant into capeshit.
>>
>>82201087
You'd probably like Redline, an anime movie.The full movie is on youtube
>>
Full spoilers if you care, part one
>Opens with de-aged Kurt Russell showing Peter's mom an alien flower he's planted in Missouri
>34 years later the Guardians listen to Fleetwood Mac while fighting a monster on the planet of the Sovereign people (gold skinned dudes). Rocket steals some precious batteries from them. In payment for killing the monster, Ayesha gives them Nebula.
>Ayesha immediately finds out Rocket stole the batteries and sends her fleet to kill the Guardians. They almost succeed but are stopped by Ego, who wrecks the Sovereign fleet. The Milano is all fucked up tho and crashes.
>Ego arrives, tells Peter he's his father and invites him to his planet. Peter doesn't trust Ego, but goes, taking Gamora and Drax with him for back up. Rocket and Groot get left to fix the Milano and guard Nebula.
>Ayesha hires Yondu to capture the Guardians for her. Yondu is depressed with his life and gets a shock when he runs into Sly Stallone, who was an old buddy of his. Sly is the chief of the Ravager clans, who exiled Yondu and his clan for breaking the space pirate code not to slave trade children. Yondu tries to make friends but Sly tells him to go fuck himself.
>Peter and the others go to Ego's planet. Ego reveals he is the actual planet and tells them he is a Celestial. He formed a body and explored the galaxy with it as he thought he was alone. He loved finding people and enjoyed life, then he fell in love with Peter's mom. He had to leave, but hired Yondu to go get Peter. Yondu instead kept him (Peter says it was because he was skinny and Yondu wanted to use him to break into places). Ego has been looking for Peter. Ego tells Peter he can have Ego's powers (godlike when on the planet) and the two of them can travel the galaxy building great things. Peter decides to stay and learn more
>Drax makes friends with Mantis (Ego's assistant), but Gamora does not trust her. Peter and Gamora develop their relationship a bit.
>>
>>82201120
Did anyone notice dancing Jeff Goldblum during the credits? It made me think one of the upcoming post-credits scenes was gonna be about Thor Ragnarok but no.
>>
these movies are fucking terrible, shit jokes,shit effects,shit characters and story,shit editing everything is garbage
>>
>>82201293
Wow, you listed a bunch of things and called them shit. WTF I hate marvel now?
>>
>>82201020
>>82201083
You're right, that was dumb on my part.

So his name in the french version is pronounced "Tazer Fesse". The whole joke revolving around the fact that Fesse means "Butt" in french. Yeah.
>>
>Yondus pen kills everyone

Why is this entertenaing? They have no chance. At least when Schwarzenegger killed people they showed som resistance.

This movie is so depressing, it is a DC tier shit.
>>
File: Volume 2.jpg (724KB, 1404x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Volume 2.jpg
724KB, 1404x2048px
Thought this was interesting. Casting close-calls.

>Joel Edgerton, Eddie Redmayne, Jensen Ackles, Jack Huston, Cam Gigandet, Sullivan Stapleton, Logan Marshall-Green, Garrett Hedlund, Chris Lowell, James Marsden, Jim Sturgess, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Aaron Paul, Michael Rosenbaum, Wes Bentley, John Krasinski, Lee Pace and Glenn Howerton auditioned for Star-Lord before Chris Pratt was cast. Pace was later cast as Ronan the Accuser.

>Gina Carano, Olivia Wilde, Rachel Nichols, Thandie Newton, Elizabeth Banks and Adrianne Palicki auditioned for Gamora before Zoe Saldana was cast.

>Jason Momoa was approached for Drax, but refused to cut his hair for the role. Djimon Hounson, Brian Patrick Wade and Isaiah Mustafa auditioned before Dave Bautista was cast. Hounson was later cast as Korath the Pursuer.

>Gal Gadot auditioned for Nebula before Karen Gillian was cast.

>Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler and David Tennat were approached to voice Rocket before Bradley Cooper was cast.

>Matthew McConaughey was approached to play Ego, but ultimately declined, and Kurt Russell was cast at Chris Pratt's suggestion. Liam Neeson and Gary Oldman were also considered.
>>
>>82201287
wasnt the collector also dancing ?
>>
>>82201087
Yeah, I've been seeing some people online complaining about the movie feeling like filler or like OP, saying "nothing happens". But that's one of the parts I enjoyed the most, how standalone it is from the rest of the universe. I think it's a nice change of pace plus the character development we got due to the episodic kind of plot in this is really welcome and was done well.
>>
>>82201367
That thing seemed ridiculously powerful. He could probably solo Thanos
>>
GOTG and Daredevil are the best things to come out of the MCU so far.
>>
>>82201323
>WTF I hate marvel now?

good, the mcu is shit, just an assortment of homogenized tone,pace,characters throughout 15+ movies,get your brain checked if you think thats normal
>>
>>82201574
Can't wait for Daredevil to have a hallway fight with thanos.
>>
File: mpc-hc 2015-12-12 16-43-03-242.jpg (648KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc 2015-12-12 16-43-03-242.jpg
648KB, 1920x1080px
>>82201574
I like those, but I also really really like Ant Man and Wasp
>>
File: 1432592140118.jpg (42KB, 372x516px) Image search: [Google]
1432592140118.jpg
42KB, 372x516px
>>82201614
>screeches autistically
If I wasnt wrong before, I sure am now.
>>
>>82201274
>Yondu captures Rocket and Groot, but most of the Ravagers mutiny when he decides to hand them to someone other than Ayesha (who wants to kill them) for a smaller bounty. Nebula knocks out Yondu so his side automatically lose I guess. Taserface (the new leader) kills all of Yondu's loyalists and locks him and Rocket up. Groot they just bully. Nebula then takes a Ravager fighter ship to go find and kill Gamora.
>Ego begins to train Peter in his powers.
>Groot and Kraglin (who changes sides) free Yondu and Rocket. Yondu and Rocket massacre all the Ravagers, then start warp jumping at ludicrous speed to get to Ego.
>Nebula arrives and tries to kill Gamora. After they fight they kind of make up when Nebula dumps her character baggage on the audience.
>The sisters then discover a cave of thousands of child skeletons and realise Ego is evil.
>Mantis gives up Ego's plan, which he is also telling Peter, whom he has bewitched to believe him. Ego wants everything in the galaxy to be him, so has planted Ego seeds on all the planets. He just doesn't have the power to activate them by himself, so needs another Celestial. He has therefore been fucking all over the galaxy to make kids, which he has Yondu bring to him. However they were all duds, so he killed them. Eventually Yondu found out what Ego was doing so didn't take Peter and saved him by kidnapping him and raising him. He reveals he actually did love Peter's mom, so much he almost gave up his plan and settled down with her. To stop himself doing that, he killed her by giving her cancer.
>This breaks Peter out of his trance and he refuses to help. Ego regrets that he now has to force Peter to help him. He uses Peter as a battery and activates all the Ego plants, which start fucking up all the planets
>Rocket and Yondu etc arrive and everyone starts fighting Ego. They tunnel to his brain and realise they don't have a weapon strong enough to kill him
>>
>>82201649
Yeah, Ant-Man was a lot of fun. I thought the comedy aspects were also handled better than a lot of the other MCU movies as well.
>>
>>82201696
not an argument my man
>>
File: 86564.jpg (70KB, 393x325px) Image search: [Google]
86564.jpg
70KB, 393x325px
>gamorra you are bad cause when we were younger we had competitions and you always won, and you didn't let me win, in this way I never got a sister I neeed

stop marvel I can't watch this more
first marvel movie I am considering to stop watcing
>>
>>82201614
Learn to fucking type, you obnoxious cunt.
>>
>>82201796
Neither is a listing off things and calling them some variation of shit
>>
>>82201816
who gives a shit, faggot.
>>
>>82201815
You forgot the part where after losing, Nebula would be tortured, have parts of her body ripped out then replaced with random robotic ones by her own insane father.
>>
>>82200937
>Regarder des films en VF.
Absolument dƩgoƻtant.
LittƩralement plƩbƩien.
>>
>>82201746
Then Rocket remembers the gold people batteries he stole, which go off like nukes. He makes the bomb, which Groot has to plant as he's the only one small enough to get to the brain.
>The gold people show up (Taserface told them where to go before he died) and so we have a massive fight. Everyone gets split up and have to make their own ways to the surface during the fight once the bomb is planted. Kraglin has to take off as Ego starts to attack the ship, leaving Rocket, Groot, Yondu and Peter behind.
>Yondu (who Rocket has bonded with) makes Rocket leave with Groot. Rocket only has one spare jetpack and spacesuit, which he gives to Yondu. Rocket and Groot get onto the ship in time. Gamora goes to jump off as Peter isn't with them, but Rocket knocks her out. All the team bar Yondu and Peter, including Mantis and Nebula, get to safety.
>Ego and Peter have a super saiyan fight, eventually the bomb goes off and Ego dies.
>Yondu rescues Peter and flies him up into space away from the collapsing planet. He slaps the spacesuit (a forcefield) onto Peter as they enter space. Peter is forced to watch, screaming and helpless, as Yondu dies saving him.
>"He may have been your father, but he ain't youd daddy."
>Everyone has a funeral for Yondu. Rocket sent a message to Sly Stallone explaining what Yondu did, so Stallone and all the other Ravagers show up and accept Yondu back as one of them
>Kraglin says Peter is the captain now, film ends
>post credits:
>Stallone getting his OG squad back together
>Groot is a teenager
>Kraglin can't into arrows
>Ayesha has made Adam Warlock
>Stan Lee is left in space by the Watchers
>>
Why no one is complaining about the complete missing fight scene

>There is a fight!
>Better focusing on grood

And this shit keeps for all the film ffs
>>
>>82199147
No, fuck off. The second one is better, way more character-driven and emotional.
>>
>>82202020
Pas de sƩance en VO... Et une seule sƩance non-3D par jour dis toi.
>>
>Groot waving at Gamorrah in the middle of the opening fight

Gotta admit, I liked that.
>>
>>82199455
>So why doesn't Peter/Starlord go back to Earth?

Posts like this make me worried about /tv/ in general. Your question is actually addressed directly in the movie so how the fuck could you miss it?
>>
What was space dads points?

I didn't understand, maybe I am too dumb for this.
>>
>>82202117
Overloaded with quips, lol baby groot so cute, we sista now, Chris Pratt's Terrible acting, lol raccoon so cunt and emotional
Shit movie
>>
>>82202193
It's not a good reason though
>>
"You're the sea, Peter!"

Fuck me, did this movie give you the feels in such unexpected ways.
>>
>>82202136
Dans quel trou du cul paumƩ habites-tu ?
>>
>>82200492
kraglin is his brother.
>>
>>82202275
4 u
>>
>>82202207
Muh reason for live
Something something something battery >can't do it alone
>>
>>82202214
Speaking of Rocket I've just checked e621 and there's no new art. What gives? Was he just a fotm character?
>>
>>82202278
The ending made me catch tons of feels desu, with that Cat Stevens song playing. It was overall more emotional than I anticipated actually, I thought that was nice
>>
>>82202207
He was a god on his planet, so he wanted to make every planet like it so that he was god on more planets even if it killed everyone. So he basically just wanted to own more property.
>>
>>82202207
He decided that nobody understood him so he'd make everyone him.
>>
>>82202104
I don't care about a fight against some random space blob. That said, the wacky shenanigans of Groot got old after about 10 sec
>>
>>82202370
That's part of why I like the GOTG films so much. There's actual heart in the writing and the characters are more than just stock props.
>>
>>82202442
But they did this way for all the movie anon, name one (1) cool battle scene on this movie
>>
>>82202375
>mfw I just now got that plot point/metaphor

That's fucking stupid, and jesus, so fucking terrible too
>le evil white man oppressing the common man by taking their proberty

His entire "evil plan" made little sense as they never properly explained it. He was going on about creating life and shit, and then being disappointed by other life, so halfway through the film, I thought that in his search for life in space, he only found bacteria, and they were implying he was responsible for creating intelligent life, and thus he chose to spread. So him creating those blue blobs made no sense to me at all. Now I get that they were going for something much less intelligent with the "evil real estate man is trying to expand his property" evil plot.
>>
>>82202442
Literally Jar Jar Binks tier character.
>>
File: 1482302957005.jpg (17KB, 303x312px) Image search: [Google]
1482302957005.jpg
17KB, 303x312px
Your reaction when:

"It broke my damn heart to give her that tumour."

Holy shit that moment was incredible in my cinema screening. Everyone's jaw dropped.
>>
>>82202530
I liked it when the green girl used the space gun to shoot her sister. Really though, nothing made an impact on me. Except pacman but that's for the wrong reasons
>>
>>82202214
Your same-fagging is so obvious. >>82201293
>>
>>82202643
It was predictable as fuck. You knew he was gonna turn out to be evil the moment they set foot on that planet. His names EGO ffs, it couldn't have been any more obvious that he'd be the villain.
>>
>>82202530
Youndu and Rocket fucking up all of the traitor ravagers was pretty dope
>>
File: IMG_2067.png (115KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2067.png
115KB, 750x1334px
>>82202673
Gtfo fag
>>
>>82202449
Same here. They're definitely the MCU films that seem to have the least amount of executive meddling
>>
>>82202643
The part that really got me that it's obvious that he still loves her deeply.
>>
>>82202551
You were confused by your own cleverness. It is indeed much more simple and told to you by the bad guy, who even has a fucking power point on it my man. Anyone who doesn't get his plan is either operating several Thetan levels above normal human conversation or a fucking retard.

He wanted to turn all the planets into Ego planets, ie himself. Because he hadn't found any life or consciousness on a level enough where it made him feel less alone and that his existence had a point to it.
(apart from Peter's mom who must have been fucking amazing in the sack, I mean, screwing her was almost enough reason for a godlike being to find meaning in being alive).

So basically he wants everything to be him because his ego was so massive it was the only way he could find a reason for living to even be a concept.
>>
File: 368.png (134KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
368.png
134KB, 500x281px
>>82202643
I actually "feel" like

>Wow

Only for the tone of the voice and the
>Wha..?

Btw was already too oblivious
>>
>>82202717
That's one scene I don't understand. How do you brutally slaughter thousands, and then go back to being normal without any burden or guilt of having killed your crew.

>but they were trying to kill him
Yeah, it still made little sense
And I was very confused as for why they made the slaughter of so many people so casual and happy. I'm not saying they shouldn't have shown death, but they way in which it was portrayed seemed so off.

Like, imagine if I were to play the same music to footage of WWI, or the Holocaust, or the Armenian Genocide... how is that any different?
>>
>>82202789
>The part that really got me that it's obvious that he still loves her deeply.
That was a top-tier villain over there. I loved how he spoke like a god and acted like a god, then expected his son to do the same because fuck mortals. Rusell was great at delivering these feels.
>>
>>82202703
They don't really try to hide it, Peter doesn't trust him from the off (guess you could say abandonment issues) and Gamora never stops doubting him (if the audience doesn't trust her opinion they're dumbos)
I guess they didn't try to hide it because anyone who knows who Ego is from the comics or searches if will find out he's a villain.
>>
>>82200082
>>82199369
>>82200141

The only reason Starlord didn't die while holding the infinity stone, or while he was in space without a suit in gotg1 is because he was immortal, the light is gone and he is not immortal anymore, so no, if he tried to hold a infinity stone now he would die, and that's the reason he also needed the suit at the end or he would have died.
>>
>>82202863
your comparing capeshit to WW1. Please gas yourself
>>
>>82202863
If you haven't noticed the crew loyal to him were already executed via the airlock...
>>
>>82202863
Well a), it's capeshit chill and b) he loved peter whose life was in danger and so anyone that fucked with him was going to get the arrow and c) it's not like yondu and rocket aren't above revenge killing dudes who fucked them over and d) everyone on the Guardians has killed people and they talk casually about killing people regularly who gives a fuck
>>
>>82195116
If you unironically like this movie you should kill yourself.
>>
>>82202882
>that momentary flashback to Peter's mom when Ego impaled him with those energy tentacle things and you can see his sorrowful expression.

Feels indeed. I really don't know how /tv/ can say that the first one is better when vol. 2 manages to tug away at your heartstrings so much more effectively.
>>
>>82195116
Redditcore + incessant quips = 1 billion box office
>>
>>82203034
If you unironically think this then you should stick your wet finger into an electrical socket.
>>
>>82199455
how retarded can one person be?
>>
>>82203037
>Peter's happy thoughts
Laughing with Drax
Flying with Rocket
Dancing with Gamora
Learning how to shoot from Yondu

bretty gud
>>
>>82203084
It won't fit in.
>>
>>82202807
Yeah, I get it now, and I'm groaning at how generic and one note that is.

It almost feels like they're trying to make a metaphor for Donald Trump too.

>yeah, that guy who does real estate and has a massive ego is a total villain that wants to destroy the universe

I genuinely thought they were going for something more nuanced, and that they were gonna explain his celestial powers better, so I felt very confused by the fact that they suddenly made him blatantly evil like that. I was thinking, wait, if he can create life with that blue shit, why is he trying to kill people?

Now I get it, and the more I think about it, the less his motivations make sense to me. If he's a living brain who can create literal planets from nothing, why does he need to take over. If he was lonely, why does he kill the the only person to fulfill him? How is taking more planets when you can make your own any form of higher purpose? What's the end goal here? What happens after you succeed?

I feel like they tried so hard to push their metaphor here, they didn't give it proper thought, it just feels like
>le capitalism is bad as it's expansion for the sake of expansion
But that's not true at all, capitalism creates job, and oftentimes, business owners DO have end goals in mind.
>>
>>82203084
Jokes on you I hate this series due to vanity competely and haven't seen either of these pleb tier infant clap fests.
>>
>>82200471
https://vimeo.com/214597162

here all the after credits scene
>>
tfw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-7c4VNGOgU
>>
>>82203187
Messy hair stressed out gold lady is hot.
>>
>>82202643
For us it was when Ego crushed Star-Lord's Walkman player.

Everybody was booing the screen
>>
>>82203132
That whole sequence was so great
>>
>>82203238
Not gonna lie, I cried like a bitch when that song starts playing.
>>
openload (dot) co (slash) f (slash) DUZt5XxyVhg (slash) Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol_2_2017_HDCAM_700MB_x264-DiRG_mp4
Jesus Christ

Im skipping around some to some of the scenes. Context free I know but holy cow every single scene goes like this
>comedy beat from goofy character (Drax not getting something, Peter's references, etc.)
>serious character reacts angrily

then from there its either

>goofy character says something serious that was hidden in the humor
>serious character goes silent and looks at goofy character emotionally

OR

>serious character says something serious
>goofy character goes silent and stares at serious character emotionally
>*quiet moment of musical inflection*

Thats every single dialogue scene and Ive checked like 10 so far

What the hell
>>
>>82203277
>Everybody was booing the screen
I thought all the horror stories about Americlaps in the cinema were a meme.
>>
>>82203360
Movies not out in the USA yet you dip
>>
>>82203179
>I haven't seen them but I hate them anything

Pathetic way to think.
>>
>>82203317
That's every marvel movie since iron man but this time it's saturated with that kind of shit
>>
>>82203317
It's a comedy set in space that starts dumping blatant emotionally manipulative scenes every ten minutes from around the halfway mark that ends with a wake.

Don't expect anything well written from a cape movie dude.
>>
>>82203360
the inappropriate laughing and "yeah"ing happens so often in theaters now that I wait until movies come out on dvd now.
>>
>>82195116
Baby Groot's a slam fucking dunk for toys. Gonna be a fortune, get ready for a million Instagrammed Baby Groots
>>
>>82203238
>TFW my father feels old and he's hoping that I will settle down and have a good life before he retires.
This hit me right in the feels.
>>
File: 1477469831589.jpg (45KB, 499x466px) Image search: [Google]
1477469831589.jpg
45KB, 499x466px
>>82203178
>It almost feels like they're trying to make a metaphor for Donald Trump too.
>>
>>82203474
Cat's in the cradle has more feels
>>
Everyone who complained that the MCU is formulaic should watch this because it seems to be designed specifically to address those issues.

>stand-alone story
>the plot focuses more on the characters and their relationships
>great villain
>someone important actually dies
>>
>>82203393
4chan is full of pathetic people.

And trolls.

Sometimes all you have to do is type the way I just did to trigger someone.

Did this twice in a thread in /v/ with the stupidest opinion and at least three people just sperged out over the way the lines are spaced.
>>
>>82203601
fuckking reddit spacing

you have to go back
>>
Just finished it

what a fucking disgrace to the first movie

first movie showed a star wars tier galaxy, what happened here?

they were

5% on a fucking nameless planet
5% on a ship
90% on daddys planet where there is a big nothing

story is literally non existent

daddy is evil because
yeah

but we have awesome mix hue hue XD and baby groot
>>
>>82203530
Did you even see the movie?
Did you really enjoy that horrible sisters arc?
>>
>>82203425
>muh emotional manipulation

The more intelligent you try to be, the dumber you sound.
>>
>>82203601
oh yeah well once i got 11 (Yous) when I asked why Hellboy was in the stinger at the end of Avengers so who's the master ruseman now huh
>>
>>82203238
This hit me like a ton of bricks, not even joking. Almost cried desu
>>
>>82203655
You're completely right, I should use words with less syllables next time. Thanks muh man.
>>
>>82196148
The big problem with this is that the movie is treated like an extended episode of a TV series rather than as a movie. A whole lot of nothing happened between these events and the events in question felt like little footnotes to something bigger that should have been but was absent.
>>
File: 1478822422470.jpg (19KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1478822422470.jpg
19KB, 600x450px
>>82203634
>>82203680
Wow triggered in one post and I called it.

Its like Babe Ruth calling his home run.
>>
>>82200237
>quip
it's not a quip. Abnett wrote Thanos as a fatalist and scientific type, not just a generic evil dark lord. He was constantly discovering new things and thought he couldn't die.
>>
>>82199147
James Gunn wrote the thing alone
>>
>>82203655
James Gunn riveting take on the horrors of child abuse allow his latest comic book film "Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2" to transcend its funny book origins and magnify a real life crisis affecting thousands of Americans every day, excluding the thousands more who are too scared to speak out and continue to suffer under horrific violence from those meant to protect them. The scene where the blue robot girl says DADDY ALWAYS HIT ME AND NOT YOU and le sad music played was a scene that could happen under a filmmaker dedicated to expressing the authentic emotions of abuse victims. Gunn's choice to express this on as large a scale as possible --- a tentpole blockbuster film -- gives me the utmost respect for Gunn's bravery and activism.
>>
>>82200245
Thanos won't die, so he can return in future titles

He'll be quipped to unconsciousness and get arrested
>>
>>82203037
The first one is tighter and plot-driven. The surefire crowdpleaser.

The second one is more sprawling and aiming to be character-driven. So it's bound to lose some people over the increased numbers of characters and emotional beats.

Same thing happened to "The Winter Soldier" and "Civil War".
>>
>>82195116
it was still fun
>>
>>82199999
Couldn't have said it any better.
AND NICE DIGITS
>>
>Kismet, also known as Paragon, Her, and Ayesha, is a fictional superheroine appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kismet_(Marvel_Comics)

>She, subtitled A History of Adventure, is a novel by English writer H. Rider Haggard, first serialised in The Graphic magazine from October 1886 to January 1887. She was extraordinarily popular upon its release and has never been out of print.

>The story is a first-person narrative that follows the journey of Horace Holly and his ward Leo Vincey to a lost kingdom in the African interior. There they encounter a primitive race of natives and a mysterious white queen named Ayesha who reigns as the all-powerful "She", or "She-who-must-be-obeyed".

>Ayesha ā€“ the title character of the novel, called Hiya by the native Amahagger, or "She" (She-who-must-be-obeyed). Ayesha was born over 2,000 years ago amongst the Arabs, mastering the lore of the ancients and becoming a great sorceress. Learning of the Pillar of Life in the African interior, she journeyed to the ruined kingdom of KĆ“r, feigning friendship with a hermit who was the keeper of the Flame that granted immortality. She bathed in the Pillar of Life's fire. Her name Ayesha is of Arabic origin and according to the author should be pronounced "Assha".

>She is placed firmly in the imperialist literature of nineteenth-century England, and inspired by Rider Haggard's experiences of South Africa and British colonialism. The story expresses numerous racial and evolutionary conceptions of the late Victorians, especially notions of degeneration and racial decline prominent during the fin de siĆØcle. In the figure of She, the novel notably explored themes of female authority and feminine behaviour. It has received praise and criticism alike for its representation of womanhood.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She:_A_History_of_Adventure
>>
>>82203798
Your unironic ironic causation abilities are truly next level. All hail the triggermeister, praetor of posts, commander of closed conversation, seneschal of stupidity.
>>
File: 1493514688150.webm (2MB, 720x336px) Image search: [Google]
1493514688150.webm
2MB, 720x336px
>>
>>82202894
I think you kind of missed the part when his body was able to channel a Celestial's power. Now, He's a conduit that's suited for a special type of power. Celestial power. His father channeling power to him in no way negates him being able to channel the power of other celestials.
>>
>>82203957
Ewww
>>
File: 1488581235104.jpg (27KB, 386x401px) Image search: [Google]
1488581235104.jpg
27KB, 386x401px
>>82199999
>>
>>82199851
>Random grunt
Drax got impaled in the neck
>>
>>82203317
>every single scene goes like this
That's not true at all and would know that if you actually watched it the whole way through
>>
>>82203957

>>82203187
>>
I was actually legit upset when Yondu died. I'm dragged along to these capeshit movies and I immediately took a liking to the one character that seems pretty rough around the edges and is the only interesting casting choice for a major character. Killing people with whistling is pretty neat-o too.
>>
File: 1493072388396.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1493072388396.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
They take based Michael Rooker, an actor on a entirely different league from every other actor of these capeshit movies, and kill him off for no reason.

WHY.

Literally the best thing in the movie.
>>
>>82202643
Same thing happened at mine
>>
>>82203957
>They actually made Krugarr a sorcerer like Doctor Strange

THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN
>>
>>82204150
Because he's the safest to kill off; having the lowest sex appeal of all the characters
>>
File: bad thanos.jpg (70KB, 409x419px) Image search: [Google]
bad thanos.jpg
70KB, 409x419px
>>82200310
>>
>>82200050
James Gunn confirmed that Adam won't be in Infinity War.

>ā€œHeā€™s not. Heā€™s not in Infinity War. But he will be a part of the future Marvel cosmic universe and a pretty important part of that,"
>>
File: ego and meredith.jpg (36KB, 554x367px) Image search: [Google]
ego and meredith.jpg
36KB, 554x367px
>>82199999
What're the odds?
>>
GotG2 is almost as bad as age of ultron.
>>
>>82203653
Why was it horrible in your opinion? I thought it was pretty nice
>>
>>82203957
who are they? are they going to have their own movie?
>>
>>82204285
Are Cosmo The Dog and Howard The Duck getting their own movie?
>>
So in the end it boiled down to the heroes stopping the first ever documented case of attempted mass interplanetary rape.
>>
>>82204285
They're the original Guardians of the Galaxy from the comics: Starhawk, Aletta, Charlie-27, Martinex, Mainframe and Krugarr.

They'll show up in the next movie.
>>
>>82204285
In the comics, they're the original (in publishing, in the timeline they're from the future) Guardians team. It was them plus Yondu.

In the film, they're the original Ravager team that started the whole organisation. Yondu was one of them but Stallone exiled him for trafficing kids.
i would say they're just a reference but you've got at least 3 good actors there so if the rumours that the cosmic side of Marvel will get built up once Infinity War ends and the Avengers actors all retire their roles, they might come back.
>>
>>82203779
I liked how detached it from the rest of the MCU. Had this movie been full of Infinity War set ups people would be bitching the same way.
Ragnarok will have a way bigger connection and probably have a lot to do with Avengers. Watch as this board shits on it for that.
>>
File: captain america.png (416KB, 623x527px) Image search: [Google]
captain america.png
416KB, 623x527px
>>82203957
>Stakar is played by Sylvester Stallone
>Martinex is played by Michael Rosenbaum
>Charlie-27 is played by Ving Rhames
>Aleta Ogord is played by Michelle Yeoh
>Mainframe is played by Miley Cyrus
>Krugarr is played by some clearly rushed CGI

weird casting
>>
>>82204376
>>82204382
thanks fellas
>>
>>82204285
Its the comics original team of Guardians. Stalone is star hawk and the others are the rest
>>
>>82203957
>>82204182
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Krugarr_(Earth-691)
>>
>>82204254
Not even close.
>>
>>82204412

I liked that they still built up what an edgy dickhead Thanos is even if he didn't appear
>>
>>82196148
sounds like a decent soap opera episode
>>
>>82204284
>I'm very fucking mad at you cause you used to be better than me and daddy would forcefully cyborg me until I beat you
>now that I'm free from these cuffs I gunna kill everybody and everything especially my sister cause I really hate her because daddy did stuff to me she most likely had no saying in
>Did I mention that I really fucking hate my sister?
>I found you sister I kill you with spessshit
>you bested me but saved my life, now I will kill you because I really hate you because this daddy stuff
>lol nah let's make peace, best sista eva, luv xoxo
What fucking horrible writing
>>
>>82204356
I love how /ourguy/, Ego, comes across a Bunnyfu, and on his first excursion out into the cosmos no less. There he is, tall handsome bloke and then there's this Little BunnyFu, Smiling up at him. He then said he planted his fruits across the galaxy, but Star Lord's mom was the only one he loved. So basically he gave Bunnyfu a baby. And, he even said his penis was well developed. He is literally, /ourguy/.
>>
>>82204554
Nebula reluctantly gives Gamora a half hug then storms out. That's hardly "lol nah let's make peace, best sista eva, luv xoxo"
>>
>>82204285
The original Guardians of the Galaxy.

TL;DR from the comics.

Stakar Ogord (Sylvester Stallone)
>Controls light.

Aleta Ogord (Michelle Yeoh)
>Stakar's adoptive sister turned wife who shares a body with him. Also controls light.

Charlie-27 (Ving Rhames)
>Genetically engineered supersoldier.

Martinex (Michael Rosenbaun)
>Crystal-like alien with heat and cold powers.

Mainframe (Miley Cyrus)
>Sentient supercomputer. Based off of the Vision in the comics.

Krugarr
>Alien sorcerer. Doctor Strange's successor as Sorcerer Supreme.
>>
>>82199524
How the fuck does that work? His father dies so he loses half of his genetics?
>>
The Ravagers really are Hell's Angels in space, huh.
>>
So was that the same Stan Lee of all the cameos and hence a watcher ... or what the fuck was that
>>
>>82204658
the light got destroyed when they blew up ego so he is not immortal anymore
>>
>>82204658
It's magical celestial blood lineage thingy that doesn't need an explanation, more than genetics
>>
>>82204554
>she most likely had no saying in
In the climax of their fight Gamora pretty much explains her that. It wasn't really her fault. It doesn't make them best friends and by the end of the movie Nebula is clearly still a bit mad but that's when they start working together
>>
>>82204658
Ego says Peter has celestial powers as long as 'the light' exists. The light was just Ego's own power. Ego is ded, light is gone.
Implication is that Peter's celestial genetics only channeled his dad's power.

Could be that it'll work for any celestial if he can tap into it. Might come up again.
>>
>>82204658
Yeah people dont realize he has SOME power genetically. He just isnt supercharged like when on Ego
>>
>>82204702
yes
>>
>>82204702
stan lee is in the credits as ā€œThe Watchers' Informant"
>>
>>82204235
>future Marvel cosmic universe
Just a reminder: Infinity War is not the end. We are going to get permanent Marvel installments until they don't earn their money back.
>>
>>82204833

Good. Who'll be the next big big bad after Thanos?
>>
>>82204554
Yeah but it guarantees we get some primo wincest r34 for the next several years
>>
>>82202028
>>Kraglin says Peter is the captain now
which doesn't mean much since taserface killed the loyaists and then yondu killed the rest of the scavengers
>>
>>82204235
>most important character in the Infinity War arc
>not in the Infinity War movie

or maybe he just means he's not in the next Avengers movie titled Infinity War, but he'll be in the fourth Avengers movie that used to be entitled Infinity War Part 2 but now has no title yet after they realized no one likes the third movie being split up into two bullshit
>>
>>82204856
No word.

There were rumors they'd adapt Dark Reign on the Earthbound movies.
>>
>>82204554
I wanted them to kiss... But Gamora was too busy thinking about Peter's BWC to care.
>>
>>82204554
>victim of child abuse lashes out at people who don't deserve it

thought that wouldn't be too surprising to you since that's your life
>>
>>82204856
If they expand cosmic, they'll do one of the Annihilation stories. Some variant of it, anyway, Annihilus himself is probably tied up with the FF license.
So maybe the phalanx, or the high evolutionary or just go straight to cancerverse type stuff or make Adam Warlock go bad guy.
>>
>>82204900
I doubt that, just because he was important in the comics doesn't mean he will be important the movie. We will probably only see Adam in GotG3
>>
>>82204929

It would be based beyond belief if they brought back Willem Dafoe for Norman Osborn and gave him the Iron Patriot armor if they did that arc.
>>
>>82202643
this followed by me grinning like a motherfucker when Peter shot him in the fucking head
>>
>>82205034
Yeah, this.
About the only thing you can guarantee will be some version of the scene where Cap is the only one still standing to tell Thanos to go fuck himself.
I imagine they'll tease Drax killing him at least.
>>
File: iron_patriot.jpg (41KB, 400x445px) Image search: [Google]
iron_patriot.jpg
41KB, 400x445px
>>82205062
>you know Red Skull, I'm something of a National Socialist myself

jesus christ Russos
>>
I liked it, the again I am a sucker for cape shit. But I will say that they managed the drama in a pretty blunt manner, like when Yondu sacrifices himself to save Peter and says he consideres him his son, we were showed this and saying that kills the moment Its not an amazing movie its fucking capeshit but I enjoyed it.
>>
>>82202643
I think the strongest moment at the screening I went to was Yondu's space funeral.
>>
>>82203238
>find a girl, settle down
WHAT IS THIS PATRIARCHAL HETERONORMATIVE BULLSHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>82204900
>movie that used to be entitled Infinity War Part 2 but now has no title yet after they realized no one likes the third movie being split up into two bullshit

It's gonna still be a part 2, just with a different title, probably Infinity Gauntlet.
>>
File: lex luthor wills it.jpg (215KB, 756x972px) Image search: [Google]
lex luthor wills it.jpg
215KB, 756x972px
So today I watched family issues: special edition groot and while it was entertaining I dont recall starlord actually killing his dad in the comics or am I wrong?

And if I am not wrong doesnt the absolute nothing that happened in this film already show that they are running out of actual big bads already since FF and x-men share quite a few antagonists with the avengers while gotg, ms marvel and nova do their intergalactic shiieet?

after thanos causing a huge grouping of protags isnt everything afterwards just gonna be another edition of family issues staring "insertsuperherohere"
>>
>>82205366
>t they are running out of actual big bads already since FF and x-men share quite a few antagonists with the avengers
Are the Skrulls owned by Marvel or Fox now? would be a shame if we never got to see them
>>
>>82205576

Fox has the rights to them but word on the street is they are scurred after how bad FF bombed and might start lending rights like Sony.
>>
>>82205576
marvel have the skrulls (definitely in name at least) I believe but fox has super skrull
>>
>>82203957
>when just a scene is better than all of the dcuck universe
>>
File: 1462949512790.jpg (282KB, 632x921px) Image search: [Google]
1462949512790.jpg
282KB, 632x921px
>>82205705
>>
>>82202117
The first movie starts with a child watching his mother die, who flees the hospital because he can't process his grief. That set up Quill's character arc for the whole movie and grounds the whacky space nonsense, contrasting the levity of the rest of the movie.

The second one starts with Kurt Russell driving Peters mum about and showing her a plant. We already knew she fucked a spaceman from the first film; there is zero new information in this scene.

The plot never gets going. The gold bastards are angry with the guardians because rocket stole some batteries, which came across like a throwaway joke when he actually did it. Post-credits, the gold bastards are set up as a major antagonist in a future movie, apparently all because of some batteries. Who cares? Why is Ego evil all of a sudden? Why would he tell Peter about his mum and squish his Walkman, doesn't he want the two of them to work together? Why did Yondu just decide to an hero, was he planning on things working out exactly as they did? What if rocket had had two spacesuits, would he have rescued Quill and then shot himself? Why do they spend most of the film on one boring planet? How come every character has to have a gloomy character arc in my children's movie?
>>
>>82205813
That's some OscarĀ® Award-winning makeup if I ever saw any.
>>
>>82205917

I'm glad it didn't have a typical structure and was more about the characters than just "here's the big bad and here's the mcguffin he wants" like in every other capeshit movie
>>
>>82205917
The gold people are egomaniacs who think they are the best and can't handle being constantly fucked over by the Guardians, ayesha wants to prove their/her superiority by making a super gold person to kill them.
Ego was always evil because of his ego which is also why he did what he did
Yondu did what he did because he put Peter's life before his own ego
etc

its not hard to follow the motivations when they're all connected to a guy with the reason as his name
>>
>you're driving and this comes on the radio...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-7c4VNGOgU
>>
>>82205644
Fox have to the rights to the Watchers and just look the post credit scene, something happened here with the rights
>>
>>82195116
Ego raped the universe and killed millions of people with his Instrumentslity Jizz
>>
File: rascalraccoon.jpg (158KB, 392x439px) Image search: [Google]
rascalraccoon.jpg
158KB, 392x439px
>Home Alone antics with Rocket
>Ravagers all turn into skeletons
>>
File: 917439.jpg (135KB, 600x881px) Image search: [Google]
917439.jpg
135KB, 600x881px
>>82205917
Also they are changing the Adam warlock vs the fantastic four for vs the guardians thanks to the rights problem
>>
>>82204732
His power came from his dad. He does not lose his celestial bit because he can't channel his dad's power no more. All this means is he can channel celestial power.
>>
>>82206491
Trash panda
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.